Health Net, Inc

Health Net, Inc Employee Reviews

Various systems
Operations Analyst (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Inovative learning
Cons: Being outsourced
Monitor various system platforms. Learned a lot of technical systems and troubleshooting various software. Engineers and programmers were always willing to train us on managing their systems properly so they wouldn't have to come into the building. Hardest part was being paged to complete a system crashing. Great working environment and co-workers.
productive responsable fun
Customer Contact Center Representative (Former Employee), woodland hillsJanuary 28, 2015
fast learner always on time ,
Bilingual (Spanish) Proficient in Windows and Macintosh
Dexterous in Microsoft applications and IBM Lotus Notes
Production is Key
Group Database Representative (Current Employee), Woodland Hills, CAJanuary 7, 2015
Health Net is a great place to work. They require alot of production so the volume of work is high. Very competitive so you are require to do your best.
Interesting job at start of Health Insurance Exchange
Health Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Mendota Heights, MNDecember 2, 2014
Pros: opportunities to work and learn.
Cons: pay.
I enjoyed working in this position, as it involved enrolling individuals and families in the state-run health insurance exchanges which began in October 2013. I am fortunate in that I not only was able to use previously acquired skills in health care information, but that I was able to learn new skills as well.
Modern health insurance company.
Sr. OE Consultant (Current Employee), Woodland Hills, CANovember 9, 2014
Pros: casual day to day work atmosphere.
Cons: little growth opportunity
Leader in Affordable Care Act support. Executives are approachable and well versed in health insurance industry trends.
Productive and friendly workgroup
Health Economist (Current Employee), Woodland Hills, CANovember 8, 2014
Pros: friendly staffs, good atmostphere
Cons: system, technology
My typical day at work varies from day to day includes monitoring SQL Server, writing store procedures/functions/triggers, programs/models enhancements, data extraction and ad-hoc reporting as well as providing technical support to the group. Eager to develop analytic skill and learning about leadership skills from the management.
Good Place
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee), Woodland Hills, CAOctober 22, 2014
Pros: free membership to health activities
Cons: my commute
Good Place to work, pay for gym membership. Culturally diversed.
LOVE THE INVIORNMENT AND THE PEOPLE
Collections Rep (Current Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAOctober 21, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: mean irate customers
I COME IN AND LOG INTO A PHONE QUE. THEN CHECK MY EMAILS FROM TO DIFFERENT MAILBOXES. THEN PROCESS MANUAL ADJUSTMENT FOR SMALL BUSINESS ACCOUNT, SEND OUT NSF LETTERS, SORT THRU MAIL.

WHAT I'VE LEARN IS HOW TO MANAGE MYSELF. MEET DEADLINES. HOW TO INTERACT WITH PEOPLE.
I LOVE MY CO-WORKERS.

THE HARDEST PART OF MY JOB IS TO TRY TO EXPLAIN HOW THE CHANGES WORK TO OUR EXISTING CLIENTS

THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF MY JOB IS THAT I GET TO WORK WITH PEOPLE I LOVE.
Healthnet
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee), Rancho, MSOctober 6, 2014
Healthnet was a great place to work at. The people I work with were great like a family, I have been gone for three years but we all get together and have Dinner and I am in contact with a few of them always. Great atmosphere and people to work with.
after school program that is a summer job for kids
Claims Examiner II (Former Employee), Sacramento, CASeptember 30, 2014
Worked here right after high school. Watched so great kids only problem was their parents
Project Manager
Project Manager (Former Employee), Woodland HIlls CASeptember 24, 2014
Dedicated and hardworking professionals giving their best for their customers
Diverse work opportunity
Sr. Service Level Analyst (Current Employee), Rancho Cordova, CASeptember 20, 2014
Pros: diversity with vendors and on site staff, multiple slas to work with
Cons: upward growth
Work daily with data that feeds metrics for Service level attainment. Monitor service quality, that is the realized delivery of promised IT services. Work with vendor daily to correct non-conformity, review and create reports for preliminary metric monitoring.

Monthly SLA program, the validation and reporting of achieved service delivery. Reported, presented to vendor and HN for agreement/reconciliation, then produce final monthly agreement on attainment of all service levels. Monthly approved service levels feed the invoicing process (pay for service delivery).

Draft new service requirements for new services, develop new targets, baseline metrics, client and vendor presentation and negotiation for final SLA.
Clerical Lead (Current Employee), Woodland Hills, CAAugust 22, 2014
Pros: great pto and holiday benifts
Cons: many things
My coworkers are what made this job so wonderful in addition to the people I reported too.

Typical day at was supporting a Vice President, Director and manager managing their emails, calendars and their days. Getting lunch, ordering lunches for meetings, ordering office supplies and providing administrative support for the team.
customer service
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), woodland hills caAugust 13, 2014
Pros: good environment
Cons: incoming call non-stop
your on the phones 24/7 non stop helping provider and members
Very nice place to work.
Finance Clerk (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAJuly 30, 2014
Pros: easy to commute to.
Cons: parking
On a typical day I performed required tasks to the best of my ability.
I learned to order office supplies on line, sent interoffice reports concerning work load and check information. I worked very well with management. I had an extremely great group of co-workers. The hardest part of the job was preparing for end of the year but we always came through. The most enjoyable part were the people I worked with.
Very sales oriented
Accounting Representative II (Former Employee), Woodland Hills, CAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: macro management
Cons: if you dont meet your sales goals
They mostly care about sales, sales, and more sales. They usually care about numbers and not so much work quality.
Stressed out job culture, too many people doing too much
Marketing Traffic Manager (Former Employee), Woodland Hills, CAJune 26, 2014
Pros: great coordinating team, wonderful creative to work with
Cons: overworked co-workers, always a lot of stress in the office
Not the easiest job culture to be in. Enjoyed the experience though of seeing projects from start to finish, and got to know some excellent people. Too often though noticed people were working way too many hours doing the job of at least three people. Was extremely busy from start to finish every day.
Great Work environment
Medicare Customer Service (Former Employee), Shelton, CTApril 10, 2014
Great benefits
excellent pay
fast paced environment
opportunity to grow
Interesting place to work
Claims Examiner (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAApril 3, 2014
Pros: easiest place ever worked
Cons: boring. you do the same thing over and over and over.
As far as places to work, you couldn't ask for a more kick-back job the with Health Net. If you put your head down and just do what little is required of you on an hourly bases its not a bad place to be. Expect to stay in the position you start at though, advancement isn't always easy to come by.
claims review custimer service
Customer Service Rep I-Ops (Former Employee), Woodland Hills, CAFebruary 7, 2014
Responsible for processing claims electronically, follow-up on accounts, insurance verification, filing secondary claims with primary eobs attached, appeals. Researches claim overpayments and requests funds. Followed adjudication policies and procedures to make sure proper payment of claims.
Analyze claims to determine extent of company's liability, make approval or denial decisions and negotiate settlements with claimants in accordance with policy provisions Responsible for data entry and processed denial letters. Facilitated excellent customer service to members, providers, billing departments and other insurance companies on the subject of claims corresponded within HIPAA

1 2 3