Health Care Services Employee Reviews

always a pleasure to assist with the resident
dietary manager (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLAugust 27, 2016
staff could have been better, if they had the proper equipment for them to use. the hardest part of the job was not actually working for the nursing home, but for an outside company.
Pros
always enjoy working with the residents
Cons
always better working for the actual nursing home rather than an outside company.
Senior Health Care Services (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLAugust 25, 2016
This is a small Home Health company that is passionate about their patients and their staff. The nurses, management and other are always available to assist any one with their concerns.
Pros
Team work
Cons
no room to grow
Not so fun work enviroment
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VAJuly 12, 2016
This company expects so much out of the employees, more then enough. I worked 7 days a week all day and had no time for family life. I would have to travel an hour back and forth each day and they did not pay any of the gas mileage used. The management was not great at all, couldn't count on them to really help with anything.
Pros
okay pay
Cons
bad management, dramatic workplace
Administrative Assistant
Senior Health Care Services (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMarch 26, 2016
Typical work day will be reviewing and update calendars for Director of Nursing, Chief Administrator, responding to emails, and schedule meetings. I would update the employee files electronically via data entry, go thru the mail review an submit to Accounting Dept. Process Payroll for employees. Order Office Supplies, and assist with HR recruiting and training material.
Pros
Visiting different locations on a weekly basis
Cons
Limited ability for growth
okay work area
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 5, 2016
the manger was never there.. there was two people to each crew and we would go it the hotel rooms and clean, change sheets, blankets, towels, clean shower, bathroom, wipe down mirrors, dust
Pros
learned something new
Cons
boss was never to be found.. and didnt get paid for what i worked for
Great manager
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 16, 2015
My manager is great and she is always encouraging us workers. Its a fun and great place to work. People are great as long as you do your work.
Love it, fun job
CNA/ HOME CARE AIDE (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 26, 2015
Love working in the medical field. Co-workers are always helpful and management are great as well. Typical day always on the go, busy and help clients and patients with daily activities. Hardest part of the job, nothing at all. Enjoyable part helping people that appreciate it every bit.
Pros
Great Job to have
Cons
NA
Productive Day
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Exeter, PAAugust 7, 2015
I enjoyed this job. My co-workers were nice, and friendly. They were always there to help when needed. I did a lot of stuff at this job such as packing, picking and shipping packages.
Very unorganized & Poor Management Staff
Assistant Dietary Manager (Current Employee) –  Deatsville, ALJuly 23, 2015
I worked here for almost three months and they have some beutiful facilites but the Management team do not stand by one another.There is also a high call off rate in the kitchen and in the Nursing Home Facility because the Head RN speaks to her co workers in a very rude and belittleing way. It's like there is no consequinces for employee call offs so it's almost daily that Managers have to cover shifts in there absents. You can't just write them up for anything either so they basically do what they want here and come and go when they want as well. When problems arrise, I felt like I had nobody to turn to. I'm not a complainning type person, but when I did complain- situations always got justified some type of way.
Pros
Free food & good bennefits, and good pay
Cons
No stability, highemployee turn over rate, No structure, and No high level support
I enjoyed the staff/ my crew members and residents
Cook/Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  PAJuly 17, 2015
Kitchen did not have an air conditioner. Director was totally dishonest. Hours cut totally short. No support at all from corp. office.
Pros
Interaction with residents/ Past Director was terminated
Cons
One of the worst jobs/bosses I have had/ Corp did not care!
hard working team
housekeepig (Former Employee) –  colton,caJuly 16, 2015
working at health care services inc was very eye opening. My coworkers where always very helpful from start to finish each day. communication between our house keepers was always excellent. management was not so great when I worked there it was always changing.
Pros
great team managment
Cons
no room for groth
Maintenance Tech
Maintenance Tech (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIJune 30, 2015
I do light maintenance work and floor care. My co-workers are all very pleasant and easy to work with. It's a good starting place.
Beautiful area to work. Very friendly people
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  CALISTOGA CA.June 11, 2015
Started work at six am. Checked in with my crew. Then I started about a two hour a day preventive maintenance check through out hospital. There was a meeting each day for supervisors. I had a very good crew of workers and that made job a lot easier. After meeting I would start any landscaping that needed to be done. Usually in the afternoon I was working on any problems that had come up for patients or the hospital.
Pros
WAS TREATED TO MANY FREE LUNCHES, AND REWARDED WITH EXTRA PAID TIME OFF FOR JOBS DONE WELL. [WATER BILL FOR EXAMPLE]
Cons
I HOUNESTLY CANT SAY ANYTHING BAD HERE I LOVED EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS JOB
Health care service
certified nursing assistant 2 (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMay 18, 2015
sent to various long term care facilities to fill in as Certified nursing assistant.Learned to work in constantly changing environment.My co workers were sometimes accommodating and at other times not so much as may be they felt threatened by my presents and not helpful. The hardest part of the job was having to constantly learn new clients needs.I enjoyed meeting new people and going new places.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
sometimes unaccommodating co workers
Horrible company to work for !
Housekeeping/Laundry (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHMay 14, 2015
My Manager was awesome to work for, I can't say so much for the district manager. Was promised a MIT position and the DM ended up hiring someone off the street with no experience at all. I was told they didn't want to loose me as a housekeeper.

My co-workers for the company were amazing!
Great Company
District Manager CDM (Current Employee) –  Shelby, NCMay 7, 2015
great working environment, fun work atmosphere! Upper management always willing to help and see you to the next level! Meals are free when you work, and you get to meet great people.
Pros
You eat for free
Cons
Non
Excellent troubleshooting skills; adept at creating and implementing innovative solutions to problems. Initiate and maintain excellent relationships w
Assistant Manager of Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Coventry Health CenterApril 29, 2015
Arriving at 6;45 am. Once clocked in taking care of collecting all soiled linen from the 2 floors of the facility. Once collected sorting all the soiled linen into each container to be washed. Once linens are washed they are then dried and folding. While waiting for the clean linen I am preparing each floors racks for 2nd and 3rd shifts clean linen. There are 4 racks for each shift with over 400 towels, face clothes, sheets, blankets and garbage bags. I learned that I do enjoy doing the laundry part of the job but I am really interested in pursuing work in activities with the residents. My co-workers were good people who knew how to laugh whether it be at me or with me but still get the job done. It is nice to go to work and it not feel like work when you can just smile, laugh work hard and at the end of the day have it all complete. Hardest part of the job was getting used to soiled linen, In time I got past it though. The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers and the residents.
Pros
Easy work environment
Cons
Have none
Fun productive work place with pool tables
Hospital and Managed Care Collector (Former Employee) –  Irving,TXApril 20, 2015
Codeing and billing insurances, verifying and loading insurance, I learned a lot; medical definition and terms speaking with patients/hospitals verifying insurance on-line. The management was awesome, pay increase was decent always there when needed and made it a fun place to work. The hardest part of the job was having to leave because they closed there doors for good, the best part was working in such a great inviroment.
Pros
The management team
Cons
Closing
Intresting work environment
Head Dietary Aide/ Cook (Former Employee) –  Toledo, IAFebruary 11, 2015
There are many struggles from food not arriving or shortage of food. Most of the workers are running around like chickens with their heads cut off. The other workers are playing on their phones and watching the clock. It's a 4 man job and you have to learn how to do everything on your own. Being trained is a huge issue, the ones who have been there the longest train. The ones who train aren't the best at their job and are not even sure what they are supposed to be doing. The residents are feisty but they will win your heart and if you get to know them they will remember your face. Management is terrifying! I went a month before we actually had a manager and then 2 weeks later that manager quit. The managers they put in the office have no idea what they are doing and tell stuff that other employees should not know. The mangers are always extremely unprofessional.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
managers and lazy coworkers
Just a job
Housekeeper, Maid (Current Employee) –  Waxahachie, TXJanuary 30, 2015
Work at 7 am pull trash in lobby, address clean up problems from overnight, stock cart, start cleaning rooms,till 10am, break to 10:15 am, back to cleaning rooms,till12 noon . Lunch from12 noon to
1 Pm lunch,back to cleaning off at 2pm.
Hardest part of my job is staying on time. My manager is a nice person and runs a tight ship. My most enjoyable part of the day is knowing that I have done a good job.
Pros
JOB
Cons
THE WORK IS TIREING AND THEIR IS NOT ENOUGH TIME