Join the Healthcare Business Insights Team!
Healthcare Business Insights (a Zimmerman company) is a membership program that provides in-depth research and thoughtful insights across the core business functions found in hospitals and health systems nationwide. HBI does this through our multiple Academy communities, which include Revenue Cycle, Information Technology, Solution Provider, Supply Chain, Labor & Productivity, and Cost & Quality. HBI helps senior executives and their teams through offering actionable strategies, analytic tools, and advisory support based on our objective best practice research in each of these areas.
Business Analysts play an important role in all quantitative and market analyses performed by the HBI team. They are involved in both the hospital data validation and auditing processes – collecting and analyzing hospital data for trending and benchmarking purposes, as well as compiling market data to compare current hospital performance against industry standards and best practices. Additionally, the Business Analyst is responsible for auditing hospital staff, processes, systems, and vendor performance to ensure adherence to policies and procedures.
- Outstanding analytical skills
- Bachelor’s degree. MBA or MHA a plus
- Strong commitment to our organization
- Good Business Communication Skills
- Excellent MS Office skills, especially MS Excel and MS Powerpoint
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Interest in healthcare finance & policy
- Collect, analyze and report hospital financial data
- Examine and evaluate hospital data trends and processes, recommending controls to ensure system reliability and data integrity
- Collect and analyze data to detect deficient processes, or non-compliance with laws, regulations, and management policies
- Audit and analyze both hospital and vendor performance – contracts and account level
- Ensures compliance with established internal control procedures by examining records, reports, operating practices, and documentation
- Prepare detailed reports on audit findings that can be reported
- Successfully complete other writing, research and analytical assignments that may require independent learning
- Assist in research projects as designated and clearly outline outcomes in a concise manner, which highlights pros, cons, and key features