Healthcare for the Homeless

Healthcare for the Homeless Employee Reviews

I actually enjoyed working here because I was able to interact with a very diverse community.
Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee), Detroit, MISeptember 11, 2014
A typical Day at work for me would be coming into the office making sure all of the exam rooms are prestocked for doctor and patients, communitating with the other staff reguarding our patient appointment scheduling for the day, getting patients charts organized and ready for Triage, Assisting doctor with patients throughout the day, Also clinical procedures were also performed throughout my work day such as performing Blood draws. giving injections, laboratory testing, charting into patients files as well as other duties performed by an Medical Assistant.
Overall Good Place for the Homeless Population
Client Access Manager (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 16, 2013
Pros: vacation time
Cons: staff moral
Healthcare for the Homeless is dedicated to servinf the Homeless population,
Employees are the glue, top management cause of atrocious culture
Billing (Former employee) (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJanuary 4, 2013
Pros: work can be fulfilling
Cons: management is the worst, bizarre work culture
Employees work hard without any appreciation. No cross functional colloboration, authorative leadership style, and segregation between management and staff, inconsistent employee standards, and low employee morale.
Gave an appreciation of working with homeless and healthcare
Medical Clinical Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 9, 2012
Pros: networking, award recognition
Cons: short break, timeframe of work
I learned customer relations with assisting and talking to the patients with their reason of visit. I also learned about medical organizing. Management was pretty lenient and flexible with concerns and/or hours. I barely had any co-workers, but when I did, they were easy to get a long with. Hardest part of job was having a lot of work to do in so little time. The job is the recognition that I received when recognized for my hard work.
Great place but leadership needs improving
Continuous Quality Improvement Manager (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJune 4, 2012
Dedicated employees but leadership needs to embrace new age of management focused on quality and transparency