Pros: a few great team members
Cons: management's blind eye and lack of management
I currently work within the Healtheast Care System and although my department has improved considerably there is still fear, hostility, and depression. I agree with other reviews that as an employee you really don't have a place of value when voicing an opion or concern. In my department managers worry only about themselves and their workload. If you have a problem don't bother speaking up because not much will be done to rectify the issue.
My experience has been as follows:
- manager calling an all employee meeting in the middle of a work day to address gossip about herself.
- manager arguing with employees in department infront of others.
- two team members reading employee files that contained manager reviews and gossiping about confidential information. Neither person was written up just talked to.
- management trying to force team members to train with an associate that had been battling a head lice infestation for over a week. She was never sent home and was allowed to come to work until an employee complained to HR.
- cannot go get breakfast, water, or coffee fom the cafeteria without it being considered a 15 min break, cannot take a bowel movement for a extended period without it being considered a 15 min break, cannot physically leave the hospital campus for lunch without having to forfit your automatic paid 30 min lunch period. Supposedly its a liability to leave while clocked in but if you eat on the hospital grounds you do not need to clock out.
- team members being allowed to gossip and create a hostile environment with little to no repercussions.
- Being bullied – more... at work by team members locking my desk draws and bending the key sideways. Complained to management and was told nothing could be done because she couldn't prove who it was. This was frustrating because there was a clear group of women who lead the gossip and bullying behavior. My desk was tampered with at least 4 times.
Overall, I want to leave but I'm stuck for now because of the convience of my commute and because I'm working on finishing my degree. Go somewhere were you'll matter and be valued! – less