Health Care Services

Health Care Services Employer Reviews

JUST A JOB
Housekeeper, Maid (Current Employee), Waxahachie, TXJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: job
Cons: the work is tireing and their is not enough time
WORK AT 7 AM PULL TRASH IN LOBBY, ADDRESS CLEAN UP PROBLEMS FROM OVERNIGHT, STOCK CART, START CLEANING ROOMS,TILL 10AM, BREAK TO 10:15 AM, BACK TO CLEANING ROOMS,TILL12 NOON . LUNCH FROM12 NOON TO
1 PM LUNCH,BACK TO CLEANING OFF AT 2PM.
HARDEST PART OF MY JOB IS STAYING ON TIME. MY MANAGER IS A NICE PERSON AND RUNS A TIGHT SHIP. MY MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE DAY IS KNOWING THAT I HAVE DONE A GOOD JOB.
great office and work place
Housekeeping/Personal Assistant (Former Employee), Old Bridge, NJDecember 16, 2014
willing to make a great contribution to the medical organization and work and relocate if need be
HSCSN
Care Manager Associate (Current Employee), Washington, DCNovember 20, 2014
Pros: nice area to work in; very close to the white house.
Cons: no parking; you have to ride he metro or pay $10-$16 per day for parking
This is a very good agency to work with and for; however, the persons who are in control can make an easy job difficult to do. There are always continuous changes in staff and policy, and practices. The staff you work with is not trustworthy and this causes many issues. The children we serve at HSCSN are indeed special as they are children with special needs.

Job has a high turnover and tolerates low performance from employees and don't acknowledge the ones who are high performers/achievers.
terrible
Sales Representative (Former Employee), monongahelaSeptember 3, 2014
Terrible company to work for. The entire day consisted of writing a schedule and meeting with the head nurses of each home. It was a very unpleasant place to work for. They would send you all over the place
not good experience
Floor Tech / Maintenance (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLAugust 27, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: just didnt like it
pick up trash around nursing home sweep,mop hallways and buff floor.
a job that challenges your mind
Manager Trainee (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCAugust 14, 2014
Easy people to work with, great attitude of the residents, never a dull moment
not a good place to work
Floor Tech in Hospital Setting (Former Employee), Venice, FLAugust 14, 2014
Pros: no free lunch
Cons: 10 mins
the boss was not friandly at all and did not no what he was doing i did all the floor tech work in the billding and he sat in the office allday wen i was working my back off
Productive and fun
Manger/Housekeeping/Laundry (Former Employee), Livingston, MTAugust 5, 2014
Pros: not enogh time to get work done right
Cons: sort lunch workers
I clean rooms four days a week and do laundry two days. Their is productive in the bulding as a team. Team work is very inportant.
i enjoyed working there
Interim Health Care Services (Former Employee), FLJuly 30, 2014
Pros: oppurtunity for improvement
they are very flexible with the way they schedule you they work with you
maintain a safe enviroment
home health aide (Former Employee), caring for patients needsJune 26, 2014
Pros: lunch break
Cons: short break
caring for patients and assuring their safety.provide personal care
working here was easy
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee), Laureldale, PAJune 16, 2014
Pros: very easy job
Cons: short brakes
feed clothed and gave meds and got elderly woman on and off the barta bus in a wheel chair and also provided companionship
Highly diversed culture and competitve work force
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 31, 2014
Pros: networking is a must. excellent benefits.
Cons: healthcare market is unstable
Health Care Service Corporation (HCSC) is a nationally well known insurance and health care products provider throughout five states in the United States of America: Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas.

HCSC is a hierarchy organization; the direction of the company, its goals is given from the CEO and President. The management team I reported to were good at giving its employees relevant information, as necessary.

Most people do not leave willingly unless they have received a better offer they could not refuse.

A typical day at work required for me to ensure that my managers calendar is maintained. I need to know what is going on at all times, location, when, and where my manager needed to be. Maintaining the managers calendar kept them on track. I answered a multi-line phone, took dictation, typed correspondence, confer with employee issues and consult with vendors.

I learned that the company offers computer based training for all employees. This means that if an employee wanted to sharpen their skills in programs such Word, Excel or project management, the company provided the training free of charge.

The hardest part of the job is being available around the clock. Sometimes the position required for me to be available 24/7. In addition, the room for advancement at this time is not available.

I enjoy working for this company.
A Great place to work
IHSS Adult services (Current Employee), Inglewood, CAMarch 8, 2014
Pros: great team
Cons: benefits ok
I meet some great people I would love to join their team again.
Productive work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Smithfield, NCFebruary 28, 2014
learned how to maintain a clean work area.
enjoyed meeting and socializing with the senior citizens
Busy
FOOD SERVICE DIRECTOR (Former Employee), Bensalem, PAFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: no job after a year
Always something to do, every day was a learning moment. Through my year being employeed I got the chance to meet/work with alot of different people. Theres alot of good people that do truely love their job and their work shows it. For the clinical part of my job I have got the chance to work with some really good dietitians and have learned alot.
very organized by the book structured company
Director of Housekeeping and Laundry (Former Employee), Maple Heights, OHJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: works around schedule
Cons: long hours, traveling
daily the most important thing is the safety of residents and employees as well as the cleanliness of the building. you would meet new people daily and learn their likes, dislikes and more about them personally. the management as well as co-workers are very friendly, helpful and caring people great customer service. the hardest part of the job would have to be some of the smell you have to encounter throughout the day. the best part of the job is when the residents are satisfied and their happy because of the job you've done.
Taco Tuesday
Concierge (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: ceo of my companies
Awesome. I started the company and successfully accomplished my 5 year exit strategy.
productive and fun
dietary aide/cook (Former Employee), VADecember 10, 2013
Pros: excellent people to work with
Cons: short lunch breaks
my co-workers were excellent to work with; we were all friends. we went thru a few different bosses but they were all good to work with. the hardest part of the job was keeping everything up to standard with inspection; having to make sure everything was always the right tempature, etc. The most enjoyable part of the job was having co-workers as good friends as well.
I am glad I had the opportunity to work in a facility where you can see the effects of clients satisfaction.
DIETARY MANAGER (Former Employee), Daphne, ALDecember 9, 2013
Pros: holidays and weekends off
Cons: didd"t get a chance to take vacation, company did not feel obligated to pay for time that you earned if contract was not renewed.
My experience with healthcare service was indeed a learning experience.

Upon taking on the task of Dietary Manager, I had to learn how to communicate with Directors Doctors, clients, behavioral aides and all the staff that was involved the welfare of the clients.

My duties as Dietary Manager consisted of hiring and termination of employees I had to oversee the daily operations of the food service facility.

The most difficult part of my job was to learn without being trained in the managers position. The most rewarding part was learning , without the proper training .
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Albia, IADecember 4, 2013
Co-workers are great and friendly. Clients are fun and lively.