HealthEast Care System

HealthEast Care System Employee Reviews

Employee centered
Certified Medical Assistant/Lab Lead (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNFebruary 21, 2017
At HealthEast they care about you as the employee. They have established value based improvement and idea cards so the employee feels like they have a say in how their work is conducted.
I'd give zero if it were an option
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 31, 2017
They are extremely rude to the patients, especially the homeless and minorities.
The are "clicky" and are not helpful at all to the new staff.
They do anything they can to keep minorities from keeping their jobs. I watched them get rid of quite a few people of color that were extremely good workers.

Don't apply here, you can do better.
Pros
The patients are wonderful
Cons
The people working there are terrible people
Employer review
Clinical Supervisor, Clinic Care Coordination (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNDecember 26, 2016
I have worked in 2 departments within this organization and have had very different experiences with each. The first department I worked for had a very lax managerial format. The department I currently work in is much more tightly regulated and overseen by management.
Chewed me up and spit me out!
Certified Medical Assistant (AAMA) (Former Employee) –  Eastern Twin Cities, MNOctober 6, 2016
HealthEast limited my scope of practice and re-defined what a Certified Medical Assistant (AAMA) is supposed to do. The managers and "charge" CMA's will strip you of your confidence, and will only give negative feedback. Providers do not treat new CMA staff with respect or dignity and will not address staff about simple concerns in person - they will directly complain to the manager. I had a non-union job so they know they can get away with humiliation, threatening your job, and dictating whatever they want. HealthEast has many odd practices in general compared to what is mostly accepted everywhere else. Much of their equipment is archaic. Why aren't all CMA's allowed to do CLIA waved lab resulting, but they actually will have Radiology Technologists run the lab? The RT's hate it. The doctors I worked with were paid hourly in our department and were complaining they don't make enough money. The doctors I worked with complained they did not have the supplies they needed available to them for common procedures! VBI cards do nothing - I wrote two that were actually patient safety hazards and nothing ever changed.
HealthEast is a dictatorship, will limit your scope of practice as a CMA, but forces other professionals to do extra to save money. HealthEast is cheap, and training is unorganized and incomplete. As soon as they hired another CMA, they abruptly stopped my training-in and started with the new person. Also don't get sick during your shift and go to the ER - that will be an occurrence. Don't go to your Uncle's funeral (unless you plan that at least two weeks
  more... in advance) because that will be an occurrence. Work at HealthEast only as a last resort. I'd only be a patient there as a last resort.  less
Pros
loved my job and the patients
Cons
Lack of training, poor management, negative work culture, limiting scope-of-practice
Shattered My Confidence
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaSeptember 7, 2016
My job was a nightmare: one hour daily commute, catty co-workers, overwhelming workload, and a boss who was in over her head. But that terrible job gave me the experience, connections, and insight into myself that I needed to land a new job I truly love. I thought it was impossible to find a job that met all my must-haves - a good office environment, supportive co-workers, a decent paycheck, and rewarding work. I have that now only because I stuck it out at HealthEast. Don't give up hope.
UnHappy at Healtheast
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNSeptember 3, 2016
1. Dictatorial management
2. Lack of clear work methods
3. Signals from the management that individuals are expendable
4. Conflicting demands to work
5. A lack of empathy
Technical support on site, or via phone/email
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 24, 2016
I would fix computers with problems by troubleshooting them. I also installed hardware and software systems for people. I was only 17 at the age working for people above their 30 so it had its moments.
Pros
Working at a fortune 500 company
Cons
Short lunch breaks
The hardest part of my job
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 16, 2016
When I worked for Allina, it didn't have a five-star reputation. The hard part was getting downtown during the cities special occasions and finding a decent place to park.
I Learned To Survive Day To Day!
Anonymous Worker (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNJuly 14, 2016
Employees are encouraged to send secret feedback to each other’s bosses in a system that operates like a brutal game of Survivor in which alliances are formed to tear down certain workers. It’s also a system that seems to treat people as robots and any life event, such as having a child, or personal tragedy, can get you put on a “performance improvement plan,” which is described as code for “you’re in danger of being fired.”
Hardest part of my job
Coding Educator/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fridley, MNJuly 6, 2016
When I worked at Allina was driving to sites a far away. Sometimes I had to drive to New Ulm. We support the coders out at the sites and so we would tailor education to the providers and doctors
Leadership Choked the Pipe - Resulting In Overflow Of Management
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 29, 2016
There is way too much management and process at HealthEast, which is typical of large disorganized companies. Management tends to get in the way of people doing actual work and instead layer process and procedure on employees instead of trusting their best judgment. People tend to be pigeon-holed into very specific roles and know nothing about what goes on outside of their position.. Management tends to be ADD, focusing on something new... at the demise of everything else! Management also tends to not be consistent, you'll get a different story on the same subject from a variety of managers. They need to layoff half the managers and trim the dead wood left over.There's way too much bloat and process in the company.
For Your Information
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaJune 20, 2016
I find this work environment to be rather chaotic and inconsistent. Several employees are not properly supervised (held accountable) and allowed to overstep boundaries of professional behavior creating anxiety in fellow employees.This creates a problem getting employees to have a team approach as many wanted to distance themselves and work independently to maintain job security. Often acuity was not considered in the assignments and the expectations a bit unrealistic. Higher management seem a bit aloof and disconnected.
Untrustworthy Environment
Pharmacy (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNJune 14, 2016
The Director in the department where I work aggressively promotes company values that don’t seem to match day-to-day events. For example, clear communication is preached in elaborate seminars while poor communication continues to be the norm. Valuing and respecting others is publicized in the company mission statement, or on framed motivational posters near the entrance, but undermining and belittling others seems pervasive. Everyone is told to make company goals their first priority and adopt a spirit of teamwork, but internal competition dominates. Worst of all, the most consistent violators of company values are the most highly rewarded.
Toxic Workplace
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 12, 2016
I currently work with a manager who is willing to sacrifice the reputation of the facility and the wellbeing of its staff for her own benefit. I contacted HR about concerns about staffing levels and found myself suspended twice within weeks. The best way to get attention is to find fault in others. The workplace is toxic. Nurses and CNA's who are nurturing by nature have to endure unfair criticism while still improving the lives of others. It's not uncommon to see staff crying.
Certified Nursing Assistant
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 9, 2016
A truly hopeless and evil, greedy company. Zero loyalty or gratitude of management towards staff. Backstabbing and low-life politics are commonplace. The corporate management is evil! Typical day consists of being micromanaged. No breaks. Co-workers have turned over with all the change and it is difficult to have a cohesive work group that supports one another.
Not a good place to work-see my review
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 7, 2016
HR is terrible. I have no other way to put it. I worked as a Rad Tech and after close to no supervision, I was accused of working outside of my scope. I subsequently quit. I would not bring my family members to any of the clinics. The Radiology equipment is old and out dated, there are no current standards in place regarding radiation safety and certification, and they have rad techs performing lab testing. They also still hire X-ray Operators-big no/no and is not the standard anymore. Come work for Allina-great radiation safety program, organized, competent HR dept, qualified Rad techs staffed in all clinics/hospitals,and quality patient care. Healtheast is not a good place to work.
Pros
Nothing good to say about working there for 8 years
Cons
Unogranized and no standards/policies and procedures in place
Department Coordinator
Department Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNMay 29, 2016
If you want to act and work like a conforming robot, then this is the place for you! Good Luck! I worked so much overtime in this company for the 10 yrs. that I was there, not being able to see my children grow up and be with them. It wasn't worth it at all.
Pros
Can index unflattering reviews to last few pages.
Cons
Can index unflattering reviews to last few pages.
I Got Trumped
Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNMay 28, 2016
Very political, you are either on the inside or you're not. Seems like they want to hire younger people who will work for less... in for what will work and out for what had worked.
Pros
Extinct Dinosaurs
Cons
Way too political, sacrificing long term relationships for short term goals
Progressing Beautifully - Rewards for Upper Management/Leadership!
Medical Biller/Coder (Current Employee) –  Maplewood, MNMay 16, 2016
In pursuit of earning a living at HealthEast I thereby obscurely accepted their right to command my work-life balance in intimate detail. I implicitly forfeited claims to self-direction and was typically
barred from participating in the important decisions that governed
my daily efforts. Trivial suggestions by employees are implemented in an attempt to appease the employee. Most of the employees lose any voice in how the rewards of wealth their own work helped to create is distributed. Especially, when it claims the company is progressing beautifully.
Progressing Beautifully
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNMay 12, 2016
Job is great and the company is really progressing. My typical day at work is researching new projects and activities for those I serve. My only issue is that our department's manager seems to be unaware of the difference between herself and the staff. She feels that if she is forced to work long hours, then the staff should be forced to as well. The only thing is we are hourly and can not work overtime.
Pros
Job is unique and so much fun.
Cons
No flexibility.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HealthEast Care System. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4