Healthcare Management Administrators Employee Reviews

team atmosphere with coworkers
Enrollment Data Entry / Invoicing (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJanuary 18, 2017
I really enjoyed my co workers. We all worked well to get the job done and keep up with daily goals. Hardest part of the job was Invoicing.
Pros
not micromanaged
Cons
management
Great place to work for, but the starting salary is a bit low.
Provider Specialist/Claims Pricer (Former Employee) –  Everett, WASeptember 1, 2016
HMA was a wonderful place to work for. The training for my position was excellent, and the people/departments work well with ech other to get the medical/dental claims processed accurately, and in a timely manner. I learned how to price professional, hospital and dental claims, as well as how to update/add listings for doctors and other providers. I also helped with special team projects to make pricing more accurate within certain client groups. The benifits are good, but I thought the starting wage was a little low. I believe HMA is in the process of reviewing this.
Enjoyable company to work for, Company is driven for success.
Live Well Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMarch 12, 2016
Good company to work for. Plenty of work to go around this company is in a growth faze. I learned plenty of computer skills, and database management. Decent benefits.
Pros
Monday through Friday hours, and plenty of vacation.
Cons
Benefits could be improved.
I had great success here.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WADecember 13, 2015
My job was very rewarding due to the fact that I could watch change under my leadership of teams in Account Management over the years. I had a very positive, supportive, consultative, and wonderful group of folks to lead. To watch their success improve over time was wonderful and to see how much they really enjoyed coming to work under my leadership even though we had some tough operational challenges we faced regularly. Our CEO was a great man. Unfortunately there was addition to leadership that changed the entire dynamic and not in a good way.
Stifling management OK with mediocrity
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 7, 2015
It's been a few years since I worked here, but I'm told the same people are in management roles. High performers go unappreciated and unrewarded while mediocre employees were promoted and revered. When new leadership positions became available, management decided to hire external candidates instead of the qualified internal applicants, which alienated the employees. The external new-hires did not last long, but some exceptional talent was lost in the meantime. I also heard they froze salaries for a couple of years after I left, which also caused some to jump ship.
Pros
free coffee; free parking; work from home available
Cons
underpaid, overworked, poorly managed
Corporate Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAFebruary 25, 2015
Good place to work with great staff. CEO cares about the company and has high ethics. I loved working there. HR department really cares about the staff!
Pros
Great people!
Cons
Nothing really.
THey really cared about their employees.
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJanuary 23, 2014
Hardest thing about this job was telling parents/patients that the insurance denied a treatment.
The team was always supportive and professional.
My boss was great!
I reviewed requests and admissions for my cases 50-60 patient typically. On the phone interviewing, assessing the patient's needs and coordination of care.
Pros
The people
Cons
no afternoon breaks, large case loads, multiple reports
The best place I have worked in a very long time. I wanted this to be my final place of employment
Pre-Processing Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WASeptember 26, 2013
There was never any typical day for me at HMA. I had my hands in everything. I was a trainer, a mentor, a claims processor, a claims biller, a project manager and overall jack of many trades. I learned allot from the leadership team I worked with. I learned first and foremost patience. How to handle more challenging people that I did have to work with on a regular basis such as patients, members, providers and groups we were trying to win business for. I loved the team I worked with and the fact it as a company of about 250 people. I never felt lost or not needed. The hardest part was learning how to say no and not take on too many things at once.
Pros
Great small staff, great leadership team, able to work from home if needed to
Cons
small staff, not enough time in the day to do everything, the pay
My Review of HMA
Senior Systems Engineer & Infrastructure Architect (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WaApril 4, 2013
HMA is a great place to work. With a continuous drive for customer satisfaction, HMA embraces the latest technologies that I recommend.
Heathcare Management Administrators is a third-party administrator of benefits for self-funded health plans. A wholly owned and independently operated subsidiary of Regence BlueShield and have been helping our customers meet their benefits needs for over 25 years. I'm proud to have been a significant part of this success for the past 15 years.
Pros
top notch technologies
My Review of HMA
Heathcare Management Administrartors is a third-party administrator of benefits for self-funded health plans. A wholly owned and independently operated subsidiary of Regence BlueShield and have been helping our customers meet their benefits needs for over 25 years. I'm proud to have been a significant part of this success for the past 15 years.
Pros
top notch technologies
Cons
none!

Want to know more about Healthcare Management Administrators?

Ask a question
Can be very fast pace and demanding during Open Enrollment
Enrollment Services Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 26, 2012
A Typical day at work consist of processing Web/File groups, process pharmacy vendor files, answering incoming questions regarding eligibility, process daily work loaded into database. I learned how to process PBM vendor files and there error reports, testing of groups transfering over to the electronic team. Co-workers are team based being that sometimes we have to pitch in to help each team during open enrollment. The hardest part of my job is being micro managed. The most enjoyable part of the job is doing research and finding out why things happened on the error reports for the PBM vendors.
Pros
being precise with my work being that it can effect clams, rx and elgibility
Cons
that there is not flex time for starting and ending your day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Healthcare Management Administrators. Our community is ready to answer.

Healthcare Management Administrators Reviews by Location