HEALTH SOUTH

HEALTH SOUTH Employer Reviews

i have learned many things, while at Healthsouth, and have attended classes on management skills
Charge Nurse and RN Supervisor (Current Employee), healthsouth western hills, Parkersburg,wvFebruary 23, 2014
working daily as charge nures, made rounds with dr.s and made out discharge instructions, assigned lunches, and removed dr. orders and made sure mars up to date, reviewed labs and called dr.s with changes, made appointments, arranged outside services such as ct, blood transfusions and follow up dr. appointments.

i have learned management skills while – more... at this job,
management somewhat helpful.
the hardest part of job is making sure theings are done before the end of my shift and that things are followed thru
i enjoy my co-workers – less
a small facility
RN Unit Manager (Former Employee), Conroe, TXFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: scheduling freedom
Cons: lots of inhouse pollitics
provided me with scheduling freedom to care for my family while still making money
Great enviorment
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CAJanuary 28, 2014
Approximately 40 treatment per round
Busier than people expect.
Great for time managing motivated individuals
Too much management
PTA (Former Employee), Norristown, PAJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: management
Top heavy, not in business at this location anymore.
Big corporate company.
Fun place to work
Enviromental Services (Current Employee), Vineland, NJJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: learning new things
Cons: not enough hours
During my eight hour day I made sure my area was very clean and tidy for patients, visitors, and staff.

I learned how to use a floor buffer and how to wax and strip floors. My manager was a very fair person and always recognized when I exceeded the expectations of the job and rewarded me for my efforts.
I worked well with my coworkers and was a team – more... player
The hardest part of the job was not having a set amount of hours per week as I was hired as a per diem employee.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being recognized for my efforts to maintain a safe, clean and secure environment for patients, visitors, and staff. – less
Fast Paced, Professional, Respectful Environment. Good pay. Flexible work schedule. Great as a part time job.
Senior Case Manager(Pool) (Current Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 31, 2013
Pros: good pay, great work environment
Cons: pool status i.e. as needed. when census is low, no work. otherwise, great company to work for.
An 8 hour work day goes by really fast! Staff are attentive and respectful to patients. Upper management is available to patients and staff. Team approach.
Very nice work place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALDecember 4, 2013
It was the best job, a typical day at work would be to help others and do your job on time. I learned how to do the job correct and ask for help if need. I really enjoyed helping people get well. It was not a hard job at all....
Fun place to work
Rehab Tech (Former Employee), Mesa, AZNovember 14, 2013
I loved helping the patients recover and get back on there feet after a surgery or accident. I learned a lot about nursing and bed side manner. My co-workers did not always pull there weight but I still looked forward to going to work every day. The staff and the patients made that happen.
Pleasant place to work
Cash Applications Coordinator (Former Employee), Lowell Ma.November 7, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: building i worked in closed
Being an Assistant was quite rewarding being able to talk to the children. I learned that sometimes the children just needed to talk to someone else other than a doctor. Sometimes they would open up more to me. I was then able to tell their doctors what was on their mind sometimes. Hardest part was a hearing about a child trying to take their lives. – more... Hardest part was the location I was in closing down. – less
Mediocre
Wound Care Coordinator, IC/EH Nurse (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXOctober 29, 2013
HS offered me a great opportunity, but management support was lacking. It seemed like every time I initiated a project, management didn't follow through with support of the project. I felt that what really mattered to the administration was the bottom dollar.
Nursing
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Harmarville, PAOctober 22, 2013
Pros: we are paid for holidays, free birthday meals, over time at times, breaks for mid shift and lunch
Cons: there really is no cons working for health south
Everyday that I walk into work, I am very happy because I know that there are patients there that depend on me and I am able to fulfill their needs throughout the shift.
Making sure that my patients are well taken care of, ie: medications given, they have their meals on time, they are showered and ready for the day, and make sure they are all at their – more... scheduled rehabs on time so they may be discharged home. – less
Good Office to work in!
Radiation Technologist (Former Employee), Bowie, MDJuly 12, 2013
We were a small group of ladies in an out patient radiology office. We all had our department on weekly rotations so everyone did the same job and would help each other out for difficult patients. Schedules were well maintained.
PRODUCTIVE WORK PLACE
CNA (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 10, 2013
PRODUCTIVE WORK PLACE, GREAT PAY, GOOD EMPLOYEES AND EXCELLENT WORK SCHEDULE
Fast pace Rehab Center with great staff
Rehab Nurse (Former Employee), Humble, TXMarch 8, 2013
Pros: great staff good doctors great work environment
Cons: no college funding, you spend alot of time doing their anual training on the computer.
Treating and helping people to function better after a traumatic injury of serious illness is rewarding. The doctors at Health South in Humble are the best they not only listen to the staff but also to the patients. The day is busy and motivating to help people perfom their activities of daily living and watch them improve on those skills as time goes – more... on is motivating to you as well. – less
Enjoyed contacting customer and getting payment.
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee), Farmington, CTDecember 30, 2012
Pleasant work environment and constant changes to adjust to.
Health South, now UAB hospital
Admitting Clerk E.R. (Former Employee), Birmingham, AlabamaOctober 9, 2012
Pros: having a job, and getting overtime hours, i really liked that.
Cons: it was a temp. job.
A typical night at work in the ER, was admitting patients, getting all patient information, from patient, husband, wife, mother, friends or EMT's whoever brought them into the ER. I made copy's of insurance cards, ask for copay's, etc. I ask questions, to what address do you live and is this the correct address on the Driver License? I would also get – more... a consent form on Hippa Laws for the patient to sign and ask if they had a living will etc..

When a patient was to be admitted into the hospital, I would find out what floor the ER Doctor wanted them on, and look on the computer to see what room was available. Then call the nurse's station to let them know a patient is coming up and tell them what room I have them in, etc...

I worked with sleep apnea patients, the patients would be in at 8pm
I would have there paper work ready and I would call the sleep apnea floor to let the nurse's know there patients were ready to come up to the floor.

I learned from the ER, that it was helpful in letting me know that I can work in a very fast paced environment, makes me feel good to know that about myself.

Management was not a problem, at that time they had a R.N. house supervisor.

My co-workers were R.N.'s and the ER Doctor, they were good to me, they respected me and I did them.

The hardest part of the job would be??? When I had helicopter, ambulance's, walk in's, and sleep apnea patient's, and all stars patients (sports, well known people) all at the same time come into the hospital. But I was proud of myself for getting the job done.

The most enjoyable part of the job was having a moment to know I was blessed to have a job and when I got paid. It was all worth it !!! – less
Working with great people
RNT/CNA (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLJuly 22, 2012
I really enjoyed my job i had a lot of wonderfull patients that i will always remember. The co-workers tried to help as much as they could but working in a hospital is pretty busy but it was good.
work/ life balance
Medical Billing Assistant (Former Employee), Santa rosa, caMay 20, 2012
Pros: a nice company to work for
Cons: no where to grow
process claims, answer phones. working with co-workers were very enjoyable.
Health Soouth
Marketing Manager; Rehabilitation Liaison (Former Employee), Braintree, MAMay 13, 2012
Cons: work load
This was a growing company that had difficulties with identity within the Massachusetts healthcare arena
Great pay, good supervisors, great employees
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Henderson, NevadaMay 11, 2012
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long way to commute
I worked as a Unit Secretary. It could be very busy and very stressful. I learned a lot about rehab. The nursing director and the supervisor were very involved with the employees. My co-workers were friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was learning to juggle three things at once. The most enjoyable part of the job was the facility itself – more... was very open and clean. – less