HealthCare Partners Employee Reviews in United States

Great atmosphere, friendly staff
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 28, 2016
Non stressful environment, able to learn something new everyday, meetings are done every month to make sure everyone is on the same page
Offered great health care to patients
Employee Services Consultant (HR Generalist) (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJuly 26, 2016
Got to work with a great group of women, best experience in all my career. Would love to work with them again.
Most everyone really cared about the patients.
Pros
number of locations
Cons
immediate manager
Helped many of people
Nutritionist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 25, 2016
This was my passion I loved to help people get healthier by way of food and herbs. LVNC is a great place to get help in a healthy way.
Not a place for professional advancement
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 23, 2016
I started working as UM nurse & orientating with a senior nurse in the group. Some nurses working with you are not so accommodating. They won't even share their knowledge with you. Lots of bickering, blaming & gossiping. Backstabbing is an everyday norms. Old nurses working there are also bully; they love to laugh at your mistakes but never admit their shortcomings. Everyone is a team leader but not a good team member.A typical day is so exhausting & overwhelming; while you're busy meeting your deadline, old employees are busy playing with their cellphones & wandering around & playing with time.I have plans of pursuing my Masters, this is not a place for me to work. Don't even waste time applying here. .
Productive and very friendly staff
CLERK VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Monterey Park, CAJuly 12, 2016
filed paper work, learned how to enter information onto a computer. Coworkers were friendly. Very quiet workplace. Do things at own pace.
A nice company to work for
Provider Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYJuly 11, 2016
Required to visit 7 offices a day. In office occasionally for staff meetings. Educate providers and staff on quality incentive programs. Work on claims and auth issues.
Pros
Flexibility, salary, some awesome co-workers
Cons
Unorganized, lay-offs periodically, little time off for vacation
Temp Employee
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAJuly 6, 2016
Covering for out of work employee in the dermatology department.

Assisted in the laboratory on a daily basis. Performed venipuncture as well prepared lab specimens for pick up.
Pros
Fast pace
Cons
temp employee
Worst Place to work with....
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 5, 2016
I just wanted to say I had a really bad experience working this Medical group. Co-workers not respectful, bulling also not welcoming at all. wow I never work such a horrible place in my life. I just so disappointment how they could treat new employees so badly. Gpd bless their heart.
13 years experience in contact lens and glasses (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAJune 22, 2016
13 years of experience in healthcare, as well as retail, admin, banking, customer service, sales associates. I liked all my jobs. Work well with others, able to work with very little to zero supervision.
Cons
OB/Gyn is a great department
LVN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJune 13, 2016
Everyday was a new day in the department. OB/Gyn is ever changing and the challenges were always welcomed. Every team member in the OB department was great to work with from the front to the doctors and midwives. Working with such a great team there was always something to learn. The hardest part of the job would be the abnormal results Bad News... this is never easy to hear. But on the upside every birth is a new start.
Bad with training
Recruitment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJune 12, 2016
I applied for this position and after 3 weeks was let go because according to the person I was reporting too I had made "many mistakes". The truth is that if one person there dislikes you they won't help you and train you the right way for you to succeed. I was never told what all those mistakes were, I was given a Referral/Sign on bonus report to do, and according to the person that "trained" me, this was a sensitive report that she has to take time putting together and research, she said she had sent me the correct report with information that she had added, which she didn't, she never showed me how to actually pull the information, all I was given was the steps to do like I knew all the details and put it together. Yes, I did it incorrect, but if something is so important why not sit with the person that is doing it especially on their first time and watch them do it so no mistakes are made. The company within it self is great and I really believed I would be there for a long time. Many people are very nice but many others are fake and if they don't like you, you can kiss your job good bye.
Pros
Fun environment, free lunches, business casual
Cons
Training, certain employees dont like you your gone
productive outgoing
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 30, 2016
heavy phones, dealing with insurance, explaining to patient about their insurance and what is cover after service has be done, I enjoy the team work where your teammates jump in an help to get the job done.
I consider my self a team player, I am a self started, motivator,out going
Pros
flexable lunches, and start time
Cons
5 day would like 4 on 3 off
i have no bad reviews from Healthcare Partners i was an employee there for 15 years and the company has downsized
Clinical Referral Specialist (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYApril 28, 2016
A typical day at work at Healthcare Partners consists of entering patient medical information data into a computer designed program.
Auditing of Referrals
Outpatient Coding
Ambulatory Surgery Coding
Hospice Coding
Discharge Calling
Scanning and attaching documents into the DOCSTAR system
Faxing, Filing, Training of New Data Entry Staff
Pros
Dress Down Policy, Overtime
Cons
no vacation days only so many hours accrued per pay period
Exciting day at work
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYApril 22, 2016
A very family oriented job, that made you feel welcome and did everything possible to show there appreciation for hard work,
Great Company to work for.
Internal Medicine Frederick Tannengge, MD (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVApril 20, 2016
Great atmosphere with great medical staff. Great support from Medical Physicians and office staff. Benefits offered for full time employees.
ABQ Health Partners: Clinical folks-beware; Managers-you'll love it
Cardiovascular Technologist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 13, 2016
You'll notice on their job postings that the first 95% or so of the announcement is all about tooting their corporate horn. This is your first "sign" of what's to come: lots of corporate incompetence and narcissism, loads of bad managers, and a very broad division between clinical staff and corporate management. I doubt I have to tell you who gets the longer stick every time, and you'll quickly notice patients don't get a stick at all. They get a sudden 300% increase in co-pays and are apparently suppose to love it. They also have to navigate dilapidated buildings with poor signage...but it's their fault if they're late for an appointment.

For the company's orientation, I was asked to sit amongst a pile of crumbled wet dry wall that had fallen in a recent storm, in a way too small conference room. My black pants and shoes were covered in white chalk from the mess, but I wasn't ever apologized to or offered an explanation. Instead, I had to sit through several droning speeches from corporate managers, watch videos of managers' costume parties at various luxury hotels around the country, and participate in what seemed like a cult chant kumbaya session for the company (the first day there!). It was all very surreal and oblique for an orientation, and I tried to size it up to poor planning on the part of HR and management. Surely once I was in the clinical setting, things would "normalize". Not the case.

My clinical setting was managed by someone who'd never worked in a clinical setting, thought she was a Barbie doll, and stayed hidden in her office the entire day I guess
  more... doing her nails??. I quickly learned this women couldn't get the floors at a Taco Bell mopped correctly, and definitely was in over her head here. Sadly, from what the rest of the staff and patients told me, all of the managers for this operation make very poor decisions with horrific outcomes for both patients and employees.

Fortunately, I was offered a job elsewhere that was a much better fit, and only had to tolerate 3 weeks here. It was a long three weeks, and I felt a need to warn others here, especially clinical workers who have some standards and aren't desperate to take just any job offer. You can definitely do better than this place.
Pros
Managers have costume parties in exotic locations???
Cons
Clinical staff and patients are misled and treated poorly
fun place to work with nice workers.
Medical Assistant/x-ray technician (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAMarch 28, 2016
nice company to work for. one of the leading companies in the field of providing health services these days; very strict in their internal policies.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
short breaks
Attentive
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILMarch 23, 2016
This is a healthcare agency therefore I would be asked to show up to rehab centers or assisted livings where they were short staffed. This was a place to care for the elderly help they maintain themselves, play games, go for walks and help with personal care. The hardest part of the job would be the drive because it is not in a certain place i would drive for sometimes an hour to arrive to my destination. However the most enjoyable time was helping and getting to know the patients.
Cons
no healthcare
Decent HH Company
RN Senior Program Director (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 16, 2016
Management was not fantastic, but since it is home health you get to spend all day with the patients! Makes it worth it! They pulled the program I was working and were only going to be serving the Ft. Worth area.
Pros
patients
Cons
management
fun place to work
Patient Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVFebruary 10, 2016
I feel I could not advance in the clinic I currently work at, I really love my co workers. Hardest part of my job is upset patients. Most enjoyable part of my job is helping patients.