Health Plus

Health Plus Employer Reviews

fun and competive enviroment
Enrollment Representative (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJune 13, 2014
Health plus is a great company where I learn all my ins verification how to help family and how to learn family needs and where to place them and with which ins.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Community/ Case Management Outreach (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJune 7, 2014
Pros: free lunch at times, room for growth within the company, overtime
Most enjoyable part of my job was speaking to medicaid/ medicare recipients about how to keep thier appointments and just listening to what they had to say and how I made thier day by just listening warmed my heart.
productive
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYApril 23, 2014
Pros: learning experience
Cons: didn't last long
working in Brooklyn New York
able to learn systems throughout facets
appeals
grievances
setup benefits in the systems
dealt with networx pricing
Mangement team fostered excellance.
VP Network Management and Provider Relations (Former Employee), BrooklynFebruary 4, 2014
Great company - allowed innovation. Company excelled in quality results, membership growth and provider relations.
Great Experience
Quality Control Coordinator - Enrollment (Former Employee), Staten Island, NYJanuary 28, 2014
Health plus was my first experience in a full-time position. Looking back now, I know that it was a great learning experience. I worked with many different departments and gained a lot of experience.
Productive and busy
Internship (Former Employee), Mount Airy, NCJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: working with other nps
Cons: long drive to work.
Managing different health related problems in a disadvantage setting.
Fun
Customer service (Current Employee), Troy, MIJanuary 21, 2014
Love talking to the customers, they brighten my day.
Love my co-workers, we are very good friends.
my boss is young, but very fun.
Being able to speak to the customers
I learned that all jobs no matter what info you need to collect is fun.
Good first job
Senior Marketing Representative (Former Employee), Queens, NYJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: filling quota
Great place to start your first job. Good people. Fun, interactive and great pay.
Great Health Food
Maintenance Technician health food manufacturer (Former Employee), Chino, CADecember 26, 2013
Not a bad place to work if you like health food. Employess are great to get along with
It was a great company
Data Specialist (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYDecember 14, 2013
Pros: work eniviroment
Health Plus was a family oriented company! Great benefits.
Health Plus was the best company all over roll, just that have been sold it not there anymore.
Medicare Sales Agent (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 14, 2013
I had the best job ever my member and new prospect will come to me I did not have to look for them.
Decent place to work in
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYNovember 4, 2013
Pros: nice people
Cons: salary
Overall nice and respectful colleagues. I've learned that in order to advance you must make a plan and put it into action.
Productive at workplace
Provider Relations Manager (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: lack of communication
Cons: teamwork
As a field Provider Relations Manager, there is no typical day at work. Every day is challenging day, managing large territory with high maintenance providers and facilities.

Lesson I learned from management, stay calm and leadership skill.

The hardest part of the job is be able to influence other management to buy in what you selling without confrontation. – more... Trust plays major role.

The most enjoyable part of my job is developing, training, coaching and helping my staff members to be able to performance their jobs in high standard. In addition, helping providers and customers with their need. – less
Small Business Insights
Associate Assistant (Former Employee), Boise, IDAugust 15, 2013
Working for Health Plus was an eye opening experience for the coming into the professional world of business. From creating proposals to organizing meetings, I learned time management, networking skills, and began to excel at Word programs. The most challenging part of this job was keeping my boss up to date and on time. I had to be her personal assistant – more... and had to quickly learn how to think one step ahead of her. Once I mastered that I helped her grow her business by 30%. – less
Organized Workplace
Behavior Health Representative (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJune 14, 2013
Smart well organized Supervisors always willing to helo and teach.
Great work experience
Sr. Provider Relations Associate (Contracting) (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYApril 17, 2013
Pros: executive staff is very good to work with
Cons: compensation not competitive
Not a bad place to work. Management work with staff to assist with backlog.
A Day in the Call Center
Medical Management call center Representative (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYDecember 13, 2012
Pros: customer service recognition
Cons: short breaks
A typical day is basically being able to provide outstanding customer service to the callers.

Be able to handle the calls quickly and efficiently when experiencing high call volume.
Amazing Place To Work For
Data Specialist (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYAugust 16, 2012
Worked hard as did the whole company. Great people. Always a learning experience. Management was great. Great team building and great team work. Being around good hard working people made the days a work wonderful.
Productive and a family oriented environment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYAugust 1, 2012
Pros: they were good with days off at a moments notice.
Everyone was friendly and courteous. We had a great time working with each other. We learned a lot while helping each other with work. Management was great. They were always willing to hear us if we had a complaint or a suggestion.
Productive, Educational, Family orientated
Sr. Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 5, 2012
Pros: continued education
Cons: slow advancement
Typical day was filled with reviewing and entering applications into the database to ensure that the network continued to grow. Working at Health Plus helped me to learn other aspects of each department, such as the data center and what they require to update a providers location information; also working closely with the Provider Representatives I – more... was able to understand the needs of each representative and also the expectation of the physicians. I enjoyed my fellow co-workers; we strived towards one common goal ensuring that our company was looked at as the employer of choice and to make certain that our network continued to grow. We all knew each other; we laughed hard worked hard and at the end of the day became a family. – less