Health Net Employee Reviews

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJuly 20, 2017
Very relaxing environment. You learn how to speak with customers and multi-task efficiently. Everyone there are friendly and when you need help, everyone is a message away.
N/a
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 20, 2017
All and all not a bad company to work for. I have veterans in my family so it was easy for me to take on the job knowing that I could help others and their families with their medical care.
no comment
Medical Documentation Representative II (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CA 95670July 20, 2017
tough job lots of hours. Poor communication . great pay and benefits little room for advancement in my department . jobs not hard just demanding. but if . would be great with better communication and care for emplyees
Decent place to work
Administrative Assistant to Director (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJuly 19, 2017
I got very well versed in multitasking, producing quality work and not missing deadlines all the cost of no breaks and overtime. Work was very stressful and I wasn't able to grow much. Opportunities for advancement were scarce but it was a great starter position in a large corporation. Workplace culture was friendly but highly micromanaged. I enjoyed working with different teams to gain knowledge and expertise due to the smaller size company v. Anthem.
Great workplace and enjoy helping veterans get their care
Customer Service Rep/Lead (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAJuly 17, 2017
Great company leads and supervisor are always there to help if an agent needs assistance. laid back quiet workplace but leadership makes it fun. Hardest part of the job is scheduling the veterans with providers that accept the insurance.
Pros
free lunches for the agents
Cons
30 minute lunches
Productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAJuly 17, 2017
Typical day at work is answering average 70 phone calls and providing excellent customer service & assisting providers. Management is ok. Shifts can vary
Poor management
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJuly 16, 2017
Management is the worst, no adequate training and lots of jealousy in the work environment. Supervisor will scold you instead of being professional about it and come talk to you.
Also, Skype is very big, if you ask the supervisor for help, and if they have a message on Skype then you're last on the list to get back to although it's about what the other person did on the weekend and new shoes (witness first hand, several occasions). The vibe is like a middle school cafeteria.
Pros
Holidays off and benefits (all though it's pricey)
Cons
Too many 2 faces
The Company was Sold
Director Business Continuity and Crisis Mmgt (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJuly 12, 2017
While HN was managed by HN the company was good.

Great Benefits, my manager was great. There were to many silos and Goals were not always well known by the staff.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Executive Management
great group of people
Healthcare IT Sales and Epic Practice Director (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAJuly 11, 2017
great group of people - knowledge of Healthcare strategy - great at contract negotiations - great support team - the recruiter is on the mark. Great benefits. Local to New England
Review of Health Net Federal Services.
Authorization Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 11, 2017
- Hours & Pay Rate:Health Net has very good hours & the overtime pay is exceptional.

- What I have learned: I have learned a lot from Health Net. I have learned to multi-task between scheduling and reviewing medical documentation, and learned how to work with computer programs outside of Microsoft.

- Management: Management at Health Net wasn't the best. Most of the time when you needed assistance, there wasn't a supervisor or team lead near by to assist you.

- Workplace Culture: The workplace culture was excellent. You will meet great people with exceptional attitudes. You will learn a lot about the people who work with you.

- The Hardest Part of the Job: The hardest part of the job is looking for assistance. Besides that, everything from scheduling to reviewing is pretty easy.

- The Most Enjoyable Part of the Job: The most enjoyable part of the job is scheduling appointments for Veterans. Being able to save a Veteran's life is the most enjoyable part of this job. You will feel good about yourself.
Pros
Rate of Pay, Workplace Culture, Scheduling, Opportunity for Promotion.
Cons
Short Breaks, Management.
Great Place to Work and Thrive
Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CA 95742July 9, 2017
Best place to work hands down, the bosses were amazingly helpful and informative and everyone worked as a team player! It was great and had a pleasurable time working there you should too.
Cons
Good company to work for.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 8, 2017
However there are employees forgetting we are to be providing services to our military veterans, NOT JUST GET A PAYCHECK. The jobs we perform can sometimtes be life or death situations and that's nothing to play with.
Pros
Easy access to food
Cons
30 minutes isn't quite enough time. Maybe 45 minutes would work better. And too much micromanaging
The good place for people that recently out of the high school or collage, Not for do a career.
Authorization and Appointed Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 6, 2017
The place is good for the people that already out of graduated college or high school, is not good if you want to move forward to a career. The management is not good and fair
nice enviornment
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 6, 2017
Nice people, Nice place -nice set up as well as nice staffing, I am a temporary employee here, and temps do not get the same treatment as perm. including benefits.
Pros
Team lunches
Cons
supervisors/ managers unavailble
Depends on the dept
Sr. Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJune 30, 2017
It was a good dept to work for until there did so many changes in the upper management and brought in some people who were not really team players. But this was so long ago that I'm sure things are so different now.
Relax and fun
Kelly Services Temp Customer Rep (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJune 26, 2017
Working in health Net is fun get to meet new people and your co-workers will help you if you need help. sometimes the call can be stressful but learn new things about health insurance.
Pros
Potlucks, benefits, supervisor, career options
Cons
manager
N/a
Authorizing and Appointing Rep (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 26, 2017
This company is very competitive and has no job security. They are contracted by the VA and could be losing their contract soon. Work hard a hope they keep you. All employees are hired as temp
Great Company to work for
Provider Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJune 26, 2017
I learned a lot at Health Net since we have to do the claims from A to Z. and help Providers with their request. At the same time we will help in Customer Service when the volume of call were high.

Health Net will bring education to us. They contracted a company so we can get trained and certified in Medical Terminology, Anatomy and other classes.

The company cares a lot about their employees well being and knowledge.
Pros
Employee Activities, Car Pool incentive
Not acceptable towards veteran's care
Authorization & Appointing Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 26, 2017
They prefer speed and number of appointments over the quality of care for veterans. The push the issue about making a certain number of appointments per day; therefore, the appointment setters are appointing the easy appointments, such as eye appointments or dental appointments, rather than the appointments that take weeks to appoint, such as veterans that need a doctor's appointment for cancer, etc.

This to me was not morally or ethically acceptable. I couldn't continue working for a company as such.
Sub-Par Work Environment
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 25, 2017
I have worked for Health Net for 5 years. Health Net does not like to reward their employees like they should. Yes they do occasional potlucks and celebrations but they are missing their point. There are plenty of people who show up to work on a daily basis and do a great job at what they do. Instead of rewarding them with a raise or promotion, they force them to stay in their current position because they don't want to lose someone who produces. They do Merit reviews causing the associates who are actually doing their job to get the same raise as the person next to them who is on their phone the whole day,
Cons
Management, work environment