Health Net of California Employee Reviews

Good place to learn and grow
Trainer/Developer (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAOctober 9, 2014
Health Net has been a great place for me. I was able to start as a CSR1 taking calls assisting providers only and through the years have gained the needed information to become a trainer.
Although I have enjoyed all of the positions I have had with Health Net I would have to say the opportunity to work in the training department, has been my favorite place to work with Health Net. The reason I feel this way is the fact that I am able to make a difference in other peoples carriers. As a trainer I am able to give the students the opportunity to learn the material needed to be successful in their new jobs however most importantly, I have been able to impart not only the knowledge of excellent customer service skills but also my experiences. It is through these experiences that I feel I make the most difference in peoples carriers and lives.
Pros
opportunity to move up in the company
Cons
decisions made without asking front line reps as they have the experience
Innovative Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJuly 15, 2015
My days at Heath Net begin with taking phone calls and assisting my other co-workers with any questions that need to be answered. Assisting my lead with any appeal and greviances that have been sent to our department. My management team is a wonderful team to work under they allow you to use your ideas to make work flow easier. The hardest part of my job would have to be when I have a member on the phone that is having a hard time and I cant solve the problem. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I work with a awesome staff and coworkers and that I get to help members in the heath care industry.

Pros
Quarterly luncheons
Cons
No more Over Time
Health Net is a good company but I feel they could do a little more for there employees, over the years it got to be less and less benefits.
Auditor Analysis (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJuly 11, 2014
I review claim after claim to make sure that they were processed correctly whether they are paid or denied. That they meet all compliances, policies and producures. That the provider contracts were applied correctly.

I get along with my co-workers very well, they are all very good people. We don't work as a team since we are all asigned ques to work out of.

The hardest part of this job is remembering alll the different policies and producures since they change so rapidly.

The most enjoyable part is the people I work with.
productive workplace with no consistent training when asked to cross train and help other departments besides what you were hired for
Correspondence Representative (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAMay 20, 2013
-data entry
-their computer applications
-management was not very structured or employee satisfactory
-co-workers were friendly
-knowing I had to go in every morning to make my money to live
-leaving and getting my paycheck
Pros
having to help other departments is a great way to advance your career
Cons
but they did not give the proper training, in order to give the customer, a satisfactory answer in the amount of time expected
Processed high amount of claims, and achieved few awards.
Claim Examiner (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CASeptember 17, 2015
Learned great deal of information on processing medical claims insurances, which include medical codes, and who to catch duplicate claims before they go out to the accounting department to be paid. This has avoid the company a lot of money, and times.
I enjoyed working with my team, and my team leader was always around for help..
Good health plan experience
Contract Analyst (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAAugust 14, 2014
This was a good place to have an initial career. It was not a place I felt that had tremendous career advancement. It's been over 10 years since I have worked here but I know that that financial solvency has always been in question. I am happy to see that they are still here and part of Covered CA.
Pros
good health plan experience
Cons
not as financiallys trong
Its a fast pased environment where you learn new things everyday.
Account Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAAugust 23, 2012
As an Account service representative I maintain over 2800 employer groups. Payment allocation, audits to talking to group representatives and brokers keeps me busy all day long. There is always something new to learn and you never get bored.
Pros
i am always learning something new everyday
Cons
our whole membership department is being outsourced.
I dont remember
Provider Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CANovember 15, 2013
I worked here a really long time ago.

I don't remember much except that it was a very dreary call center and no moral.

Very low pay.

I would never want to work there again.

Employee are not thought highly of here.
Pros
at least your working
Cons
not enough rest time. you feeel like a machine.
Need more people skills
Provider Network Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 15, 2014
Everything change on a daily basics, confused. Learned a lot about provider contracts. Management need more training in policies and procedures. The co-workers where there just make themselves look good, no team work. The hard part was getting management to listen. I enjoyed the 9/80 work schedule.
Pros
9/80 work schdule
Cons
co-workers not dependable. no team work.
Call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAMay 29, 2015
A typical day at health net would be taking a high amount of inbound calls in a call center. My manager was great.The hardest part of the job was angry callers. I've learned patience is a virtue and most people just need to know that they've been listened to.
Provided quality service to members and employer groups
Multiple Product Phone Rep., Member Services (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAOctober 26, 2012
Responsible for responding to telephone inquiries from members and employer groups to provide information and clarification on multiple products relating to eligibility, pharmacy computer systems, claims processing, provider services, provider transfers, correspondence, contracts and various health plan benefits and differences.

• Received awards for perfect attendance and high quality service
helping members and providers and assocaites.
Bilingual customer services representative (Current Employee) –  Sacramento CaliforniaMarch 30, 2015
Typical day is arriving at work following up on emails. Dealing with high call volume.Very demanding regarding assisting current associates and de escalating calls. Allot of follow up work needed. Associates feel not very supported.
Pros
Busy work day.
Cons
Allot of changes. Systems slowness. Systems do not work.
This company is very good, I should not have left.
Eligibility Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAMarch 11, 2015
A typical day at work, I would arrive 10 minutes early and start a process, I had about two to tree to choose from, Also I could take breaks in between.
Pros
pay and downtime is good
Cons
mindless process done everyday
Nice team to work with.
Claim Examiner (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJanuary 21, 2015
I enjoyed to work with my team 5 days a week.
I learned more about medical field, and I shared my knowledge with other employees who works with me,
Always liked to help my co-workers on my team when they needed help in processing the medicare claims.
Great company to work for ; great benefits
Clinical Review Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAMay 5, 2014
learning experience daily. My day to day operation has given me the opportunity to learn more about Health Net as a company and the products that it offers. It has also, provided me a insight of the strict requirements for compliance and regulatory rules and requirements.
A company thats like family
Provider Service/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJanuary 20, 2013
a typical down of helping people and making sure that all there needs are meet. 1st call resolution. showing Members and Providers we are there for them.
Pros
a place for retirement
Cons
hard to move around in the company
Supervisor, Sales Admin Large Group (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CASeptember 14, 2015
Health Net is a solid company with excellent benefits. Advancement opportunities prevail in most departments. Communication between most departments is a plus. Great work/life balance most of the time.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Current buyout uncertanty
Temporary employee
Part-time Legal Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAOctober 6, 2015
They have a purpose a mission that everyone understands. Even better, every employee can tell you the role he or she plays in achieving that purpose.
Pros
Great work hours (Part time)
Ping Pong / video games etc etc
Junior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  long beach, californiaAugust 9, 2013
The best part is location was near to the beach and have a sense of relief to see the water and management was very co-operative with our projects .
Understanding well structured culture
Eligibility Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAMay 19, 2012
Worked well with Supervisor who was well-approachable. Well organized and continous on process improvement for job performance.
Pros
close distance, friendly, courteous and professional people.
Cons
low salary, not much growth