HealthEast Care System

HealthEast Care System Employee Reviews

Horrible Management And Leadership
Triple Check References (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 25, 2016
I work with patients, staff and visitors on a regular basis. Bad management is my norm. My day consists of avoiding management because of coercion tactics. No further comment!
hard working woman who are teamplayers
Mammographer/Breast Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Maplewood, MNJanuary 13, 2016
Days vary from slow to busy. Everyone works together to get the job done.The patients are wonderful and enjoy the one on one with the woman.
Pros
friendly workers and patients
Cons
can not advance to full time
maintenance technician
REFERENCE - Gary Imhelte - Maintenance Eng (Former Employee) –  South Saint Paul, MNJanuary 12, 2016
it was a great place to work with a understanding and wonderful boss. I enjoy fixing things for residents because it makes them pleased what I can do for them.
Pros
good work hours
Vendictive Environment
Pharmacy (Current Employee) –  Maplewood, MNJanuary 8, 2016
I cannot comment on the work environment, except to say I am employed at HealthEast Care System in Minnesota..................
Pros
Plenty of nearby pubs to enjoy after work - in my case, before work.
Cons
Open 24/7
Professional staff
Full-Time Remote Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Maplewood, MNJanuary 6, 2016
I enjoyed working closely with Providers and My Manager. Overall great company to work for. The hardest part of the job was not having enough Coding staff to cover all of the new Providers coming on board.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Not many opportunities to advance at that time
Edited and transcribed healthcare information
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 6, 2016
I accurately documented healthcare information into electronic medical records. My co-workers were the most dedicated people I've ever worked with and were tireless in their quest for perfection.
Don't Be Cruel
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Maplewood, MNDecember 10, 2015
I wouldn't even bring my dog to HealthEast Scare System for medical treatment. Or, any person who maybe serving time on death row - for that matter.
Managers do whats must Important --- for themselves!
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNNovember 10, 2015
I was told by my co-workers that the human resource manager (where I work), that I was in the ER and I was having female problems and a possible infection. I was so humiliated when I heard this! If HR can violate my HIPPA rights...what's preventing employee's from violating public privacy?
Pros
Many managers are fasinated by themselves
Cons
Many managers are fasinated by themselves
Team work environment
Emergency Department Technician (Current Employee) –  Maplewood, MNOctober 21, 2015
Typical day at work consists of going to huddle as a team before taking report and starting our shift. Our Managers make sure that they review the positives and negatives of the previous day and what the goals are for the current day. As a team we disperse and get report from the coworker who we are taking over for. We prioritize our patient care tasks between the most critical and least critical. Depending on the day you can walk in to a cardiac arrest or to an empty Emergency room. Between the RN, MD, HUC, Radiology Department, and Social Services we give each patient the best care we can.
Pros
Patient Care, Team work enviornment, Learning Environment, Fast Paced
Cons
Inadequate staffing at times
satisfaction in knowing what I did there impacted patient care to the fullest
Medical Recptionist/Transcription (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNOctober 14, 2015
worked from home but always felt connected to the system. Was kept informed of what was happening and did not feel disconnected in any way,
Pros
felt what I did mattered
Cons
Didnt know my coworkers very well, supervisor was great in keeping us informed, getting us together for meetings and just to get to know each other
Feeling Like a Fool
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  MaplewoodSeptember 28, 2015
I feel that I am just another employee in the system. I no longer believe that I am learning new skills in this job. Hardly a week passes when I'm not thinking about leaving this place. You really have to be fool to go for work for an employer like mine. I just wish more people could talk to us honestly. Our managers and directors are rewarded more than fairly. But good work and professionalism won't get you a promotion here. Putting in too many hours is pretty much the norm. Long-term business strategy tends to go too far off course because big organizational change has become commonplace. Real pride in the work we do is virtually non existent and turnover amongst the staff is at a all time high. Morale all over the work place should be much better by now.
Pros
God doesn't think he is a doctor
Cons
Doctors think they are gods.
A typical day at the hospital
Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 18, 2015
A typical day can get a little busy and feel like you are behind on getting whats needed to get done. There are many others in my office that are willing to help you out.
I Also Survived HealthEast Care System
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MNJuly 27, 2015
Please learn from my mistake working for HealthEast Care System. If you stay long, you will pick up bad habits that can hurt you even after you move on. If you spend too long in this dysfunctional workplace and try to modifying your behavior to accommodate bad management, those experiences can reshape your ideas of normal in ways that can hurt you both personally and professionally.
Like most managers and HR professionals, and I use that term very loosely. I believe they know the difference between right and wrong. HR exists to protect the status quo, and remove any employee that threatens their existence. I learned to keep my head down, and never spoke up and even covered up mistakes when they happened.

While this behavior served me well in my job, those habits can be enormously damaging in a health care workplace.

Competent employees who suffer at the hands of self-indulged bullies, usually have no choice but to voluntarily resign like I did.
Pros
At the beginning good starting wages.
Cons
Selected pay increases for contract employees.
Growing Pay Freezes and Health Benefit Increases
STERILE PROCESSING TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  MaplewoodJuly 2, 2015
When I first started I received good wages but not anymore because of the ongoing pay freezes for the non-contract employees. Spread over time, the wage I started with seems low now. I guess that's how they draw employees in? Meanwhile the benefits keep increasing for non-contract employees, especially the health coverage.
Pros
Library
Cons
Unsavory management
Worst company in healthcare
Nursing Float Pool (Current Employee) –  Woodbury/MaplewoodJune 29, 2015
HealthEast is by far one of the worst companies I have ever worked for in the healthcare field. In my first two months of employment, SEVEN clinic managers, and directors have resigned, over a dozen nurses, and countless doctors - all quit. Why? Poor management, favoritism, lack of staff, poor patient quality, just to name a few. It's sad really. A company built to help people that continually turns patients away for being even just 5 minutes late for an appointment, has little to no policies in place, and quite frankly - horrible quality/infection control that will make your skin crawl.

Mind you the pay is good compared to others, but certainly not worth the headaches. There was very, very minimal training when starting a position. When staff asked for additional training, they were told "that's not how we do things around here." If you ever need help or an answer to something, expect to get 7 different answers from 7 different of your 'managers,' and expect the final answer to change in one week. Employees are continually picked on in front of other staff, driven out of their positions, or pushed to their limits so badly that they ultimately resign. If you are not a favorite, or if you're someone new, expect to be treated that way. There were so many red flags for me well before I even started my position. I should've listened to them. I never would have wasted my time.

HealthEast's motto should be, "Everyone is replaceable - employees and patients alike."
Pros
Awesome co-workers, decent pay with great health insurance benefits
Cons
Management (or lack thereof), Poor patient care, No policies - they make up rules as they go and they're different for "favorites"
Growing Company
STERILE PROCESSING TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Maplewood, MNJune 17, 2015
Great company that invests in their employees. Continually growing. New CEO has come in and really invested in the company and employees alike to ensure that HealthEast is a benchmark of quality for the East Metro.
Great place to grow
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 12, 2015
I love working at HealthEast. There are many opportunities for growth while providing care for patients in our communities. The leadership really cares about its employees across the system.
Captain Obvious
Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. PaulApril 20, 2015
I was constantly called “Captain Obvious.” Most of time I asked for assistance for understanding workload. I always seem the subject of practical jokes and pranks. Because I am new and from school. They seemed to be surprised when I told them this was considered disrespectful! When I explained my experience from coworkers to management, all I got was rolled eyes. I would like to get experience and go somewhere else for respect.
Pros
Can transfer from your department
Cons
Management does not care about employees
Not the company it used to be.
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  minnesotaMarch 11, 2015
This used to me a company that cared about employees. Now they are only concerned about money. Management is horrible. If you're not one of their favorite people you're bullied until you quit like I did.
Pros
worked with a fantastic doctor
Cons
horrible management and senior leadership
Survived HealthEast Care System!
Patient Registrar (Former Employee) –  Saint PaulFebruary 25, 2015
During my time with the organization, I saw many people come and go. Healtheast Care System has a tendency to keep and promote the employees with a lackluster work effort who exert little to no effort in the job. The hard working employees were the ones to leave instead. This organization seems to be governed by fear. Fear of impending re-organizations and reporting structures. Fear of innovation and forward thinking. Leadership is afraid of making decisions and being accountable for their actions. Employees are afraid to speak up during team meetings and voice their opinion for fear of being chastised and belittled by management and leadership. I have witnessed this behavior on several occasions. The HealthEast “values” that they preach have little effect on the organization, since leadership and management does not regularly practice these beliefs. Moving up in the organization can be difficult if you don’t know the right people. For upper level positions such as directors and above, they usually hire external candidates instead of their own people. Towards the end of my time at HealthEast, I witnessed many unhappy employees and I too became one of them. I wanted a job with a company that respected my opinions, one that would allow me to actually do my job instead of being micromanaged on a daily basis, and one that I wouldn’t feel physically sick to come into every day. My happiest day was my last day at the organization. I believe HealthEast has a bigger problem though, Instead of unhappy people leaving, … they have unhappy people staying!
Pros
comparable metro area compensation.
Cons
not enough trust between rank-and-file employees and management.

2.5