Health Plan Services

Health Plan Services United States Employee Reviews

Great Company
Customer service Rep (Current Employee), Charlotte, North CarolinaApril 16, 2015
Great experience with health insurance. Allows you to learn more as far as healthcare. I have grown since working at this company and have gained the true meaning of customer service. I would recommend anyone to get more familiar with the health care system. Good environment very relaxing and laid back.
How is it?
Customer Care (Current Employee), Tampa TflApril 16, 2015
Working here is nice co-workers are great benefits and pay is good they make you feel right at home when you walk in the door
Great People, but Certain Management Needs to be purged
Systems & Product Instructor (Current Employee), Tampa, FLApril 14, 2015
Pros: PTO
Cons: Poor Upper Management, Poor Health Benefits, Poor 401K
The people have a strong desire to do a good job, but upper management lacks the people skills to produce high productivity from all which in turn is causing low productivity in certain areas, high turn over rates and low moral.
Customer Service
Customer Service, Underwriter (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 18, 2015
Pros: helping customers
Cons: management
Service medical issues with employees. Plan was a self funded plan that the company wrote explaining and verifying benefits to the plan. Handling issues regarding there policy. I did not like that I was not able to tell the customer that the company is not covering an item that this insurance plan it written by the company and is not an insured fully funded plan.
answer calls for clients to enroll in a health insurance
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 2, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
• Handle difficult calls, complains and problem solving.
• Answer inbound calls from members providing medical benefit information.
• Maintain current sources and reference documents.
• Interacted professionally with employees, customers and suppliers
• Assist in training new team members and assist supervisor with various team assignments
Good place to work if you put in the effort to be successful
Customer Care Associate (Current Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: company wide events including heart walk, yearly appreciation events
Cons: health benefits are just "okay", compensation should be reviewed for an increase especially for those obtaining more expertise
During a typical day I would answer 50-90 calls from members and brokers depending on the volume of calls coming in. This position was in a premium billing/enrollment call center for individual health insurance plans. The management team that I worked under was pretty excellent! They were always on top of new developments.

Anytime you work with customers you run the risk of speaking to irate people. This comes with the territory of a call center, and I would say this was the most challenging part about the position.

The best thing about the position is getting the opportunity to explain health insurance to customers who can be very unsure and confused about how everything works. I enjoyed speaking to them and experiencing that moment where everything "Clicked" for them.

Some of the biggest things to know going into a position with HPS: you should always strive to meet ALL your metrics (number of calls per day, adherence, call quality). Obviously when you're first starting out there will be a grace period for you to adjust. After a couple months they will expect you to meet metrics. Also, you should know that they take punctuality and attendance pretty seriously. As long as you are on time and present when you are supposed to be, you won't have a problem!
Fast paced
Customer Care Agent (Current Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 3, 2015
Typical day taking 75 calls or more learned how to research for missing payments on a health policy and to adjust and move payments from one policy to another
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: no real advancement
It is an amazing place to work at. The people are amazing the call center is up to date. Management for the most part cares about their staff. The main downside is there is not really any real advancement. You kinda get toogled around to see if you got it but it takes forever to actually move up. Which makes if your a good and responsible employee mean that you will increase your work load but not your pay or your position.
productive fun fast past work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 29, 2014
its a all around awesome job.. I really enjoyed the environment, everybody is fair across the board... I worked for them for 2months then they laid me off because it was a temp job for open enrollment
Position and Business Transition
Claims and Services Supervisor (Former Employee), Hilliard, OhioDecember 27, 2014
Loyal and Dedicated Staff

Strong Management

Excellent Training
Nice work place
Account Resolution Specialist (Current Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 7, 2014
Nice employees and great people working and wonderful, strong co-workers
Sales Agent (Former Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 29, 2014
This company is a third party administrator. The have contracts with various companies around the Tampa Bay area.
Great people and great position
Case Implementation Specialist (Current Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: i am allowed to work from home
Cons: benefits are employee paid, raises are scarce and layoffs are frequent.
My typical day at work is pleasant. I enjoy my position and the people that I work with. Management is okay. I believe communication among other things could be improved. The hardest part of my job is the turn around. I have a family to take care of so it is hard to perform when you feel your position is not very stable. The most enjoyable part of my job is feeling satisfied when i am able to accomplish my to do list while keeping my customers happy. That is very fufilling and encourages me to keep working my best.
Great Experience
Customer Support Representative (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 28, 2014
Great Company & People, Taking Inbound Calls And Providing Great customer Care, 50 Calls Was A Daily Goal
This job afforded me the opportunity to mutitask which is one the many task I love.
Special Action Claims Examiner (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 9, 2014
Pros: fulltime permanent, great medical insurance benefits.
Cons: initially it took some getting use to, working from home after 30 odd of working from the office, but with discipline it became very natural and i loved it.
I processed, audit, trained and reviewed dental x-rays for the accurate processing of dental claims as a remote worker.
Beware
IT (Current Employee), TampaMay 28, 2014
Pros: flex time
Cons: high employee turnover, outdated technology, poor management
To echo what another reviewer stated, your IT career will end here. The technology is very old...ancient. There is no chance for advancement, or to learn or work with newer technology. Many overtime hours, while the pay rate is far below the standard for the industry. The employee turnover rate is extremely high, especially in IT. The highest I have seen at a company in my career. They are steadily increasing the outsourcing. There is no job security. Management at all levels is inept. Most peers are friendly and helpful, but the stress over job security is obvious, and has increased greatly the past couple of years.
Productive and Growing
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 19, 2014
A typical day at work was very busy and productive
I learned about health insurance and the billing potion
Management was great and very helpful with solving issues at hand
My co workers were great everyone got along and communicated together to achieve one goal and that's the customer
The hardest part about the job was when i was not able to help the customer
The most enjoyable part of the job was resolving the customer issues and hearing them smile
Fast paced productive work environment
Customer Retention Representative (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 30, 2014
Pros: company promotions like ice cream socials
Cons: temp job
Great job, answered customer inquisitions, helped customers choose plans that fit their needs.
Annual HIPPA training
Great supportive management team
Wonderful supportive co-workers
Very poor work life balance
Senior QA Analyst\EDI SME (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 10, 2014
HPS has a very poor work life balance often working 12-20 hours a day and 6-7 days a weeks for months on end. Frequent mass layoffs. The leadership team does not appreciate the staff.
Sales Analyst / Salesforce Administrator (Current Employee), Tampa, FlApril 3, 2014
This is a great place to work and build quality experience! :-)

About Health Plan Services

When HealthPlan Services (HPS) was founded more than 32 years ago, we offered a handful of traditional indemnity medical plans – Read more

Health Plan Services Salaries