HEALTH PLAN OF SAN JOAQUIN Employee Reviews

Worst place I've ever worked
Accountant (Former Employee) –  French Camp, CAJuly 24, 2016
This was the worst company I've ever worked for. No training, unorganized, threatened daily to finish something I had only half the components to work with. Management is a joke. Some got away with certain things while others were held accountable. Micromanagement of breaks and lunches and getting out of your seat period. Most ridiculous place I've ever worked. Unprofessional and rude employees, management. I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Everything else
HPSJ a place that put community first.
Case Manager and Pre-authorization RN (Former Employee) –  French Camp, CAJune 23, 2016
HPSJ was a very enjoyable place to work. they gave me the opportunity to grow and learn in an environment where they were willing to train me in an area that I did not have a lot of experience in. I came away with a wealth of knowledge and for that I am truly grateful. My coworkers took me under their wing and taught me everything they knew about the job which helped me tremendously, The management always had an open door policy and wanted us to succeed.
Pros
freindly staff
Cons
working from a temp company
Unorganized, and ghetto
Adminstrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  French Camp, CAJune 29, 2016
My first day was very unorganized. It took IT dept. 5 days to set me up with a computer so i can start my training.So i sat around untill then. I didnt even have cubicle i sat in the copy room. When training did start it was very vague. The girl who was training me was being transfered to another dept. in the 2 weeks or so. I only got 2 days of training. I was very lost. I had no one to ask questions to. Dress code there is ri·dic·u·lous the people there dress as thou going out to a night club. I only lasted a month and i left. I didnt even notice.
Pros
Hours
Extremely poor image
NA (Former Employee) –  French Camp, CAMay 16, 2016
Assessment test was beyond difficult and I just began guessing on the answers.
As an administrative assistant I do not see a need to know how to rotate an image in a document or change its gradient. If that is HPSJ's administrative assistant job requirements, perhaps that should be written into it. Also we were late to be taken to the testing area. HR staff was very unprofessional as well as rude. Thanks but no thanks from me. You must treat all employees, as well as prospective employees, with respect.
I read other reviews and it shows that what I encountered during an assessment test appointment was not just my opinion.
It was a Great Place when i started
Intake Processor (Current Employee) –  French Camp, caJuly 16, 2015
it has turned into a small sweat shop, I enjoy my position and the co-workers i just don't care for how upper Management has brought down moral
Pros
used to have great benefits
Cons
upper Management
Local Health Care Company
Contract Coordinator (Former Employee) –  French Camp, CAOctober 4, 2014
Local medical insurance company serving the central valley of California.
Pros
Rewarding work
Cons
Low pay, a company in transition, greatly increased medical benefits and administrative day cut from current employees
Productive environment encourages creativity
RN Certified Case Manager w/CCP AATMC (Former Employee) –  French Camp, CAAugust 19, 2013
Hours are variable. HR will work with Staff for desirable hours to be worked.
Management is currently restructuring as there have been many changes from CEO down.
Co-worker support is superior. There are extreemly hard working individuals in the company.
Hardest part of job is policy and procedure management.
Autonomy is an attainable goal for professionals.
Telecommuting and working from home is another attainable goal for professionals.
Pros
New surroundings, good equipment with IT department that is state of the art. Beautiful walking area, pathways many.
Cons
Lunch room machines, No cafeteria on site. No fast food restaurants within 1/2 mile.
Enjoy working with the Community
Health Navigator (Current Employee) –  California Children ServicesJanuary 20, 2016
Enjoy co-workers and being able to assist our local community with healthcare. Working closely with our providers and community.
Worked with 3 other RN's that were fun and knowledgeable
RN Case Manager/Utilization Review (Former Employee) –  French Camp, CAJuly 29, 2015
Would review patients recently admitted to San Joaquin General Hospital and using milliman guidelines determined how long they should stay, then I would walk over to the hospital, meet each patient and give them a packet from HPSJ and let them know we are interested in their care and return to better health.
Pros
Challenging learning a new position
Cons
cement floor hurt my feet, training was sketchy and insufficent
Very diverse duties, and multi-cultural organization
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAAugust 16, 2014
I learned a lot about a variety of cultures and languages, and found myself jumping into complicated management situations and helping to solve complex problems. I had free reign to design new product lines and establish far-reaching ties with many different communities.
Horrible
Director (Former Employee) –  French Camp, CAFebruary 26, 2015
This is the most toxic and hostile environment I have ever been in.The culture is changing but not in a good way. The senior management team is incompetent and lies daily to promote their own agenda.
Cons
Leadership and jobs are ever changing.
Concurrent Review Nurse (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 7, 2015
Local company that has good goals of providing service to the medi-cal population.
Wonderful support staff.
There is constant change of leadership.
Pros
Local company
Cons
Constant turnover of leadership roles
love working with co workers
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  modestoApril 22, 2015
the co worker are great, supervisor treat employees bad and tend to not respond back to response for any days you want off or ask to switch with co workers
Great Job!
Temporary Assignment (Current Employee) –  French Camp, CAJuly 4, 2014
Wonderful place where the staff go above and beyond to assist the people of the San Joaquin County.
Very dedicated workforce
Director, Customer Service (Current Employee) –  French Camp, CAOctober 8, 2014
Very busy workplace, living its value and vision everyday.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HEALTH PLAN OF SAN JOAQUIN. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9