Health Care Services

Health Care Services Employer Reviews

not a good place to work
Floor Tech in Hospital Setting (Former Employee), Venice, FLAugust 14, 2014
Pros: no free lunch
Cons: 10 mins
the boss was not friandly at all and did not no what he was doing i did all the floor tech work in the billding and he sat in the office allday wen i was working my back off
Productive and fun
Manger/Housekeeping/Laundry (Former Employee), Livingston, MTAugust 5, 2014
Pros: not enogh time to get work done right
Cons: sort lunch workers
I clean rooms four days a week and do laundry two days. Their is productive in the bulding as a team. Team work is very inportant.
i enjoyed working there
Interim Health Care Services (Former Employee), FLJuly 30, 2014
Pros: oppurtunity for improvement
they are very flexible with the way they schedule you they work with you
maintain a safe enviroment
home health aide (Former Employee), caring for patients needsJune 26, 2014
Pros: lunch break
Cons: short break
caring for patients and assuring their safety.provide personal care
working here was easy
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee), Laureldale, PAJune 16, 2014
Pros: very easy job
Cons: short brakes
feed clothed and gave meds and got elderly woman on and off the barta bus in a wheel chair and also provided companionship
Highly diversed culture and competitve work force
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 31, 2014
Pros: networking is a must. excellent benefits.
Cons: healthcare market is unstable
Health Care Service Corporation (HCSC) is a nationally well known insurance and health care products provider throughout five states in the United States of America: Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas.

HCSC is a hierarchy organization; the direction of the company, its goals is given from the CEO and President. The management team I reported – more... to were good at giving its employees relevant information, as necessary.

Most people do not leave willingly unless they have received a better offer they could not refuse.

A typical day at work required for me to ensure that my managers calendar is maintained. I need to know what is going on at all times, location, when, and where my manager needed to be. Maintaining the managers calendar kept them on track. I answered a multi-line phone, took dictation, typed correspondence, confer with employee issues and consult with vendors.

I learned that the company offers computer based training for all employees. This means that if an employee wanted to sharpen their skills in programs such Word, Excel or project management, the company provided the training free of charge.

The hardest part of the job is being available around the clock. Sometimes the position required for me to be available 24/7. In addition, the room for advancement at this time is not available.

I enjoy working for this company. – less
A Great place to work
IHSS Adult services (Current Employee), Inglewood, CAMarch 8, 2014
Pros: great team
Cons: benefits ok
I meet some great people I would love to join their team again.
Productive work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Smithfield, NCFebruary 28, 2014
learned how to maintain a clean work area.
enjoyed meeting and socializing with the senior citizens
Busy
FOOD SERVICE DIRECTOR (Former Employee), Bensalem, PAFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: no job after a year
Always something to do, every day was a learning moment. Through my year being employeed I got the chance to meet/work with alot of different people. Theres alot of good people that do truely love their job and their work shows it. For the clinical part of my job I have got the chance to work with some really good dietitians and have learned alot.
very organized by the book structured company
Director of Housekeeping and Laundry (Former Employee), Maple Heights, OHJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: works around schedule
Cons: long hours, traveling
daily the most important thing is the safety of residents and employees as well as the cleanliness of the building. you would meet new people daily and learn their likes, dislikes and more about them personally. the management as well as co-workers are very friendly, helpful and caring people great customer service. the hardest part of the job would – more... have to be some of the smell you have to encounter throughout the day. the best part of the job is when the residents are satisfied and their happy because of the job you've done. – less
Taco Tuesday
Concierge (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: ceo of my companies
Awesome. I started the company and successfully accomplished my 5 year exit strategy.
productive and fun
dietary aide/cook (Former Employee), VADecember 10, 2013
Pros: excellent people to work with
Cons: short lunch breaks
my co-workers were excellent to work with; we were all friends. we went thru a few different bosses but they were all good to work with. the hardest part of the job was keeping everything up to standard with inspection; having to make sure everything was always the right tempature, etc. The most enjoyable part of the job was having co-workers as good – more... friends as well. – less
I am glad I had the opportunity to work in a facility where you can see the effects of clients satisfaction.
DIETARY MANAGER (Former Employee), Daphne, ALDecember 9, 2013
Pros: holidays and weekends off
Cons: didd"t get a chance to take vacation, company did not feel obligated to pay for time that you earned if contract was not renewed.
My experience with healthcare service was indeed a learning experience.

Upon taking on the task of Dietary Manager, I had to learn how to communicate with Directors Doctors, clients, behavioral aides and all the staff that was involved the welfare of the clients.

My duties as Dietary Manager consisted of hiring and termination of employees I had to – more... oversee the daily operations of the food service facility.

The most difficult part of my job was to learn without being trained in the managers position. The most rewarding part was learning , without the proper training . – less
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Albia, IADecember 4, 2013
Co-workers are great and friendly. Clients are fun and lively.
Great Peolpe to Work With
Housekeeping/Laundry (Former Employee), Solon, OHNovember 7, 2013
Very Friendly People I was in housekeeping I learned all the basics my co-workers was great the hardest part was trying to remember all residents names most enjoyable part was begin there.
hassle
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee), Providence, RINovember 5, 2013
Pros: nice people and helpful managment
Cons: the meetings and the distance you have to travel from house to house at times
a typical day at work was just that WORK you only have a certain amount of time to get your work done before you have to be at your next client. cooking breakfast preparing lunch cleaning the house and making sure you bathe, dress and fully groom your client. management was wonderful the girls in the office are really there for you every step of the – more... way they are really on top of their jobs. you don't see much of your co-workers except at the monthly meetings which are completely un-necessary because they talk about the same things at every meeting but other than that its a pretty ok place – less
High stress but enjoyable place to work
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Adrian, MIAugust 21, 2013
Pros: worked well with college schedule
Cons: high stress and fast paced
A day at work would consist of helping the cook prepare the food in the big kitchen, then taking this food to 2 smaller kitchens and serving it to the residents. After the residents were finished eating I would clean the dishes and the kitchen.
I learned the importance of making sure the temperature of the food was suitable for the residents. I learned – more... the different kinds of diets such as pureed, mechanical soft, low salt, diabetes.
Management was constantly changing and having difficulty being organized.
My co-workers were very dedicated to working together as a team to get all the residents fed at the appropriate time.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with constant change in management.
The most enjoyable part of this job was getting to know the residents. – less
Spiritual, caring place
Data Entry Clerk/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Staten Island, NYMay 28, 2013
This company is also a spiritual, caring, loving place. We got all holidays off with pay. Even when The children where off for spring break or christmas. You were able to get it off with pay.
Account Manager
Account Manager (Former Employee), Carlinville ILMay 19, 2013
Pros: my staff
I worked in a rehablitation center. I was incharge of housekeeping and laundry. I had eight employees that worked under me. I had a great team of workers and really enjoyed my job.
horrible work place
Housekeeping and Laundry worker (Former Employee), Owenton, KYMarch 13, 2013
Health care services is one of the worst companies i have ever worked for! never had any cleaning products. what cleaning products we had were cheap and no good.. very poor management! worked for them for two years without a raise. not enough staff, not enough hours in a day to get your work done, to much work put on employes