HealthCare Partners Employee Reviews

excellent HMO
Nursing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 6, 2017
When I worked for HCP for many years I worked in Urgent care and as a Nursing Supervisor, It was a very busy job and always lots to do which I loved. The staff enjoyed their work so management was easy. I learned a lot from the Administrators and helped with the budgeting and setting up of the new UC. The Doctors were respectful to the nurses and MA and were a pleasure to work with.
Skills wise I grew tremendously in my skills because the UC was a place that did everything from resetting a broken bone to cardioversion of a dysrhythmia. it was one of my most enjoyable jobs and the one that I most regret leaving.
Pros
as above
Cons
when I left I didnt seem able to be rehired. It was taken personally
It was fast paced and loved the physicioans I assisted
Specialty Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 13, 2017
Anything that had to do with ENT was me! I worked with two pleasant surgeons who I enjoyed assisting. The environment was fast paced, which I loved. I was a specialty MA, therefore was really easy for me to cross trained in different department like, Peds, neurology, and ophthalmology.
Pros
The Enviornment
Cons
Management changed a lot from when I was first hired, they practice a lot of micromangament.
Productive work place
Telephonic triage nurse (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAMarch 19, 2017
As a telehealth RN, I assessed many different types of symptoms utilizing established and approved protocol guidelines. I learned a lot about different illnesses ranging from simple colds to bells palsy and myocardial infarctions. The culture was friendly. The hardest part was sometimes the overwhelming number of calls or high call volume.
Pros
Having 1 patient at a time
Cons
Long commute
Terrible experience
N/A (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYDecember 26, 2016
Nepotism, Low company morale, toxic culture, unprofessionalism, favoritism, incompetent upper management. Lack of communication. Lack of employee advocacy. No respect for professionals. Poor leadership. Employees are allowed to sabotage others in order to bring in their friends. Lack of support from upper management. Poor quality of care provided to members due to incompetency of upper leadership.
Pros
Nice building. Good IT team.
Cons
High employee turnover. Low PTO days. No job security.
Network Operations Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 27, 2016
The worst thing about job was the way the work was process and the access limitations because of the way things were done, time management was a big issue. So if you are interest in a position were you do not process any documents and basically answer phones and send internal emails to other departments to have work done than this is the ideal job.
Pros
Cons
time management, access limitation
Friendly Staff and Amazing Doctors
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 5, 2017
Great place to work, flexible if continuing your education with employee recognitions almost twice a month. Great place to work, the Staff and Doctors teach you in surgical procedures, highly recommend this place to anyone who wants to work for this company
Pros
Free lunches for events, Great Staff and management
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 8, 2017
I learned quickly that with hcpnv it was mostly about hitting numbers rather than quality work. I had a bad experience with a manager that belittled her employees. I disliked this the most. The company means well I'm sure if it but in my experience management could have been better.
Pros
Transferring locations
Cons
My review is written below
RN Care Manager Region (Current Employee) –  2150 W 190th St. Torrance, Ca 90504November 7, 2016
A secure workplace that provides ongoing training for the various Health plans available. Allows me to interact/provide teaching to families in need of disease management training and explanations of their treatment plans. I enjoy working with a team of other Care Managers, which helps to enhance my opportunity for growth within the health care field.
Pros
Flexibility and autonomy in my department
Cons
Sitting behind a computer/telephone all day. No personal growth potential
Stressful environment and no room for advancement, poor pay work overload
Nationally Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 28, 2017
Not a good company. Too much work too stressful and not enough pay. No overtime allowed. Unreliable staff. Training on weekends. I do love the variety of patience.
Pros
Free lunches, PTO
Cons
Poor management, low pay, no recognition
A nice place to work
Clinical Referral Specialist (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYFebruary 6, 2017
Nothing bad to say about Healthcare Partners I was there for 15 years I was laid off due to company downsizing. I have great references and personal reccommendations from Healthcare Partners.
Pros
Casual Dress
Cons
MLK Jr Holiday we have to use our paid time off
always having hot dogs events, halloween, Chirstmas parties
Claims Examiner III/ Analyst (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJanuary 24, 2017
HealthCare Partner is a great company to work for.They always have different events for the employees to enjoy. they also have conferences once a year
Pros
working as a team
Cons
wages, short lunch breaks.
Health Care Partners review
Patient Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CASeptember 21, 2016
for me, it was a very good location for not just getting familiar with a health care business, but also being on the level of learning with fellow employees exactly how to utilize our software and computers to not only make our duties easier to perform, and also more accurately. but the computers and software gave us a look at the possibility of making other documents for personal records, daily, and eliminate having to bring up records from other software just for finding out when a patent was discharged.
Pros
at the time, in my opinion, i found the right job i needed to be working, and learned from supervision and co-workers at well.
Cons
no cons.
Very productive environment
Patient Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJanuary 16, 2017
Great teamwork and I met some of the best people and friends in my life through my experience working there! I would be thrilled to have an opportunity to work with this company again if given the opportunity.
It's a great place when getting starting working in the medical field.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CADecember 14, 2016
A great place to get started working out of school to get work experience. Work with wonderful doctors. Typical work hours.
Pros
They have lunch meeting with food. Work with great people.
Cons
You stay busy all day
Doctors were very good to their patients and staff
Medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomingdale, FLNovember 8, 2016
Worked at their bloomingdale, FL location for nearly a year,
Doctors were terrific with patients and staff.
Clinical manager terrific. Staff on the other hand were horrible, beginning with administrative manager and assistant manager, these two are related and set the office up for gossip and unprofessional behavior. The medical assistants all behaved like elementary age children and teamed up against new staff, They spoke badly about the patients and the staff and each other and made working at this facility very unpleasant. Loved my position and my work and the patient who were all so very nice, but could not bring my self to get up every morning to face another day working at that place.
It really is a shame.
Pros
Benefits, schedule- no weekends or Holiday work. Full hour for lunch.
Cons
Unprofessional behavior, extreme gossip and Harassment by administrative directors and medical assistants.
Organized work setting, poor management.
Licensed Vocational Nurse II (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 10, 2017
I do enjoy working at HealthCare Partners but management can do better. Work flow is great but when a probem arises, it may take a while for mangement to take proper action.
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 20, 2017
Being hired right out of internship showed how trusting the company is. The staff guides you in the right diretion and is always willing to lend a helping hand.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
relocated often
Changing Culture of HealthCare Partners
Manager, Accounting (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CANovember 15, 2016
As HealthCare Partners assimilates its culture to fit with DaVita, significant culture changes are evident. Many functions have been transferred to other DaVita locations (principally WA and CO) with more to occur in 2017.
Nice work space
Senior Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAJanuary 6, 2017
The typical work day is pretty good. You know what you coming to work to do. My co-workers are great people to work with. The hardest part of this job is that the wages are low.
Pros
Nice work space
Cons
Low wages
In need a huge management reform
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  South Bay, Long Beach, Orange CountyAugust 17, 2016
The company that recently has merged with HCP, Davita, has a set of core values that are both ideal and respectable. The implementation of the core values is what the company lacks over all. The job itself, helping patients, being integral part of care is awesome. However the compensation does not match the proposed commitment and management is not open to actively hearing out their employees. There may be hope, but currently the overall condition is lacking in the fun, integrity and team work department.
They are losing quality people daily and it seems they have no clue.
Pros
Some sites still have free lunches; quality friendships
Cons
Patient Access, grievance resolution; Respect from Dr.'s

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HealthCare Partners. Our community is ready to answer.