Health Care Employee Reviews

good time
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), TNAugust 22, 2015
Pros: learning new thing
Cons: not enfo help most of the time
I enjoyed the people i meet and got to love them like they were my grandmother or grandpa, i enjoyed my job a lot and the people. i still keep up with some of the family i helped take care of.
Fun working with elders
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJuly 8, 2015
Clean and talking with the client, you learn something new every day the management is good when you don't have the time to get everything done to here the old stores of there life.
They need new people
PM Cook (Former Employee), Dyersburg, TNJune 28, 2015
Pros: they pay ok .....
Cons: they want u to take a break but, they dont give u time.....and you cant leave for the break
if they had new people running Health Care they wouldnt have so much of a turn over.......There losing people everyday.....
no support
Account Manager (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJune 26, 2015
The regional managers have no idea what they are doing. They have do not support the managers. No bonuses. The pay for workers was too low for the employees to live on.
Company has great benefits and fair pay for the area.
Customer Advocate Supervisor (Current Employee), Abilene, TXJune 18, 2015
Pros: Great health insurance rates
Cons: High stress-working 50-60 hour weeks
Health Care Service Corporation is a very large company that is world recognized as Blue Cross and Blue Shield. They are currently hiring thousands of employees offshore. I currently have 155 examiners in Manila and Mumbai in addition to 18 onshore employees that report to me. I am responsible for quality, production, attendance and compliance for these employees as well as mentoring, staff development, hiring additional staff, corporate communications, guideline review and updates with developmental specialists and staff reviews. I love my job, it is rewarding to work with healthcare professionals that have high work ethic standards. HCSC is hiring more offshore staff and will be terming more onshore staff and I find that difficult to communicate to our staff.
Fun and productive
Claims Support Specialist (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMay 23, 2015
Daily tasks included opening and sorting mail by group name or number. Scanning medical documents into the system. I enjoyed my job but unfortunately had to relocate.
Culture varies based on department
Director (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 18, 2015
Pros: Location is great, Benefits are good and there are some smart people working hard to advance the company.
Cons: Salaries are low and not competitive with the market, Project and Portoflio Management areas are highly disfuctional
Company is working hard to be the top insurance provider in all markets it is in. Many departments have strong and capable people focused on advancing the company and it's capabilities. Unfortunately this is not consistent across all departments. The company has an opportunity to drive more accountability among sr. leaders. Today deadlines are missed, projects run over budget, etc and there are no consequences for delivery misses.
Good working environment
Associate Project Manager (Current Employee), Richard, WVMarch 20, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits, good exposure to me moved up to a new postion
Cons: can get occassionally stressful like most corporate jobs
The most enjoyable part of the job is receiving praise from my customers/clients for a job well done. I have very good working relationships will my co-workers, management and outside entities that I work with in my current position.
Enjoyable place of employment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Gunnison, COMarch 5, 2015
A typical day would include the following:
-Greeting walk in customers, family members, and clients
-Bi-weekly payroll and accounts payable
-Managing clients in-house bank deposits
-Preparing and submitting background checks on newly hired employees
Tester
ETL Tester (Current Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 7, 2015
• Designed Test plans, Test strategies and Test Cases/scenarios for Enterprise testing and End to End testing as per the business and functional requirements.
• Tested data warehouse extraction, transformation and load (ETL) process.
• Generated test data using SQL statements. Developed and executed SQL queries in support of Data warehouse data migration and retrieval.
• Created test cases to cover – more... the Change Data Capture (CDC) for incremental data loads for EDW Target for the New Inserts, Updates and deleted rows.
• Validated the Source to Target data and captured counts (accumulated table and aggregated table) for all the incremental builds.
• Worked on Stored Procedures, Views to analyze the code and performed DML operations on the Source and Target to validate the data changes.
• Customized SQL queries to check the source/target data and verified the total record count.
• Testing/Validation of Data Extraction Logic, Data Transformation Logic (including testing of Dimensional Model – Facts, Dimensions, Viewsetc.)
• Data Loading, Tested end to end data flow from source to mart to reports (including calculation logics and business rules), Checked for accuracy, completeness (missing data, invalid data) and inconsistencies.
• Validated the Member, Claim and Pharmacy data related to Healthy Blue, which were extracted from EDW for all active members and delivered to the reporting on monthly basis.
• Validated the data integrity and accuracy, Count, Error handling, email notifications and scheduled jobs of loaded data in the target database system.
• Analyzed and created test data using SQL queries to Insert and Update the data from the source to target databases.
• Executed SQL queries for Comparing record counts, Boundary value analysis, Duplicate values, Unique values of key fields, Number check, Date check and null check after loading target tables.
• Using SQL queries, validated scenario testing and data mapping testing between the source system and target systems.
• Provided traceability matrix. Mapped the requirements to tests, tests for defects. Collected Test Metrics. Managed test case development, execution and bug tracking using Quality Center.
• Updated the Microsoft Project Plan for the identified tasks for all testing activities.
• Provided weekly status reports, escalated quality concerns during team/1-1 meetings with the project manager. – less
great working envirment
Assistant (Former Employee), Westchester, CADecember 23, 2014
the people i took care of are very nice.i would be able to help them and they would give me advice
I really enjoyed working there. The only reason we moved because we were tired of the cold winters.
Cat Scan/Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 7, 2014
Pros: free parking
Cons: very time concious.
A nice place to work. Every day I learned a little snippet that I added up to make one complete task .The hardest part of the job was lifting heavy patients. In any workplace there is the same cast of characters only with different names. You learn to be flexible.
Secure a challenging and rewarding position
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCOctober 1, 2014
Pros: enjoyed the patients
Cons: did not receive assistance
Schedule interviews, processed payroll, process bonus and per-diems
Loved My Job
House Keeping (Former Employee), Story City, IASeptember 19, 2014
I enjoyed spending time with the patients and residents. I became very close with patients and the residents.
team work
medical Administrative (Former Employee), TNAugust 15, 2014
Very nice comapany. pay was ok, they dont fire you, you fire yourself. able to transfer after a year of service
responsibilities and like an dislike
food service director (Former Employee), GAMay 25, 2014
a typical day was when everyone shows up for work an there jobs was performed always picked up on a daily basis about employees habit an how they did there job .

always tried to keep good moral and team work . the hardest part was when employees sdid not show up for work on short notice had to reconstruct the day to ensure know one was shorted of what they were to have ..

the best part of my job was at the end of the day i knew i had provided the right nutrition for all an made them happy with meals and snacks
Exciting and rewarding opportunity
Claims Examiner (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TXMay 14, 2014
Pros: education
I learned so much from working with the medical residents and physicians. The most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity to work with highly intellegent and succes driven health care professionals.
Great Management
Driver/Operator (Current Employee), San Diego, CAApril 20, 2014
Pros: freedom
My favorite job of all time. I just pick up inmate that have served their time and take them to SMF.
Paid well
PRINT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 10, 2014
Pros: working with public
Was rewarding working with the public on their web site. Staff was knowledgeable regarding their duties.
A lot of potential for learning new things
Business Analyst III (Current Employee), Abilene, TXMarch 5, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: no work life balance
Conference calls between upper management, customers, and application developers.

Always learning new systems and how to fix old ones

Hardest part of the job has been training myself in a completely new role.

Most enjoyable part is helping people.