HealthCare Partners Employee Reviews

I am motivated, enthusiastic, organized, fast pace, and a team player. Who enjoydeeply working with patients and has.
Back Office Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 30, 2015
I have the education, back ground /professional experience, and life experience for which you are searching for. In addition, While being in clinic I have learned every aspect of the office from phones, all the way to billing. I am motivated, enthusiastic, organized, fast pace, and a team player. I would appreciate the opportunity to be considered for this position. I enjoy working with patients, and being hands on when it comes to patient education, to assisting the physician with every day work.
Pros
Positive/ co-workers, invierment/pay, great benifits/pay, set hours, close locations.
Cons
No bennifits, far/multipule locations/
great employer to work for with advancement opportunities with great benefits and 401k
Patient Services (Current Employee) –  San Gabriel CaJanuary 29, 2016
great employer to work for with advancement opportunities,excellent medical benefits and 401k.It is a faced passes medical facility that requires patience,professionalism and taking medical messages in a accurate and detailed manner.facility located in the city of San Gabriel,CA
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
no grace period at clock in
Management is aaful
LVN (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 14, 2015
There is no managerial support. The Costs Mesa location has been through at least 4 managers in a year. If you are not part of the " in crowd" you are scrutinized. The nurses come and go like a revolving door. Four nurses left in 3 months. There is no support if you ask for help in a 'que" that counts against you. Benefits are good. The insurance is not good if you take out Healthcare Partners. The staff are 20 something age group. You are not "allowed" to talk to any other staff member beyond five minutes or you are in the managers office, unless you are a favorite. The staff back stab each other and there are no rewards given to employees but criticism. Not a good place to work in the office environment.
Pros
Benefits, PTO
Cons
Poor Management LVN managing RN
Not a place for professional advancement
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 23, 2016
I started working as UM nurse & orientating with a senior nurse in the group. Some nurses working with you are not so accommodating. They won't even share their knowledge with you. Lots of bickering, blaming & gossiping. Backstabbing is an everyday norms. Old nurses working there are also bully; they love to laugh at your mistakes but never admit their shortcomings. Everyone is a team leader but not a good team member.A typical day is so exhausting & overwhelming; while you're busy meeting your deadline, old employees are busy playing with their cellphones & wandering around & playing with time.I have plans of pursuing my Masters, this is not a place for me to work. Don't even waste time applying here. .
A Typical Day At Work
Provider Scheduler Coordinator/Exchange Operator (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJuly 29, 2015
My day normally starts off by getting to work 10 minutes before my shift begins. I clock in then I sign in into five different programs.I turn my phone on exactly at 8am since I'm the exchange operator I have to be ready to answer the calls. Throughout the day I answer an average of 30-50 calls a day. I get calls from our contracted hospitals, medical offices, mortuaries etc. I send pages to the doctors on-call. I also ulpoad and edit schedules into our E-Page paging system. I take two 15 minute breaks and a one hour lunch break. Projects are prioritized and completed most often ahead of schedule.i consider myself a great team player and often participate to provide assistance to my coworkers when needed.
Pros
good benefits, great coworkers, employee events
Cons
compensation, poor management
Too much emphasis on saving money on staffing
RN (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 13, 2016
Coming from a larger organization I was surprised that this company puts too much emphasis on promoting LVNs as supervisors and leaders. Many of the clinics have no RNs which is disturbing because triage calls go to the LVN Supervisors. Last time I checked the state scope of practice, LVNs are not licensed to assess. No room for RN advancement because its more cost effective to promote an LVN. Many administrative personnel are LVNs as well. Don't apply here if you are an RN looking for growth opportunities as there is none. High turnover rate in this company...
Pros
Lots of rep lunches
Cons
No room for advancement
Great company; far commute
Utilization Management Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAAugust 16, 2015
On a typical day I will begin with assisting providers and patients that call in for referral status' and modifications. I will go over urgent and routine referrals that are in my que and check benefits for procedures that are requested to be done. Then I will approve, deny, or cancel a referral dependent upon medical guideline and insurance coverage. My coworkers are all very helpful and friendly in assisting when needed on high volume days, we all work as a team.
The hardest part of my job is the current commute. I live in corona and spend four hours a day in traffic to get to and from my job.
The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing I pave the way for a patient to receive the health care they need in every situation in life. I sincerely love helping others in any way possible.
Pros
Large break room, employee recognition
Cons
Commute, benefits
i have no bad reviews from Healthcare Partners i was an employee there for 15 years and the company has downsized
Clinical Referral Specialist (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYApril 28, 2016
A typical day at work at Healthcare Partners consists of entering patient medical information data into a computer designed program.
Auditing of Referrals
Outpatient Coding
Ambulatory Surgery Coding
Hospice Coding
Discharge Calling
Scanning and attaching documents into the DOCSTAR system
Faxing, Filing, Training of New Data Entry Staff
Pros
Dress Down Policy, Overtime
Cons
no vacation days only so many hours accrued per pay period
Bad with training
Recruitment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJune 12, 2016
I applied for this position and after 3 weeks was let go because according to the person I was reporting too I had made "many mistakes". The truth is that if one person there dislikes you they won't help you and train you the right way for you to succeed. I was never told what all those mistakes were, I was given a Referral/Sign on bonus report to do, and according to the person that "trained" me, this was a sensitive report that she has to take time putting together and research, she said she had sent me the correct report with information that she had added, which she didn't, she never showed me how to actually pull the information, all I was given was the steps to do like I knew all the details and put it together. Yes, I did it incorrect, but if something is so important why not sit with the person that is doing it especially on their first time and watch them do it so no mistakes are made. The company within it self is great and I really believed I would be there for a long time. Many people are very nice but many others are fake and if they don't like you, you can kiss your job good bye.
Pros
Fun environment, free lunches, business casual
Cons
Training, certain employees dont like you your gone
OB/Gyn is a great department
LVN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJune 13, 2016
Everyday was a new day in the department. OB/Gyn is ever changing and the challenges were always welcomed. Every team member in the OB department was great to work with from the front to the doctors and midwives. Working with such a great team there was always something to learn. The hardest part of the job would be the abnormal results Bad News... this is never easy to hear. But on the upside every birth is a new start.
No room for advancement
Credentialing Examiner (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAFebruary 2, 2016
There were too many changes in management in a very short time period.
I enjoyed the hard our team would put in. The effort and assistance was helpful in everyday work life.
Pros
great team
Cons
short breaks, poor management
A nice company to work for
Provider Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYJuly 11, 2016
Required to visit 7 offices a day. In office occasionally for staff meetings. Educate providers and staff on quality incentive programs. Work on claims and auth issues.
Pros
Flexibility, salary, some awesome co-workers
Cons
Unorganized, lay-offs periodically, little time off for vacation
productive outgoing
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 30, 2016
heavy phones, dealing with insurance, explaining to patient about their insurance and what is cover after service has be done, I enjoy the team work where your teammates jump in an help to get the job done.
I consider my self a team player, I am a self started, motivator,out going
Pros
flexable lunches, and start time
Cons
5 day would like 4 on 3 off
Worst Place to work with....
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 5, 2016
I just wanted to say I had a really bad experience working this Medical group. Co-workers not respectful, bulling also not welcoming at all. wow I never work such a horrible place in my life. I just so disappointment how they could treat new employees so badly. Gpd bless their heart.
Offered great health care to patients
Employee Services Consultant (HR Generalist) (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJuly 26, 2016
Got to work with a great group of women, best experience in all my career. Would love to work with them again.
Most everyone really cared about the patients.
Pros
number of locations
Cons
immediate manager
Attentive
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILMarch 23, 2016
This is a healthcare agency therefore I would be asked to show up to rehab centers or assisted livings where they were short staffed. This was a place to care for the elderly help they maintain themselves, play games, go for walks and help with personal care. The hardest part of the job would be the drive because it is not in a certain place i would drive for sometimes an hour to arrive to my destination. However the most enjoyable time was helping and getting to know the patients.
Cons
no healthcare
Good place to start in.
Medical Assisting Externship (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CASeptember 12, 2016
It was decent plays to work at. All the doctors were nice but not all the medical assistants were. I've heard that problematic medical assistants were dealt so it should be a better place now.
13 years experience in contact lens and glasses (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAJune 22, 2016
13 years of experience in healthcare, as well as retail, admin, banking, customer service, sales associates. I liked all my jobs. Work well with others, able to work with very little to zero supervision.
Great Experience
Biller II (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAAugust 9, 2016
Learned a lot of customer service but with patients and a lot of information regarding different insurance carriers. Also, handling reports for doctors and make sure they would balance.
Temp Employee
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAJuly 6, 2016
Covering for out of work employee in the dermatology department.

Assisted in the laboratory on a daily basis. Performed venipuncture as well prepared lab specimens for pick up.
Pros
Fast pace
Cons
temp employee