HPC is a non-profit Community Health Center that provides access to medical, dental, behavioral health and support services to all individuals regardless of ability to pay.
The Patient Service Representative is the face of Health Partnership Clinic. He/she is responsible for greeting and checking in patients, answering phone calls and documenting accurate patient information. The PSR will also schedule and confirm appointments, ensure accurate patient insurance information, explain billing procedures, collect co-payments and deductibles.
- Greets and checks in patients when they arrive to the clinic.
- Maintains a high level of customer service with patients and their family members, staff and providers.
- Obtains necessary forms, scans documents and accurately enters the patient information for registration.
- Ensures all insurance, personal and health information is obtained and verified prior to each patient’s appointment.
- Maintains a full schedule and confirms patient appointments.
- Responds to heavy volume of incoming calls for appointments and other requests.
- Collects patient insurance co-payments, co-insurance and deductibles.
- Explains and collects prior balances, payment policy/billing procedures and patient financial responsibility.
- Other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or GED, and minimum one year of experience in a customer service position, preferably in a medical practice setting. Spanish speaking experience preferred. Experience answering telephones and computer proficiency required.