HealthCare Partners

HealthCare Partners Employer Reviews

Externship
Externship (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: its a big company
Cons: mean and didn't learn anything externship
I came here for an externship experience but wasn't able to learn anything. The workers weren't friendly and never had any work for me.
Busy work enviroment, always work to do. Always something new to learn
Claims Specialist (Current Employee), Torrance, CAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: good benefits, fair pay, steady.
Cons: overloaded workload
A typical day here is quite busy. Usually come in and work through your workload through the day. The atmosphere is quiet but keeps you focused. There are many opportunities to learn new things about the company. The management here will help you get through what ever areas you might need expanding in. The hardest part about the job is probably the stress you deal with in meeting production. The most enjoyable part is feeling accomplished at the end of a long day.
BUSY YET STEADY WORKPLACE AND ENVIRONMENT
MEDICAL RECEPTIONIST (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: free lunches, flexible schedule, not so pressured, friendly!
Cons: none!
A typical day would be busy but somewhat slow and steady. There is always something to do. Phone calls from patients trying to schedule an appointment, doctor offices booking surgical cases, patients calling for follow ups and so much more. The staff are all very family friendly and makes everyone feel welcomed, staff and patients included! The supervisor allows you to enjoy yourself as you are working and not make you feel so pressured. It helps the day go by alot easier without any stress. Many times, we all look forward to lunches being catered in whether it's by reps or doctors ordering. Very flexible as for work schedules but hours are great!
management favoritism
Patient Support Rep (Current Employee), Torrance,CAJanuary 8, 2015
The hardest part about the job is knowing your position is never safe. You have to be apart of "in crowd" with management team. Nothing is fair or right. Most of the co-workers are enjoyable to be around. Great attitudes and very helpful when needed. This company has taught me to just come to work, do my job and repeat.
well organized
Medical Assistant Back Office (Former Employee), Mission Hills, CANovember 17, 2014
Pros: good working hours
Cons: hard to become a permanent worker they will keep you as a temp.
This is a well organized place to work at. People are friendly and a pleasure to be around.The office hours are ideal.
Administrative Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 13, 2014
I love it here. The staff is great and willing to train you on every part of the office.
Telecommute Sales Position
Team Leader/Trainer (Former Employee), Duluth, GANovember 12, 2014
Excellent people to work for. Unfortunately they sold out to a larger corporation in Salt Lake City, UT.
Go elsewhere
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Torrance, CASeptember 29, 2014
Good company if you are are fresh out of school but not so good if you have experience. Overworked for little pay. Management is horrible and love to micromanage. They want you to break your back doing what you can without compensation. Would never recommend anyone to work here.
its been a long time dont remember much
Front Office Receptionist (Former Employee), Pasadena, CASeptember 8, 2014
its been a long time don't remember much, poor management ...
productive and fun place to work
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee), Torrance, CAAugust 26, 2014
Pros: loved patients and dr's
obtain authorization and collect appropriate monies on cash accounts or accounts identified with deductible amounts
worked medical front desk and maintained computerized and manual scheduling system
My typical day
RN Nursing Supervisor/ Infusion Nurse (Current Employee), Huntington Beach, CAAugust 20, 2014
A typical day:
I am currently working as the Infusion Nurse as well as the RN Nursing Supervisor. My typical day is seeing and providing various infusions ranging from 1 hour to 5 hours per infusion, seeing 4-5 patients per day. I also take triage calls, assess walk-in patients, provide care to "nurse only" visits and administrative duties. I am great at multitasking and pride myself on completing all to most of my tasks by the end of the day. I take pride in my work and always put in my 110% into all of my patient care. I have a great communicative and professional relationship with all of my co-workers, all of the employees that report to me as well as my superiors. I have excellent customer service skills as I handle any complaints in our clinic being the Nursing Supervisor.

I have grown and learned so much working at HealthCare Partners (previously called Talbert Medical Group). I have not only strengthened my skills but also gained knowledge on the political side; knowing, complying with and enforcing company policies and procedures and knowing how and why a medical office functions. This gives me huge insight in any future positions as it creates a backbone and a standard to the way I practice.

The hardest part of this job is knowing that I am someone who prides myself on giving 110% to all of my patients and when I get pulled in a million different directions, it is hard for me to just provide the minimal necessary care to get the job done, feeling and knowing I can do more "if only" I had more time in a day. Even though that is the toughest thing about this job, I also enjoy it as it keeps me busy and I am great at it. I get it all done with great efforts and in a timely manner.

The best part of my job is honestly the people I work with and, of course, my patients. It brings me joy seeing that I make a difference in a persons life. I love seeing healing happen and am honored to be a part of these patients journey to health.
Medical Assistant
Medical assistant (Former Employee), Fountain Valley, CAAugust 19, 2014
Being a Medical assistant,
I learn something new every day.
I like to work as a team so we can all provide excellent patient care for our patients.
there is bit of stress like anywhere else but at the end of the day I go home with peace of mind because I have done my very best to help our patients.
Bad management
Patient Service Representative/ Referrals (Former Employee), Henderson, NVAugust 1, 2014
Pros: free lunches somtimes
Cons: breaks always interrupted, no raises or bonuses
Many higher up employees as well as managers left the practice do to requirements that no one could meet.
Big Organization, lots of different employees
Claim Examiner (Former Employee), Culver City, CAJuly 30, 2014
busy work days
fast paced
must be willing to work hard
various room for growth and all positions at this company
decent place to work
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee), long beach, caJuly 3, 2014
Pros: free lunches from reps
Cons: a lot of down time
HCP is an okay place to work. not much excitement goes on but, if you don't care much about your work environment then this is the place for you.
GREAT PEOPLE
MEDICAL RECEPTIONIST / TEMP (Current Employee), SAN FERNANDO VALLEYJune 13, 2014
Cons: have no cons
I think this a very nice company to work for. I would love to work here permamently if I was looking for a fulltime job. The people are all really nice and helpful
It wasn't just a job, it was home away from home. I loved working here.
Back Office Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAApril 25, 2014
I worked in Urgent Care so it was never a typical day. Sometimes crazy busy and sometimes slow, but always learning new things and enjoying the atmosphere. Absolutely wonderful Doctors and co-workers.
sucks
Medical Assistant, TSU (Current Employee), Torrance, CAApril 3, 2014
Pros: better pay as tsu
Cons: never get breaks, no benefits
overwork with little pay, good as a first job but everyone leaves company
customer service
customer service (Former Employee), Garden City, NYMarch 24, 2014
Pros: they had employee lunchens to give back to us for our hard work
Cons: customer service we only had a 30 minute lunch break as to all the other departments had 1 hour
worked with a lot of doctors and hospital reviewed claims and auth status. reviewed provider and member eligibilty. did claims adjustment had recoupment letter sent out on claims paid in error. my co-worker are always pleasant and helpful people to work with. teaching company hand on learning with medicare and medicaid guidelines open enrollment helping members pick the right plan for there needs and benefits.
A stressful situation
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Fountain Valley, CAMarch 18, 2014
A typical day at work for us all was hectic and unorganized. Management expressed to me before hire how they believed so much in an open door policy and that was not the case. Seniority comes before anything (no one is perfect). All and all now that I amino longer there I am a lot less stressed out. I loved my co workers, getting to know them was a blast and some of the doctors were quite nice.

1 2 3 4

About HealthCare Partners

Since 1992, HealthCare Partners has been committed to developing innovative models of healthcare delivery that improve our patients' – Read more