HealthEast Care System

HealthEast Care System Employee Reviews

Growing Company
STERILE PROCESSING TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Maplewood, MNJune 17, 2015
Great company that invests in their employees. Continually growing. New CEO has come in and really invested in the company and employees alike to ensure that HealthEast is a benchmark of quality for the East Metro.
Great place to grow
MANAGER (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNMay 12, 2015
I love working at HealthEast. There are many opportunities for growth while providing care for patients in our communities. The leadership really cares about its employees across the system.
Captain Obvious
Nurse Assistant (Current Employee), St. PaulApril 20, 2015
Pros: Can transfer from your department
Cons: Management does not care about employees
I was constantly called “Captain Obvious.” Most of time I asked for assistance for understanding workload. I always seem the subject of practical jokes and pranks. Because I am new and from school. They seemed to be surprised when I told them this was considered disrespectful! When I explained my experience from coworkers to management, all I got was rolled eyes. I would like to get experience and go somewhere else for respect.
Not the company it used to be.
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee), minnesotaMarch 11, 2015
Pros: worked with a fantastic doctor
Cons: horrible management and senior leadership
This used to me a company that cared about employees. Now they are only concerned about money. Management is horrible. If you're not one of their favorite people you're bullied until you quit like I did.
Survived HealthEast Care System!
Patient Registrar (Former Employee), Saint PaulFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: comparable metro area compensation.
Cons: not enough trust between rank-and-file employees and management.
During my time with the organization, I saw many people come and go. Healtheast Care System has a tendency to keep and promote the employees with a lackluster work effort who exert little to no effort in the job. The hard working employees were the ones to leave instead. This organization seems to be governed by fear. Fear of impending re-organizations and reporting structures. Fear of innovation and forward thinking. Leadership is afraid of making decisions and being accountable for their actions. Employees are afraid to speak up during team meetings and voice their opinion for fear of being chastised and belittled by management and leadership. I have witnessed this behavior on several occasions. The HealthEast “values” that they preach have little effect on the organization, since leadership and management does not regularly practice these beliefs. Moving up in the organization can be difficult if you don’t know the right people. For upper level positions such as directors and above, they usually hire external candidates instead of their own people. Towards the end of my time at HealthEast, I witnessed many unhappy employees and I too became one of them. I wanted a job with a company that respected my opinions, one that would allow me to actually do my job instead of being micromanaged on a daily basis, and one that I wouldn’t feel physically sick to come into every day. My happiest day was my last day at the organization. I believe HealthEast has a bigger problem though, Instead of unhappy people leaving, … they have unhappy people staying!
Poorly managed
Staff RN (Former Employee), MinnesotaFebruary 18, 2015
Nurses are not protected as they should be. Customer service is the most challenging which must be incorporated with patient care. When staff is supported, patients receive far better care
Messed Up!
Anonymous (Former Employee), Saint PaulFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: i am thankful for my escape!
Cons: i cannot be thankful i made a complaint.
I made a complaint to my supervisor regarding two co-workers engaging in sexually inappropriate comments to each other while in-front of co-workers, causing us to feel uncomfortable. One of these coworkers correctly assumed it was I, who complained. I had previously told this coworker that it was inappropriate and if they wanted to talk that way, go to a bar! Ever since, I have been ridiculed almost daily by these two coworkers and was even told I should “get some” so I won’t be so angry and jealous all the time. I regret not having put my complaint in writing because my supervisor denied knowing about my complaint, after I went to HR. This is one of the reasons I cannot stay here!
I loved my job with HealthEast
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: working at home
Cons: sedentary lifestyle
I enjoyed a 20+ year career at HealthEast before my job was eliminated. There was always an opportunity for continuous learning. Everyone was great to work with.
I learned a lot about how much the ER is taken advantage of.
Physician Assistant (Former Employee), Maplewood, MNFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: exciting.
Cons: drug seekers!
I really enjoyed seeing patients in the ER. There was always something new and challenging. Most of the staff were very great at what they do and were a fun group of people to work with.
I loved My Job...untill
Storekeeper (Former Employee), Saint PaulJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: many going away parties
Cons: no opportunity for growth
I had to take time off of work, due to a illness. I needed to take intermittent leave again. I apparently wasn't eligible because I hadn't worked 1,250 hours in the preceding 12 months and won't be eligible again until I work 1,250 hours within one year. It eventually got back to me, that my manager was upset that I was causing havoc with the work schedule. One of my coworkers thought I was a pain and a terrible employee. Soon after, I was fired...apparently for other reasons.
Enjoyable clinic to work for.
Patient Registrar, Full Time (Former Employee), Maplewood ClinicJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: satisfied patients.
Cons: not being able to help a patient.
A typical workday consisted of registering patients for appointments. scheduling future appointments, verification of insurance, handling co-pays, and filing patient information into medical records.

My co-workers made it an enjoyable environment to come into every day.

The hardest part of this job was that it was a high volume clinic and on occasion, not every patient could be helped.

The most enjoyable part of this job was the patient care aspect of the job. Being able to help a patient and making the patient happy and comfortable made my day better as well.
Some get good compensation and benefits – Most don’t
Staff (Current Employee), St. PaulJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: raises and year-end bonuses for contract employees.
Cons: pay freezes for non-contract employees while you see them expanding and building new facilities, .. jumping through many hoops to recieve outside educational benefits you are qualified for.
HealthEast offers fair market pay for some and they study the market to ensure this is. There are some opportunities for flexible hours and schedules. They like to offer education within the organization on the methodologies they want to use.
Good compensation and benefits
Registered Nurse - Complex Medical Unit (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNDecember 6, 2014
Good compensation and benefits for the employees. Helps my professional and personal growth. They provide flexible schedule. My co-workers are very friendly.
HealthEast Care System Is Over-Rated!
Anonymous at Corporate (Current Employee), St. PaulNovember 10, 2014
Pros: it's a job.
Cons: it's not a career.
The organization is trying to be a real healthcare system, It's a joke, when watching from afar... it seems like every department is ran like a blundering bureaucracy with mixed directions.
I Too Survived HealthEast!
Technician (Former Employee), St. PaulOctober 31, 2014
Pros: free cafeteria ice water and flushing toilets.
The Lead Technician in the department I worked in, bullies subordinates all the time. She acts as a poor excuse for someone in a lead position, her vanity and ego is so overblown that such a concept of bullying is beyond her. She preys on people who need to work and treats them like indentured servants. The Management and HR do nothing, the management favors this person and cannot see any wrongdoing on her part.The management believes her actions are subjective to others interpretation. It’s hard to survive HealthEast on a daily basis. It is a sad and unfortunate place to be in.
Do yourself a favor: apply somewhere else!
Anonymous (Former Employee), Woodbury, MNOctober 30, 2014
Pros: it's a paycheck.
Cons: see above.
I don't even know how to accurately describe the level of dysfunction within HealthEast.
-Most of the managers are horrible and unqualified. They either have their jobs because they know someone, they're brown-nosers, or the company is so desperate they can't find anyone else to fill the position. Or all of the above. Managers either do nothing about employee concerns or they create an environment of fear so you never complain.
-Upper management is completely out of touch. They have unrealistic expectations of employees and make rash decisions based on what they think will save the most money. What always ends up happening is that their decisions end up creating a disaster which costs the company more in the long run.
-Doctors are catered to and held to a different standard than other employees. They get to bully other staff members because they bring in revenue.
-Employees are underpaid unless they're in leadership.
-There's a million job openings because employees are fleeing left and right. In my department alone, 9 employees (including myself) have left since June. They're at the point that they can't fill those positions unless the candidate is completely unqualified because their reputation is horrible. My nickname for HealthEast is "The Island of Misfit Toys" because just about everyone who works there wouldn't be able to find a job anywhere else.
Not the "bench - mark for quality health care. .."
in OR (Former Employee), St. PaulOctober 27, 2014
Pros: it's a job
Cons: management, hr, no advancement opportunity, poor compensation/benefits
Like all health care organizations, this one has very clique management. If someone decides they don't like you, a personal vendetta is launched. You'll get micro - managed and nit - picked to death while your coworkers (who can be doing nothing different than you) will hear nothing. HE is not helpful and not educated on labor laws (FMLA in relation to maternity leave, for example). I worked there four years and got ONE raise....there was a wage freeze for non-union employees. Meanwhile, benefits got more expensive.
I want to leave but I can't!!! Save yourself!!!
N/A (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNOctober 26, 2014
Pros: a few great team members
Cons: management's blind eye and lack of management
I currently work within the Healtheast Care System and although my department has improved considerably there is still fear, hostility, and depression. I agree with other reviews that as an employee you really don't have a place of value when voicing an opion or concern. In my department managers worry only about themselves and their workload. If you have a problem don't bother speaking up because not much will be done to rectify the issue.

My experience has been as follows:

- manager calling an all employee meeting in the middle of a work day to address gossip about herself.
- manager arguing with employees in department infront of others.
- two team members reading employee files that contained manager reviews and gossiping about confidential information. Neither person was written up just talked to.
- management trying to force team members to train with an associate that had been battling a head lice infestation for over a week. She was never sent home and was allowed to come to work until an employee complained to HR.
- cannot go get breakfast, water, or coffee fom the cafeteria without it being considered a 15 min break, cannot take a bowel movement for a extended period without it being considered a 15 min break, cannot physically leave the hospital campus for lunch without having to forfit your automatic paid 30 min lunch period. Supposedly its a liability to leave while clocked in but if you eat on the hospital grounds you do not need to clock out.
- team members being allowed to gossip and create a hostile environment with little to no repercussions.
- Being bullied – more... at work by team members locking my desk draws and bending the key sideways. Complained to management and was told nothing could be done because she couldn't prove who it was. This was frustrating because there was a clear group of women who lead the gossip and bullying behavior. My desk was tampered with at least 4 times.

Overall, I want to leave but I'm stuck for now because of the convience of my commute and because I'm working on finishing my degree. Go somewhere were you'll matter and be valued! – less
Great company with alot of opportunity.
Patent Registrar/Medical Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee), Maplewood, MNOctober 15, 2014
Great company with a wide varity of opportunities. Many locations around the St Paul Area offer alot of options for work locations.
NOT Great to Work for, NOT Good Pay, NOT Great Staffing Levels.
Care Giver (Current Employee), ST. PaulOctober 13, 2014
Pros: fire exits.
Cons: the pay isn't worth ruining your health over it.
Management wants you to follow all protocols, but there are times you are forced to skip some steps because you are short staffed and on time constraints. Management looks the other way, until something bad happens, then they are forced to discipline the employee. Management would start a committee and drink coffee over snacks until they agree on what went wrong and how to fix it. Which surprises me every time!

1 2 3 4 5

About HealthEast Care System

A Journey Like No Other Starts Right Here. Throughout the East Metro, there is a health system dedicated to creating the best – Read more

HealthEast Care System Salaries