Healthcare for the Homeless Employee Reviews

Rewarding but stressful job
Clincial Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 9, 2017
It is very rewarding working with the homeless population. Some of the clients are grateful, others makes it hard to provide outstanding customer service. Management makes the work culture hard to deal with.
Friendly Environment but poor management
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 5, 2017
Staff is friendly and welcoming. Management lacks understanding and vision for IT related items. Sense of urgency on security matters were extremely lacking.

Benefits and PTO are exceptional.
Pros
Friendly environment, benefits, Pto
Cons
Understanding of IT related items
Lacks Management & teamwork
Medical Team (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 24, 2017
The favoritism and lack of management makes it difficult to work in such a negative environment. The clients are great to work with however there is no teamwork and no ownership of ones position
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No teamwork or communication
Rewarding company
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 12, 2017
Working for this company is very rewarding however management can be very distant and at times non-existent. If you love helping the homeless and those that are less fortunate this is the job for you. Patience is key!
Very productive, great enviornment, great clients.
Client Access Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 27, 2017
Loved working here, learned alot that I can now take with me to other company's or even to my own daily living. Both clinics in the Baltimore area have excellent staff who are always willing to help and work together. The CEO of the company is VERY involved in the clients as well as his staff and that's rare in companies as big as HCH. The clients are great, of course you'll have your run in with a few that aren't so pleasant at times but for the most part there great. I would recommend anyone to apply with HCH in would return if possible. I worked as a Client Access Associate at the WB location and loved it! Every job has it's faults but this by far was one of the best companies I've worked for, they definitely do carea great deal and it shows. The doctors and Case Management are always willing to go that extra mile for any client on any given day and that's what I loved the most about HCH.
Pros
Great pay/benefits
Cons
Alot of internal drama but if your one that stays to yourself this wont effect you, Managers tend to leave there time out of the loop of things.
Productive for the homeless and low-income demographic
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 23, 2017
Expect the unexpected everyday coming into work! The patients will definitely stretch your patience and make it more difficult to provide excellent customer service.
Very supportive, close knit environment to work in
Case Manager MDC Re-entry Program (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 28, 2016
The is a great environment to work in, with great co workers, and very supportive management. I have learned so much in this job, and they are experiences I will be able to take with me wherever I go.
Small private practice
Medical Assistant, Back Office (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 27, 2016
Small one provider family practice office, no benefits, work schedule varies, good for starting fresh out of school experience, family owned, no room for advancement. Good friendly coworkers
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Not good for advancement
Great Experience
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 22, 2016
I was only at Health Care for the Homeless as a student learner, but in my short time everyone was very helpful and made everyday a great day. I was in the dental clinic and all of the dentists are very knowledgeable and love what they do which make it an awesome place for staff and patients.
Excellent social concern
Consumer Advocate (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 31, 2015
I helped clients rebuild their lives and integrate them back into society. I made sure they made their appointments and interfaced with the public in public places
Pros
free lunches
Cons
had to use my own car
Great Staff, and Culture
Healthcare Technology Administrator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore,MDOctober 4, 2015
Culturally sensitive to diverse groups of people. Fantastic attitude of employees and always willing to do what it takes to help the homeless population
The work with homeless was very rewarding.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEMarch 2, 2015
I enjoyed working with the people who needed the care that we could provide. I also worked in the homeless teen clinic which was both challenging and rewarding.
Cons
no breaks
I actually enjoyed working here because I was able to interact with a very diverse community.
Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 11, 2014
A typical Day at work for me would be coming into the office making sure all of the exam rooms are prestocked for doctor and patients, communitating with the other staff reguarding our patient appointment scheduling for the day, getting patients charts organized and ready for Triage, Assisting doctor with patients throughout the day, Also clinical procedures were also performed throughout my work day such as performing Blood draws. giving injections, laboratory testing, charting into patients files as well as other duties performed by an Medical Assistant.
Overall Good Place for the Homeless Population
Client Access Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 16, 2013
Healthcare for the Homeless is dedicated to servinf the Homeless population,
Pros
vacation time
Cons
staff moral
Employees are the glue, top management cause of atrocious culture
Billing (Former employee) (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 4, 2013
Employees work hard without any appreciation. No cross functional colloboration, authorative leadership style, and segregation between management and staff, inconsistent employee standards, and low employee morale.
Pros
work can be fulfilling
Cons
management is the worst, bizarre work culture
Gave an appreciation of working with homeless and healthcare
Medical Clinical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 9, 2012
I learned customer relations with assisting and talking to the patients with their reason of visit. I also learned about medical organizing. Management was pretty lenient and flexible with concerns and/or hours. I barely had any co-workers, but when I did, they were easy to get a long with. Hardest part of job was having a lot of work to do in so little time. The job is the recognition that I received when recognized for my hard work.
Pros
networking, award recognition
Cons
short break, timeframe of work
Great place but leadership needs improving
Continuous Quality Improvement Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 4, 2012
Dedicated employees but leadership needs to embrace new age of management focused on quality and transparency