Health Net of California

Health Net of California Employer Reviews

Good place to learn and grow
Trainer/Developer (Current Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: opportunity to move up in the company
Cons: decisions made without asking front line reps as they have the experience
Health Net has been a great place for me. I was able to start as a CSR1 taking calls assisting providers only and through the years have gained the needed information to become a trainer.
Although I have enjoyed all of the positions I have had with Health Net I would have to say the opportunity to work in the training department, has been my favorite – more... place to work with Health Net. The reason I feel this way is the fact that I am able to make a difference in other peoples carriers. As a trainer I am able to give the students the opportunity to learn the material needed to be successful in their new jobs however most importantly, I have been able to impart not only the knowledge of excellent customer service skills but also my experiences. It is through these experiences that I feel I make the most difference in peoples carriers and lives. – less
Good health plan experience
Contract Analyst (Former Employee), Woodland Hills, CAAugust 14, 2014
Pros: good health plan experience
Cons: not as financiallys trong
This was a good place to have an initial career. It was not a place I felt that had tremendous career advancement. It's been over 10 years since I have worked here but I know that that financial solvency has always been in question. I am happy to see that they are still here and part of Covered CA.
Health Net is a good company but I feel they could do a little more for there employees, over the years it got to be less and less benefits.
Auditor Analysis (Current Employee), Woodland Hills, CAJuly 11, 2014
I review claim after claim to make sure that they were processed correctly whether they are paid or denied. That they meet all compliances, policies and producures. That the provider contracts were applied correctly.

I get along with my co-workers very well, they are all very good people. We don't work as a team since we are all asigned ques to work – more... out of.

The hardest part of this job is remembering alll the different policies and producures since they change so rapidly.

The most enjoyable part is the people I work with. – less
Great company to work for ; great benefits
Clinical Review Coordinator (Current Employee), Woodland Hills, CAMay 5, 2014
learning experience daily. My day to day operation has given me the opportunity to learn more about Health Net as a company and the products that it offers. It has also, provided me a insight of the strict requirements for compliance and regulatory rules and requirements.
Great company to work for.
Community Relations Supervisor (Current Employee), Glendale, CAMarch 31, 2014
Health Net associates care about their members and go the extra mile to give exceptional customer service experiences.

Great place to work. All departments work collaboratively and are great people.
Productive and rewarding atmosphere
Broker Service Representative (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAMarch 28, 2014
Pros: free on-site work out facility and cafe
I really enjoyed my career at Health Net. I built very strong relationships and learned numerous skills.
Friendly enviroment
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee), Huntington Beach, CANovember 25, 2013
Pros: the senior sales representatives were great mentors.
Cons: even though the objective was always clear, the different departments did not communicate well between them.
The objective was always clear and the team work was always a plus.
I dont remember
Provider Services Representative (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CANovember 15, 2013
Pros: at least your working
Cons: not enough rest time. you feeel like a machine.
I worked here a really long time ago.

I don't remember much except that it was a very dreary call center and no moral.

Very low pay.

I would never want to work there again.

Employee are not thought highly of here.
Good mission and employee development
Correspondence Representative (Former Employee), Cordova, CANovember 12, 2013
Most enjoyable part of the joy was taking on new challenges and
new ways to make processes smoother.
Ping Pong / video games etc etc
Junior Business Analyst (Former Employee), long beach, californiaAugust 9, 2013
The best part is location was near to the beach and have a sense of relief to see the water and management was very co-operative with our projects .
Benefits and Eligibility Representative (Former Employee), Woodland Hills, CAMay 30, 2013
Great place to work and I would refer friends to work there if they were moving to Tuscaloosa Alabama.
productive workplace with no consistent training when asked to cross train and help other departments besides what you were hired for
Correspondence Representative (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAMay 20, 2013
Pros: having to help other departments is a great way to advance your career
Cons: but they did not give the proper training, in order to give the customer, a satisfactory answer in the amount of time expected
-data entry
-their computer applications
-management was not very structured or employee satisfactory
-co-workers were friendly
-knowing I had to go in every morning to make my money to live
-leaving and getting my paycheck
A company thats like family
Provider Service/Customer Service (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAJanuary 20, 2013
Pros: a place for retirement
Cons: hard to move around in the company
a typical down of helping people and making sure that all there needs are meet. 1st call resolution. showing Members and Providers we are there for them.
Provided quality service to members and employer groups
Multiple Product Phone Rep., Member Services (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAOctober 26, 2012
Responsible for responding to telephone inquiries from members and employer groups to provide information and clarification on multiple products relating to eligibility, pharmacy computer systems, claims processing, provider services, provider transfers, correspondence, contracts and various health plan benefits and differences.

• Received awards for – more... perfect attendance and high quality service – less
Its a fast pased environment where you learn new things everyday.
Account Service Representative (Current Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAAugust 23, 2012
Pros: i am always learning something new everyday
Cons: our whole membership department is being outsourced.
As an Account service representative I maintain over 2800 employer groups. Payment allocation, audits to talking to group representatives and brokers keeps me busy all day long. There is always something new to learn and you never get bored.
Understanding well structured culture
Eligibility Representative (Former Employee), Woodland Hills, CAMay 19, 2012
Pros: close distance, friendly, courteous and professional people.
Cons: low salary, not much growth
Worked well with Supervisor who was well-approachable. Well organized and continous on process improvement for job performance.
good place to work
Group Enrollment Service Specialist (Former Employee), Woodland Hills, CaliforniaFebruary 13, 2012
Pros: annual picnic and bounese
Cons: 45 minutes lunch break
Good benefits and great people to work with. But no room to growth.