Health Plan Services Employee Reviews

Customer Service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FLJuly 26, 2017
no stability, shift changes whenever they feel. too many layoffs . no job security. no job advancement pretty much stuck in one department. now i have a better job
Gained a lot of experience
RETENTION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 11, 2017
They are a third party administrator for health insurance providers. I gained a lot of experience while working there and they have opportunities to move up in the company.
Pros
They really care about their employees
Cons
uncertainties with the health insurance market
Wouldn't recommend.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 26, 2017
Been with the company for 4+ yrs. Only benefit may work from home depending on your reviews. Other than that would say the company lacks leadership from the low level supervisors to the upper management. Great managers are fired rather than promoted to upper management that can turn the company around.
Pros
work from home.
Cons
management
Productive fun work place with ping pong tables
Billing Processor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 26, 2017
Typical work day is productive, learned new skills with processing, work place culture is diverse. Hardest part i figuring out what adjustments are needed on policies. Most enjoyable part is resolving billing issues.
It was a very productive place, they had tournament of ping pong. We learn new things everyday, and they alway give you opportunities to learn more.
Marketplace (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 19, 2017
It was a very productive place, they had tournament of ping pong. We learn new things everyday, and they always give you opportunities to learn more.
Pros
2 breaks
Cons
short lunches
fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 19, 2017
learned how to sign customers up for health insurance. The most hard part about the job is rude customers calling in wanting help but talk to you any way.
Overall it's a good job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 18, 2017
I have learned a lot at HPS they trained me in all area. The staff is friendly and they are eager to help you. My experience here have been pleasant.
Pros
They givie excellent training
Cons
The employee are uncertain will be there tomorrow.
Company is okay
834 processor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 15, 2017
Keep looking for better jobs everyone here is for them selves management never know anything they have layoff every month to point you dont know if your job is safe here or not
if you want longevity this is the place
Billing/Enrollment Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 15, 2017
Answering calls about life and disability insurance hardest part was not being taken seriously when trying to move up in the company and the most enjoyable was paid time off and the good working environment
Somewhere To Be Just To Get By
Integrated Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 13, 2017
Do Not Apply If Your Looking For Stability. They Will Lie To Keep You There Turn Over Rate Is EXTREMELY High. Never again the pay was little for what we did.
Health Plan Services
Treasury Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 12, 2017
Overall good place to work. They believe in family and treat you as a 2nd family.

Management helps you to become your best self. Always ready to help you achieve your goals.

A typical day in the office would be checking emails to see what maybe Urgent if any, then move on to daily responsibilities.

I would say the hardest part of the job would be meeting deadlines overall with each member of the team doing their part on time.

I have learned a lot, as far as systems that we use, that would be helpful throughout my career.

The most enjoyable part of my job, is that we treat each other as family. We all work well together.
Freindly and knowledgable employees
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 11, 2017
I was hired on as a temp for the up coming healthcare deadline under Obama Care. Having never done this type of work before HealthPlan Services offered a training program. In 5-6 weeks I was able to pass my state test. Over all it was a great experience
Fun and relaxed place to work with a ping pong table.
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 30, 2017
Health Plan Services was a great place to work and management was awesome. Everyone was extremely professional and training was a breeze. A typical day at work was easy and relaxed. The calls were somewhat challenging but that was to be expected. The hardest part of the job was getting assistance with a difficult call when management was stuck in a meeting. The most enjoyable part was getting to work with new people and establishing great relationships with new people. Assisting the health care members was also exciting for the most part.
Pros
friendly atmosphere, multiple breaks, very clean
Cons
Only part time, no job advancement
job security
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 25, 2017
health plan services really is a laid back enviornment but the stability of job security is not with that company you can be let go without even knowing what hit you
Fun collaborative place to work.
Sr. Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 12, 2017
The job was never easy. Given the nature of the business, the system is a bunch of complex parts put together. It was both challenging and rewarding serving multiple clients with different needs within one environment.
fun workplace
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 8, 2017
I enjoyed working here and would recommend it to another applicant and loved working for an organization that’s leading the future of the industry and was upset the contract ended.
below
834 Recon Processor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 27, 2017
excellent work atmosphere, great leadership, always challenging. good benefits package, rate of pay, work schedule. Our services fill a great need; lifts employee self esteem.
Pros
excellent leadership team
Cons
none.
Na
Recall Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33612April 22, 2017
Very good company to work at nice pwople to work with. Pay good very good help when needed.very flexible schedule good company in all to work at work there until i had my son
Fun workplace
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 18, 2017
I loved coming to work every morning because it felt like family. I enjoyed all the theme day activities that the company allowed the representatives to have.
Pros
Family base environment
Cons
short breaks
hps
Billing Processor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 11, 2017
day at the office back to bsack calls upset policyholders for health insurance about paynot to get insurance at the market place
management dont know what they are doing
constant change
leaving hps
release people after open enrollment is over
Pros
no pros
Cons
need to be more stable