HealthCare Partners

HealthCare Partners Employee Reviews

great
Medical Receptionist for Dermatology (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAAugust 26, 2015
Pros: patients and employees
Cons: short break no advancements, pay
loved the patients and the workers
learned how to deal with a lot of irate patients,
loved to work with dermatology, management has gotten better but was terrible before, co workers were a joy to work with.
Work Day
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAAugust 18, 2015
AT FIRST IT WAS VERY HARD TO ADAPT TO THE BIG COMPANY, BUT THEN I REALIZED WHAT MAKES THE COMPANY KEEP ON GOING IS THE CLINICIANS AND DIRECT PATIENT CARE STAFF.
Great company; far commute
Utilization Management Care Coordinator (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CAAugust 16, 2015
Pros: Large break room, employee recognition
Cons: Commute, benefits
On a typical day I will begin with assisting providers and patients that call in for referral status' and modifications. I will go over urgent and routine referrals that are in my que and check benefits for procedures that are requested to be done. Then I will approve, deny, or cancel a referral dependent upon medical guideline and insurance coverage. My coworkers are all very helpful and friendly in assisting when needed on high volume days, we all work as a team.
The hardest part of my job is the current commute. I live in corona and spend four hours a day in traffic to get to and from my job.
The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing I pave the way for a patient to receive the health care they need in every situation in life. I sincerely love helping others in any way possible.
Management is aaful
LVN (Former Employee), CaliforniaAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Benefits, PTO
Cons: Poor Management LVN managing RN
There is no managerial support. The Costs Mesa location has been through at least 4 managers in a year. If you are not part of the " in crowd" you are scrutinized. The nurses come and go like a revolving door. Four nurses left in 3 months. There is no support if you ask for help in a 'que" that counts against you. Benefits are good. The insurance is not good if you take out Healthcare Partners. The staff are 20 something age group. You are not "allowed" to talk to any other staff member beyond five minutes or you are in the managers office, unless you are a favorite. The staff back stab each other and there are no rewards given to employees but criticism. Not a good place to work in the office environment.
No support for internal customer service
Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, Pediatrics (Former Employee), Fountain ValleyAugust 11, 2015
Great under Talbert Health Care. Once HCP took over internal customer service spiraled into negative realm and it became difficult to continue to work in such an oppressive culture where the employees got lost as far as in order of importance.
A Typical Day At Work
Provider Scheduler Coordinator/Exchange Operator (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CAJuly 29, 2015
Pros: good benefits, great coworkers, employee events
Cons: compensation, poor management
My day normally starts off by getting to work 10 minutes before my shift begins. I clock in then I sign in into five different programs.I turn my phone on exactly at 8am since I'm the exchange operator I have to be ready to answer the calls. Throughout the day I answer an average of 30-50 calls a day. I get calls from our contracted hospitals, medical offices, mortuaries etc. I send pages to the doctors on-call. I also ulpoad and edit schedules into our E-Page paging system. I take two 15 minute breaks and a one hour lunch break. Projects are prioritized and completed most often ahead of schedule.i consider myself a great team player and often participate to provide assistance to my coworkers when needed.
Great working enviroment
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 28, 2015
Pros: It was near my home
Cons: It was a temp position
My co-workers and pt's were all pleasant to work with.
There was never a typical day in the office, with a variety of pt's health it was always a new day. Checking in pt's, to taking messages, lot of movement..from the front to the back of the office.

There wasn't a hard part of the job, I was supplied with all the tools required which made the job not easy but understandable to do. I enjoyed working with the staff and helping the pt's.
Productive work enviorment
Personal Care Coordinator- Guide (Current Employee), costa mesa, caJuly 13, 2015
Very fun place to work. My co workers are amazing. I really enjoy helping my patients everyday. I feel like we want really make a difference in the lives of our patients.
Fast Pace - fullfilling and rewarding work
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Torrance, CAJuly 9, 2015
Accomplishments and expectations are known up front. All required tools provided. Management always involved. Co-workers work as a team to get the job done.
The most joyable part of my job
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAJuly 8, 2015
Pros: everyday im learning something new
Cons: is not enough hours in the day
I love what I do I love caring for my patients and seeing them coming in feeling so bad but yet when they leave they leave with a smile on there face.. I love going above and beyond for my patients because i would want the same care when i go to the Drs office or clinic
Enjoyed working with Clinicians and Nurses
Clinical Services Coordinator - Denials (Former Employee), Garden City, NYJuly 6, 2015
A typical work day was generating denial letters and communicating with various hospitals to provide denial decisions regarding services requested by their patients. I enjoyed this job because of the dedicated and fun co-workers I had. I loved working with a team that had lots of energy and drive to do their best in providing exceptional service to their clients.
Great Stepping Stone
Quality Assurance Auditor (Current Employee), Garden City, NYJune 24, 2015
Pros: Friendly, accommodating management staff
Cons: Short Lunch breaks
This is a great company to get your feet wet in the healthcare field. Whether you have minimal experience, or are the more experienced worker, this is a wonderful environment with wonderful people.
working with Healthcare Partners
Insurance Verification (Former Employee), Henderson, NVJune 17, 2015
Pros: love working in health care
Cons: it was a temp job
always wanted to work for a name such as HEALTHCARE PARTNERS. I enjoy the healthcare field and the different things I have learned over my 15yrs. of caregiving and customer service healthcare services
Great Company
MA/Phlebotomist-OBGYN/Internal Medicine (Current Employee), Bellflower, CAJune 15, 2015
Healthcare Partner is a large company that provides a wide range of services to their patients. I enjoy working here! The most enjoyable part of this job is seeing the patients happy and satisfied.
Fun and low stress workplace.
RN Care Manager (Current Employee), Chatsworth, CAMay 23, 2015
Fun is part of company's core value, in which they try to foster an environment that is reflective. Supervisors are accessible and are always willing to give you tips on how to best do your job and are flexible with your eight hour schedule, Monday through Friday, with all holidays off. The hardest part of the job was the drive, since I had such a big commute in traffic with no van pool of metro link available to my area. I enjoyed making contact with our clients and just enjoyed working with our health advocates and other nurses.
good place to work, if you work hard
Nursing Supervisor - LVN (Current Employee), Huntington Beach, CAMay 6, 2015
Pros: Hard working staff, great boss
Cons: salary low
Great staff, management, many changes in a short period of time. Difficult to find you way around the system, company very big.
good place to work
Quality Coordinator (Current Employee), Torrance, CAMay 2, 2015
Pros: flexible
Cons: change is good but multiple changes at one time is difficult.
HealthCare Partners has been a great place to work which enabled me to grow with the company. I have adapted to the many mergers that have taken place.
productive and fun work place.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 27, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people that work there awesome team ! I also learned that you can learn anything when you put your mind to it.
working here is a great experience
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAApril 17, 2015
Pros: you learn a lot and is a great experience
Cons: short breaks and raises
Nothing negative to say. I came to work everday with the expectation to get the job done and to make the patients happy and at the end of the day we all worked together to make sure that is what happend.
Medical Assistant
Senior Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Arcadia, CAApril 16, 2015
On a day- to-day basis, I provide a high level of patient’s satisfaction and customer service in all aspects of my job. Having the ability to interact with customers and deal with all types of patient care in a timely manner to meet the needs of the patient. I take initiative with providing patient education and at times go beyond by job duties and responsibilities to ensure that patient care is priority, along with being courteous and attentive to answering patient questions and concerns.
Headquarters