Health Services Employee Reviews in United States

stressful environment but the employees keep you going
UR (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 1, 2015
The expectations and demands of the job could be better.
I learned to speak up when help is needed.
Management could benefit from courses in health care.
The co-workers are great.
The duties can be overwhelming.
I enjoy the flexibility.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Salary Increases
Great place to intern.
Financial Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 8, 2016
HSCN was a great place to intern. I learned a lot during my time there especially surrounding customer service. I helped customers maintain their personal health records and kept them up to date with anything new that appeared in the system.
Love working in the Heath Care Field
Patient Registrar (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYApril 28, 2015
• Maintained Medical Records.
• Set up and maintained template in various databases.
• Scheduled appointment/billing and payment arrangements.

Not much more to say
Pros
Good Salary, Benefits, 401K, etc
I enjoy working here.
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cullowhee, NCNovember 21, 2015
I get to provide customer service to my fellow peers. I help provide fast and effective service to patients. I treat each case individually.
Productive work place
patient care technician (Current Employee) –  DeSoto, TXAugust 21, 2015
Working with patients on this job is a task that is easy to conquer. The patients I work with are all mobile and can mostly do for themselves, they only require minimum supervision. You learn a lot of patience on the job and get to know people and learn about their lives.
Pros
working in the daytime
Cons
low pay
No longer in business
Broad management (Former Employee) –  Charleston, ILJune 12, 2015
Managing the case management and personal needed of mentally and physically challenged adults in a community integrated living arrangement. Supervised staffing needs such as scheduling, training, evaluations, hiring and firing.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
On duty 24-hours a day, low paying
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington DCJune 29, 2015
A great place to work with friendly and real communicative people. New furniture and computers make it real up to date and comfortable.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
Alot of telephone time
Great learning environment
Senior Health Services (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne IndianaJune 5, 2015
I learned a lot on this externship. The people here were all really nice and everyone wanted to teach me as much as they could.
Some jobs available on public bus lines.
Best Hope care services (Former Employee) –  Dumfries, VAJanuary 14, 2015
I would let myself into the clients home. Prepared breakfast for client while they washed and dressed for school. I would make sure their clothes and hygiene were up to part. The client took meds with meal. Their bus was scheduled to leave for the mourning classes so I would get them ready on time. Then I locked the residence and left only to return to the split shift that evening to repeat my duties with the child in my care.
Pros
allowed to use a computer.
Cons
short breaks before next chore.
a less tense environment
License Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 19, 2015
This depends on the type of client I am assigned to that day. Some have trach, G-J Tubes, Some on oxygen Some just G-Tubes Some on nep tx. I learn how to insert a nasogastric tube at work. my co-workers are very sharing, to take care of an unresponsive patient. When my client is improving in health
Health Services requires a good sene of humor, tenacity, and a strong bladder.
Registered Nurse in industry of Health Services (Former Employee) –  Louisville KYMay 2, 2014
A typical day at work begins with jumping into your job with both feet. You receive report or not, on some days, you establish what needs to be done and you are off. You visually assess each patient as quickly as you can, follow your orders, contact the MD for any changes and needs. You stay warm and friendly to your pt and their family. You stay alert and watch for any changes that may occur.
Your co-workers are your life-line and you are theirs. You are an independent person working within a unit and there are times you have to come together to get something accomplished or to have a positive outcome.
Great Culture and Values VS. Poor Training and Burn Out
CARE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 23, 2012
HSCSN is a great place to work as far as the co-workers, culture and values of the company are concerned. However, the training is not up to par, burn out is inevitable, and "overwhelmed" is a feeling that is constant. Although HSCSN is health insurrance provider for special needs children, it seems more like a social service agency. Face to face visits with members anywhere from the office, to the hospital and/or the home is expected and case plans are a must do. If not, you're in trouble and the pressure is constantly on. Case loads are ginormous and ever changing. It's almost impossible to get all the work done without taking work home or working beyond the 9 - 5 schedule. If you're looking for a challinging work place with great people and values, this is the place for you. Great pay and you can work from home a couple of days a week after 6 months.
Pros
pay, culture, values, iphone, lap top, and work from home 2 days weekly after 6 months
Cons
high case loads, constant policy changes, poor training, challenges to complete all work
Change in supervisor
PI Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 29, 2014
Going through a supervisor change is not easy to go through. To make matter worse the new supervisor brings on her enitre staff that she use to work with and his asking you to cross train others on things that has nothing to do with their job title makes you doubt your job security
Productive 120 bed skilled Rehab Facility managing over 60 employees.
Registered Nurse-Director (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 20, 2013
I am the Director of Health Services within a 120 bed skilled nursing facility. A work day starts around 6 or 630 am and ends between 4 and 530. I deal with staffing issues, managing and delegating task of all CNA's, LPN's and RN's in the building. Maintaining a safe environment to ensure all patients/residents receive the best overall care. Managing and resolving the day to day communication issues between staff to promote a positive and uplifting working environment. Conduct weekly and monthly meeting to discuss to progress or decline in patient care. Monitoring staffing hours to stay within patient per day budget. Daily/weekly quality measures monitoring. Patients range from orthopedics surgery, neurological disorders, CVA, traumatic injuries. and infectious diseases. Overall I love what I do as a nurse and manager. Looking to advanced my skills in orthopedics and learn about the latest technology.
Pros
motivating staff to bring out the best in them, monday thru friday work days with weekends off
Cons
on call 24/7
Dedicated to the care of patients
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYApril 15, 2014
Working on projects such as demographics, needs assessment, immunization status, possibly increasing services offered to the faculty, staff and students. I have a competent staff that do their jobs quite well. They are an extremely bright group of people that care about what they do everyday. I have 5 direct reports that cover all aspects of patient care and health education as well as employee wellness. The direct reports and I meet on a weekly or bi-weekly basis discussing what is going on with their area of expertise and staff. I also meet with them weekly to bi-weekly as a group for information sharing as well as working through health services needs. I also hold a meeting with all of the staff (30) on a monthly basis utilizing that time for discussion, presentations, outside speakers, etc. The hardest part of the job is working on expanding services and at the same time trying to find creative ways to expand them without additional funding. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to come to work everyday. I love what I do.
Pros
working with a very bright group of people
Cons
balancing work with home
Enjoyed my job, wanted to do more but restricted due to large caseloads
Care Manager/Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Washington, D.C,July 24, 2014
Great atmosphere, can be creative, loads of work, multitask skills necessary. Management style poor, lots of unprofessional remarks from managers, old style of managing people.
Excellent work environment
Office Assistant, Essex County College (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 12, 2014
This was a very pleasant place to work. Offered a flexible work schedule to accommodate work, school, and personal life. Management was very pleasant.
bioler room sales
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 31, 2012
this place offered my a job due to old previous boss. but it was boiler room, no dress code very rude reps.
Pros
no micro management paid on time
Cons
boiler room and not enough equiptment
This is a good place to work
Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 6, 2014
Provide daily patient care, bathing, grooming and nutrition
Ambulatory/mobile assistance and preventive maintenance on patients home
Daily home care/chores
Provide transportation to and from doctor’s visits and store’s
Being an overall compassionate care giver
Pros
the managers/supervisors are wonderful communicators
You get pick the people you wanted to work with.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 9, 2014
Very nice work environment, sometime you have travel for for little.
Pros
pick your clients
Cons
low pay rate