HEALTH CONNECT AMERICA Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
not good
Family Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Savannah, TNAugust 7, 2017
no communication and it seems that everyone is enemies than on the same team. Sad work experience. Not sure that I would suggest this career path to anyone.
Pros
Flexible hours sometimes
Cons
late evenings in work, stressful
Loved the work but...
Family Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pulaski, TNJuly 29, 2017
I felt like I was actually making a difference but there are a lot of things that do not sit well in the grand scheme. Pay attention to the details. It is all in the details.
Pros
good pay
Cons
long hours and disappointment
Not a good company
Family Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 24, 2017
They will lie to get you in the door. They say you will be in one county and then assign you to two or three that are at least 40 if not more miles from each other. They told me I would be paid differently and I left a full time reliable job to come work for them.
Pros
Work from home some
Cons
Everything else
Great place to begin my career as a psychotherapist with a relaxed informal culture
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 11, 2017
My typical work day as a clinical supervisor was very different than that of a staff therapist. As a supervisor, I spent much more time with other clinicians working on difficult cases, which I enjoyed greatly while balancing my own caseload, which I also enjoyed.
Home health counseling
Family Developmental Therapist (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 11, 2017
I worked here for over a year. The work was amazing and meeting new people and helping them get their issues resolved was empowering and made the day feel successful. However, I needed more full time work.
Pros
traveling around the city
Cons
no travel reimbursement
Management is terrible
DCP (Former Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNFebruary 12, 2017
Meeting with the clients and their families was great. The manager only cared about meeting her quota. She never thought about the families and what might be going on in the household. Didn't even give me a flower when I had death in my family. She only cared about when was I coming back to work so she could
meet her quota
Awesome environment
ABA Therapist/Intensive In-Home counselor (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VADecember 13, 2016
I love Health Connect America
The supervisors are helpful, and the clients are amazing.
A typical day at work is exciting and the family of the clients are very interactive with their kids treatment.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
clients spread out
n/a
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Savannah, TNDecember 5, 2016
Set your own hours, but not always a typical work day. Meeting with clients is not always an 8-5p job. Lots of traveling. There is alot of self-motivation and self-sufficiency.
Low pay and little training
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  TNOctober 27, 2016
as office employee I had to purchase my own laptop the office computer crashed and was told to bring my own laptop.
There is little to no training,
Your earn PTO time, can never use it because there is no one else to cover while your off. Management is hardly ever in the office to help.
Lunch breaks had to be taken off site if you stayed at the office you was excepted to answer the phones during lunch break.
Cons
low pay
I would give zero stars if I could
QMHP (Former Employee) –  VirginiaOctober 20, 2016
Health Connect America is one of the worst companies I have ever worked for. They say that the client comes first but in all actuality the client is the last thing on their mind. It is a for-profit company and thats all they care about; revenue, census, and budget. I was asked everyday by my regional director how many billable hours I had that day to make sure they were making money. Corporate does not care about the employees at all, they just sees dollar signs. I was in a meeting a few weeks ago where the development coordinator for Virginia and another state told us they bill insurance at $60 an hour. I am barely seeing 1/4 of that pay. If it was a great company to work for I wouldn't care about that too much but like I said its one of the worst!
Cons

Want to know more about HEALTH CONNECT AMERICA?

Ask a question
Wonderful working relationship with Staff
Intensive In-Home Counselor (Current Employee) –  Bristol, VAApril 18, 2016
During the short time I have been with HCA, I have enjoyed the working relationship with the Supervisors and the other staff. It is definitely a team based organization and the Supervisors definitely listen to the therapists needs and concerns.
I love my job
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  TennesseeApril 18, 2016
I actually love my job with Health Connect. I could go home and work all night, there is so much to do. However I don't and we get it done.
Cons
Not enough money
Great Environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNDecember 20, 2015
This is a productive company that works with families and individuals. The environment is relaxed as long as each employee is fulfilling their roles. It is a busy job but there is also some down time. They management is wonderful and so are the fellow employees. Great company!
No review
Regional Director (Current Employee) –  AlabamaNovember 23, 2015
It is a Good company in other states but is having difficulty getting traction in Alabama. Needs more resources for success.
Okay
case manager (Current Employee) –  TennesseeNovember 5, 2015
Company does great work, but growing too quickly. Hard to keep up with amount of referrals b/c of employee turnover. May have to work weekends if have large caseload. No rotation of on call b/c on call for own caseload at all times. Hard to take time off. Great way to get experience though. Maybe good for someone just out of school.
In home counseling is different.
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Winchester, TNOctober 17, 2015
The hardest part of the job was not being able to redirect behaviors of family members and align all family members on the same page.
Medical Billing (Current Employee) –  Franklin TNSeptember 4, 2015
I absolutely love this job.
I have worked hard to get where I am through school.
The hostility of the employees during circumstances is great.
job interactions
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJuly 19, 2015
The opportunity to work with client and community resources I have has helped me become better in this field. The job is one you have to be flexible with the hours that you can work with some days ending after 7pm depending on the area some clients are located.
Understaffed
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Athens, TNApril 12, 2015
Health Connect America is a quickly growing company with many good workers and a want to serve the public. I am grateful for the internship served there and for the 2 years of post graduate school; professional employment with this company and believe that I learned allot that will help me better serve a multiple and diverse clientele.
Personally, I want my work done well and am my own worse critique. To provide Health Connect with the appropriate representation, to be able to help my clients to the fullest of my capability and to be compliant to ever changing policy and demands of the work; I was investing an average of 15-17 hours daily and the position consumed my weekends fully as well. There would not be any way for me to see all 35-45 direct contact hours of clients, do the paper work, and travel to the homes and collaterals, providing a high 95-100 % of therapy for clients under my charge. In addition, I was the facilitator of the IOP groups and individuals.
I am a team player and worked these hours with the understanding that HCA would increase staff; however as they tried to meet their staffing needs; other staff quit due to burn out and personal issues thus leading to further and extended staff shortage. After two years of carrying an extreme case load, working 7-9 counties; I found myself experiencing high stress and burn out; and when this was not helped with a lower case load; I then resigned for family and my health. I love therapy. I am searching a more reasonable case load with a great company. I wish HCA well as they grow and am glad to have been a major
  more... part of their growth in Athens, TN  less
Pros
Services: CCFT, Cm, Op, IOP is coming
Cons
Shortage of staff, Training is lacking
first position in the field
Family Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNMarch 6, 2015
Health Connect America was a good first time introduction in the field of counseling and case management. It took me awhile to get acclimated to the position, but when I did, I felt as though it was time for me to move on. The company did not reimburse gas, internet, phone or any other expense of which I incurred on the job throughout the duration of the year and a half of which I worked.
Pros
Cut my teeth on good experience in the mental health counseling field
Cons
no compensation for gas, internet, phone, or any other job related expense.