Health Net, Inc Employee Reviews

Easy transition
Membership Representative (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAAugust 11, 2015
Very nice offices, however parking for temp employees isn't fun. Be ready to walk or pay 100.00 a month until you become permanent then it 30.00 a month
Fast pace
Business Analyst, Sr (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJuly 4, 2015
Typical day at work is fast pace, stressful. I have learned how to get things done within the organization, in order to get things done one has to have the primary contacts. Not management but the people who do the actual work. Co-workers are not very helpful most of the times but they try to the best of their ability. The difficult part of my job is to be patient with Management as not everyone is knowledgeable in the areas they oversee. I enjoy learning so everyday I learn something new makes my day.
Pros
Benefits in general are awesome
Cons
n/a
Overall a good company to work for with good compensation
CA Broker Manager, Sales & Ops (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJune 3, 2015
There is not a typical day in this role, everyday is different, from conference call, to field time to handling service issues. I learned a lot in this position from the product, to the competition. The hardest part of the job was time management the best part was my team and clients we served.
Company definately lives up to Helping People Live Comfortably
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAMay 27, 2015
Health Net is a great company they have helped me in so many ways and I can never ever repay what they have done for me the only way I know how to show my loyalty as an employee is to tell other members my story and I do that by helping members to live happy and comfortably as well as understand their benefits.
Pros
alot of extra things for employees, Customer service week is a great example
Cons
Because of the changes in Health Care the company is changing hands to a new company July 2015
Great Place To Work
Sr. Business Systems Analyst/Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAMay 18, 2015
I have worked at Health Net for a very long time. I love the people that I work with and my job. There are many opportunities to learn and grow with in the company.
Pros
Great learning opportunites
Various systems
Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAMarch 26, 2015
Monitor various system platforms. Learned a lot of technical systems and troubleshooting various software. Engineers and programmers were always willing to train us on managing their systems properly so they wouldn't have to come into the building. Hardest part was being paged to complete a system crashing. Great working environment and co-workers.
Pros
Inovative learning
Cons
Being outsourced
productive responsable fun
Customer Contact Center Representative (Former Employee) –  woodland hillsJanuary 28, 2015
fast learner always on time ,
Bilingual (Spanish) Proficient in Windows and Macintosh
Dexterous in Microsoft applications and IBM Lotus Notes
Production is Key
Group Database Representative (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJanuary 7, 2015
Health Net is a great place to work. They require alot of production so the volume of work is high. Very competitive so you are require to do your best.
Interesting job at start of Health Insurance Exchange
Health Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNDecember 2, 2014
I enjoyed working in this position, as it involved enrolling individuals and families in the state-run health insurance exchanges which began in October 2013. I am fortunate in that I not only was able to use previously acquired skills in health care information, but that I was able to learn new skills as well.
Pros
opportunities to work and learn.
Cons
pay.
Modern health insurance company.
Sr. OE Consultant (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CANovember 9, 2014
Leader in Affordable Care Act support. Executives are approachable and well versed in health insurance industry trends.
Pros
casual day to day work atmosphere.
Cons
little growth opportunity
Productive and friendly workgroup
Health Economist (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CANovember 8, 2014
My typical day at work varies from day to day includes monitoring SQL Server, writing store procedures/functions/triggers, programs/models enhancements, data extraction and ad-hoc reporting as well as providing technical support to the group. Eager to develop analytic skill and learning about leadership skills from the management.
Pros
friendly staffs, good atmostphere
Cons
system, technology
Good Place
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAOctober 22, 2014
Good Place to work, pay for gym membership. Culturally diversed.
Pros
free membership to health activities
Cons
my commute
LOVE THE INVIORNMENT AND THE PEOPLE
Collections Rep (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAOctober 21, 2014
I COME IN AND LOG INTO A PHONE QUE. THEN CHECK MY EMAILS FROM TO DIFFERENT MAILBOXES. THEN PROCESS MANUAL ADJUSTMENT FOR SMALL BUSINESS ACCOUNT, SEND OUT NSF LETTERS, SORT THRU MAIL.

WHAT I'VE LEARN IS HOW TO MANAGE MYSELF. MEET DEADLINES. HOW TO INTERACT WITH PEOPLE.
I LOVE MY CO-WORKERS.

THE HARDEST PART OF MY JOB IS TO TRY TO EXPLAIN HOW THE CHANGES WORK TO OUR EXISTING CLIENTS

THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF MY JOB IS THAT I GET TO WORK WITH PEOPLE I LOVE.
Pros
n/a
Cons
mean irate customers
Healthnet
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rancho, MSOctober 6, 2014
Healthnet was a great place to work at. The people I work with were great like a family, I have been gone for three years but we all get together and have Dinner and I am in contact with a few of them always. Great atmosphere and people to work with.
after school program that is a summer job for kids
Claims Examiner II (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 30, 2014
Worked here right after high school. Watched so great kids only problem was their parents
Project Manager
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodland HIlls CASeptember 24, 2014
Dedicated and hardworking professionals giving their best for their customers
Diverse work opportunity
Sr. Service Level Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CASeptember 20, 2014
Work daily with data that feeds metrics for Service level attainment. Monitor service quality, that is the realized delivery of promised IT services. Work with vendor daily to correct non-conformity, review and create reports for preliminary metric monitoring.

Monthly SLA program, the validation and reporting of achieved service delivery. Reported, presented to vendor and HN for agreement/reconciliation, then produce final monthly agreement on attainment of all service levels. Monthly approved service levels feed the invoicing process (pay for service delivery).

Draft new service requirements for new services, develop new targets, baseline metrics, client and vendor presentation and negotiation for final SLA.
Pros
diversity with vendors and on site staff, multiple slas to work with
Cons
upward growth
Clerical Lead (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAAugust 22, 2014
My coworkers are what made this job so wonderful in addition to the people I reported too.

Typical day at was supporting a Vice President, Director and manager managing their emails, calendars and their days. Getting lunch, ordering lunches for meetings, ordering office supplies and providing administrative support for the team.
Pros
great pto and holiday benifts
Cons
many things
customer service
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  woodland hills caAugust 13, 2014
your on the phones 24/7 non stop helping provider and members
Pros
good environment
Cons
incoming call non-stop
Very nice place to work.
Finance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJuly 30, 2014
On a typical day I performed required tasks to the best of my ability.
I learned to order office supplies on line, sent interoffice reports concerning work load and check information. I worked very well with management. I had an extremely great group of co-workers. The hardest part of the job was preparing for end of the year but we always came through. The most enjoyable part were the people I worked with.
Pros
easy to commute to.
Cons
parking