Knowledge of loss control concepts – especially in public agencies, specifically school districts.
Prior experience conducting surveys - commercial property, construction, school districts or other public agencies, or workers’ compensation
Ability to observe, examine, measure, inspect, gather data, and describe all aspects of a property/building/business under exposure to various weather conditions (cold, heat, rain, snow, etc.) and with occasional lifting of up to 40 pounds and climbing of stairs and ladders, accessing building roofs, and working in all type of neighborhoods and environments.
Knowledge of ergonomic concepts for office/clerical staff as well as Custodial, Bus Drivers, and
Excellent interpersonal communication skills. Must be able to communicate with a wide range of clients’ employees.
Strong verbal and written communication skills. Reports must be professionally written, defensible, and objective.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Word and Excel – Access experience a plus.
Ability to work independently. Must be able to work out of a home office.
A very strong work ethic
Valid driver’s license
Perform ergonomic evaluations. Write up evaluations and make recommendations. Work with vendors to provide specific recommendations to each member.
Provide assessment and training in all areas – including slip/trip/fall protection, back injury prevention, ladder safety, Bloodborne Pathogen Exposure Control, Injury and Illness Prevention Program…Basically any topic. Must be able to prepare the presentation, develop the handouts, and work with school districts to schedule and perform required training.
Provide Certification for both PIT and Aerial Lift Operation. Includes Classroom instruction and operator certification.
Perform playground inspections. Write up reports and provide appropriate recommendations.
Work with all types of individuals that work within a school district. Includes both Certificated Staff and Classified Employees.
Manage a chemical inventory database. Includes working with a developed barcode management system.
Work with clients to comply with Hazardous Materials Business Plan compliance.
Perform GHS/HazComm training. Work with member school district clients to maintain compliance in all areas of OSHA regulations.
Perform Indoor Air Quality Assessments. Perform classroom or work area inspections for IAQ issues. Perform sampling and handling samples with appropriate COC.
Assist school district clients with developing Return to Work and modified duty assignments. May include performing Job Hazard Analysis and developing recommendations.
Any area of Employee Safety and Health
Good training skills. Perform tailgate trainings, formal training sessions, and workshops. Must be able to work with a wide variety of employees in all areas of school district business. Including, but not limited to, Teachers, PE Teachers, Special Education Teachers, Coaches, Security Officers and Campus Liaison, Instructional Aides, Bus Drivers, Mechanics, Maintenance Staff – Plumbers, Painters, Electricians, Groundskeepers, HVAC Technicians, etc., Secretaries and Clerical Staff, Noon Duty Playground Supervisors, After School Staff, Administrators, Principals, Risk Managers, Directors, Science Teachers, Custodians, etc.
Good writing skills – must be able to articulate defensible reports and recommendations of evaluations performed. Must be able to describe the issue, articulate the observations, and make the appropriate recommendations.
Organizational Skills - The ability to organize appointments, travel to sites, gather information including digital photos and complete reports.
Required Education or Certificates:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Biology or some other related field.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a CSP. (Certified Safety Professional).
- Must have a strong chemistry or hazardous materials background.
- Must possess a valid PIT and/or Aerial Lift Operators License and be able to certify other operators. Must perform classroom instruction as well as operator certification for both PIT and AL.
- Must be proficient in both Cal-OSHA and Fed-OSHA regulations. Knowledge of state, federal, ASTM, and NFPA regulations.
- Good computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access. Must be able to perform extensive database management with Access program.
- Must possess or be able to obtain certification as a playground inspector. Certified Playground Safety Inspector (CPSI).
- Experience or knowledge in AHERA or Asbestos Management is a plus. A Certified Asbestos Consultant or prior certification would be desired.
I will perform a background check.
Must be willing to relocate.