We are looking for a highly successful sales representative who will be soliciting healthcare providers to promote our company’s specialty pharmacy service and program offerings, as a Provider Relations Representative in our Boston North (MA) territory. This is a unique sales position that involves understanding and discussing disease specific pharmaceuticals used by specific types of healthcare specialists.
We are seeking a highly motivated professional to drive patient referrals and build relationships with particular specialty practices in MA, in order to help them understand the importance of our services and programs. We are looking for this professional to promote and increase the company’s brand, services and program offerings through effective interactions with health care providers, professionals, staff and organizations in order to increase patient referrals.
Provider locations include but are not limited to private practices, institutions, clinics, health centers and patient outreach and support organizations. Experience calling on/selling to GI providers/staff highly desirable.
The candidate must have a high regard for service, be very personable and compassionate, demonstrate a high aptitude for learning about the specialty pharmacy healthcare environment and business, be aggressive in pursuit of the business but not engage in unethical behaviors and be the ultimate “go-getter”; get up, get out and get it done.
Proper in-house training that is highly specific to the role of this position, will be provided. Real-time, in the field training will be included as well.
This is a salary position that also includes an aggressive, uncapped commission plan. Must have a reliable vehicle and mileage reimbursement is provided.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Create and nurture business relationships with health care providers and customers.
- With management’s input, create strategies to approach current and potential customers and increase referrals.
- Set up and execute appointments with health care providers, staff, institutions and support/outreach organizations.
- Effectively set up and execute presentations about the company and its services and program offerings.
- Maintain detailed records of all contacts, presentations and meetings and create reports when needed.
- Keep current with clinical data and be prepared to discuss with health care professionals.
- Stay informed about the activities of health care providers and institutions within a specific geographic area.
- Keep current with the competition's products, service offerings and activities and frequently report back to management.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all company support departments.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 1-3 years’ experience in pharmaceutical or health care related sales highly desirable but not required.
- Experience and success calling on GI health care professionals/staff in MA highly desirable.
- Experience working for a start-up company highly desirable. Flexibility and a desire to “learn as you grow” are very important.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish highly desirable.
- Must have a reliable vehicle for which the company will reimburse mileage.
- This is a full-time salaried position with aggressive uncapped commission plan.