HealthEast Care System Employee Reviews in United States

I am currently a volunteer at HealthEast Care System.
Volunteer, Accounts Receivable, Patient Billing (Current Employee) –  HealthEast MidwayMarch 8, 2016
I began volunteering on a weekly basis at HealthEast Midway sometime in September of 2015. I have been doing volunteer work in the patient billing department, where I have had the opportunity to work with the Epic software system. I have worked on workman's comp claims, selecting the appropriate documentation in order to support the procedure codes on the claims and forwarding them onto the insurance providers, recently I have been doing some trouble shooting and submitting claims to the secondary insurance providers. I am very grateful to have this opportunity to work with a manager who has went out of her way to help make my volunteer experience as valuable as possible how it pertains to my career goals.
Pros
The opportunity to gain experience, while working with a great group of people.
Not a good place to work-see my review
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 7, 2016
HR is terrible. I have no other way to put it. I worked as a Rad Tech and after close to no supervision, I was accused of working outside of my scope. I subsequently quit. I would not bring my family members to any of the clinics. The Radiology equipment is old and out dated, there are no current standards in place regarding radiation safety and certification, and they have rad techs performing lab testing. They also still hire X-ray Operators-big no/no and is not the standard anymore. Come work for Allina-great radiation safety program, organized, competent HR dept, qualified Rad techs staffed in all clinics/hospitals,and quality patient care. Healtheast is not a good place to work.
Pros
Nothing good to say about working there for 8 years
Cons
Unogranized and no standards/policies and procedures in place
Leadership Choked the Pipe - Resulting In Overflow Of Management
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 29, 2016
There is way too much management and process at HealthEast, which is typical of large disorganized companies. Management tends to get in the way of people doing actual work and instead layer process and procedure on employees instead of trusting their best judgment. People tend to be pigeon-holed into very specific roles and know nothing about what goes on outside of their position.. Management tends to be ADD, focusing on something new... at the demise of everything else! Management also tends to not be consistent, you'll get a different story on the same subject from a variety of managers. They need to layoff half the managers and trim the dead wood left over.There's way too much bloat and process in the company.
Untrustworthy Environment
Pharmacy (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNJune 14, 2016
The Director in the department where I work aggressively promotes company values that don’t seem to match day-to-day events. For example, clear communication is preached in elaborate seminars while poor communication continues to be the norm. Valuing and respecting others is publicized in the company mission statement, or on framed motivational posters near the entrance, but undermining and belittling others seems pervasive. Everyone is told to make company goals their first priority and adopt a spirit of teamwork, but internal competition dominates. Worst of all, the most consistent violators of company values are the most highly rewarded.
Progressing Beautifully - Rewards for Upper Management/Leadership!
Medical Biller/Coder (Current Employee) –  Maplewood, MNMay 16, 2016
In pursuit of earning a living at HealthEast I thereby obscurely accepted their right to command my work-life balance in intimate detail. I implicitly forfeited claims to self-direction and was typically
barred from participating in the important decisions that governed
my daily efforts. Trivial suggestions by employees are implemented in an attempt to appease the employee. Most of the employees lose any voice in how the rewards of wealth their own work helped to create is distributed. Especially, when it claims the company is progressing beautifully.
Do not waste your time or talent!
CMT (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNApril 8, 2016
I left HealthEast after only being employed a very short time. I found out fast that this is a poor company to work for. VBI cards created by yourself are never acknowledged. Your supervisors are a joke. They care more about gossip and making sure they don't have to work. Supervisors at HealthEast are a waste of money and space.
If you are a hard worker that goes above and beyond expectations, then keep strolling past any job opportunities this company has posted, you will be disappointed and embarrassed. This company promotes change and encouragement in creating new ideas to help the company. The only thing that I seen was a kiosk that sold you lemons.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Leadership.
For Your Information
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaJune 20, 2016
I find this work environment to be rather chaotic and inconsistent. Several employees are not properly supervised (held accountable) and allowed to overstep boundaries of professional behavior creating anxiety in fellow employees.This creates a problem getting employees to have a team approach as many wanted to distance themselves and work independently to maintain job security. Often acuity was not considered in the assignments and the expectations a bit unrealistic. Higher management seem a bit aloof and disconnected.
Toxic Workplace
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 12, 2016
I currently work with a manager who is willing to sacrifice the reputation of the facility and the wellbeing of its staff for her own benefit. I contacted HR about concerns about staffing levels and found myself suspended twice within weeks. The best way to get attention is to find fault in others. The workplace is toxic. Nurses and CNA's who are nurturing by nature have to endure unfair criticism while still improving the lives of others. It's not uncommon to see staff crying.
Feeling Like a Fool
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  MaplewoodSeptember 28, 2015
I feel that I am just another employee in the system. I no longer believe that I am learning new skills in this job. Hardly a week passes when I'm not thinking about leaving this place. You really have to be fool to go for work for an employer like mine. I just wish more people could talk to us honestly. Our managers and directors are rewarded more than fairly. But good work and professionalism won't get you a promotion here. Putting in too many hours is pretty much the norm. Long-term business strategy tends to go too far off course because big organizational change has become commonplace. Real pride in the work we do is virtually non existent and turnover amongst the staff is at a all time high. Morale all over the work place should be much better by now.
Pros
God doesn't think he is a doctor
Cons
Doctors think they are gods.
I Learned To Survive Day To Day!
Anonymous Worker (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNJuly 14, 2016
Employees are encouraged to send secret feedback to each other’s bosses in a system that operates like a brutal game of Survivor in which alliances are formed to tear down certain workers. It’s also a system that seems to treat people as robots and any life event, such as having a child, or personal tragedy, can get you put on a “performance improvement plan,” which is described as code for “you’re in danger of being fired.”
Certified Nursing Assistant
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 9, 2016
A truly hopeless and evil, greedy company. Zero loyalty or gratitude of management towards staff. Backstabbing and low-life politics are commonplace. The corporate management is evil! Typical day consists of being micromanaged. No breaks. Co-workers have turned over with all the change and it is difficult to have a cohesive work group that supports one another.
Department Coordinator
Department Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNMay 29, 2016
If you want to act and work like a conforming robot, then this is the place for you! Good Luck! I worked so much overtime in this company for the 10 yrs. that I was there, not being able to see my children grow up and be with them. It wasn't worth it at all.
Pros
Can index unflattering reviews to last few pages.
Cons
Can index unflattering reviews to last few pages.
Horrible Management And Leadership
Triple Check References (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 25, 2016
I work with patients, staff and visitors on a regular basis. Bad management is my norm. My day consists of avoiding management because of coercion tactics. No further comment!
Healtheast
Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNFebruary 8, 2016
Not a terrible place to work for, management is often lacking. Constantly short staffed and HR is horrible. People are great to work with.
I Got Trumped
Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNMay 28, 2016
Very political, you are either on the inside or you're not. Seems like they want to hire younger people who will work for less... in for what will work and out for what had worked.
Pros
Extinct Dinosaurs
Cons
Way too political, sacrificing long term relationships for short term goals
Hardest part of my job
Coding Educator/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fridley, MNJuly 6, 2016
When I worked at Allina was driving to sites a far away. Sometimes I had to drive to New Ulm. We support the coders out at the sites and so we would tailor education to the providers and doctors
The hardest part of my job
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 16, 2016
When I worked for Allina, it didn't have a five-star reputation. The hard part was getting downtown during the cities special occasions and finding a decent place to park.
Growing Pay Freezes and Health Benefit Increases
STERILE PROCESSING TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  MaplewoodJuly 2, 2015
When I first started I received good wages but not anymore because of the ongoing pay freezes for the non-contract employees. Spread over time, the wage I started with seems low now. I guess that's how they draw employees in? Meanwhile the benefits keep increasing for non-contract employees, especially the health coverage.
Pros
Library
Cons
Unsavory management
Just Great
Former Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNMay 11, 2016
I had been at HealthEast for over five years and it was great. Everything was great. Just In case you missed my point. Everything at HealthEast Care System was just great!
Pros
Everything was just great
older nurses watch your back
Triage Nurse (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 11, 2016
not flexible with staffing/scheduling
weak orientation, learn on your own
will replace with cheaper labor
high cost of meds on plan
not great options on healthcare, lots of copays

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HealthEast Care System. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4