HEALTH DIALOG Employee Reviews

Loved this job!
RN Health Coach (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 2, 2017
This had to be one of my favorite places to work and my most enjoyable jobs within my career as a nurse. I had so much satisfaction in making a difference with my patients on the phone, a lot of professional autonomy and use of my critical thinking. The workplace culture was incredibly strong and supportive.
Great place to work; however, they had to download the number of employees. More than 50 of us left.
Health Coach (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 21, 2017
Friendly employees, good management, easy to ask questions. good hours, great benefits, knowledgable staff, great supervisors. I was able to obtain my RN license in states other than the compact state of Texas.
Pros
See review above
Cons
Had to decrease employ3
Great people and managment
Software Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Bedford, NHJune 2, 2017
Health dialog has a great management team and an incredibly diverse and friendly team culture. Great place to work. However, I have had concerns with career advancement it's either not fast enough or non existent.
Productive workplace
Care Coach (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 17, 2017
It was a great experience with great managers that allowed the employees to shine and to grow. A very fulfilling job that allowed us to work with great people.
Health Coach (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA 02110August 5, 2016
H.D was the best place to work before Rite Aid baught them out. Now things have changes, before they offered benefits on start date, rather then wait 90 day probation period, H.D didn't believe in Probationary periods, they believed in hiring the best.
Pros
Corporate Amercia
Cons
Rite Aid bought H.D
Negative experience under Rite Aid Ownership
Care Coach (Current Employee) –  Rite AidApril 1, 2016
Seemed like a great job through the interview process. The job is an office position in a Rite Aid store. Because of the new Rite Aid ownership there are numerous people to report to and an ever changing job description. Very isolating. I see people in my same position less than 4x yearly. Challenging demographic with minimal appointments. A lot of downtime where you are not able to utilize your skills.
Pros
Minimal day to day supervision
Cons
Isolating, poor management
I loved Health Dialog
Coach Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 31, 2016
I enjoyed going to work everyday.The nurses I worked with we the best. They were pleasant all the time and made work a breeze. I loved my manager she always had us something to eat or some type of luncheon. The fact that Grady's BBQ came on Wednesday's was a bonus. I'm not still there because it was a temporary job.
Pros
my co workers
Cons
Great people but Company vision is not clear
IT (Current Employee) –  Bedford, NHDecember 8, 2015
Smart and friendly people but mgmt. has not set goals, objectives or the vision for the company. Work is done in more of a reactive way and the environment is a bit unstable. Work/Life balance is wonderful. WFH is allowed.
Pros
People, Work/Life Balance
Cons
Lack of company vision, multiple layoffs within past 3 years
Friendly workers to help if needed
Bilingual Care Coach (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYSeptember 30, 2015
Focus was on the patients and how well we could provide care to them. A lot of documentation which is expected in healthcare.
Pros
Management was great
Cons
office would get really busy
RN health coach
Health RN Coach (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 3, 2015
International corporation for US insurance companies, provided 24/7 nurse advise lines. Flexible hours, days, and excellent co-workers!
Corporate had frequent buyouts, ongoing policy changes, and new top managers, with very frequent employee layoffs. Employees did not have any decision-making choices.
Pros
Great interactions/work with teams, and training departments
Not what it seems
Care Coach (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 2, 2015
During 4 interviews it was never mentioned that you would be walking around the Rite Aid store, helping customers look for items. Most of the time was spent walking the floor and interacting with customers (like as if you were an associate). Limited appointments scheduled and Care Coach had to contact patients directly in order to schedule appts. Some patients were tired of the constant calls in order to get them in for an appt. Appointments were great but very few. Not a place for those with healthcare experience.
Pros
On your own
Cons
walking the floor assisting customers
health dialog was exciting
coach support specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 14, 2015
Health dialog is a good company to work for helping members with there health benefits . health dialog would treat people with respect and friendly environment
Pros
free lunch
continual growth and fantastic support
RN Health Coach (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 23, 2014
The team spirit at Health Dialog is beyond anything I have experienced in 35 yrs as an RN, the job entails Disease Management, Triage, Case Management skills, and Shared Decision Making. I work from home office, yet have unlimited support from management.
Pros
ample time off available
Cons
pay scale a bit stagnant
Hd
QA Supervisor - Business Intelligence (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NHApril 8, 2014
Health Dialog was a good place to work when it came to co-workers and life balance.
Health Dialog was a nice place to work
Community Leader (manager) (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 26, 2014
I was a manager at Health Dialog for 7 years. I enjoyed this work environment. I left only because there had been two reduction in the workforce and was concerned about my future. It was a nice work place for nurses who did not want to work in clinical arena any longer.
Pros
Monday thru Friday job
Cons
RIF's.
An interesting new concept in healthcare
LVN/Health Coach (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 11, 2013
My job consisted of providing health information and materials to the members of the different insurance companies that we represented. The concept was to provide members with the information they needed to live a healthier and more productive lifestyle, which in return would reduce hospitalizations and health issues that would reduce insurance cost. I would either contact a new member, a recently hospitalized member, or receive incoming calls from members, and then coach them on any current health concerns or answer any questions they might have using the specific websites and materials that Health Dialog provided. I would also mail written materials and videos to the members to further their education.
Pros
i felt like i was providing a good and necessary service, it was a good work environment, and the pay and compensations were good
Cons
financial concerns that led to laying off employees. there were rumors of more layoffs, and health dialog eventually went out of business.
Difficult place
Health Coach (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEMarch 8, 2013
I took this job looking forward to educating people. Spent 8 of the 10 hours calling people trying to get then to engage the service and only 2 hours taking incoming calls w/ health questions. Was expected to sit at desk for all this time and when calls did come in, had to follow a set script. Management had it's own issues and the people I worked for (2 team leaders) each took ideas that I had and presented them as their own. Pay was way below what I had been earning and the raises were 1-3%.
The Titanic
Health Coach (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 25, 2013
Health Dialog is a sinking ship. Ever since being bought out by a European conglomerate, they have managers that don't know what they're doing and went against the founder's good ideas. They are totally knee-jerk-reactionary and short-term-minded in their plans for the future, instead of being proactive or innovative. 3 layoffs in 3 years, with a small hiring spurt after the first layoff shows they are clearly either insane or stupid or both. Their decisions have not made from a bigger picture perspective. If you see this company, RUN away!
Pros
none after being bought out in 2008 - previously had lots of pros
Cons
downgraded health insurance, high stress, inappropriate review process/people, management clearly morons
Good co-workers; company motivated to improve healthcare.
Report Production Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bedford, NHDecember 21, 2012
Health Dialog provided coaching for client's healthcare members. My department reported on the results of this coaching to qualify value to client. I was responsible for 15 clients; reports were produced and QC'd daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly. Also interfaced with Analytics and Developers to ensure code was producing accurate results. Reports were distributed via email or uploaded to FTP site or directly posted to client's website. Met on a weekly basis with other departments (i.e., Quality Assurance, Reporting Systems, etc.). Kept SOPs (Standard of Procedures) up to date. Gained much knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Access, Excel, etc.). Managers were very supportive. Co-workers were intelligent, hard-working and team players. Hardest part of job was poor communication between some departments which led to misunderstandings. The job was challenging and interesting.
Pros
good benefit package and salary. company cares about employees.
Cons
poor communication between departments, company has had to lay off 70% of workforce in last few years.
review done
LVN Health Coach (Former Employee) –  San Antonio texasOctober 30, 2012
Health Dialog is a very good company to work for -lost contracts and had to downsize.The work day was exciting, talking with Mrmbers about their health, giving evidence baced infomation and being able to follow up and keep working with them to improve their health. I learned the importance of listening and repeating infomration so we were on the same page. Taking these steps helped to form a good relationship with our clients and gave them a sense that their concerns were important and needed to be addressed,The work force was always ready to help and we happy to research for each other, we would share information. The hardest part about this job was having to leave it.We were treated with respect and understanding.
Pros
free coffee, pop corn once a wk and meals on the company
Cons
company had to down size