HealthCare Partners Employee Reviews

Not just a job and a team, but a Career and Village/Annual Wellness Visit Coordinator
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 25, 2017
Working for Davita*/ HealthCare Partners, I have grown so much.
This company embraces to think out of the box and really encourages us to interact with one another. I work with patients by scheduling and prepping their future Annual wellness visit by asking questions and creating a note. I also help by rooming patients and drawing labs and administering vaccines to patients needed.
I have learned how to identify HMO medical insurance plans, as well as learning new processes. I love my upper management, if I hadn't moved away from the area I would definitely stay for a longer time with our office. I love patient care and genuinely enjoy being around people.
Pros
Awesome Supervisors and great work environment
Cons
I wish that everyone I worked with had a better work ethic and better attitude.
Nice place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAApril 25, 2017
Management supports staff. Coworkers work as team. Patient population very friendly. You actually get breaks and a lunch break. Flexible work schedule
Great place to work, with friendly staff
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pahrump, NVApril 25, 2017
I loved being the smiling face our patients seen when they first walked thru our doors. My patients got to know me, and love me. The hardest part of the job was the constant changes that were taking place. I wouldn't trade it for anything though, i definetly miss working there.
Pros
Getting to know my patients, amazing group of people to work with
Cons
Constantly changing things
Great pacients
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVApril 24, 2017
Assist in rooming and vital signs in pediatric center. Assist in specimen handling and referrals. Patients were great and fun. It was nice to watch them grow up over the years.
Pros
Great Doctors
Cons
pay
productive and a great learing environment
Patient Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAApril 20, 2017
a great place to develop skills. Learning healthcare plans and the difference an HMO and a PPO plan. Learning the bases on how to process a claim within the medical group.
"team work" environment
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAApril 17, 2017
Managament is horrible. I was having an issue with a coworker and decided to bring it up to my immediate supervisor. Instead of dealing dealing with it i was outted as a snitch and nothing was done. This obviously escalated the situation to the point that i could not take it. when i requested a transfer to another HP i was denied.
the office is completely understaffed and everyone is over worked.
Nepotism here knows no boundary.
A good place to get job experience
LVN - Care Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 10, 2017
A good place to get job experience. Politics exist like in any other corporate settings. Just do your job and do your best, you'll survive. People Services (HR) is no help if you have concerns.
great place to work.
Daylight Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Arcadia, CAApril 3, 2017
HealthCare Partners is a great place to work. I recommend the company to others. HealthCare Partners strives to provide excellent, quality patient care.
Fun workplace
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 2, 2017
Staff is friendly willing to train you, doctors are amazing Big company and offers academy's for employees you can go to different places and meet HCP employeds from different places.
Pros
Fun staff, weekends off
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 20, 2017
Being hired right out of internship showed how trusting the company is. The staff guides you in the right diretion and is always willing to lend a helping hand.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
relocated often
Productive work place
Telephonic triage nurse (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAMarch 19, 2017
As a telehealth RN, I assessed many different types of symptoms utilizing established and approved protocol guidelines. I learned a lot about different illnesses ranging from simple colds to bells palsy and myocardial infarctions. The culture was friendly. The hardest part was sometimes the overwhelming number of calls or high call volume.
Pros
Having 1 patient at a time
Cons
Long commute
One for all, all for one
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMarch 15, 2017
That is the atmosphere that the company does go by. Corporate office is nice, and the area is beautiful. If you enjoy customer service this is the job for you.
Organized work setting, poor management.
Licensed Vocational Nurse II (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 10, 2017
I do enjoy working at HealthCare Partners but management can do better. Work flow is great but when a probem arises, it may take a while for mangement to take proper action.
excellent HMO
Nursing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 6, 2017
When I worked for HCP for many years I worked in Urgent care and as a Nursing Supervisor, It was a very busy job and always lots to do which I loved. The staff enjoyed their work so management was easy. I learned a lot from the Administrators and helped with the budgeting and setting up of the new UC. The Doctors were respectful to the nurses and MA and were a pleasure to work with.
Skills wise I grew tremendously in my skills because the UC was a place that did everything from resetting a broken bone to cardioversion of a dysrhythmia. it was one of my most enjoyable jobs and the one that I most regret leaving.
Pros
as above
Cons
when I left I didnt seem able to be rehired. It was taken personally
overall good
PA-C (Current Employee) –  nevadaMarch 6, 2017
Good employer with sound core principles
I would recommend to others. Management staff excellent and huge growth potential for this company under the wing kf Divita Medical Group
Busy office, wonderful company to have worked for
PSR (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 1, 2017
Busy office, wonderful company to work for. Gained a lot of experience, knowledge. Busy office wonderful staff and great doctors to work with. Friendly environment.
Fun People
Senior Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 27, 2017
I worked here for a long time in primary care and I loved it until we had to relocate to another building, the work was hard but I felt like the employees should get paid better.
great working place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach Ca.February 17, 2017
loved working here excellent patient care and costumer service.I have learned so much from this company.Also have worked with great doctors.Would love to work for them again.
It was fast paced and loved the physicioans I assisted
Specialty Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 13, 2017
Anything that had to do with ENT was me! I worked with two pleasant surgeons who I enjoyed assisting. The environment was fast paced, which I loved. I was a specialty MA, therefore was really easy for me to cross trained in different department like, Peds, neurology, and ophthalmology.
Pros
The Enviornment
Cons
Management changed a lot from when I was first hired, they practice a lot of micromangament.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 8, 2017
I learned quickly that with hcpnv it was mostly about hitting numbers rather than quality work. I had a bad experience with a manager that belittled her employees. I disliked this the most. The company means well I'm sure if it but in my experience management could have been better.
Pros
Transferring locations
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HealthCare Partners. Our community is ready to answer.