The Patient Navigator is a fulltime position who performs coordination services for individuals eligible for public health benefits. Employee is given latitude in carrying out work. General instructions regarding work assignments and guidelines for performing work may be given either orally or in writing. Progress in meeting performance expectations and priority objectives is monitored through regular meetings between the employee and supervisor.
- Coordinate tract and conduct periodic assessments, follow-up and referral activities.
- Assist individuals enroll in programs such as KanCare and the Health Insurance Marketplace
- Maintain security of confidential records
- Provide technical assistance, consultation, and culturally appropriate health information to low-income individuals.
- Conduct community outreach activities
- collect data and participates in data analysis
- attend staff meetings and training events
- Develops and collaborates with the annual work plans for the program and priority objectives for the position.
- Other duties as assigned by the COO
Education and Experience:
- Preferred candidate will be licensed bachelors level social worker, or have bachelors degree in behavioral science, social science, or education. High School diploma required.
- Experience working in a community health setting is preferred.
- Spanish speaking ability preferred.
- Ability to relate well with patients and other health care personnel.
- Social and cultural sensitivity appropriate to ethnically and economically diverse patient and employee base.
- Willingness to educate patients and the community in health maintenance and the role of the health care team
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Commitment to expanding access to care for the underserved.
Indeed - 5 months ago