HEALTH DEPARTMENT Employee Reviews

Calm and productive work place
Administrative Assistant II, HIV/STI (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 15, 2017
Very cultural sound. Work place is very energetic! A lot of time hacks, and a lot of work under pressure. Good people to work with , everybody is a team player.
Benefits
Cons
Pay
Fun place to work.
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAJune 13, 2017
I loved working for the health department. It was such an easy job with great employees. I learned a lot from them for the two summers that I was employed from them. Unfortunately it was only a summer job, thankfully I got to work there two years in a row.
Pros
Hour lunch break
Cons
Na
I had heard a lot of funny stuffs when I was providing HIV Training
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Addis KidamJune 12, 2017
Working in health care settings are very interesting. I had learned so many things from my 5 years of work experiences. I had also got a good experience helping and teaching people/the community and providing and fighting health care for all especially for those who are needy.
I enjoyed working there
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMay 1, 2017
I loved it the whole staff was understanding the hardest part about my job was to work with people that was lazy and always complaining but other than that I loved it
Great company
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 1, 2017
Great company to work for if you have a need for flexibility. The nurses really pay attention to the patients that they are assigned to even though there world load is high
Productive work environment
Office Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 28, 2017
An typical day work for the health department would be responding to and acting on phone calls from just general request of what time does the clinics open to what should I do if I have a disease? My learning experience was hand and very flexible to adapt to because I'm a people person. I worked directly under the supervision of four assistant commissioners throughout my period with the health department. The hardest experiences is outbreaks and the challenges of reports needed like yesterday. As time have passed, you roll with the punches. The most enjoyable were the challenges.
Pros
Benefits of insurance
Cons
supervision acknowlegement
Love working to clean office and see results after im done
Cleaning (Current Employee) –  Altus, OKApril 10, 2017
Love cleaning, my hours, and having fun while cleaning
My day my own pace .I'm my own boss while cleaning and learn to do my job to my best ability..the hardest part of my job is getting to it.. I have learned all the cleaning spots and what needs to be cleaned ..enjoy my job...
Pros
Work at my own time
Cons
Take my own breaks
great and fun work area
Intern ◆ Year 2012 (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, OH 44907April 4, 2017
i enjoyed working the health department. my best part was interviewing pregnant teens. The staff and clients were very nice to work with. Everyone was willing to help if I needed it
Productive work place
Intern (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJanuary 23, 2017
A typical work day would be answering the phones, organizing health documents, checking in patients and running mail up to other departments.
Good experience while still studying. I learned a lot about snapchat filters and how are they made.
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Durant, OKJanuary 20, 2017
I was working on my own time, since I was still full-time student. I learned how to make snapchat filters. Most enjoyable part of this job were people full of understanding and support. I did not know how to do everything at the beginning but I finished this job with more experience and confidence.
Pros
I could work on my own time.
Cons
I was little bit hard to communicate.
Great job/flexible
Sanitarian (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJanuary 15, 2017
Great place to start a career in science. You will learn about water based science and chemistry and be challenged daily. Monday -Friday job with occasional weekend duty.
Pros
flexible
Cons
small business
no comment
McHenry County Department of Health (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ILSeptember 7, 2016
Do not work here unless you want to be/have:

Underappreciated
underpaid
understaffed
disrespectful and ignorant co-workers
Productive and fun and exciting to work with others.
Senior Clek (Former Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLAugust 7, 2016
Interviewing clients, helping clients by issuing WIC checks, the work was with women, infants and children of all nationalities so we learned a lot about many cultures. we worked as a team within the company.
Pros
Helping customers
Cons
No cons, just did my job on a professional level.
review
K-CHIP (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 26, 2016
I loved this job so much. I got to work from home. Nothing to say bad about the job. I had the best Boss ever. All the co-wokers loved working there. Everyone works as a team. I loved the hours cause I got to set my own hours as long as I got 40 hours a week.
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 19, 2016
Great place to work, nice and friendly people. The work is consistent on a daily basis and I love that. Also, it can be quite challenging. Keeps us on our toes.
Fun WorkPlacw
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Charlotte ncMay 17, 2016
Every job is learning experience and working at the health department wasn't anything less and I love it each and ever day being able to give help where it is needed.
I took the time to take everything in that I could to give me as much as experience as possible
Assistant Line Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCApril 25, 2016
I learned a lot from the few jobs that I have had and what it truly means to understand customers and they just want and need to be understood as would we or the next person. I am a hard worker and fast learner. I have a lot of goals and I am going to complete every one of them no matter how hard or what may come my way. I am a very determined person for sure.
Pros
great team to work with
Cons
lunch breaks short
Help me build organize skills
Examination Assistant (Former Employee) –  HengshuiApril 12, 2016
This was a great experience ever for me in my life, and it gave me a great training in organizing a event. By participating the work, I did a good job in organizing small-group exam. It was a good practice.
professional workplace and good job experience for an internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  macomb, ILOctober 20, 2015
Learned a lot about emergency management from working in the health department, the people I worked with are very good at what they do
Always something new.
Gratiot County Buildings and Grounds Supervisor (Former Employee) –  ithaca, miJuly 9, 2015
A busy job maintaining all county buildings. Repair water leaks, remodel offices, cut in doorways. I was the supervisor and coworkers where great. Hardest part of the job was keeping everyone
concerned happy.