Health Business Solutions Employee Reviews in United States

Making things easier for patients and billing matters
Liaison (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 25, 2015
I was a liaison under contract between HBS and University of Miami.
I worked independently on behalf of HBS. I learned that more than one insurance can be responsible for payments for one particular incident. Health Business solutions determined who was responsible and collected payments. My coworkers at UofM were all relatively friendly. I didn't get an opportunity to travel up to see the coworkers directly in my company, but when I did, they were always warm and friendly.
Pros
Bonuses!!!! When goals were met and were exceeded. Flexability of time
Cons
Short breaks.
New company
Senior Denial Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cooper City, FLJanuary 14, 2013
I served dual roles while emplyed at HBS, as a certified medical coder I reviewed codes for proper reimbursement based upon billing regions and locations and I worked insurance specialist. My day to day duties included account reviews, data entry, customer service, claim review. HBS was a fairly new company during my employment and in my opinion management at the time lacked the ability to motivate the team and showed lack of leadership. I enjoyed the work environement and the fellow employees of HBS.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
management
Non compliance with mi billing rules for payers
DENIAL RECOVERY SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  DEARBORN MIJuly 1, 2013
There is no rules or policy for the employees. Everyone does what they want.The billing staff have no one to go to for departmental decision. There is no training. They expect you to pay the certification that MI does even recognize in our state. The coders are not certified coders. Everyone changes HCPCs,ICD-9 and CPT codes. The Senior Director is from Ohio and has no clue as to how to produce revenue in this state.They are fooling all of their client.
Pros
pay rate
Cons
senior management and want to be managers
Some good days and a lot of bad days due to having 6 managers either quit or being fired in one year
Certified Denial Recovery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIDecember 7, 2012
It differs I primary work on releasing claims through and billing system clearing out all errors. I also process claims that have been rejected for a variety of issues ranging from registration to coding errors.
Pros
lunch every month and employee of the month bonus
Cons
computer issues and changing of management every other month
Productive. Always taking on accounts to try and keep you busy.
Office Support (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 22, 2012
Allows room for advancement. Dental and health care. Paid holidays off. Overtime is allowed.
Pros
bonus
Cons
1/2 hour lunch break
I was able to learn a whole new field with great team work
Client Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Far RockawayDecember 13, 2011
I knew nothing of Drug and Alchohol Rehabilitation and was able in less than a year working with peers and counselers to obtain all the Contacts and paper work needed to help these clients get back on thier feet. The Supervisors were very knowledgeable and a great help.
Pros
free lunch, good team to work with
Cons
long travel and only 1/2 hr lunch (not paid)
All work, no play.
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rockaway, nyJanuary 19, 2012
In all my twenty-five years of work, this was by far the worst company that I have ever worked for. I am a worker that does not exspect anything from a company. But before they let us go they could have a least had a meeting or sent us an e-mail.
Pros
they did have free lunch.
Worked denials for hospital accounts
Denial Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hillcrest Hospital Waco TexasJanuary 23, 2014
assigned commercial accounts to work insurance denials, worked some billing accounts to send to the various insurances for payment

2.8