HEALTH DIALOG

HEALTH DIALOG Employer Reviews

health dialog was exciting
coach support specialist (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Health dialog is a good company to work for helping members with there health benefits . health dialog would treat people with respect and friendly environment
continual growth and fantastic support
RN Health Coach (Current Employee), Denver, COSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: ample time off available
Cons: pay scale a bit stagnant
The team spirit at Health Dialog is beyond anything I have experienced in 35 yrs as an RN, the job entails Disease Management, Triage, Case Management skills, and Shared Decision Making. I work from home office, yet have unlimited support from management.
HD
QA Supervisor - Business Intelligence (Former Employee), Bedford, NHApril 8, 2014
Health Dialog was a good place to work when it came to co-workers and life balance.
Health Dialog was a nice place to work
Community Leader (manager) (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: monday thru friday job
Cons: rif's.
I was a manager at Health Dialog for 7 years. I enjoyed this work environment. I left only because there had been two reduction in the workforce and was concerned about my future. It was a nice work place for nurses who did not want to work in clinical arena any longer.
An interesting new concept in healthcare
LVN/Health Coach (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 11, 2013
Pros: i felt like i was providing a good and necessary service, it was a good work environment, and the pay and compensations were good
Cons: financial concerns that led to laying off employees. there were rumors of more layoffs, and health dialog eventually went out of business.
My job consisted of providing health information and materials to the members of the different insurance companies that we represented. The concept was to provide members with the information they needed to live a healthier and more productive lifestyle, which in return would reduce hospitalizations and health issues that would reduce insurance cost. I would either contact a new member, a recently hospitalized member, or receive incoming calls from members, and then coach them on any current health concerns or answer any questions they might have using the specific websites and materials that Health Dialog provided. I would also mail written materials and videos to the members to further their education.
Difficult place
Health Coach (Former Employee), Portland, MEMarch 8, 2013
I took this job looking forward to educating people. Spent 8 of the 10 hours calling people trying to get then to engage the service and only 2 hours taking incoming calls w/ health questions. Was expected to sit at desk for all this time and when calls did come in, had to follow a set script. Management had it's own issues and the people I worked for (2 team leaders) each took ideas that I had and presented them as their own. Pay was way below what I had been earning and the raises were 1-3%.
The Titanic
Health Coach (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: none after being bought out in 2008 - previously had lots of pros
Cons: downgraded health insurance, high stress, inappropriate review process/people, management clearly morons
Health Dialog is a sinking ship. Ever since being bought out by a European conglomerate, they have managers that don't know what they're doing and went against the founder's good ideas. They are totally knee-jerk-reactionary and short-term-minded in their plans for the future, instead of being proactive or innovative. 3 layoffs in 3 years, with a small hiring spurt after the first layoff shows they are clearly either insane or stupid or both. Their decisions have not made from a bigger picture perspective. If you see this company, RUN away!
Good co-workers; company motivated to improve healthcare.
Report Production Specialist (Current Employee), Bedford, NHDecember 21, 2012
Pros: good benefit package and salary. company cares about employees.
Cons: poor communication between departments, company has had to lay off 70% of workforce in last few years.
Health Dialog provided coaching for client's healthcare members. My department reported on the results of this coaching to qualify value to client. I was responsible for 15 clients; reports were produced and QC'd daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly. Also interfaced with Analytics and Developers to ensure code was producing accurate results. Reports were distributed via email or uploaded to FTP site or directly posted to client's website. Met on a weekly basis with other departments (i.e., Quality Assurance, Reporting Systems, etc.). Kept SOPs (Standard of Procedures) up to date. Gained much knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Access, Excel, etc.). Managers were very supportive. Co-workers were intelligent, hard-working and team players. Hardest part of job was poor communication between some departments which led to misunderstandings. The job was challenging and interesting.
review done
LVN Health Coach (Former Employee), San Antonio texasOctober 30, 2012
Pros: free coffee, pop corn once a wk and meals on the company
Cons: company had to down size
Health Dialog is a very good company to work for -lost contracts and had to downsize.The work day was exciting, talking with Mrmbers about their health, giving evidence baced infomation and being able to follow up and keep working with them to improve their health. I learned the importance of listening and repeating infomration so we were on the same page. Taking these steps helped to form a good relationship with our clients and gave them a sense that their concerns were important and needed to be addressed,The work force was always ready to help and we happy to research for each other, we would share information. The hardest part about this job was having to leave it.We were treated with respect and understanding.
Outstanding company to work for.
QA ANALYST, IT Department (Current Employee), Bedford, NHOctober 9, 2012
Great Company to work for. Company suffering revenue loss at this time. No opportunities for advancement available.
Great, until the big boys took over...
RN Health Coach (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 28, 2012
Pros: good severence package when we were downsized
Cons: some unrealistic expectations of the employees
When Health Dialog was its own entity it was an enjoyable company to work for, and then BUPA took it over... They are not an enjoyable company to work for. I don't know how long the company will last as they are now.
Poor management
Registered Nurse Health Coach (Former Employee), Bedford, NHAugust 20, 2012
Pros: working with clients fulfilling
Cons: poor management adversely affected overall job satisfaction
The work itself was very fulfilling. Management poor, ill suited for the job. Favoritism was rampant, micromanagement the rule. Benefits decent.
Great benefits package!
RN Health Coach Nurse (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 21, 2012
Pros: benefits, facilities
Cons: no room fror advancement
One of the best jobs I have ever had. If you're not looking to advance, this is a great place to work! I encourage any RN who is willing to always be in the same position to work here. HD has nice facilities and super benefits; they support continuing education; they're wonderful about footing the bill for all the nursing licenses you'll ever need. They pay overtime when necessary, and holiday pay is very good. Again, if you're not looking to advance or move up, this is a great place to work!
Best company to work for! Truly one of the few that provided a stimulationg work environment, respected the staff, lived the core values, visionary
Lead Team (Former Employee), Manchester, NHJuly 2, 2012
Pros: positive, controlled changing envoronment, salaqry, benefits, leadership
Cons: at this point in time telecomuting/work at home was no longer an option
Fast paced, but controlled well by management, staff was very well informed and prepared for changes. Management was very supportive. I had the opportunity to have several different positions within the company and learned how to perform in a large team environment. My co-workers were supportive and very focused on meeting team goals. Some of the most enjoyable parts of my job were; coaching associates for job performance improvement and watching their growth in a positive direction, additionally when staffing needs were an issue I really enjoyed assisting the team by getting on the phones and assisting members with healthcare issues. Most difficult part of this job was dealing with associates inability to change within a changing environment.
Every Friday everyone would bring in a dish for potluck.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Robinson, PAJune 29, 2012
Pros: helping clients
Cons: somewhat cold enviroment and being layedoff.
The office had a very sterile feel to it. Co-workers were pretty nice to work with. Managers and supervisors were alright to work with, office had a lot secrecy and mystery as far as what was really going on,even up to the end when they closed our office.Most days consisted of handling about 150 inbound calls from clients. Helping clients to maintain a healthy lifestyle by reminding them to make sure their taking their medication and also setting appointments with the PCPs, dentist,pediatricians and eye doctors. Also transferring them to speak with a trained nurse to dicuss specific ailments and medications they may have questions about. Most clients were under Medicare and Medicaid. The best part of my job was assisting them with making appointments and getting them transportation to and from the doctors and hearing their appreciation.
RUN in the opposite direction!!!
Health Coach (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJune 26, 2012
Pros: decent pay, good retirement plan
Cons: extremely unstable.
The company is going down - seriously. Loss of clients left and right. Don't say you weren't warned if you decide to climb aboard a sinking ship.
Productive and fun workplace
Telephonic RN Health Coach (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZJune 25, 2012
Pros: nice events for staff. good shift differential
Cons: too stringent and some unrealistic, job performance expectations
Nice place to work. Great co-workers, and friendly management. Nice events for workers, ex: lunches, health fairs.. job security is not good. And several layoffs in short time period. Performance expectations set too high and very unreasonable for type of job we are doing.
laid off
Health Coach (Former Employee), Richardson, TXJune 11, 2012
I liked working for this comp. but it closed down. taught pt. about chornic conditions.
Great environment with friendly and professional team.
Software QA Engineer Contractor (Former Employee), Bedford NHMay 16, 2012
Great environment with friendly and professional team. I enjoyed the work and the project. The Management Team was great to work for as well.
High pressure to produce number of contacts with little focus on success of interactions
RH Health Coach (Former Employee), Portland, MEMay 6, 2012
Pros: nice work environment
Cons: sitting all day
Most enjoyable part of the job was patient interactions, health support and teaching. The hardest part of the job was not being permitted the time to interact with patients as would have been most supportive. Co-workers were great. Lower management was great. Upper management was driven be market competition. I learned many skills, computer use and computer resources, most effective patient interactions, enormous amount of health and wellness information. A typical day consisted of inbound calls for requests for information or emergency support and outbound calls to engage patients in health support or to pass on certain information.

About HEALTH DIALOG

Health Dialog Services wants to open the lines of communication between consumers and providers in the US and the UK. The company – Read more

HEALTH DIALOG Salaries