Healthcare for the Homeless Employee Reviews

Very supportive, close knit environment to work in
Case Manager MDC Re-entry Program (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 28, 2016
The is a great environment to work in, with great co workers, and very supportive management. I have learned so much in this job, and they are experiences I will be able to take with me wherever I go.
Great Experience
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 22, 2016
I was only at Health Care for the Homeless as a student learner, but in my short time everyone was very helpful and made everyday a great day. I was in the dental clinic and all of the dentists are very knowledgeable and love what they do which make it an awesome place for staff and patients.
Excellent social concern
Consumer Advocate (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 31, 2015
I helped clients rebuild their lives and integrate them back into society. I made sure they made their appointments and interfaced with the public in public places
Pros
free lunches
Cons
had to use my own car
Great Staff, and Culture
Healthcare Technology Administrator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore,MDOctober 4, 2015
Culturally sensitive to diverse groups of people. Fantastic attitude of employees and always willing to do what it takes to help the homeless population
The work with homeless was very rewarding.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEMarch 2, 2015
I enjoyed working with the people who needed the care that we could provide. I also worked in the homeless teen clinic which was both challenging and rewarding.
Cons
no breaks
I actually enjoyed working here because I was able to interact with a very diverse community.
Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 11, 2014
A typical Day at work for me would be coming into the office making sure all of the exam rooms are prestocked for doctor and patients, communitating with the other staff reguarding our patient appointment scheduling for the day, getting patients charts organized and ready for Triage, Assisting doctor with patients throughout the day, Also clinical procedures were also performed throughout my work day such as performing Blood draws. giving injections, laboratory testing, charting into patients files as well as other duties performed by an Medical Assistant.
Overall Good Place for the Homeless Population
Client Access Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 16, 2013
Healthcare for the Homeless is dedicated to servinf the Homeless population,
Pros
vacation time
Cons
staff moral
Employees are the glue, top management cause of atrocious culture
Billing (Former employee) (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 4, 2013
Employees work hard without any appreciation. No cross functional colloboration, authorative leadership style, and segregation between management and staff, inconsistent employee standards, and low employee morale.
Pros
work can be fulfilling
Cons
management is the worst, bizarre work culture
Gave an appreciation of working with homeless and healthcare
Medical Clinical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 9, 2012
I learned customer relations with assisting and talking to the patients with their reason of visit. I also learned about medical organizing. Management was pretty lenient and flexible with concerns and/or hours. I barely had any co-workers, but when I did, they were easy to get a long with. Hardest part of job was having a lot of work to do in so little time. The job is the recognition that I received when recognized for my hard work.
Pros
networking, award recognition
Cons
short break, timeframe of work
Great place but leadership needs improving
Continuous Quality Improvement Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 4, 2012
Dedicated employees but leadership needs to embrace new age of management focused on quality and transparency

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Healthcare for the Homeless. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9