Health Net Federal Services

Health Net Federal Services Employer Reviews

Fun easy going workplace
Government Contracts Clerical Specialist III (Current Employee), Rancho Cordova, CADecember 1, 2014
A typical work day consist of me logging incoming and outgoing correspondences. Peridocally the Government does send emails that need to be distributed out to proper staff. My coworkers are amazing and I love working with them.
be able to multi-task
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Johnstown, PANovember 20, 2014
okay place to work with. best part of my day is assisting the service members. it is an okay work environment. need more breaks, especially when dealing with a difficult person. Just be able to catch on quickly and a person will be fine.
Productive and fun workplace
TRICARE Enrollment & Benefits Specialist (Former Employee), Portsmouth, VAOctober 1, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: position ended.
Great group of people to work with (total of 10 at TRICARE Service Center) . Team oriented . I enjoyed working with the military, talking to them face to face and helping them with the health care needs.
great place for permanent workers
Intake Rep (Current Employee), Rancho Cordova, CASeptember 24, 2014
Pros: free lunches gift cards
Cons: never get the same answer twice
Great place for permanent works. Temps not so much. Training is different for everybody leads tell different answers.
No Worklife Balance
Tri-care Enrollment Representative (Former Employee), Hampton, VASeptember 15, 2014
This place didn't allow any work/life balance we worked 50 hour a week only day off was sunday.
Military Medical Processing Unit
Insurace Processor (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: a required part of my job
Cons: healthcare
I Processed Military Insurance claims, while gaining knowledge of the U.S. Troops and Government crisis of American Soldiers.
Appeals Coordinator (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAJune 26, 2014
Really enjoyed working for Health Net Federal Services, they really treat their employees good. Potential for growth was good.
I enjoyed working with the military!
Tricare Educational Specialist (Former Employee), Buzzards Bay, MAMay 28, 2014
I enjoyed working with the military & helping them with the health care needs.
Sad to go!
Enrollment Benefit Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Drum, NYMarch 29, 2014
I enjoyed my job and am sad that the company is closing. It was beneficial and educational and I enjoyed helping others.
Very productive company
Credentialing Specialist/ Provider Relations Rep (Current Employee), San Rafael, CAMarch 26, 2014
HealthNet is a great company to work for, Great staff support,
Productive, Fast Paced Office
Tricare Enrollments and Benefits Specialist (Current Employee), Wright-Patterson AFB, OHMarch 10, 2014
Pros: 1 hour lunch, working in the same facility my physician is at
Cons: not recognized from the corporate on how well our office does
Most days mainly briefing benefits and working to resolve claims for our beneficiaries. On others days, mainly enrollments and portability applications were processed.
My co-workers and I worked very well together. If one of us needed help then the others would have their back.
My manager is awesome. I have learned a lot of lasting information from him. He depends a great deal on me to step up and travel to other offices and work for a week or two at a time.
The hardest part of my job is tell the beneficiary that they are responsible for a bill because they didn't follow the rules even though the rules are explained to them before they ever enroll in the plan.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the satisfaction that I have when I can say something or doing something to help the beneficiary and they are so thankful that I've took the time to explain or help when nobody would. Made a lot a friends over the years in my position.
If you don't get promoted right away, run.
Enrollment Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee), Rancho CordovaFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: they are super nice when you are new and have great dental and optical coverage
Cons: openly biased against those with medical conditions, or those with family members with them., will promote newhires above those who have been there longer
Typical day of work consisted of back to back phone calls in regards to military health insurance enrollment, their billing, and issue with both. I learned how to get yelled at frequently by the members. I learned that 9 years is too long to be stuck in one job. Management is great when you follow all the rules and make above average scores on your qa sessions. They provide virtually no balance for home life and work life as they limit your options for days off. If you EVER have to use FMLA or any type of protective leave, expect to be treated like the scum of the earth. Generally most people who do go out on leave end up getting all sorts of write ups and generally within a few weeks of returning from an extended leave are either fired or quit. If you get hired on try to over achieve as fast as you can because management will always go for the over achieving newbies when promoting rather than the hard working long haul employee's. I have a BA and had spent over 8 years there and was passed over on every promotion I got for reasons that generally boiled down to my husband's medical issues (supervisor actually told me this). If you haven't moved up w/in your first two years, leave the company. It's not worth staying. Most enjoyable part of the job are the coworkers you click with, however, you wont have time to talk at work because they typically notice who you are buddy with and put you on polar opposite break/lunches. Best part of the job was when I quit. Also expect mandatory over time on virtually every monday and tuesday and often wednesday because they are usually understaffed because they are all trying to cut costs and save money because the government isn't paying as much as they used to for our contracts.
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: everything about the job....including the people
I was in the Provider Data Management department responsible for keeping the TRICARE benefits catalog current. Making sure the providers (health, dental, vision and facilities) was current.

My manager was wonderful. And co-workers great. There were anywhere from 8-10 girls in the department and we all got along. Even though we worked independently of each other we were still a team.

Hardest part of the job was saying good-bye when Health Net lost the government contract and we were laid off.

The most enjoyable part was getting close to your co-workers and depending on each other for support, help or just a laugh
This company does not exsist any more
Customer Service/Patient Appointing Services (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAJanuary 29, 2014
This company does not exsist any more, the branch was shut down.
Typical call center environment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Hampton, VADecember 22, 2013
This job was rewarding due to helping military & their dependents get adequate care!
Typical call center were you had to take a certain amount of calls per day, adhere to AHT (average handle time), etc.
Management was laid back & thorough.
Hardest part of the job is being in a call center and ever changing atmosphere
friendly
Disease Management Specialist, RN (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CADecember 5, 2013
Working with wonderful people
limited advancement
good site security
Mis-managed, hostile work environment
Supervisor, Disease Management Operations (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CA.August 15, 2013
Pros: good health benefits package.
Cons: hostile work environment, poor leadership and staff management.
Management in the behavioral health department (federal services - TRICARE) is ill-equipped and fosters an environment of hostility and fear. The sole focus is cutting costs and 'productivity numbers' at the expense of services rendered the customer and staff satisfaction. My experience is that management is very reluctant to accept alternative views in leadership style and improving the program and department as a whole. The result: high management turnover, high levels of stress, absenteeism and incident reports to OE (office of employee assistance/relations) regarding management-involved personnel issues. I would not recommend the behavioral heath department (federal services - TRICARE) as a healthy, productive place to work.
Telephone based Health education program to assist clients manage select chronic health conditions
Disease Management Specialist, RN (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAJuly 12, 2013
Pros: good staff moral encouraged with frequent formal and informal interactions, good benifits, 401k matching
Cons: job security dependent on the dod changing contract requirments with limited notice
Health Net Federal services provides very good benefits but is dependent on government contract requirements to determine staffing needs and cost limits. I would have chosen to continued working there but for the reduction of benefits for Government Tricare recipients and the resulting staff reduction.
I have over 120 college credits and will receive my undergrad in social science, liberal arts, and communication.
Quality Assurance Auditor (Current Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAJuly 4, 2013
My job experience has helped me grow mentally. I have grown with my companies and learned how to keep a business relationship within the company and outside of it. Working with different personalities has helped me learn how to deal with various situations, I really enjoy working with individuals and working on my own.
A place that challenges your thought process. Need to think outside the box often
Manager, Finance (Current Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAMay 3, 2013
Typical day involves interaction with Controller and CFO, as well as other functional executives.

Have matured and learned how to interact with high level executives since joining this company almost 15 years ago.

Health Net Federal Services Salaries