Healthcare Solutions Team

Healthcare Solutions Team Employee Reviews in United States

I just started so too early to tell yet
Independent Agent (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORDecember 19, 2015
Heavily oriented to cold calling and term health insurance.
A typical day is 100 calls unless you are creating quotes and writing business.
Not fun place to work.
Associate Agent, Life Health Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 6, 2015
They get you in the door, say it will be easy, it is not.
They need to mention that you must be good in sales, if so and you do not mind misleading people then you can make a lot of money there.
Pros
nice office coffee etc.
Cons
gotta pay for parking

Comment – June 1, 2016

Thanks for the feedback. We pride ourselves in transparency. When potential candidates come into our office we offer an overview so you are aware of all the company offers and what is required to be successful prior to interviewing. We do not intentionally mislead any candidates. Our Home Office is in Lombard, IL. There is no charge for parking. Our local satellite offices have free parking as well. We apologize if you were given a different area to park but on initial thought, we cannot figure out where you would have been that you would have paid for parking.

Great sales experience
Health and Life Insurance Broker (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILNovember 12, 2015
I learned about sale culture and managing many accounts. I enjoyed the job because I had to put effort into making the sales. If I didn't do well then it wasn't anyone else's fault but my own. The co-workers were all selling so minimal contact but again, I stayed at my desk and was selling.
I didn't mind the Monday sales meeting because it is designed to motivate you to sell so you can go on trips.
You do need to be articulate and understand what you are selling so I did feel bad for some agents that were not getting sales due to slow day, unmotivation, or inability to communicate.
Pros
Trips
Cons
You didn't get a paycheck it was all commission
Health Insurance Agency
Executive Agent (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILAugust 31, 2015
Healthcare Solutions is a great opportunity for anyone who is looking to build their own book of business. I did a lot of cold calling and follow up and this really helped me to learn how to speak with people. I contracted with multiple carriers for health and life insurance. The bonuses are good and the culture was great, because everyone wants you to succeed. The management does a great job of letting everyone know what is going on in this ever changing industry. The hardest part was dealing with clients who weren't ready to buy, but the best part was getting the client exactly what they were looking for. I helped people to obtain a subsidy to help them pay their premium.
Pros
You are your own boss.
Cons
Commissions are low.
Schnucks is an excellent company to work for
Schnucks (Former Employee) –  Florissant, MOJanuary 16, 2015
I had a wonderful experience at Schnucks. I worked very hard and advanced fairly quickly. I became a manager of 2 departments within 3 years. I learned management skills and customer service/people skills from Schnucks. I managed a staff of 15, worked in a very fast paced environment and multi-tasked everyday.
Very good place to work
Broker (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOJanuary 8, 2015
If you are starting out in life or have been in the work force for sometime this is a very good place to work for. I have never had a 100% commission job but there is money to be made you just need to work hard don't. You will be rewarded for your hard work both from your manager and from the bonuses. You get a lot of help when needed as they have a lot of training and people there work in teams but still you can reach out to other teams for help. Overall this is a very good company to work for and grow with I have been very happy with my time there and really enjoy the people I work with.

Just remember that nothing is free with HST you have to earn it and as long as you can remember to work hard it will come.
Well structured workplace.
Private insurance salesman (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WADecember 17, 2014
I have nothing negative to say about Healthcare Solutions Team. It was an excellent learning opportunity. I was respected as an adult and treated thusly. The advancement system and tools given were very straightforward providing plenty of room for streamlining and moving ahead in a career.
Best brokerage in the insdustry!
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILAugust 7, 2014
This is a very fun organization to work for! I came to this company with no insurance experience and in a very short time I've become a health insurance expert. That would not be possible without the support and assistance from HST. The leaders of the company are very helpful as well as the trainings. There are company trips, weekly bonuses, great employees and much more!
Pros
free warm leads, no interest on advances, weekly bonuses, good recognition programs
Cons
this is not for everyone. it requires hard work to be sucessful, and if you're unable or unwilling to work you will not succeed.
Assistant
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 3, 2013
I was an assistant to an insurance broker...i assisted in keeping her up to date on application status' of her clients
Senior Benefits Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILMay 31, 2013
Commission only job, were able to make our own hours. Health cae industry has taken a huge hit recently.
Amazing team, great place to work, can work from home or office
Licensed Agent (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILFebruary 7, 2013
There is no typical day at work. You wake up, mondays you have meetings, the rest of the week you are marketing for your business which ever way you see fit. I personally just pick up the phone and work. You create appointments and go meet your clients in person or over the phone.

I learned so much from this company about the sales industry. I created my own website, flyers, postcards and found creative ways to market yourself. You have to be resourceful, creative, money conscious and patient. You must be willing to invest time and money but the rewards are worth the time and commitment.

The hardest part of the job is to get started. You are payed 100% commission and if you don't have money in your savings it's hard to start a book of business and worry about the next pay check, although it can be a motivator to put in that extra work necessary to make a sale.
Pros
own hour, flexible schedule, owning your own business with an established back office.
Cons
100% commission, hard to get started, it can get redundant when dialing the phone.
Supportive company, helping agents reach personal goals and objectives
Licensed Health Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 22, 2013
Helping and educating clients in the health insurance field.
Energetic place
Marketing/Sales (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILOctober 1, 2012
Making lots of phone calls they provide but the numbers are recycled so thats the hard part of the job. Management is helpful and co-workers are great. Most enjoyable part of the day is talking to customers about product and you are always learning new products.
Pros
fun atmosphere managers friendly
Cons
b leads everyone gets them and 6 month to year old
Sales agency, owned and operated by Salesmen.
Independent Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILSeptember 7, 2012
Great atmosphere in which to work, evryone is positive about helping other people to help themselves as it relates to getting the best possible helathcare coverage.
Pros
freedom, flexibilty...control your destiny.

Healthcare Solutions Team Reviews by Location