HEALTH SOUTH Employee Reviews in United States

Health South was a challenge and one of the most difficult jobs I have had.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 31, 2015
I enjoyed my position as a Receptionist. I thrived on the client and co-worker interactions as well as helping with many various needs that came up. I also enjoyed the data entry and various paper work that I was responsible for. I liked the environment and independent aspect of my job.
There were two areas that made my job difficult. But because of the difficulty I was able to gain some key skills in conflict resolution and safety of my work environment. I was able to take these two negative experiences and apply them constructively.
Great co-workers
PRN Charge & Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Edgewood, KYApril 5, 2015
Care for patients in an acute rehabilitation hospital setting as well as manage staff and delegate tasks appropriately.
Management changed frequently.
The hardest part was the high turnover of staff and management.
Most enjoyable part was seeing patients progress daily and leave being able to care for themselves again.
Pros
Co-workers and seeing patient outcomes
Cons
High turnover
great team work, and workplace enviroment.
Rehab nurse technician at Rehabilitation Hospital (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 12, 2015
its great to go to a work place where you know you can find team work. It is a great satisfaction to hear patients and family members to give such a good review of the place you work at.
Busy Work Enviroment
Floor Tech (Current Employee) –  Sandy, UTJuly 6, 2015
Good place to work for as a beginner but definitely not as a career. Allot of things to do and keep yourself busy throughout the day.
Pros
Great friendly patients
Cons
heatlhcare
team work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCApril 18, 2015
it a very good place to work they work together as a team the environment clean and able to use all health care skill giving you chance to grow as a nursing assistant.
flexible hours
Medical Transportation Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 6, 2015
loved the flexibility in scheduling and dealing with the public on a daily bases. always room to move up from within the company
Pros
hours of operations
Cons
you have to have flexibility in your life.
i have learned many things, while at Healthsouth, and have attended classes on management skills
Charge Nurse and RN Supervisor (Current Employee) –  healthsouth western hills, Parkersburg,wvFebruary 23, 2014
working daily as charge nures, made rounds with dr.s and made out discharge instructions, assigned lunches, and removed dr. orders and made sure mars up to date, reviewed labs and called dr.s with changes, made appointments, arranged outside services such as ct, blood transfusions and follow up dr. appointments.

i have learned management skills while at this job,
management somewhat helpful.
the hardest part of job is making sure theings are done before the end of my shift and that things are followed thru
i enjoy my co-workers
Fun place to work
Enviromental Services (Current Employee) –  Vineland, NJJanuary 18, 2014
During my eight hour day I made sure my area was very clean and tidy for patients, visitors, and staff.

I learned how to use a floor buffer and how to wax and strip floors. My manager was a very fair person and always recognized when I exceeded the expectations of the job and rewarded me for my efforts.
I worked well with my coworkers and was a team player
The hardest part of the job was not having a set amount of hours per week as I was hired as a per diem employee.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being recognized for my efforts to maintain a safe, clean and secure environment for patients, visitors, and staff.
Pros
learning new things
Cons
not enough hours
Had a wonderful experience with coworkers and patients
Rehab Nursing Technician- Assist the RN/LPN (Former Employee) –  Woodlands TXJune 26, 2014
i would get the patients up in the morning and get them dressed for the day. Then would take them to go eat breakfast and do activities throughout the day as i would change there sheets on there beds. then i would get then ready for lunch and sometimes after eating luch some of the patients would take a nap.
Pleasant place to work
Cash Applications Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lowell Ma.November 7, 2013
Being an Assistant was quite rewarding being able to talk to the children. I learned that sometimes the children just needed to talk to someone else other than a doctor. Sometimes they would open up more to me. I was then able to tell their doctors what was on their mind sometimes. Hardest part was a hearing about a child trying to take their lives. Hardest part was the location I was in closing down.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
building i worked in closed
Nursing
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Harmarville, PAOctober 22, 2013
Everyday that I walk into work, I am very happy because I know that there are patients there that depend on me and I am able to fulfill their needs throughout the shift.
Making sure that my patients are well taken care of, ie: medications given, they have their meals on time, they are showered and ready for the day, and make sure they are all at their scheduled rehabs on time so they may be discharged home.
Pros
we are paid for holidays, free birthday meals, over time at times, breaks for mid shift and lunch
Cons
there really is no cons working for health south
I enjoy taking care of others. healthsouth is a very positive work place
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 17, 2012
Working at healthsouth has been a great experience for me. I have learned a lot. Working as a respiratory therapist at healthsouth has been one of the best things that has happened to me.. I have learned so much, first and for most there is only 1 rrt on a day here in our 60 bed acute rehab so it does get pretty busy. We do have trach patients as well but no ventilated patients. Administering breathing treatments and general respiratory care here. We do get some codes as well.. Healthsouth is a very interesting place to work. Best part is everyone there makes you feel like family.
Fast pace Rehab Center with great staff
Rehab Nurse (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXMarch 8, 2013
Treating and helping people to function better after a traumatic injury of serious illness is rewarding. The doctors at Health South in Humble are the best they not only listen to the staff but also to the patients. The day is busy and motivating to help people perfom their activities of daily living and watch them improve on those skills as time goes on is motivating to you as well.
Pros
great staff good doctors great work environment
Cons
no college funding, you spend alot of time doing their anual training on the computer.
Great pay, good supervisors, great employees
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NevadaMay 11, 2012
I worked as a Unit Secretary. It could be very busy and very stressful. I learned a lot about rehab. The nursing director and the supervisor were very involved with the employees. My co-workers were friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was learning to juggle three things at once. The most enjoyable part of the job was the facility itself was very open and clean.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long way to commute
out of business.
Referral coordinator/Office manager (Former Employee) –  WheatridgeFebruary 24, 2015
knowledgeable staff, ok benefits. Learned a lot in a short period of time. Working in an environment with knowledgeable co-workers. out of business.
Pros
pay
Cons
out of business.
Fast Paced, Professional, Respectful Environment. Good pay. Flexible work schedule. Great as a part time job.
Senior Case Manager(Pool) (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 31, 2013
An 8 hour work day goes by really fast! Staff are attentive and respectful to patients. Upper management is available to patients and staff. Team approach.
Pros
good pay, great work environment
Cons
pool status i.e. as needed. when census is low, no work. otherwise, great company to work for.
Fun place to work
Rehab Tech (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 14, 2013
I loved helping the patients recover and get back on there feet after a surgery or accident. I learned a lot about nursing and bed side manner. My co-workers did not always pull there weight but I still looked forward to going to work every day. The staff and the patients made that happen.
Mediocre
Wound Care Coordinator, IC/EH Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 29, 2013
HS offered me a great opportunity, but management support was lacking. It seemed like every time I initiated a project, management didn't follow through with support of the project. I felt that what really mattered to the administration was the bottom dollar.
If you wanna learn
Miss IT (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVMay 8, 2012
if you are freshly out of a healthcare school, this is the place to learn! Depending on what your credentials are, depends on how you are treated..A lot of good staff for patient care there though!
Pros
a world full of wonderful knowledge and experience
Cons
don is awful!
Good Office to work in!
Radiation Technologist (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDJuly 12, 2013
We were a small group of ladies in an out patient radiology office. We all had our department on weekly rotations so everyone did the same job and would help each other out for difficult patients. Schedules were well maintained.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HEALTH SOUTH. Our community is ready to answer.