Health and Hospitals Corporation Employee Reviews

The Worst!
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 21, 2015
The job environment is dull, lethargic and demoralizing. The lack of leadership is one of the most debilitating reasons why there are a lot of turnover. The only attractive benefit there is the benefits. The micromanagement there is the most disgusting that I have ever seen.

I would advise anyone that is applying for any position in HHC to be careful.
Benefits
Cons
Micromanagement, Lack of leadership & vision, non-competitive pay
great benefits
Assistant Director of Hospitals (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 12, 2015
• Providing Health Education to the patients in three programs and staff
o Including Work Place Violence Training for staff.
• Part of the team starting an Ambulatory Detox for Jacobi Medical Center
• Responsible for the Opioid Overdose Prevention Program for inpatient and outpatient
• Oversee and coordinate preparation for Joint Commission survey in behavioral health services
• Review, advise and disseminate information regarding NYC OASAS, OMH, DOH, NYC DOH&MH and federal regulatory changes
• Operations, Purchasing, Budgeting and Forecasting for three departments at two hospitals
• Behavioral Health, Outpatient Treatment and In-Patient Detox Units
• 5/2013 wrote & submitted Grants.Gov a Federal grant to SAMHSA
• Partial responsibility for three departments at two hospitals and the operations of two units at Jacobi Medical Center (detox and out-patient treatment)
• Responsible for monthly reports, annual budgeting and forecasting, filing of federal end of year reports for a Ryan White Harm Reduction $450,000 annual grant
Pros
great benefits
Cons
location
med/ surg specialties
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  3424 Kossuth Avenue Bronx, NY 10467August 4, 2015
I work in ambulatory care/medical & surgical sub-specialties clinics. I work assisting the doctors performing vital signs, ekgs, instructing the patients on the collection of urine and blood specimens. I prepare the clinical rooms for the next patient as well as stocking. I get along well with my co-workers as we work as a team. I enter data into the computor as well as scheduling and re- scheduling appointments for patients.

The most enjoyable part of my job is patient care.
The hardest part of my job is not having the proper resources.
Pros
always learning something new every day.
Cons
no room for advancement
Productive and fun place to work
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 16, 2015
Fun place to work with supportive management. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning form them. There was a lot of variety in what I did on a daily.
highly productive and inclusive.
Assistant Manager/Internship (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 28, 2012
As Assistant Manager/Intern, I assisted the Director in the development and implementation of policy and operating procedures of the organization. It was much ethical professional environment and a different learning environment and specialized in homeless health. A great experience for a student that I was. A very collaborative, cooperative, compassionate and inclusive worplace. I did enjoy it and learned a lot about homeless people which transformed my life in terms of compassion, respect and dignity for all individual.
Pros
leadership learning and care delivery for all human.
Cons
more staff needed at the time of internship.
You can learn alot
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 3, 2014
Fun to work with a diverse group of people. Opportunities to learn a lot if you have a good relationship with your superiors.

4.3