Health Net Employee Reviews

Great job
Customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAMarch 28, 2017
Wonderful place to work, great pay. But no long job security.Management could be a lot better. Learn your job as quickly as possible and do you best, they do watch your work very closely.
productive and friendly environment
Assist providers (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAMarch 23, 2017
I process incoming faxes from providers who tend to Medi-cal recipients. We review the faxes and determines whether it needs an authorization. Once that has been completed the disposition will be faxed to the provider.
Rewarding helping students and their families
Sr Financial Recovery (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTMarch 23, 2017
It was rewarding to help students that were having difficulties at home, school or in their community. I enjoyed working along the New Haven Police Dept. to refer students and their families to different programs within the community
Great experience
Eligibility Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAMarch 21, 2017
Overall, my experience with Health Net was knowledgeable. This was my first real job in a company where every day i learned something new. In my department which is membership, we always have something new to do and learn. With healthcare, procedures and guidelines change all the time, so it was us as workers to keep up with those changes. The most enjoyable part to me working here was how this job helped me grow up and mature. When I started here I was only 19, now i feel like i have a good grip of knowledge on healthcare and I have a better head on my shoulders in order to be a better asset to any company I work for in the future
Pros
Flexibility with breaks and lunches
Cons
Benefits with the company are too expensive
Overall I was somewhat satisfied
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTMarch 20, 2017
This was a great position however when it comes to managment understanding your concerns with how your performance is being rated; they do not seem have repor. I loved my job and helping customer; however there are things that I have no control over when it came to insurance claims and timely submission and respone. Most providers called because claims were denied and they want to know. It was job to explain it and I did just that. Also; calls centers have a tendency to try and dictate you call time; which is impossible because they are not on the phone and they have no idea what you are dealing with.
Buniess
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAMarch 17, 2017
A Typical Day at work is coming into work with a positive attitude and a smile ready to work. Work hard no playing around. The most important thing to do is take care of as many veterans authorizations as accurately as possible in a day. When help is needed a lead or supervisor will assist. The Job is easy but daily changes makes it hard to meet production.
Pros
friendly place
Cons
You can easily lose your job because of life problems you have no control over
Underpaid, overworked
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAMarch 14, 2017
this is a good company to work for potlucks every week.. advancement after a year of working kinda sucks and every person hired after is getting paid more
Environment
Customer Service OPS I (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAMarch 14, 2017
I love working in the environment that as we do as a team. I enjoy what I do! I am going to school in the medical field so it helps a lot as what I do at work is similar to my schooling
Pros
Environment
No core values
Appointing and Authorizing (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 13, 2017
The company is unorganized. I understand that everyone need a job but they hire anyone. No skills nor qualifications. Its not about work ethic there its about who you know
Refreshing enviroment
Appointment Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 11, 2017
It was nice to be around so many people that are willing to learn. I learned about the steps a Veteran needs to take in order to get out paitent help when dealing with conditions in the civilian life.

Want to know more about Health Net?

Ask a question
Great Starter Job
Medicare Specialist /Customer Service /Insurance (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAMarch 11, 2017
Loved working for Health Net I was part of their family for almost 20 years and I feel that anyone can become very knowledgeable in the insurance industry
Very relaxed environment
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAMarch 4, 2017
The salary and pay is very good. The environment is so relaxed. However, after the recent acquisition by Centene, job security has become a huge concern.
Pros
Relaxed working environment
Cons
Job is now uncertain
I rather not say at this time
Appointing & Authorization Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 3, 2017
I rather not say at this time. I'm currently an employee at this company. I do not feel comfortable discussing any issues with the company at this time.
Pros
I rather not speak on it at this time
Cons
I rather not speak on it at this time
People are disposable here
Senior Claims and Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Neptune, NJMarch 2, 2017
With the slightest downturn in the economy Health Net tucked-tail and ran like cowards back to the west coast leaving a thousand career-oriented people without jobs. Moreover, they contrived ways to eliminate senior staff before officially closing so that they would not have to pay severance. Despicable.
Pros
Cons
Unconscionable
Not bad
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PAMarch 1, 2017
Not bad if you like being attached to a phone for 8 hours a day. It's hard to get paid time off approved, even when it's requested months in advance. New benefits were incorporated that aren't as good as you'd think they would be for a federal job. It is satisfying to give back to military members and their families, that is definitely the most enjoyable part of the job.
Changes, Changes....
Meetings and Events Planner (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAMarch 1, 2017
Company has been acquired by Centene and they are restructuring. They have been laying off employees over the past year as they are combining the corporate offices with St. Louis.
satisfactory
Military & Family Life Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXFebruary 28, 2017
There is a lack of concern about employee work/life balance. There was not health insurance or short term disability. There was a lack of opportunity for self-care. Did not provide quality support to employees.
Pros
flexibity
Cons
lack of support
Understanding, productive, advanced training, extensive responsibility.
Claims Auditor/Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAFebruary 23, 2017
I have learned to work all lines of business of commercial health insurance plans. I have also learned to perform correspondence, Internet response, Online support, ACA, Cap deduct, Foreign claims, In person 1 on 1 member services support for elderly members, mentor for the team, and now working as business analyst for government plans of Health net/Centene Inc. doing reporting for the enrollees and organizing plan of action for any deficiencies on Health Net's end.
Pros
It is very good environment to work, and i have gained a higher amount of knowledge at Healthnet.
Cons
The pay grade is low and the health insurance contribution is high
Company has been acquired.
Executive Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAFebruary 22, 2017
I was laid off, and have no knowledge of the current work conditions or company culture. I enjoyed worker for Health Net, and my coworkers.
Pros
I had great coworkers
productive
calims (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAFebruary 21, 2017
a good place to work. I have gained claims experience and know how to process claims. the management is very nice and professional. they know how to get the job done