Long Island Plastic Surgical Group (LIPSG) http://www.lipsg.com/, the largest and oldest private academic plastic surgical practice in the country, seeks a Clinical Research Coordinator to join the Department of Clinical Trials.
For more than 60 years, Long Island Plastic Surgical Group has been dedicated to providing compassionate and comprehensive care, while pioneering and performing the most advanced reconstructive and cosmetic surgical procedures. With 7 offices and 17 physicians, LIPSG has an expanding clinical trials division within the practice, encompassing a variety of industry sponsored clinical trials in the fields of plastic and reconstructive surgery, burn and wound care, as well as aesthetic indications.
The successful candidate will be able to facilitate the research process as follows:
1. Prescreen potential subjects for enrollment.
2. Determine study eligibility on a trial-by-trial basis.
3. Complete CRF and eCRF forms.
4. Collect and document all study related data in an organized fashion.
5. Obtain informed consent.
6. Clearly explain study goals and objectives to subjects, families, hospital staff, and other relevant parties.
7. Provide study updates to the Sponsor.
8. Attend webinars/conferences/conference calls as needed.
9. Travel to each study site by car.
Education and Skills:
1. A clinical coordinator certification, through SoCRA or ACRP, is highly desirable.
2. Proficient in MS Office.
3. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
4. Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
5. Knowledge of GCP guidelines.
6. Knowledge of the FDA clinical trial process.
7. Prior experience is a plus.
8. Ability to speak another language is a plus.
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, detail-oriented worker that can easily communicate complicated medical terminology to the general public.