The position of Executive Assistant reporting to the Principal is responsible for providing high level administrative support for the effective management of all school affairs. This role provides key clerical support and effectively engages with internal and external resources, including prominent community leaders and the school’s Board of Directors.
1. Assume responsibility for all secretarial requirements of the Principal including preparing, drafting and distributing communication(s) on behalf of the Principal, proper maintenance of filing systems and telephone routing.
2. Make appointments, plans meetings and maintains an accurate up to date calendar for the Principal.
3. Must be familiar with all school policies/practices and ensures that daily activities are within proper limits of such policies/practices.
4. Develop and manage efficient electronic administrative office systems including necessary files and required documentation.
5. Facilitate communication and scheduling involving the Principal and staff.
6. Attend meetings with the Principal as requested and records minutes.
7. Assist with the Staff Development process: Collect all associated documentation and track chronologically.
8. Maintain instructional staff “master” schedules, revise as directed and distribute.
9. Prepare reports, submit timely and analyze data as needed
10. Prepare agendas and make arrangements for committee, Board and other meetings.
11. Establish and maintain electronic files for teacher and staff evaluations in accordance with data requirements.
12. Effectively capture the right level of detail and discretion and prepare meeting minutes for submission to Board and for public communications as directed.
13. Assist with recruitment process including posting process.
14. Act as web master for the School’s website; maintain and update regularly.
15. Manage room reservation system.
16. Responsible for all events and Board meetings for outside groups visiting the School.
17. Assist 18. Assist in drafting all NYS Department of Education reports and key documents.
19. Maintain Board portal.
20. Other duties as assigned.
· Associate’s Degree and 2 years related experience.
· Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field preferred.
· Five years administrative experience with increasing levels of responsibilities.
· Working knowledge of general office equipment including fax and copy machines, multi-line phone system, and personal computers.
· Proficiency in required software packages, which includes, but is not limited to, Microsoft Outlook, Word and PowerPoint.with the development of policy manual consistent with the BOCES system.