Health Net Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent company and benefits
Beneficiary Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJuly 27, 2016
Great company to work for. Excellent pay. Worked for the military. Great healthcare benefits. Saw over 300 customers per day. Management had open-door policy. Worked individually for the most part. Great group of workers.
Pros
Professional, but relaxed atmosphere. Great benefits and pay.
Health Net is Good
Manager, Program Accreditation (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJuly 25, 2016
Health Net is a great organization. If you work hard and show ambition you will find there are plenty of opportunities. However, nothing will be handed to you; you will have to earn everything and keep all bridges intact. Most in management are very helpful and willing to share their knowledge.
Pros
They have recently merged with Centene Corporation
Cons
Possible Job loss
Productive call center
SHP Call Center (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJuly 24, 2016
At the call center, there are various inquiries you receive from members, providers, and claims (if you are trained in claims).
Each inquiry has its own process.
Feels good to know exactly how to handle the issue, and solve it. If you don't know how, they have a quick line where you speak to more experienced representatives and supervisors that walk you through the process.
Co-workers were easy to get along with.
Hardest part of the job is keeping track of new procedures for certain inquiries that pop up on your work email almost every other day, but they are updates that make the process quicker.
Most enjoyable part is when you get to help someone on the phone who is very appreciative.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits.
My job was cool because the management team was awesome,
Enrollment Representative III (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 22, 2016
I worked in At&t repair call center. It was nice place to be at the time when I worked there. We helped dispatch repairs to homes to supply customer needs.
Pros
early shifts
Cons
late shifts
Good Company
Account Executive III (National Sales Executive) (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJuly 22, 2016
I really liked working for Health Net however they are not doing well financially so unfortunately I was laid off.
Very productive place to work
Authorization & Appointing Representative (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAJuly 22, 2016
Spend most of the time setting our Veterans with appointments to see a provider outside of the VA. Working here gives you great feeling to be of assistance to our veterans
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Only hire as temp workers
Good place
Eligibility Worker III (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 20, 2016
This is a great place to work and make extra money. If you need money during the holiday time, they offer unlimited overtime. Plus the staff is awesome
work
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Turnersville, NJJuly 16, 2016
Typical lab environment. Run and verify QC before running patient samples. Not a stressful environment. Would still be there if they didn't close location.
Not a lot of growth offered
Eligibility Rep Op I (Current Employee) –  woodland hills, caJuly 14, 2016
I have been working here over a year, and still haven't had the opportunity or given the chance to advance into the next level.
Pros
having a job
Cons
unethical conduct within management
Micheal Garriott, LCSW
Military Family Life Consultant (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 11, 2016
Basically same as review for Magellan. Less micro-management.
MFLC's were much more independent than at Magellan, but supervision was always a phone call away. Management responded quickly
Pros
Independence
Cons
Rotational assignment were to short
Nice company
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJuly 7, 2016
Nice company to work for. Helped with advancement for better job placement. They placed you in many different tasks to succeed at the job.
More bad than good
Customer Service Rep II (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAJuly 6, 2016
No work life balance. The company- well the federal contract portion does not accept any form of Dr. notes for sickness. If you don't have FMLA, you no longer have a job. The benefits were great. The Culture was not good at all. Management was never around.
Pros
Benefits, PTO
Cons
No balance, shaky leadership
Co-workers were a pleasure to be around.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAJuly 6, 2016
It was very satisfying when I was able to get a veteran scheduled and call them back with their appointment information. However when we were crazy busy we were not able to completely take care of veterans at once and this was dis-pleasing for the veterans and us the customer service representatives.
Pros
supervisors and leads were easy to get along with
Cons
stuck in a cubical for 8 hrs or more
insurance job in a very cut-throat environment
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 2, 2016
The people employed have been there for 10 years or longer and are in solid cliques like High School and behave in that manner. This is an insurance job dominated with old women. It is the most cut-throat environment full of people that are extremely unhappy and very dysfunctional. Management encourage cliques and immature cut-throat behavior, because they're like that, too. The long and short of it...they make a ton of money and are very bored and dysfunctional people. They also make you go through a ton of hoops and do a temp agency. Most of these people worked at another company previously in Dallas with a bad reputation, so it's not a wonder that they all migrated together to this company. They have too much time in between insurance calls and either gossip or watch movies on their cell phones. They are the most unhappy, dysfunctional group of bored people with too much time and money that I've ever met. People that work there all have mirrors on their desks, not because they want to make sure they don't have food in their teeth or makeup on....they're paranoid and constantly have to watch what they say and who they talk to. It's insane. Good luck!
Pros
good pay
Cons
bad management and cliques, insurance job
Uplifting enviroment
Authorizations and Appointing (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 30, 2016
Fun job to work at but not a place to get comfortable at, making it seem like Heathnet's contract is not going to last. Great benefits
Care Manager for Military Psychiatric Department
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 25, 2016
I managed a pool of clients that had mental issues from the military. I found in and out patient facilities as needed. Followed up with their care.
Productive and Great place to Work
Customer Service Representative I - Ops (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJune 25, 2016
In my current position, I come to work and know what the goals of all employees are. I work with very knowledgeable supervisors. Though the goals set of employees are exceptionally high, management provide every avenue possible for their employees to achieve them. This is a great place to work.
A job not a career
Membership Accounting Representative I (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJune 23, 2016
Overall a decent company to work for. Some managers are more knowledgeable than others. Hard to get promoted. Some of the computer software was out dated.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
No Growth Opportunities
Great co-workers
Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJune 22, 2016
Worked with the best teams at Health Net. Hope those who remain will do well with the new culture and management style following the acquisition.
Neat idea, needs more industry acceptance
IT Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wixom, MIJune 17, 2016
New age of technology to help the everyday chronic illness. The ability to monitor from home instead of going to the hospital all the time.