HealthCare Partners Employee Reviews in United States

13 years experience in contact lens and glasses (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAJune 22, 2016
13 years of experience in healthcare, as well as retail, admin, banking, customer service, sales associates. I liked all my jobs. Work well with others, able to work with very little to zero supervision.
Cons
OB/Gyn is a great department
LVN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJune 13, 2016
Everyday was a new day in the department. OB/Gyn is ever changing and the challenges were always welcomed. Every team member in the OB department was great to work with from the front to the doctors and midwives. Working with such a great team there was always something to learn. The hardest part of the job would be the abnormal results Bad News... this is never easy to hear. But on the upside every birth is a new start.
Bad with training
Recruitment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJune 12, 2016
I applied for this position and after 3 weeks was let go because according to the person I was reporting too I had made "many mistakes". The truth is that if one person there dislikes you they won't help you and train you the right way for you to succeed. I was never told what all those mistakes were, I was given a Referral/Sign on bonus report to do, and according to the person that "trained" me, this was a sensitive report that she has to take time putting together and research, she said she had sent me the correct report with information that she had added, which she didn't, she never showed me how to actually pull the information, all I was given was the steps to do like I knew all the details and put it together. Yes, I did it incorrect, but if something is so important why not sit with the person that is doing it especially on their first time and watch them do it so no mistakes are made. The company within it self is great and I really believed I would be there for a long time. Many people are very nice but many others are fake and if they don't like you, you can kiss your job good bye.
Pros
Fun environment, free lunches, business casual
Cons
Training, certain employees dont like you your gone
productive outgoing
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 30, 2016
heavy phones, dealing with insurance, explaining to patient about their insurance and what is cover after service has be done, I enjoy the team work where your teammates jump in an help to get the job done.
I consider my self a team player, I am a self started, motivator,out going
Pros
flexable lunches, and start time
Cons
5 day would like 4 on 3 off
i have no bad reviews from Healthcare Partners i was an employee there for 15 years and the company has downsized
Clinical Referral Specialist (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYApril 28, 2016
A typical day at work at Healthcare Partners consists of entering patient medical information data into a computer designed program.
Auditing of Referrals
Outpatient Coding
Ambulatory Surgery Coding
Hospice Coding
Discharge Calling
Scanning and attaching documents into the DOCSTAR system
Faxing, Filing, Training of New Data Entry Staff
Pros
Dress Down Policy, Overtime
Cons
no vacation days only so many hours accrued per pay period
Exciting day at work
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYApril 22, 2016
A very family oriented job, that made you feel welcome and did everything possible to show there appreciation for hard work,
Great Company to work for.
Internal Medicine Frederick Tannengge, MD (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVApril 20, 2016
Great atmosphere with great medical staff. Great support from Medical Physicians and office staff. Benefits offered for full time employees.
ABQ Health Partners: Clinical folks-beware; Managers-you'll love it
Cardiovascular Technologist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 13, 2016
You'll notice on their job postings that the first 95% or so of the announcement is all about tooting their corporate horn. This is your first "sign" of what's to come: lots of corporate incompetence and narcissism, loads of bad managers, and a very broad division between clinical staff and corporate management. I doubt I have to tell you who gets the longer stick every time, and you'll quickly notice patients don't get a stick at all. They get a sudden 300% increase in co-pays and are apparently suppose to love it. They also have to navigate dilapidated buildings with poor signage...but it's their fault if they're late for an appointment.

For the company's orientation, I was asked to sit amongst a pile of crumbled wet dry wall that had fallen in a recent storm, in a way too small conference room. My black pants and shoes were covered in white chalk from the mess, but I wasn't ever apologized to or offered an explanation. Instead, I had to sit through several droning speeches from corporate managers, watch videos of managers' costume parties at various luxury hotels around the country, and participate in what seemed like a cult chant kumbaya session for the company (the first day there!). It was all very surreal and oblique for an orientation, and I tried to size it up to poor planning on the part of HR and management. Surely once I was in the clinical setting, things would "normalize". Not the case.

My clinical setting was managed by someone who'd never worked in a clinical setting, thought she was a Barbie doll, and stayed hidden in her office the entire day I guess
  more... doing her nails??. I quickly learned this women couldn't get the floors at a Taco Bell mopped correctly, and definitely was in over her head here. Sadly, from what the rest of the staff and patients told me, all of the managers for this operation make very poor decisions with horrific outcomes for both patients and employees.

Fortunately, I was offered a job elsewhere that was a much better fit, and only had to tolerate 3 weeks here. It was a long three weeks, and I felt a need to warn others here, especially clinical workers who have some standards and aren't desperate to take just any job offer. You can definitely do better than this place.
Pros
Managers have costume parties in exotic locations???
Cons
Clinical staff and patients are misled and treated poorly
fun place to work with nice workers.
Medical Assistant/x-ray technician (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAMarch 28, 2016
nice company to work for. one of the leading companies in the field of providing health services these days; very strict in their internal policies.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
short breaks
Attentive
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILMarch 23, 2016
This is a healthcare agency therefore I would be asked to show up to rehab centers or assisted livings where they were short staffed. This was a place to care for the elderly help they maintain themselves, play games, go for walks and help with personal care. The hardest part of the job would be the drive because it is not in a certain place i would drive for sometimes an hour to arrive to my destination. However the most enjoyable time was helping and getting to know the patients.
Cons
no healthcare
Decent HH Company
RN Senior Program Director (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 16, 2016
Management was not fantastic, but since it is home health you get to spend all day with the patients! Makes it worth it! They pulled the program I was working and were only going to be serving the Ft. Worth area.
Pros
patients
Cons
management
fun place to work
Patient Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVFebruary 10, 2016
I feel I could not advance in the clinic I currently work at, I really love my co workers. Hardest part of my job is upset patients. Most enjoyable part of my job is helping patients.
No room for advancement
Credentialing Examiner (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAFebruary 2, 2016
There were too many changes in management in a very short time period.
I enjoyed the hard our team would put in. The effort and assistance was helpful in everyday work life.
Pros
great team
Cons
short breaks, poor management
great employer to work for with advancement opportunities with great benefits and 401k
Patient Services (Current Employee) –  San Gabriel CaJanuary 29, 2016
great employer to work for with advancement opportunities,excellent medical benefits and 401k.It is a faced passes medical facility that requires patience,professionalism and taking medical messages in a accurate and detailed manner.facility located in the city of San Gabriel,CA
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
no grace period at clock in
Great mission and Values but the company does not live by them
Clinical Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Pahrump, NVJanuary 10, 2016
Caring for patients and teammates are the most engaging aspect of the job. longevity and growth is not taken into consideration when facing teammate targeting. HCP does not support managers as they should when teammates target managers for managing.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Performance is not recognized
fun place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 8, 2016
a typical day is smiling to the patient's, assisting the doc or pa with kind and accurate patient care. medication refill, injections, x ray's. etc.
I am motivated, enthusiastic, organized, fast pace, and a team player. Who enjoydeeply working with patients and has.
Back Office Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 30, 2015
I have the education, back ground /professional experience, and life experience for which you are searching for. In addition, While being in clinic I have learned every aspect of the office from phones, all the way to billing. I am motivated, enthusiastic, organized, fast pace, and a team player. I would appreciate the opportunity to be considered for this position. I enjoy working with patients, and being hands on when it comes to patient education, to assisting the physician with every day work.
Pros
Positive/ co-workers, invierment/pay, great benifits/pay, set hours, close locations.
Cons
No bennifits, far/multipule locations/
Was laid off
Prior Authorization Nurse (Former Employee) –  phDecember 29, 2015
Was laid off as off 12/31/14 due to decrease in member population. Also was moving to Tennessee after found out was being laid off. Was offered position to stay in Az but declined. Was then contacted and started work as a contracted employee (see prior review)
Pros
See prior comments
Cons
See prior comments
We were provided with accrued paid time off, occasional bonus
Patient Service Representative/ Referrals (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVDecember 24, 2015
On a daily basis I would check patients in and out as well as process referrals, scan papers into the electronic system, collect and prepare mail for send out,close out end of day batches for the day, collect and document copay's accrued for the day and send to corporate as well as answer phones and take detailed messages for the doctors. I learned a great deal from this job from customer service to how to function as a front office employee. This job also taught me how to handle difficult clients as well as handle situations on my own. Unfortunately management was constantly rotating in and out due to relocating locations or termination. My co workers were amazing and we got along, any questions they needed that I knew I would help them with. Hardest part of the job was making sure that everything was running in order and everything got done, we were seeing sometimes over 30 patients a day, and some days I would stay late to make sure everything was accomplished to the best of my ability. I enjoyed helping the patients the best I can and giving them the best care during check in and out, listen to their stories while I completed paperwork. The best part was seeing the patients smile as they left the office.
Pros
Free lunches from drug representatives, helping patients solve problems.
Cons
Late lunches
Growth opportunities.
Supervisor, Front Office (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CADecember 1, 2015
HealthCare Partners has been a solid company to work for. Over the last 5 years, I have achieved personal and professional growth, which have allowed me to navigate and obtain different positions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HealthCare Partners. Our community is ready to answer.