Healthcare Scouts Employee Reviews in United States

Staff is very helpful and easy to work with
Referral Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 15, 2016
There are opportunities as they are available and staff will alert you to when assignments are open. The office team is professional and glad to help you in every way.
Scouts is a Job - but definitely Not a Career...
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLDecember 17, 2015
Scouts has potential to gain exposure to many aspects of sales. It will help give you a thicker skin. You will learn a lot (if you can last longer than 3 months) Be prepared to be a self-starter, as they do not train new hires hardly at all anymore. If you are a go-getter, you will probably progress with the company fairly quick. (If you have ethics and morals, you will probably want to get out and run away within a year.) There is however, high potential to make a lot of money.

Many of the recruiters and most of sales are very kind, and willing to socialize and help out. The quarterly parties are big- you get lots free food.

You do get what you put in- as in making your commission and placing people. The more hours you work, the faster you catch on, and the more stress you put on yourself- the more money you will make.

I did not necessarily hate Scouts and I am not a disgruntled employee who was fired. I made the decision to leave, on my own, and I highly disagree with the way the company is run and how they treat employees.

That being said, if you are looking for a sincere environment, with the expectation of feeling truly invested in, this is not the place to be. Your well-being, your best interests and work-life balance are all not things that you will see at Healthcare Scouts.

Scouts does have great earning potential- I made a lot of money there. However, there are MANY sacrifices that come with that. And a lot of fake praise to try to make it seem like they really care about you as a person. It just all depends on how long you can stand working for a company
  more... with very poor morale and culture.

They do a great job at painting a pretty picture during recruitment and interviews. Really great people have come and gone, and many have gotten fired, inappropriately for that matter. Scouts fires people for crazy reasons on a regular basis. You NEED a thick skin to work at Scouts; and hard work will not help you keep your job if you are having a rough time catching on or ramping up.

Messages from the President usually include something like, “Every single click of the mouse you make matters” or “Nothing goes unnoticed”. Insinuating indirectly that they basically watch every move you make at every time.

In recruiting and sales you will need to put in the extra hours and work to make money- and in this case especially, keep your job. This is NOT an 8a-5p job, which would be fine if it were for the right company/job. You will need t work from home in order to be a successful recruiter.

Mandatory overtime is a VERY consistent ritual. About every month or so, leadership will encourage people to work extra hours, and if most people choose not to, they will just demand it from everyone. Even though successful recruiters and sales members always put in the additional hours all of the time without being told, this still continues.

IT and Admins are not able to provide real assistance the recruiters and the biggest reason they claim they can’t help the recruiters with anything is because “they do not have the bandwidth” or time. But, they do have the bandwidth and hours to audit every single thing the recruiters do and generate reports and warnings on it.

The Enterprise team still consists of a few VERY lucky women who were handed already existing accounts from the previous President. They are extremely disrespectful and rude; and for being given all of their accounts and not having to work too hard for anything, they are always the most irritated and unfriendly of anyone in the office.
Pros
big quarterly parties with lots of food, lots of coffee, potential to earn a lot of money but that comes with a high cost
Cons
see overall review
Great Company!
CLAIMS SUPPORT LIAISON (Former Employee) –  Clayton, MOJuly 22, 2015
HealthCare Scouts is located in a different state than myself. I was registered with every temp service company local to me and doing my own job hunting as well. After several months of no luck job hunting HealthCare Scouts found my resume online & called me up with a job offer and I was back to work in a matter of a couple of days!
Unfair Place to Work, Management is VERY UNPROFESSIONAL
Cred (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 4, 2015
Management was nice to your face but would gossip about you behind your back to other managers and/or staff members. Only gave me 2 days of being out on the floor by myself and let me go because they said I didnt have the experience I reflected on my resume. My questions I had were systematical questions, not procedure related questions. It was 100% unfair and I don't know what to make of it because of how unfair and unreal it seemed. All the management team that was on the floor was all women so I am not sure if there were too many hens in the hen house kinda thing so they wanted to boot me out, maybe another staff member that was friends with the manager had a friend wanting to get in to the company or something?? I am honestly really not too sure but there was something behind it all because how does a new hire get out on the floor on their own for the second day and is let go for asking questions that are related to their system, not procedures? I thought questions were good, at least at my previous employers it was always encouraged rather than guessing.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management is unfair, Lots of gossiping goes on between managers and staff members, unprofessional
horrible work environment
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJanuary 18, 2015
hire and fire people at ridiulous amounts. High pay but no job security. fire over half their new employees every couple months.
Call Center setting
Referral Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Austin TexasAugust 20, 2014
Temp service good to work with. Temp assigment on job training at company not focused on all needed to be sucessful.
Pros
not exciting/training limited
Cons
not exciting/training limited
A total NIGHTMARE!
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Winter ParkMarch 15, 2014
See glass door for thorough of this company. They are not after your best interest and will get rid of you without any warning. I would do some research and your due diligence before signing on with them.
EVERYTHING, bad culture, terrible management, poor compensation mislead you from beginning with commissions (Must wait 30-120 days or more to get paid), Managers COMPETE against you leading to hostile work environment and favoritism to certain individuals, just an extremely terrible place to work and was nothing short of a nightmare. I fully regret ever giving this company a chance.
Pros
m-f
Cons
everything, do your research on them
Great experience!
PROGRAM SPECIALIST I - CENTENE CORPORATION (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLFebruary 16, 2014
Great communication and placement with my recrutier Willie JIles!
A company located in Florida
Provider Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 11, 2013
Learned some great things about the behavior health side of insurance.
Pros
parking garage available
Cons
in the heart of downtown traffic
The place was a bit different from some call centers I've worked for.
Support Liasion (Former Employee) –  Clayton, MOMay 10, 2013
The company Healthcare Scouts had me working for was an ok company. I enjoyed working there.
Great Company To Work For
Bilingual Customer Care Professional (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 19, 2012
This hiring agency does a great of finding positions that are suitable for you and good pay.

2.7