Health Net Employee Reviews

Healthcare Analyst (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJanuary 20, 2017
I have been working for Healthnet for 11 years and it has been a very good company to work for. Management is good. I enjoy working for for the pass years.
Productive Workplace
Provider Transitions Unit-Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJanuary 20, 2017
I've been with the company for almost 29 years now. I have been in a few different departments which I has let me grow and learn a lot within the company. I enjoy the fact that I get to interact with so many other departments. I really would like a change and would love to work closer to home.
Pros
Flex Time able to start anywhere from 7am to 9:30am
Worst Company Ever
Senior Claims and Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Neptune, NJJanuary 20, 2017
The company was and is poorly managed, failing to take advantage of vast east coast opportunity and at the first sign of trouble with the national economy they tucked-tail and ran back to the west coast putting 1,300 people out of work, but not before they vetted highest paid staff and fabricated reasons to terminate and not pay severance.

Worst. Company. Ever.
Health Net
Finance Consultant (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJanuary 19, 2017
New company culture ignores life balance needs of the employees. There are no opportunities for career advancement. More communication between management and employees is needed by the company.
Terrific organization to work for with challenges just like any other organization.
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJanuary 18, 2017
Great people working in a business that will be impacted by the changing presidency. The salary was reasonable and workload varies depending on the department you're in. I would recommend this company, but Centene purchased Health Net and changes are on their way, so my comments may not be relevant on a go forward basis.
A highly productive place to work
Utilization Management Coordinator I (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJanuary 13, 2017
Health Net is a very highly productive place to work. I enjoy my work. My management appreciate my hard work and very supportive. My co-worker are very friendly and supportive too. Within the last four months I have learned a lot while processing claims about prior authorization requirements. Unfortunately my work schedule is not working with my family as I hope prior taking this job. Hence I am looking for either part time or full time regular shift day job.
Pros
Fee coffee
Cons
Haven't experienced any yet.
Great Place to Work
Claims Examiner I (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 10, 2017
Great Place to work, great Management and great team. Good benefits and good Pension plan
Management is very supportive in terms of Medical Leave, Family reason or in general anything a person might have
My team is super nice and everyone helps each other and being supportive
Great Training and great support they provide on the floor to make sure everyone is doing a productive work
Pros
Good Management and Great Support
Cons
no overtime hours
Great company to work for
Data Reports Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJanuary 10, 2017
This company is a very diverse work life oriented vibe. Its a great start for hard work and call center advancement. This company will show you things you never paid attention to before. These things can be used in more than one aspect in the work world.
Pros
Diversity
Cons
Tempory employee is best way to get in..
Great company
Credentialing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTJanuary 10, 2017
I was employed from 1998 until company closed in 2011. Employee benefits were great. Flexible work schedule was a advantage compared to other companies.
Very Productive
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJanuary 5, 2017
Enjoyed being able to be there for all armed forces regarding the health care benefits of the whole North East Region. Very rewarding.
Productive and Gratifying
Authorization and Appointing (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 4, 2017
Job is fulfilling and great experience in term of my responsibilities with the client. Co-workers are fun to work with and very culturally diverse. Most enjoyable and gratifying experience is when the Veteran's say a huge Thanks for the service and hearing that compliment. Assisting them in their health care needs is definitely my pleasure.
Cons
Some Management failures
n/a
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CADecember 28, 2016
this is a good company. I learned a lot from healthnet. the most enjoyable part is I got to park in the president parking space for a month.
Very few avenues for advancement outside of niche
Behavioral Health Disease Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CADecember 25, 2016
It has filled a need and have had wonderful peers to work with. Management is terrible historically in the DM department. Ready, shoot, aim implementation style.
Pros
Good Schedule
Cons
Poor Management
Very Corporate America
Senior Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CADecember 21, 2016
Management allows promotions and growth by 'who you know' and not by skills.
Turnover equivalent to nursing homes.
HR department not very effective in retraining and retaining.
Pros
Job security
Cons
extreme Micro-managed
Keep your head down and do just a little over bare minimum
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CADecember 14, 2016
Do not get noticed here. I am not kidding. You can quickly climb the totem pole and become a 'shining star' but don't be surprised when they quickly kick you off once they find someone "better" who won't necessarily be better at their job but rather in better cahoots with upper management than you.
Job Review
Provider Relations Representative II (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VADecember 14, 2016
Nice relaxed work environment. Education assistance if provided as well as full time work schedules. Friendly staff. I've been working here since 2007 and am very happy that I have been here. There is opportunity for advancement throughout the company in various states.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
n/a
Fun place to work.
Choice Appointment Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VADecember 12, 2016
Very neat and organize company that provides security and equipment to accomplish our duties. Productive and fun place to work with supervisors who care.
Pros
Helping those that help keep us free as a country.
Cons
Hours of operations are difficult. Prefer days not evenings.
Healthcare Fraud and Abuse Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CADecember 12, 2016
Covers military insured. Covers all areas of medical insurance for the military employees. Different work hours for the Department you worked in. Co-workers good to work with.
Pros
Cons
Cubicle desk work
Good company to work for but not a career
Authorization and Appointing Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 10, 2016
Really fun workplace and I would suggest it to anyone. It is a great place for someone who is looking for a job but not a career. I would recommend it to someone not looking for a career.
Productive place
Customer service rep 1 (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CA 91367December 8, 2016
Hours you get are great. You meet so many interesting people was never a boring job. Co workers are great and was always a positive environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Health Net. Our community is ready to answer.