HEALTH SOUTH

HEALTH SOUTH Employee Reviews

Busy Work Enviroment
Floor Tech (Current Employee), Sandy, UTJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Great friendly patients
Cons: heatlhcare
Good place to work for as a beginner but definitely not as a career. Allot of things to do and keep yourself busy throughout the day.
great team work, and workplace enviroment.
Rehab nurse technician at Rehabilitation Hospital (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CAMay 12, 2015
its great to go to a work place where you know you can find team work. It is a great satisfaction to hear patients and family members to give such a good review of the place you work at.
team work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Rock Hill, SCApril 18, 2015
it a very good place to work they work together as a team the environment clean and able to use all health care skill giving you chance to grow as a nursing assistant.
Great co-workers
PRN Charge & Staff RN (Former Employee), Edgewood, KYApril 5, 2015
Pros: Co-workers and seeing patient outcomes
Cons: High turnover
Care for patients in an acute rehabilitation hospital setting as well as manage staff and delegate tasks appropriately.
Management changed frequently.
The hardest part was the high turnover of staff and management.
Most enjoyable part was seeing patients progress daily and leave being able to care for themselves again.
flexible hours
Medical Transportation Driver (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 6, 2015
Pros: hours of operations
Cons: you have to have flexibility in your life.
loved the flexibility in scheduling and dealing with the public on a daily bases. always room to move up from within the company
out of business.
Referral coordinator/Office manager (Former Employee), WheatridgeFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: out of business.
knowledgeable staff, ok benefits. Learned a lot in a short period of time. Working in an environment with knowledgeable co-workers. out of business.
Loved this Job
Rehabilitation Nurse Tech (Former Employee), Kingsport, TNOctober 31, 2014
Great place to work and gain experience. Would have loved to have stayed here but asked us to take furlough and couldn't afford this option.
Organized Place
Certified Nursing Assistant I (Current Employee), Vero Beach, FLAugust 18, 2014
Health south was a very organized place, rules, tasks, & you had to be on time and undstand that you come t work to work not play !
Positive work environment
Physical Therapy Aide (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 6, 2014
Pros: safe working environment
Working with my team was a very positive experience and we communicated well with one another.
Had a wonderful experience with coworkers and patients
Rehab Nursing Technician- Assist the RN/LPN (Former Employee), Woodlands TXJune 26, 2014
i would get the patients up in the morning and get them dressed for the day. Then would take them to go eat breakfast and do activities throughout the day as i would change there sheets on there beds. then i would get then ready for lunch and sometimes after eating luch some of the patients would take a nap.
i have learned many things, while at Healthsouth, and have attended classes on management skills
Charge Nurse and RN Supervisor (Current Employee), healthsouth western hills, Parkersburg,wvFebruary 23, 2014
working daily as charge nures, made rounds with dr.s and made out discharge instructions, assigned lunches, and removed dr. orders and made sure mars up to date, reviewed labs and called dr.s with changes, – more... made appointments, arranged outside services such as ct, blood transfusions and follow up dr. appointments.

i have learned management skills while at this job,
management somewhat helpful.
the hardest part of job is making sure theings are done before the end of my shift and that things are followed thru
i enjoy my co-workers – less
a small facility
RN Unit Manager (Former Employee), Conroe, TXFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: scheduling freedom
Cons: lots of inhouse pollitics
provided me with scheduling freedom to care for my family while still making money
Great enviorment
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CAJanuary 28, 2014
Approximately 40 treatment per round
Busier than people expect.
Great for time managing motivated individuals
Too much management
PTA (Former Employee), Norristown, PAJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: management
Top heavy, not in business at this location anymore.
Big corporate company.
Fun place to work
Enviromental Services (Current Employee), Vineland, NJJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: learning new things
Cons: not enough hours
During my eight hour day I made sure my area was very clean and tidy for patients, visitors, and staff.

I learned how to use a floor buffer and how to wax and strip floors. My manager was a very fair – more... person and always recognized when I exceeded the expectations of the job and rewarded me for my efforts.
I worked well with my coworkers and was a team player
The hardest part of the job was not having a set amount of hours per week as I was hired as a per diem employee.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being recognized for my efforts to maintain a safe, clean and secure environment for patients, visitors, and staff. – less
Fast Paced, Professional, Respectful Environment. Good pay. Flexible work schedule. Great as a part time job.
Senior Case Manager(Pool) (Current Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 31, 2013
Pros: good pay, great work environment
Cons: pool status i.e. as needed. when census is low, no work. otherwise, great company to work for.
An 8 hour work day goes by really fast! Staff are attentive and respectful to patients. Upper management is available to patients and staff. Team approach.
Very nice work place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALDecember 4, 2013
It was the best job, a typical day at work would be to help others and do your job on time. I learned how to do the job correct and ask for help if need. I really enjoyed helping people get well. It was not a hard job at all....
Fun place to work
Rehab Tech (Former Employee), Mesa, AZNovember 14, 2013
I loved helping the patients recover and get back on there feet after a surgery or accident. I learned a lot about nursing and bed side manner. My co-workers did not always pull there weight but I still looked forward to going to work every day. The staff and the patients made that happen.
Pleasant place to work
Cash Applications Coordinator (Former Employee), Lowell Ma.November 7, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: building i worked in closed
Being an Assistant was quite rewarding being able to talk to the children. I learned that sometimes the children just needed to talk to someone else other than a doctor. Sometimes they would open up more – more... to me. I was then able to tell their doctors what was on their mind sometimes. Hardest part was a hearing about a child trying to take their lives. Hardest part was the location I was in closing down. – less
Mediocre
Wound Care Coordinator, IC/EH Nurse (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXOctober 29, 2013
HS offered me a great opportunity, but management support was lacking. It seemed like every time I initiated a project, management didn't follow through with support of the project. I felt that what really mattered to the administration was the bottom dollar.

About HEALTH SOUTH

HealthSouth Corporation (HealthSouth) is a provider of inpatient rehabilitative healthcare services in the United States. It operates – Read more

HEALTH SOUTH Salaries