HealthCare Partners Employee Reviews

Too much emphasis on saving money on staffing
RN (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 13, 2016
Coming from a larger organization I was surprised that this company puts too much emphasis on promoting LVNs as supervisors and leaders. Many of the clinics have no RNs which is disturbing because triage calls go to the LVN Supervisors. Last time I checked the state scope of practice, LVNs are not licensed to assess. No room for RN advancement because its more cost effective to promote an LVN. Many administrative personnel are LVNs as well. Don't apply here if you are an RN looking for growth opportunities as there is none. High turnover rate in this company...
Pros
Lots of rep lunches
Cons
No room for advancement
Not a place for professional advancement
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 23, 2016
I started working as UM nurse & orientating with a senior nurse in the group. Some nurses working with you are not so accommodating. They won't even share their knowledge with you. Lots of bickering, blaming & gossiping. Backstabbing is an everyday norms. Old nurses working there are also bully; they love to laugh at your mistakes but never admit their shortcomings. Everyone is a team leader but not a good team member.A typical day is so exhausting & overwhelming; while you're busy meeting your deadline, old employees are busy playing with their cellphones & wandering around & playing with time.I have plans of pursuing my Masters, this is not a place for me to work. Don't even waste time applying here. .
OB/Gyn is a great department
LVN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJune 13, 2016
Everyday was a new day in the department. OB/Gyn is ever changing and the challenges were always welcomed. Every team member in the OB department was great to work with from the front to the doctors and midwives. Working with such a great team there was always something to learn. The hardest part of the job would be the abnormal results Bad News... this is never easy to hear. But on the upside every birth is a new start.
A nice company to work for
Provider Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYJuly 11, 2016
Required to visit 7 offices a day. In office occasionally for staff meetings. Educate providers and staff on quality incentive programs. Work on claims and auth issues.
Pros
Flexibility, salary, some awesome co-workers
Cons
Unorganized, lay-offs periodically, little time off for vacation
productive outgoing
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 30, 2016
heavy phones, dealing with insurance, explaining to patient about their insurance and what is cover after service has be done, I enjoy the team work where your teammates jump in an help to get the job done.
I consider my self a team player, I am a self started, motivator,out going
Pros
flexable lunches, and start time
Cons
5 day would like 4 on 3 off
i have no bad reviews from Healthcare Partners i was an employee there for 15 years and the company has downsized
Clinical Referral Specialist (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYApril 28, 2016
A typical day at work at Healthcare Partners consists of entering patient medical information data into a computer designed program.
Auditing of Referrals
Outpatient Coding
Ambulatory Surgery Coding
Hospice Coding
Discharge Calling
Scanning and attaching documents into the DOCSTAR system
Faxing, Filing, Training of New Data Entry Staff
Pros
Dress Down Policy, Overtime
Cons
no vacation days only so many hours accrued per pay period
Worst Place to work with....
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 5, 2016
I just wanted to say I had a really bad experience working this Medical group. Co-workers not respectful, bulling also not welcoming at all. wow I never work such a horrible place in my life. I just so disappointment how they could treat new employees so badly. Gpd bless their heart.
Offered great health care to patients
Employee Services Consultant (HR Generalist) (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJuly 26, 2016
Got to work with a great group of women, best experience in all my career. Would love to work with them again.
Most everyone really cared about the patients.
Pros
number of locations
Cons
immediate manager
Attentive
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILMarch 23, 2016
This is a healthcare agency therefore I would be asked to show up to rehab centers or assisted livings where they were short staffed. This was a place to care for the elderly help they maintain themselves, play games, go for walks and help with personal care. The hardest part of the job would be the drive because it is not in a certain place i would drive for sometimes an hour to arrive to my destination. However the most enjoyable time was helping and getting to know the patients.
Cons
no healthcare
13 years experience in contact lens and glasses (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAJune 22, 2016
13 years of experience in healthcare, as well as retail, admin, banking, customer service, sales associates. I liked all my jobs. Work well with others, able to work with very little to zero supervision.
Good place to start in.
Medical Assisting Externship (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CASeptember 12, 2016
It was decent plays to work at. All the doctors were nice but not all the medical assistants were. I've heard that problematic medical assistants were dealt so it should be a better place now.
Temp Employee
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAJuly 6, 2016
Covering for out of work employee in the dermatology department.

Assisted in the laboratory on a daily basis. Performed venipuncture as well prepared lab specimens for pick up.
Pros
Fast pace
Cons
temp employee
Great Experience
Biller II (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAAugust 9, 2016
Learned a lot of customer service but with patients and a lot of information regarding different insurance carriers. Also, handling reports for doctors and make sure they would balance.
great employer to work for with advancement opportunities with great benefits and 401k
Patient Services (Current Employee) –  San Gabriel CaJanuary 29, 2016
great employer to work for with advancement opportunities,excellent medical benefits and 401k.It is a faced passes medical facility that requires patience,professionalism and taking medical messages in a accurate and detailed manner.facility located in the city of San Gabriel,CA
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
no grace period at clock in
Not a good company to work for
Clerk I (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 2, 2016
Terrible company to work for didn't like the employees that I was working with. They were always commenting on how skinny I was. Not a good group to work for.
Great atmosphere, friendly staff
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 28, 2016
Non stressful environment, able to learn something new everyday, meetings are done every month to make sure everyone is on the same page
customer service
Urologist Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CAAugust 23, 2016
job security, love customer service, personal growth, fast learner, reliable, great team work, great experience, great opportunities
Productive and very friendly staff
CLERK VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Monterey Park, CAJuly 12, 2016
filed paper work, learned how to enter information onto a computer. Coworkers were friendly. Very quiet workplace. Do things at own pace.
New experiences everyday
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Akron, COAugust 23, 2016
Job was assigned in a corrections facility. You are faced with new experiences each day with all kinds of different people.
Helped many of people
Nutritionist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 25, 2016
This was my passion I loved to help people get healthier by way of food and herbs. LVNC is a great place to get help in a healthy way.