HEALTH SOUTH Employee Reviews

Poor patient care
Charge/staff RN (Former Employee) –  Norwood, OHMay 4, 2017
Wanted to give excellent patient/family care but was written up if stayed over shift to make things right. Educated and demonstrated many skills to new employees but always passed up for manager positions. Too much verbal service by management without any physical changes.
Pros
Has a reward system
Cons
Poor patient care
Nice place to work
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 25, 2017
Nice enviroment and friendly co workers. Nice place to work but was hard to move up in the company. Was able to see how exams were done. So you can tell patients what to exspect.
Clean New Hospital
PCT/CNA (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLApril 10, 2017
Hospital is only a couple years old, the only thing bad that I have to say about it is that when census is low expect to be cut from working 3 days a week to only maybe 3 days per month. Had to find a 2nd job and eventually quit because I couldn't afford my bills once they my hours.
Pros
good pay, clean hospital
Cons
get called off often
Fun work place
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 29, 2017
Learned to transcribe doctors orders wa sthe hardest part of my job, understanding the doctors hand writing. I enjoyed helping my patients on a daily.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Short lunch
Phlebotomist/Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEFebruary 28, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company, pay was good, facilities were excellent. The people were very helpful, and professional, over all an excellent place to work.
Pros
interesting work.
Cons
management was distant.
Nice facility and staff
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 22, 2017
I was in Scottsdale, so the patient population was great and the staff was easy to work with. I also liked the radiologist I worked with and we were on the same page.
Pros
Nice conditions
Cons
commute
Nice place to work . They give you coffee and let you work at your own pace.
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLFebruary 21, 2017
Get your morning coffee and begin to working. Work at your own pace no pressure. This is a company that you can grow in and you can learn a lot from the management team.
Pros
1 hour lunch and breaks
Cons
None really
Clinical
Occupational Therapy Student (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAFebruary 2, 2017
I was a student during my time here. The facility was very clean and it had everything that you needed to complete a therapy session. the staff was knowledgeable.
fast paced
Laundry/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 7, 2017
fast paced job i had to take the laundry to all the floors of the hospital friendly co workers and staff long lunch break nice place to work
Good place to work.
Front Desk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 2, 2016
Busy most of the time.
Always be helpful to others. Always willing to help with a smile.
Management was good.
Co workers were helpful.
I enjoy working with people.
Great place for Physical Therapy
Volunteer and Observation Student (Former Employee) –  Levelland, TX 79336October 1, 2016
I really enjoyed participating in activities here. It was a great experience and perfect for getting your required college hours for your major. I learned a lot where and was able to get a great feel for the enjoyment of helping other feel and get better.
Pros
A Great Learning Experience
Cons
I did not see any..
Worst place to work
management and over-site of all medications (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCAugust 13, 2016
Too many patients assigned per nurse. I learned that I should refuse an assignment if I think it will be too bad, and that is my right as a nurse. The management was vicious and bullied the nurses, co-workers also bullied each other.
Busy and productive
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 1, 2016
I work with great people and care about the establishment. The company provides excellent service to it's patients and that reflects upon the staff.
Pros
free lunch, healthy environment, great people
Cons
little room for advancement
Health South was a challenge and one of the most difficult jobs I have had.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 31, 2015
I enjoyed my position as a Receptionist. I thrived on the client and co-worker interactions as well as helping with many various needs that came up. I also enjoyed the data entry and various paper work that I was responsible for. I liked the environment and independent aspect of my job.
There were two areas that made my job difficult. But because of the difficulty I was able to gain some key skills in conflict resolution and safety of my work environment. I was able to take these two negative experiences and apply them constructively.
Busy Work Enviroment
Floor Tech (Current Employee) –  Sandy, UTJuly 6, 2015
Good place to work for as a beginner but definitely not as a career. Allot of things to do and keep yourself busy throughout the day.
Pros
Great friendly patients
Cons
heatlhcare
great team work, and workplace enviroment.
Rehab nurse technician at Rehabilitation Hospital (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 12, 2015
its great to go to a work place where you know you can find team work. It is a great satisfaction to hear patients and family members to give such a good review of the place you work at.
team work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCApril 18, 2015
it a very good place to work they work together as a team the environment clean and able to use all health care skill giving you chance to grow as a nursing assistant.
Great co-workers
PRN Charge & Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Edgewood, KYApril 5, 2015
Care for patients in an acute rehabilitation hospital setting as well as manage staff and delegate tasks appropriately.
Management changed frequently.
The hardest part was the high turnover of staff and management.
Most enjoyable part was seeing patients progress daily and leave being able to care for themselves again.
Pros
Co-workers and seeing patient outcomes
Cons
High turnover
flexible hours
Medical Transportation Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 6, 2015
loved the flexibility in scheduling and dealing with the public on a daily bases. always room to move up from within the company
Pros
hours of operations
Cons
you have to have flexibility in your life.
Fun place to work
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Aldie, VAMarch 2, 2015
Great company to work for. Managers and co-workers are working toward a common goal, and the work culture cultivated a very friendly environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HEALTH SOUTH. Our community is ready to answer.