Health Plan of San Mateo Employee Reviews

Very productive, good management, good work environment
Utilization Review Nurse (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAJanuary 26, 2017
When I worked at HPSM, which was about 9 years ago, it was a very good company to work for. Management was supportive and would provide direction in any situation that the employee would need help or assistance. The atmosphere was great as most employees felt appreciated. The only reason I left HPSM was due to my moving over two hours away.
Pros
Great Management, good benefits
Cons
I can not think of any Cons
Case Management utilization review (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CASeptember 8, 2015
Fun place to work at. Great management. The workers are very engaging and are team players. The management is very approachable and willing to step in when necessary. Great company with the possibility to grow. The company is expanding at a fast rate.
Pros
Friendly environment to work
Cons
Distance is fear from my residence
Cumbersome nursing software and siloed workflow
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CASeptember 5, 2014
A typical day includes reviewing inpatient acuity and discharge plans on-site at Seton Medical Center in Daly City. I enjoyed the care managers at Seton very much, and the feeling was mutual!

Without access to Seton medical records remotely, a lot of time was consumed locating and printing essential patient information needed for my charting. At HPSM, navigating the documentation process required hunting and gathering information from several unconnected software programs and text icons, which I mastered incrementally.

Executive mnagement worked hard to present new programs such as Duals Demonstration (MediConnect) which is managed Medicare and MediCal. In addition the Medical Directors were approachable and caring. However, the department manager was non-transparent and unprofessional.

The company employed mostly non - clinical people.There were some incredibly talented nurses at HPSM which were the best part of the job, although we did not collaborate or have IDT sessions. The hardest part of the job was the absence of patient contact, which is an area that I excel, and the siloed nature of the company.
Pros
Free coffee, matching retirement funds.
Cons
The compensation did not reflect the intense nature of the work.
great company
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAMay 25, 2014
easy going co workers
slow times and times when there is high stress
Good benefits to much politics
Facility Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAAugust 27, 2013
Good place for the benefits but the staff are uneducated and rude
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
micro managment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Health Plan of San Mateo. Our community is ready to answer.

Health Plan of San Mateo Reviews by Location