HealthCare Partners Employee Reviews in United States

great employer to work for with advancement opportunities with great benefits and 401k
Patient Services (Current Employee) –  San Gabriel CaJanuary 29, 2016
great employer to work for with advancement opportunities,excellent medical benefits and 401k.It is a faced passes medical facility that requires patience,professionalism and taking medical messages in a accurate and detailed manner.facility located in the city of San Gabriel,CA
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
no grace period at clock in
No room for advancement
Credentialing Examiner (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAFebruary 2, 2016
There were too many changes in management in a very short time period.
I enjoyed the hard our team would put in. The effort and assistance was helpful in everyday work life.
Pros
great team
Cons
short breaks, poor management
I am motivated, enthusiastic, organized, fast pace, and a team player. Who enjoydeeply working with patients and has.
Back Office Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 30, 2015
I have the education, back ground /professional experience, and life experience for which you are searching for. In addition, While being in clinic I have learned every aspect of the office from phones, all the way to billing. I am motivated, enthusiastic, organized, fast pace, and a team player. I would appreciate the opportunity to be considered for this position. I enjoy working with patients, and being hands on when it comes to patient education, to assisting the physician with every day work.
Pros
Positive/ co-workers, invierment/pay, great benifits/pay, set hours, close locations.
Cons
No bennifits, far/multipule locations/
Management is aaful
LVN (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 14, 2015
There is no managerial support. The Costs Mesa location has been through at least 4 managers in a year. If you are not part of the " in crowd" you are scrutinized. The nurses come and go like a revolving door. Four nurses left in 3 months. There is no support if you ask for help in a 'que" that counts against you. Benefits are good. The insurance is not good if you take out Healthcare Partners. The staff are 20 something age group. You are not "allowed" to talk to any other staff member beyond five minutes or you are in the managers office, unless you are a favorite. The staff back stab each other and there are no rewards given to employees but criticism. Not a good place to work in the office environment.
Pros
Benefits, PTO
Cons
Poor Management LVN managing RN
A Typical Day At Work
Provider Scheduler Coordinator/Exchange Operator (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJuly 29, 2015
My day normally starts off by getting to work 10 minutes before my shift begins. I clock in then I sign in into five different programs.I turn my phone on exactly at 8am since I'm the exchange operator I have to be ready to answer the calls. Throughout the day I answer an average of 30-50 calls a day. I get calls from our contracted hospitals, medical offices, mortuaries etc. I send pages to the doctors on-call. I also ulpoad and edit schedules into our E-Page paging system. I take two 15 minute breaks and a one hour lunch break. Projects are prioritized and completed most often ahead of schedule.i consider myself a great team player and often participate to provide assistance to my coworkers when needed.
Pros
good benefits, great coworkers, employee events
Cons
compensation, poor management
Great mission and Values but the company does not live by them
Clinical Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Pahrump, NVJanuary 10, 2016
Caring for patients and teammates are the most engaging aspect of the job. longevity and growth is not taken into consideration when facing teammate targeting. HCP does not support managers as they should when teammates target managers for managing.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Performance is not recognized
i have no bad reviews from Healthcare Partners i was an employee there for 15 years and the company has downsized
Clinical Referral Specialist (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYApril 28, 2016
A typical day at work at Healthcare Partners consists of entering patient medical information data into a computer designed program.
Auditing of Referrals
Outpatient Coding
Ambulatory Surgery Coding
Hospice Coding
Discharge Calling
Scanning and attaching documents into the DOCSTAR system
Faxing, Filing, Training of New Data Entry Staff
Pros
Dress Down Policy, Overtime
Cons
no vacation days only so many hours accrued per pay period
Decent HH Company
RN Senior Program Director (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 16, 2016
Management was not fantastic, but since it is home health you get to spend all day with the patients! Makes it worth it! They pulled the program I was working and were only going to be serving the Ft. Worth area.
Pros
patients
Cons
management
Great Company
Medical Assistant Front Office (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CANovember 15, 2015
I loved working for this company, it was my first front office medical assistant position. I was very scared going in I had an amazing welcome, and a very patient supervisor. They took the time to train me right, I loved my co-workers and management. A typical work day was full time M-F. Checking in patients for a big medical group rotating to different clinics.
Pros
Managment, Co-workers
Cons
Some days were very overwhelming checking in 300 pts a day
A good place for your first real job
Inpatient Care Coordinator (Temp) (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CANovember 22, 2015
A typical day at work starts the same every morning , the main goal of the day is to get as much work done as possible and still make sure that the work is flawless.Co workers are helpful and pretty good with team work.
Pros
friendly and helpful co-workers, working in different departments as a temp worker
Cons
Not alot of chance for advancement from temp to hire
Healthcare Partners was a fun place to work and room to grow and learn
Notification Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAOctober 3, 2015
Coming into work knowing what kind of day it going to be and added new work assignment, Management was helpful in listen to your ideas and helping you solve them. I'm a people person co-workers made it very pleasant in my department. There was know hard part of the job that I could not figure out. Enjoyable day is knowing that you are around employers and employees that care about the company, which make it important.
Pros
Free danishes, and donuts
Cons
short lunches
great
Medical Receptionist for Dermatology (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAAugust 26, 2015
loved the patients and the workers
learned how to deal with a lot of irate patients,
loved to work with dermatology, management has gotten better but was terrible before, co workers were a joy to work with.
Pros
patients and employees
Cons
short break no advancements, pay
We were provided with accrued paid time off, occasional bonus
Patient Service Representative/ Referrals (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVDecember 24, 2015
On a daily basis I would check patients in and out as well as process referrals, scan papers into the electronic system, collect and prepare mail for send out,close out end of day batches for the day, collect and document copay's accrued for the day and send to corporate as well as answer phones and take detailed messages for the doctors. I learned a great deal from this job from customer service to how to function as a front office employee. This job also taught me how to handle difficult clients as well as handle situations on my own. Unfortunately management was constantly rotating in and out due to relocating locations or termination. My co workers were amazing and we got along, any questions they needed that I knew I would help them with. Hardest part of the job was making sure that everything was running in order and everything got done, we were seeing sometimes over 30 patients a day, and some days I would stay late to make sure everything was accomplished to the best of my ability. I enjoyed helping the patients the best I can and giving them the best care during check in and out, listen to their stories while I completed paperwork. The best part was seeing the patients smile as they left the office.
Pros
Free lunches from drug representatives, helping patients solve problems.
Cons
Late lunches
Attentive
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILMarch 23, 2016
This is a healthcare agency therefore I would be asked to show up to rehab centers or assisted livings where they were short staffed. This was a place to care for the elderly help they maintain themselves, play games, go for walks and help with personal care. The hardest part of the job would be the drive because it is not in a certain place i would drive for sometimes an hour to arrive to my destination. However the most enjoyable time was helping and getting to know the patients.
Cons
no healthcare
Nice place to work.
Ultrasound Technician (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CASeptember 17, 2015
Setting up of ultrasound machine,and open my work computer by

signing in with me password.Looking at the patient record information

for the day,Greeting the patients one by one and before starting the

procedure,making sure that patient name,age and previous history is

correct.Then explain the procedure to the patient and start scanning,

At the end of the procedure clean up the patient and let them dress

up and say goodbye to the patient.
Pros
The place i work at is a learning process, learning from my coworkers and from management.
Cons
short lunch breaks .
Great company; far commute
Utilization Management Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAAugust 16, 2015
On a typical day I will begin with assisting providers and patients that call in for referral status' and modifications. I will go over urgent and routine referrals that are in my que and check benefits for procedures that are requested to be done. Then I will approve, deny, or cancel a referral dependent upon medical guideline and insurance coverage. My coworkers are all very helpful and friendly in assisting when needed on high volume days, we all work as a team.
The hardest part of my job is the current commute. I live in corona and spend four hours a day in traffic to get to and from my job.
The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing I pave the way for a patient to receive the health care they need in every situation in life. I sincerely love helping others in any way possible.
Pros
Large break room, employee recognition
Cons
Commute, benefits
Ok Place to work
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAOctober 18, 2015
Manager is handicapped, so he can't move around much to see actual work being done by other employees. Some co-workers are nice, but can be lazy when it comes to completing work on time, The hardest part in my job is manually folding EOB's it can take a few hours to do.
Cons
Not much room for advancement, Little pay for amount of work done.
Was laid off
Prior Authorization Nurse (Former Employee) –  phDecember 29, 2015
Was laid off as off 12/31/14 due to decrease in member population. Also was moving to Tennessee after found out was being laid off. Was offered position to stay in Az but declined. Was then contacted and started work as a contracted employee (see prior review)
Pros
See prior comments
Cons
See prior comments
fun place to work with nice workers.
Medical Assistant/x-ray technician (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAMarch 28, 2016
nice company to work for. one of the leading companies in the field of providing health services these days; very strict in their internal policies.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
short breaks
Growth opportunities.
Supervisor, Front Office (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CADecember 1, 2015
HealthCare Partners has been a solid company to work for. Over the last 5 years, I have achieved personal and professional growth, which have allowed me to navigate and obtain different positions.