HEALTH PLAN OF SAN JOAQUIN Employee Reviews

stressful
Data Warehouse QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  French Camp, CAJanuary 18, 2018
poor management is an unnecessary stress for resources
there is a lot and exciting stuff to learn, unfortunately there is no time to properly learn stuff
HPSJ was an enjoyable employment
IT Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  French Camp, CAJanuary 9, 2018
HPSJ is a developing company and experiencing the stresses and issues of a young company. As you would expect, there were not many documented processes, but they are learning quickly to accept the best practices in each department.
Hostile Work Environment
Compliance (Former Employee) –  French Camp, CADecember 18, 2017
This is my third review attempt. The last two were very detailed yet didn't make it to being published. This time, I just selected a rating. Unable to recall any positive experiences to share. Some helpful advice, insurance premiums are very expensive.
Cons
Micro-management
Dedication
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CANovember 13, 2017
Have to have dedication and commitment to work here I got fired because my home was broken into and I had to call in. You have to be at work no excuses this place is REDICULOYSLY strict.. maybe that's why they are always hiring.
Helping Others
Eligibility Representative (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAOctober 12, 2017
Assist families with enrolling into a managed care plan over the phone or in person
Completing Medical application over the phone, via email & in person
Supports Community Health Advocate staff by assisting in eligibility, utilization and retention activities.
Educate and screen potential Health Plan of San Joaquin members for State sponsored programs eligibility.
Conduct outreach and retention calls for new and re-certified health plan members.
time to move on
Concurrent review nurse / Inpatient Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAOctober 12, 2017
poor management
moral bad
good benefits
micro managers
work is long hours with little reward
poor work life balance
union is horrible , no support from human resources
It is a good place to work with good benefits
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  French Camp, CASeptember 22, 2017
Very high volume of calls, we assist members-providers non stop throughout the day. Hardest part is not seeing the queue get any smaller. I really enjoy having weekends off.
Pros
Off early and weekends off
Not A Good Company to Work For
Associate (Former Employee) –  French Camp, CAJune 6, 2017
Punch a timeclock, very high turnover, micro-management, very small work areas, meetings, meetings, and more meetings, selfish executives, needs extermination (rats/mice in cubicles/drawers), managers are allowed to bully subordinates, worst training, heavy workload light pay. Do not waste your time here...you can do better!!!
Pros
Cats in parking lot and $2 jean days
Cons
Very active workplace with lots to offer
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  French Camp, CAMay 26, 2017
HPSJ is a very fast paced workplace, which asks a lot of it's staff but give a lot in return. The staff are extremely dedicated. They have grown tremendously over the last two years. There are constantly many projects and work groups to get involved in that provide many opportunities to learn new technologies and practices. Again, pace is quick; would recommend to anyone who likes this type of environment.
Pros
Peers are dedicated, good benefits
Cons
Office is remote, not much activity nearby
great core values for employees
Patient health navigator (Current Employee) –  7751 South Manthey RoadMay 26, 2017
Our Vision
Continuously improve the health of our community.

Our Mission
We provide healthcare value and advance wellness through community partnerships.

Our Values
Accountability We are responsible to others, and accept responsibility for our actions and their outcomes.
Dedication We are willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
Diversity We respect the uniqueness of individuals, their ideas, thoughts and needs.
Integrity We are respectful, trustworthy, and honest in our communications and actions.
Stewardship We are judicious and prudent in the use of the resources with which we are entrusted.
Team Work We actively engage, collaborate, and partner with each
Pros
Case management team
Cons
kind of catty and high stress, CCRNS feel superior
A Billing job you will learn from !
American Medical Response Ambulance (Former Employee) –  Salida, CAMay 11, 2017
Loved and enjoyed staff, co-workers, and management. There is always something new to learn here. Disliked certain Supervisors, their stress would be taken off on billers.
Work schedule was amazing, you had the option to start between 6-8 am, no set schedule (flexible)
Pros
Co-Workers, Health benefits, Work Schedules
Cons
Respect level received from certain Supervisors
Horror Story
Employee (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAApril 28, 2017
Health Plan of San Joaquin is a company that is only still around in due part of the state of CA. Internally the company is a mess and far behind other companies. They mainly use a tempt agency for hiring, simply so they suck the life out of the employee. If you make one mistake, they will likely term you during your first 90 days. The Director of CS has no idea what he is doing,and gets by, simply because he feels like he can bully people around. He is more consumed about his divorce. As a rep, if you are more then 30 seconds late from breaks, lunches or logging into work it's consider a tardy. Your only allow 4 tardies before you get a verbal, written etc... Training is a joke, and they expect you to be a pro and make no mistake after 2 weeks of training. The company has a high turn over rate and HR knows about this but doesn't bother to take a look into this. They look the other way. HR will post a job, but will not give you the courtesy of interviewing. They give the Job to someone they know. The pay is not worth the stress. As a rep your looking at $13-$15 an hour. They don't have an established process for documents. If the manger or management doesn't like you or, as a rep if you challenge them, they will do anything to fire you. So beware, if hired guard yourself and don't stop looking for a better job.
Pros
Cons
Horrible Director, Bad Management, Bad Training
Former employee
Former employee (Former Employee) –  French Camp, CAApril 9, 2017
WORST PLACE TO WORK. Most employees are very friendly, nice and are good people. They fill you with advancement possibilities that never happen. Your co worker that train you , seem to be threatened by your expertise. They use you to the fullest.
I would never recommend this place to anyone.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere.
Cons
All bad
High turnover
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  French Camp, CAMarch 22, 2017
The current CEO came in and stripped benefits (vacation, sick, holidays, salaries) causing staff to unionize after 17 years. Once a stable environment has now turned into a churning of staff in and out. Tax payers dollars are wasted at this public agency on Executive and upper management bonuses, extremely high salaries. Do not leave your job to work at Health Plan of San Joaquin. The environment is in total disarray.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Everything else
Good company but not if your looking for growth
Nurse (Current Employee) –  French Camp, CAMarch 8, 2017
It's really a good company- great mission and vision, benefits are okay. The union sucks and gets a lot from employees . What I do not like is there are no opportunities for advancement and growth. Upper Management gives employees limitations as to what positions they can get. Otherwise, work and life balance is good and pay is okay. Politics will always play a role and it's just a sad reality.
Nice place to be
Marketing Development Membership Representative (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAFebruary 26, 2017
Health Plan of San Joaquin is a good environment to learn in. The people there are hardworking and very friendly. Culture is diverse and we are always looking for unique ways to give back to the communities we work with.
Worst place I've ever worked
Accountant (Former Employee) –  French Camp, CAJuly 24, 2016
This was the worst company I've ever worked for. No training, unorganized, threatened daily to finish something I had only half the components to work with. Management is a joke. Some got away with certain things while others were held accountable. Micromanagement of breaks and lunches and getting out of your seat period. Most ridiculous place I've ever worked. Unprofessional and rude employees, management. I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Everything else
Unorganized, and ghetto
Adminstrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  French Camp, CAJune 29, 2016
My first day was very unorganized. It took IT dept. 5 days to set me up with a computer so i can start my training.So i sat around untill then. I didnt even have cubicle i sat in the copy room. When training did start it was very vague. The girl who was training me was being transfered to another dept. in the 2 weeks or so. I only got 2 days of training. I was very lost. I had no one to ask questions to. Dress code there is ri·dic·u·lous the people there dress as thou going out to a night club. I only lasted a month and i left. I didnt even notice.
Pros
Hours
HPSJ a place that put community first.
Case Manager and Pre-authorization RN (Former Employee) –  French Camp, CAJune 23, 2016
HPSJ was a very enjoyable place to work. they gave me the opportunity to grow and learn in an environment where they were willing to train me in an area that I did not have a lot of experience in. I came away with a wealth of knowledge and for that I am truly grateful. My coworkers took me under their wing and taught me everything they knew about the job which helped me tremendously, The management always had an open door policy and wanted us to succeed.
Pros
freindly staff
Cons
working from a temp company
Extremely poor image
NA (Former Employee) –  French Camp, CAMay 16, 2016
Assessment test was beyond difficult and I just began guessing on the answers.
As an administrative assistant I do not see a need to know how to rotate an image in a document or change its gradient. If that is HPSJ's administrative assistant job requirements, perhaps that should be written into it. Also we were late to be taken to the testing area. HR staff was very unprofessional as well as rude. Thanks but no thanks from me. You must treat all employees, as well as prospective employees, with respect.
I read other reviews and it shows that what I encountered during an assessment test appointment was not just my opinion.