Health Network Laboratories Employee Reviews

Productive,fun place to work
Clinical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Allentown/Bethlehem/Easton, PADecember 21, 2016
Awesome co-coworkers,management well trained and very helpful
Learning new things everyday,awesome place to work,excellent benefits,excellent place to share your knowledge to patients
Doctors and fellow employees
Pros
Awesome co-workers, excellent benefits
Cons
productive but to much turn over
Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 12, 2016
Day was so busy you never looked at the clock.

learned all aspects of the pathology/histology departments.

Management was not fair to all and alot of turn around.

co-workers made the day fun. alot of turn around due to management.

Hardest part was working with the chemicals.

Most enjoyable was knowing you were helping a patient.
Pros
benefits and helping patients
Cons
management and staff turn around
Productive and Continuous Improvement
Laboratory Technologist, Generalist (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 6, 2016
Health Network Laboratories is affiliated with Lehigh Valley Health Network Hospital. HNL is a good company to work for. It offers very good benefits. There is a lot to learn in this company as there are improvements everyday and changes are made at a fast pace. Co-worker at HNL are very understanding and helpful. The hardest part of the job is to keep up with all the changes that occur frequently, however this also makes it enjoyable as you get to learn new and different ways to perform the task.
Leadership is worthless
Coder/Biller (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAOctober 28, 2016
Management is very unprofessional
Coders are not certified, therefore they do not know guidelines. Things are coded incorrectly and denied
Whispering and gossip by employees and managers
Coding and Billing department is a year behind
Nepotism
Antiquated
Medical office (Former Employee) –  Allentown/Bethlehem/Easton, PANovember 4, 2016
It amazes me that the job ad says ICD9 knowledge and not ICD-10 knowledge given that ICD10 is what is used now. Shows you how antiquated they are. Obviously they are reusing an ad and never proof-read.
This company is bad news. Do not work for them.
Pros
When I think of any I will let you know
Cons
Uncertified employee says but ad calls for needing to be certified. ????
Tastes like medicine
Histotechnologist (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PADecember 7, 2013
HNL is a great place to work for a person who mostly value job security and benefits. This place receive a huge volume of specimen that guarantees (work and sometimes overtime) everyday. However, it suffers in the area of professionalism, good job culture, and competitive pay. For management, there is a close tie between Techs and immediate supervisor. However, this tie seems to be missing when it comes to upper level management. Co-workers are friendly and funny for the most part but sometimes tension arise. The hardest part of work is dealing with the volume when absenteeism occurs. The most enjoyable part is the people you work with that get you through the day.
Pros
Job security and Benefits
Cons
Short breaks, Compensation and lack of professionalism
A place where innovative, self starters can succeed
Chief Information Officer (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAMarch 19, 2016
HNL is looking to change the way health care is delivered and how diagnostic laboratories services are valued and in this era of major change those willing to take risks and promote big ideas are encouraged and appreciated in the organization.
Pros
Employee focused management team, responsible corporate citizenship and patient / consumer driven care and value driven.
Cons
Takes time to adopt radical changes throughout the organization
Horrible
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lehigh StreetAugust 17, 2013
Management is treated like royalty. HR dept is lousy. So if you have a problem they will not help you they stick with management and could care less about the hard working employees. If your looking for a job with little stress do not apply here. Co-workers are ok alot of gossip. Did I mention before it is time for a raise they look for reasons to write you up so you don't get raise. A co-worker worked there for 4 years and never got a raise
Pros
Close to Home
Cons
No team Work
great place to work
Web Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Allentown,PAApril 29, 2013
Great medical benefits and work life balance. Very happy to have worked there.
Productive and fun place to work
PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee) –  Fogelsville, PAFebruary 17, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Health Network Laboratories. The company was extremely professional and I looked forward to going to work everyday. If I was to move back to the East Coast I would definitely apply there again.
If you get hired and management doesn't like you you are doomed from the start
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 15, 2014
This place is a joke! This company is afraid to hire outside the company for management positions. Instead they promote employees from within the department but don't bother to give them any form of leadership training, so you are most likely going to get stuck with a manager who can't lead a department or have any type of leadership skills and who is afraid of confrontation. There is a GREAT deal of favoritism within the company. If you don't brown nose the management constantly or are a part of a "click" you are treated as an outsider. This place is poison and a terrible place to work!!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Payroll system, management, collegues, parking
Fast paced, stressful, but fun.
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 7, 2012
Overall, I loved my job at HNL. It was very fast paced, which made the time go by very quickly. I learned a lot about body fluids, tests performed, entering information correctly, and how important the "unsung" heros are. I am not really sure how to comment on the management there. On one hand, they were great and on another, not so much. I think the hardest part of the job was the constant changing of procedures and computer systems. Lets face it, no one really likes change, but you deal with it, learn it, and move on. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was rectifying a mistake or problem to make the whole system work a little better the next time. It is unbelievable how many things can go wrong or need to be altered when working with body fluids and peoples test results. I would like to think that while I was there, I was a big help in making sure people received their correct results in a timely fashion.
Pros
4 weeks vacation and the opportunity ti grow with the company.
Cons
working in a laboratory, with sick peoples fluids, people tend to get sick themselves and call off a lot. working shorthanded is never fun, but it can be done!
Enjoyable place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PADecember 4, 2012
My day started at 0400 I went to draw at my nursing home,then called to help others.0730 I opened up the outpatient center which I registered patients,blood draws & drug screens.Management came to our office twice a week other than that we managed ourselves.The group of people i worked with was nice and fun to work with most days.The beginning of the month was the hardest part of the job being really busy, but we got the job done.The most enjoyable part was the atmosphere of the work place.
Pros
flexibiltyin hours
Cons
work schedule incomplete or not correct
I work in a sales office of a medical laboratory.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PADecember 9, 2013
Some days are very hectic, but other days can be on the slow side. I prefer having a steady pace and to feel valuable. I obtained my BS so I could grow my career but since I don't have a clinical background, they feel I don't have a placement in a company I have been with for 15 years now. I enjoy the people I work with. Our sales team is a great group of people but the job I obtain is not challenging enough for me.
Pros
annual bonus
Cons
nowhere to take lunches/breaks
Great crew to work with, best in the business
Courier (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 17, 2015
It was a pleasure to work with my fellow employees. I was based in Lancaster and we very seldom seen any supervisors at all.
Excellent work place, Have great co-workers
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAApril 30, 2015
Great Organization, I'm looking for job advancement. Always willing to gain more knowledge in the field. Highly recommend HNL. I have great bosses.
Great Company
Applications/Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PASeptember 29, 2013
This is a great company, because they do offer a great overall package. Although there is a down side a lot of the people who work here have worked here very long and there is not always room for advancement.
Excellent co-workers
Phlebotomist/Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 10, 2013
A typical day at the lab was very busy. We saw from 125-160 patients per day of which I took care of 50 or more alone. My co-workers were a family. Our patients were very important to all of us.
The hardest part of the job was trying to get the patients out, paperwork done, and specimens processed and ready for pick-up in a timely manner and without error.
Pros
get to meet many people
Cons
many times there is no break and leave long after closing
Friendly employees and well accomidating for family issues (appointments) that can arise during work day.
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 12, 2015
Enjoy working with knowledgable co workers who will always help out with training. Left alone to navigate and work the most efficiently on the tasks assigned.
Pros
family friendly atmosphere
Cons
unstable
Busy Hospital Lab
Medical Laboratory Tech (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 30, 2012
A difficult place to work if you wish to advance or grow, Stressful. Not a place where they apply the rules fairly. Scheduling is terrible. Management is unresponsive.
Pros
decent pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Health Network Laboratories. Our community is ready to answer.