Currently in need of a Dietary Cook. The applicant must have the following qualifications:
1) 1-4 years of Dietary cooking experience in a Nursing home or Hospital or Restaurant
2) Must have the ability to read , speak and understand English.
3) Follows direction and completes tasks in a timely manner.
4) Have knowledge of basic concepts of nutrition and diet management for regular, texture modified and other therapeutic diets.
5) Have the ability to supervise dietary personnel in food service
1) Prepares food for meals one main dish and one alternate meal. Including modified textures (i.e. mechanical, pureed and regular textures)
2) Be able to supervise dietary aides in the preparation and serving of foods on tray line.
3) Follows instructions of the Nutrition Services Director in the preparation of meals and maintains meal schedules.
4) Prepares food by methods that conserve nutritive value and flavor. Insures foods are palatable, attractive and in the proper form to meet the individual’s needs.
5) Assures that all food items are handled properly to insure safety and sanitation standards according to State and Federal regulations. Properly stores, covers, and refrigerates necessary items. Insure that foods are cooked to the appropriate temperatures according the FDA Food code.
6) Practices and supervises infection control policies.
7) Performs other duties as assigned by the Nutrition services Director.
8) Be available for all holidays and weekends if full time is achieved.
Dietary Aide Position
- Able to read, speak and understand the English language
- Ability to follow time schedules for meal preparation and serving
- Maintain a clean neat and well groomed appearance
- Dependable and experienced with working in facilities utilizing quantity food production methods
- Be able to prepare hot and cold foods as directed, follow recipes and menus for creating regular, texture modified and therapeutic diets
- Prepare resident trays with the proper eating utensils and checking for accuracy
- Prepares snacks and nourishments according to the resident food preferences and doctor’s orders.
- Cleans food prep areas and utensils and meal service
- Follows posted cleaning schedules and uses proper sanitation and cleaning methods
- Practices safety, and infection control, and emergency procedures according to facility procedures
- Performs some other duties that may be assigned by the cook or Dietary Manager
- Always remain courteous and professional when communicating with all residents and staff
All applicants must pass a background check to be hired.