Health Central Employee Reviews

Fast Paced
NURSE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Ocoee, FLJune 14, 2017
My typical day at health central was very busy and learning new things. It was never a dull moment, there was always something new to encounter. It was lovely meeting different people from different walks of life.
Pros
healthcare
Team volunteer
Team volunteer (Current Employee) –  Ocoee, FLJune 4, 2017
I have had the pleasure to help out as a volunteer for Health Central in the OB and Labor department. I just help the nurses and fix rooms. I learned that when you work hard, you get the recognition you deserve.
Pros
n/a
Cons
the mood is quite dry.
Learned more than I expected
Medical Scribe (Current Employee) –  Ocoee, FLMarch 12, 2017
The Emergency doctors at Health Central were so inviting and willing to educate any of the scribes. They taught me how to diagnose and assess patients with specific complaints. A typical day usually involves being assigned to a doctor for every shift, that is 8-10 hours in duration. For every shift, I would record every patient encounter in our charting system, recording the HPI, ROS, and physical examination that was performed by the physician. I had the responsibilities to look up the patient's facesheet for any past social history or primary care physician, and even have to follow up with any scans or lab work orders that the doctors may have ordered for each patient. I truly love the environment, with its fast pace and understanding doctors. The hardest part of the job was probably working at the fast track area, where we would see an average of 30 patients within 8 hours and having to ensure that every chart was signed before the patients were discharged. The most enjoyable part of this job was definitely having something to learn every single shift and it is different than sitting down in a classroom and listening to lectures.
Pros
Raw exposure to the healthcare field
Cons
N/a
Very fun and exciting family to be a part of.
Hospital Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Fourh Floor, MSUJuly 12, 2016
It was very easy to talk to others around the floor i worked on. I loved the atmosphere and wouldn't mind working there again.
Patient First
Senior Front Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ocoee, FLJune 20, 2016
I love working for Orlando Health it has a Patient first and team work makes the dream work atmosphere. I would recommend this company to many.
Volunteer
High School Clinical/Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Ocoee, FLMay 14, 2016
really enjoyed this place. there are a lot of interesting people in this department. i wish to work an environment like this again. very goal oriented office
A Great Bunch of People to Work With
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee) –  Ocoee, FLFebruary 11, 2014
It was a real joy working with my fellow employees there. The hospital offered a nice environment to work in. The best part I enjoyed was working with the patients.
co workers are nice
cna (Former Employee) –  winter gardenDecember 1, 2013
Work for them for eleven years and they fired me job security sucks they don't really. Care about their employees .
Pros
pay rate
Cons
nasty management
The job itself was good I enjoyed working at the Hospital.The problem was more in the coworker and bosses there was alot favoritism.
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ocoee, FLNovember 21, 2013
I would come in at 3 pm in the afternoon, that shift was the busiest you would have to go to each patient that was in the ER and make sure they were registered. We had to get all patient information including insurance and then verify to make sure it was active. the

I enjoyed working at Hospital I got to see and experience a lot of different situation's. What made the job difficult was the coworkers and the management. There were certain people that favored and made it difficult for others.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the patients. Young or old most were very sweet I enjoyed listening to them telling me about themselves or stories.
Pros
hospital enviroment
Cons
Short breaks, favoristim
Coworkers
Catering to you (Former Employee) –  Ocoee, FLJuly 25, 2013
THe management was great and were very understanding. But the coworkers were very different. It was like reliving high school all over again. It was all girls and so they were very catty, constantly gossiping and picking on other people they dont like. Some used vulgar language alot. Tehy mistreated those who they didnt like for whatever reason.
Pros
paid lunches
Cons
rude coworkers
Explore other options before accepting a position
Rn (Current Employee) –  OcoeeApril 23, 2013
Nobody cares about the patient anymore. All about numbers. Patients discharged to soon. Patients pushed out because of hold times in the ER Management doesn't listen to their employees.
Pros
convenience
Cons
not enough space to write how i really feel. pay is lowest in the area and benefits are horrible, good managers being let go, morale is low
Very diverse.
Call Center Operator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 16, 2013
People are friendly, I learned alot of new things with equipments and softwares. Management was okay, just lack of communication from their part. I enjoyed my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was seeing the sadness coming into the hospital. I enjoyed helping people.
Excellent Leaders, great teamwork amongst staff
Director Cardiopulmonary (Former Employee) –  Ocoee, FLJune 21, 2012
I had the pleaseure of working there the past 8 years and was thrilled to see how well all the depts and leadership worked together to reach the big picture. The merger with OH was a necessary evil, but with the great leadership and team they have at Health Central They will survive this too.
Pros
great team, leadership, cafe and starbucks, caring staff providing quality patient care
Cons
purchased by oh
Community Hospital affiliated with Orlando Health
Supervisor of Pastoral Care (Current Employee) –  Ocoee, FLJune 6, 2012
Among the top rated employers in Central Florida. Nice community to live and work in. Great people to work with. Great facilities and equipment. We are people caring about people... who care for people!
Pros
easy access
Cons
none i've found