Health Net Federal Services Employee Reviews

Customer service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hampton VAJuly 17, 2015
Pros: money, overtime available
Cons: short breaks, workplace culture
I advanced my skills with scheduling patients. The environment was productivity driven. I tried to offer suggestions on ways to improve our processes. Some of my ideas were taken into consideration, so I advanced by my third month working,
Contrator
Claims Administrator (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 26, 2015
Wonderful schedule, secure, strict as it is the government not for who will not follow instructions. I would return if there is an opportunity.
Prodictive and excellent work environment
QA Analyst (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 2, 2015
Pros: Bonus, increments
Cons: no major cons
Nice working with this company, work culture and technologies and tools are perfect. On time project allocation, coordination and SME availability.
Great branch manager
Beneficiary Service Representative (Former Employee), Lackland AFB, Brooks AFB and Randolf AFBMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Employee oriented company
Cons: Sometimes worked on the weekends
This was a great place to work. Because it was a Savings and Loan it wasn't too big. We all worked as a team there and no drama.
Well organized and caring company to work for. Rewarding and productive.
Enrollment Representative III/Lead (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCMarch 21, 2015
Each day was fast pace from open to close. Being able to help people in need was a great experience. Management was great. Very caring. They treated you like family and not like a piece of equipment. There was room for advancement and they made you aware of that. The co-workers were fun and easy to get along with due to management kept us interacting a lot for motivation. The hardest thing about the job was making sure we were able to meet the needs of all our customers in a timely manner. We would sometimes see 250 or more people a day. The most enjoyable part was putting a smile on the customer's face and being able to work in a friendly environment that felt like home.
Comfortable Environment to work in
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), hampton, vaMarch 14, 2015
A typical day at work consist of receiving calls or making calls all day for veterans I have learned the severity of getting patients in the system to be seen as soon as possible because of the long wait time. Management was very respectable and so were co workers. The hardest part of my job was making sure the veterans were seen as soon as possible based on the veteran affairs hospital. The most enjoyable part was knowing I could make a veteran happy.
Fun easy going workplace
Government Contracts Clerical Specialist III (Current Employee), Rancho Cordova, CADecember 1, 2014
A typical work day consist of me logging incoming and outgoing correspondences. Peridocally the Government does send emails that need to be distributed out to proper staff. My coworkers are amazing and I love working with them.
be able to multi-task
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Johnstown, PANovember 20, 2014
okay place to work with. best part of my day is assisting the service members. it is an okay work environment. need more breaks, especially when dealing with a difficult person. Just be able to catch on quickly and a person will be fine.
Productive and fun workplace
TRICARE Enrollment & Benefits Specialist (Former Employee), Portsmouth, VAOctober 1, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: position ended.
Great group of people to work with (total of 10 at TRICARE Service Center) . Team oriented . I enjoyed working with the military, talking to them face to face and helping them with the health care needs.
great place for permanent workers
Intake Rep (Current Employee), Rancho Cordova, CASeptember 24, 2014
Pros: free lunches gift cards
Cons: never get the same answer twice
Great place for permanent works. Temps not so much. Training is different for everybody leads tell different answers.
No Worklife Balance
Tri-care Enrollment Representative (Former Employee), Hampton, VASeptember 15, 2014
This place didn't allow any work/life balance we worked 50 hour a week only day off was sunday.
Military Medical Processing Unit
Insurace Processor (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: a required part of my job
Cons: healthcare
I Processed Military Insurance claims, while gaining knowledge of the U.S. Troops and Government crisis of American Soldiers.
Appeals Coordinator (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAJune 26, 2014
Really enjoyed working for Health Net Federal Services, they really treat their employees good. Potential for growth was good.
I enjoyed working with the military!
Tricare Educational Specialist (Former Employee), Buzzards Bay, MAMay 28, 2014
I enjoyed working with the military & helping them with the health care needs.
Sad to go!
Enrollment Benefit Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Drum, NYMarch 29, 2014
I enjoyed my job and am sad that the company is closing. It was beneficial and educational and I enjoyed helping others.
Very productive company
Credentialing Specialist/ Provider Relations Rep (Current Employee), San Rafael, CAMarch 26, 2014
HealthNet is a great company to work for, Great staff support,
Productive, Fast Paced Office
Tricare Enrollments and Benefits Specialist (Current Employee), Wright-Patterson AFB, OHMarch 10, 2014
Pros: 1 hour lunch, working in the same facility my physician is at
Cons: not recognized from the corporate on how well our office does
Most days mainly briefing benefits and working to resolve claims for our beneficiaries. On others days, mainly enrollments and portability applications were processed.
My co-workers and I worked very well together. If one of us needed help then the others would have their back.
My manager is awesome. I have learned a lot of lasting information from him. He depends a great deal on me to step up and travel to other offices and work for a week or two at a time.
The hardest part of my job is tell the beneficiary that they are responsible for a bill because they didn't follow the rules even though the rules are explained to them before they ever enroll in the plan.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the satisfaction that I have when I can say something or doing something to help the beneficiary and they are so thankful that I've took the time to explain or help when nobody would. Made a lot a friends over the years in my position.
If you don't get promoted right away, run.
Enrollment Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee), Rancho CordovaFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: they are super nice when you are new and have great dental and optical coverage
Cons: openly biased against those with medical conditions, or those with family members with them., will promote newhires above those who have been there longer
Typical day of work consisted of back to back phone calls in regards to military health insurance enrollment, their billing, and issue with both. I learned how to get yelled at frequently by the members. I learned that 9 years is too long to be stuck in one job. Management is great when you follow all the rules and make above average scores on your qa sessions. They provide virtually no balance for home life and work life as they limit your options for days off. If you EVER have to use FMLA or any type of protective leave, expect to be treated like the scum of the earth. Generally most people who do go out on leave end up getting all sorts of write ups and generally within a few weeks of returning from an extended leave are either fired or quit. If you get hired on try to over achieve as fast as you can because management will always go for the over achieving newbies when promoting rather than the hard working long haul employee's. I have a BA and had spent over 8 years there and was passed over on every promotion I got for reasons that generally boiled down to my husband's medical issues (supervisor actually told me this). If you haven't moved up w/in your first two years, leave the company. It's not worth staying. Most enjoyable part of the job are the coworkers you click with, however, you wont have time to talk at work because they typically notice who you are buddy with and put you on polar opposite break/lunches. Best part of the job was when I quit. Also expect mandatory over time on virtually every monday and tuesday and often wednesday because they are usually understaffed because they are all trying to cut costs and save money because the government isn't paying as much as they used to for our contracts.
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: everything about the job....including the people
I was in the Provider Data Management department responsible for keeping the TRICARE benefits catalog current. Making sure the providers (health, dental, vision and facilities) was current.

My manager was wonderful. And co-workers great. There were anywhere from 8-10 girls in the department and we all got along. Even though we worked independently of each other we were still a team.

Hardest part of the job was saying good-bye when Health Net lost the government contract and we were laid off.

The most enjoyable part was getting close to your co-workers and depending on each other for support, help or just a laugh
This company does not exsist any more
Customer Service/Patient Appointing Services (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAJanuary 29, 2014
This company does not exsist any more, the branch was shut down.