Health Decisions Employee Reviews

Wonderful People to Work With
In-house Clinical Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 23, 2016
HD is a great company work for very flexible work schedule with great people. There are always opportunities to learn new things.
Pros
Flexibility
Just WOW.. :-|
Senior In-House CRA (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 4, 2014
I honestly am not sure how this company is still in business.

I think I'll just say the best part of this company. This company was in a good location for commuting.

The management was beyond bad. And that is all I will say.
Pros
People I met there. location
Cons
Management, etc etc
Horrible
In-House (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 13, 2013
Let me start off by saying the CEO is a sweet person. However, the Clinical Department in the worst that I have ever seen.
Poor management, no adequate training , and no organization. The training department is still developing things so you start off unprepared on adapting to this company. I have witness them firsthand fire an individual after that person gave in their two weeks notice! They even denied giving that employee their PTO payout. Favortism is greatly witnessed and they have people in upper management ( Clinical Department) that should not be there, hence the reason for their hugh turnover rates. Co-workers are not the most professional and the technology is not up to speed with the rest of the CRO world. Initially they are nice to you to bring you in because they need help badly , then as time fade you will start to see why people are leaving. And to top it off, they harrass you indrectly until you want to leave sad to say. This is definitely not somewhere that someone who wants a foundation to start off working. I would not recommend this company to anyone and would suggest only coming here as a last resort.
Pros
Can bring dogs in. Wear whatever, Cinco de Mayo party
Cons
EVERYTHING ELSE.
Sisyphus would feel comfortable here...
Senior Management (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCDecember 14, 2012
While most of the employees collaborate well and work very hard to deliver a solid product, the executive team clearly does not know what they are doing, are constantly doubting their decisions and following the next snake-oil salesman with lemming-like tenacity, off on yet another six-month goose-chase.

I learned that no matter how hard you try, you can't keep people from being their own worst enemy.

The hardest part of my job was repeating the same mistakes every year, and feeling powerless to prevent them.

Besides leaving, the most enjoyable part of my job was feeling proud when we rescued yet another project from certain doom at the hands of the executive team.
Pros
cheap sodas, close friendships, somewhat flexible schedule
Cons
schizophrenic leadership, (recently increased) political climate
Stagnation
Management (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 5, 2012
Unfortunately for the many outstanding people who work hard every day at HD, the management team is the weak link. There has been a clearly dismal record of 20+ years of proof that the owner and his cohorts do not have what it takes to be successful. If they would allow people to do what they do best and realize that there are better ways to conduct business, this company could be great. As it is, HD will continue to have ungodly turnover and remain mired in mediocrity.
Pros
good people
Cons
dirth of leadership
Great people
Intern (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 6, 2012
There was no really typical day at work. I learned things about clinical research and about HR management. My co-workers were all very welcoming, I felt like a part of the team even though I was the intern.

2.7