Health Network Laboratories

Health Network Laboratories Employer Reviews

If you get hired and management doesn't like you you are doomed from the start
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Allentown, PANovember 15, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: payroll system, management, collègues, parking
This place is a joke! This company is afraid to hire outside the company for management positions. Instead they promote employees from within the department but don't bother to give them any form of leadership training, so you are most likely going to get stuck with a manager who can't lead a department or have any type of leadership skills and who is afraid of confrontation. There is a GREAT deal of favoritism within the company. If you don't brown nose the management constantly or are a part of a "click" you are treated as an outsider. This place is poison and a terrible place to work!!
Was a good place to work.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Glen Gardner, NJFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: enjoyed co-workers
Worked at a permanent site for this company. loved my job. Was very enjoyable working at a psychiatric hospital. Enjoyed fellow employees, they were great to work with. And my boss was great.
great bennifits if you live in Allentown or that area
Phlebotomist (mobile) (Current Employee), allentownJanuary 28, 2014
Phlebotomy department Supervisor are so out of touch with what goes on and they have their favorites. Enjoyed my job until the makeup came of the company and I woke up to the real them.
I work in a sales office of a medical laboratory.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Allentown, PADecember 9, 2013
Pros: annual bonus
Cons: nowhere to take lunches/breaks
Some days are very hectic, but other days can be on the slow side. I prefer having a steady pace and to feel valuable. I obtained my BS so I could grow my career but since I don't have a clinical background, they feel I don't have a placement in a company I have been with for 15 years now. I enjoy the people I work with. Our sales team is a great group of people but the job I obtain is not challenging enough for me.
Tastes like medicine
Histotechnologist (Current Employee), Allentown, PADecember 7, 2013
Pros: job security and benefits
Cons: short breaks, compensation and lack of professionalism
HNL is a great place to work for a person who mostly value job security and benefits. This place receive a huge volume of specimen that guarantees (work and sometimes overtime) everyday. However, it suffers in the area of professionalism, good job culture, and competitive pay. For management, there is a close tie between Techs and immediate supervisor. However, this tie seems to be missing when it comes to upper level management. Co-workers are friendly and funny for the most part but sometimes tension arise. The hardest part of work is dealing with the volume when absenteeism occurs. The most enjoyable part is the people you work with that get you through the day.
Excellent co-workers
Phlebotomist/Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Allentown, PANovember 10, 2013
Pros: get to meet many people
Cons: many times there is no break and leave long after closing
A typical day at the lab was very busy. We saw from 125-160 patients per day of which I took care of 50 or more alone. My co-workers were a family. Our patients were very important to all of us.
The hardest part of the job was trying to get the patients out, paperwork done, and specimens processed and ready for pick-up in a timely manner and without error.
Great Company
Applications/Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Allentown, PASeptember 29, 2013
This is a great company, because they do offer a great overall package. Although there is a down side a lot of the people who work here have worked here very long and there is not always room for advancement.
Horrible
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Lehigh StreetAugust 17, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: no team work
Management is treated like royalty. HR dept is lousy. So if you have a problem they will not help you they stick with management and could care less about the hard working employees. If your looking for a job with little stress do not apply here. Co-workers are ok alot of gossip. Did I mention before it is time for a raise they look for reasons to write you up so you don't get raise. A co-worker worked there for 4 years and never got a raise
horrible place to work, i wouldnt suggest getting blood work done there either or suggest contracting with them if you're a nursing home
phlebotomist (Former Employee), allentown, paAugust 9, 2013
Cons: no breaks, no consideration for well being of employees, always put in unsafe situation & employees r treated badly & talked down to.
disgusting place to work for. employees treated badly & taken advantage of, older employees treated badly trying to force them to quit & making work harder so they can fire them & they lose everything. gross inappropriate sexual behavior, conversations, & relationships. alot of things get covered up.
great place to work
Web Application Developer (Former Employee), Allentown,PAApril 29, 2013
Great medical benefits and work life balance. Very happy to have worked there.
Enjoyable place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Lancaster, PADecember 4, 2012
Pros: flexibiltyin hours
Cons: work schedule incomplete or not correct
My day started at 0400 I went to draw at my nursing home,then called to help others.0730 I opened up the outpatient center which I registered patients,blood draws & drug screens.Management came to our office twice a week other than that we managed ourselves.The group of people i worked with was nice and fun to work with most days.The beginning of the month was the hardest part of the job being really busy, but we got the job done.The most enjoyable part was the atmosphere of the work place.
Fast paced, stressful, but fun.
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Allentown, PANovember 7, 2012
Pros: 4 weeks vacation and the opportunity ti grow with the company.
Cons: working in a laboratory, with sick peoples fluids, people tend to get sick themselves and call off a lot. working shorthanded is never fun, but it can be done!
Overall, I loved my job at HNL. It was very fast paced, which made the time go by very quickly. I learned a lot about body fluids, tests performed, entering information correctly, and how important the "unsung" heros are. I am not really sure how to comment on the management there. On one hand, they were great and on another, not so much. I think the hardest part of the job was the constant changing of procedures and computer systems. Lets face it, no one really likes change, but you deal with it, learn it, and move on. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was rectifying a mistake or problem to make the whole system work a little better the next time. It is unbelievable how many things can go wrong or need to be altered when working with body fluids and peoples test results. I would like to think that while I was there, I was a big help in making sure people received their correct results in a timely fashion.
Busy Hospital Lab
Medical Laboratory Tech (Current Employee), Allentown, PAMay 30, 2012
Pros: decent pay
A difficult place to work if you wish to advance or grow, Stressful. Not a place where they apply the rules fairly. Scheduling is terrible. Management is unresponsive.

About Health Network Laboratories

Based in Allentown, Pennsylvania, Health Network Laboratories is a multi-regional medical laboratory with technologically advanced – Read more