This position will support general IT functions in a health care setting this includes, but is not limited to: networking/security, technical support, electronic data interchange, website management, voice over IP, disaster recovery, and HIPAA security. This position has a strong emphasis on data manipulation and transmission (MSSQL, MYSQL, Excel, Crystal Report, etc.)
- Send and receive data in multiple formats to/from multiple sources.
- Create solutions for other functional business areas using technical tools (i.e., VBA, PHP, Reports)
- Identify and troubleshoot issues in the I.T. infrastructure.
- Update and improve website and company dashboard.
- Ensure secure transmissions of member and patient information across all users.
- Manage MySQL and MSSQL databases.
- Act as representative for the I.T. department as needed.
- Store and organize previous reports and files for future compliance audits.
- Backup system servers and maintain disaster recovery plan policies.
- Serve as point of contact for software vendors.
- Upgrade and administrate proprietary software suites.
- Understand and support the revenue and reporting cycle of a Medicare Advantage Health Plan.
- Perform related duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the above essential functions satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability, physical and environmental conditions required of the employee on the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
1. BS degree in computer science, information systems, or another related field.
2. Strong familiarity with SQL and Excel.
3. Previous exposure to PHP, VBA, Access, and VOIP.
4. Excellent organizational skills, oral and written communication skills, and the ability to multi-task.
5. Working knowledge of LAN and WAN networking as well as computer repair.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk. The employee frequently is required to stand; sit; perform repetitive motions with wrists, hands, and fingers; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. This job requires the ability to infrequently lift and move typical office I.T. equipment (up to 40 lbs) independently.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to crisis situations requiring critical thinking and rapid decision-making. It is frequently subject to interruptions and multiple calls and inquires. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.