Summary: Responsible for ongoing analysis and reporting of operational and financial information in support of both the PBM and ABM products for internal and external customers. Perform Ad-Hoc analysis and investigations to answer a question, support decision making, and/or reveal new opportunities. This is to be accomplished by means of data analysis in conjunction with acquiring and applying knowledge of the business and systems processes necessary to interpret and produce reliable and valid conclusions from the data.
Key Responsibilities: “To simplify complexities for each customer.”
1. Create reports to fulfill user requests based on queries ranging from rudimentary to highly sophisticated:
a. Data Extracts – Create and supply a data set appropriate to the user’s targeted analysis to allow the user to perform a self-analysis.
b. Ad-Hoc Reporting
i. Creating a unique one-time report from well-defined user specifications.
ii. Creating a variation of an existing system report to provide additional information. (Examples would include be not be limited to the application of additional filters, unique calculations, alternative aggregations, etc.)
c. Prototyping – Creating a report to fulfill a user requested idea where the specification is largely unclear and will likely require a significant exploration of the data and numerous iterations of the report before the customer needs are met and can then be coded into a production report.
2. Gain a detailed understanding of the Data Analysis Request by exploring the business need for each Request.
a. Learning from the requestor the business purpose of the request.
b. Learn about the business processes that shape the data to be used in the fulfillment of the request.
c. Validate approach suggestions given by the requestor to ensure they align appropriately with the objectives of the project.
d. Use subject matter expertise to guide the requester to better ways of solving the need.
e. Reach a consensus with the requester of the approach to be used to fulfill the request ensuring the objectives are met.
3. Prepares data for analysis by inspecting, cleansing, and transforming data and evaluates results by interrogating the data to find and understand anomalies and / or outliers.
4. Review reporting/analytic outputs and provide insights and recommendations
5. Collaborates with members of the department, SME’s, and internal customers in ongoing decisions regarding study design, data collection, data analysis and methodology.
- Strategic Initiatives: Actively engages in driving strategic initiatives, and the related goals, to ensure the most optimal outcome.
- Communication: Effectively communicates using written, oral, non-verbal, and active listening skills. Has the ability to clearly present an idea or concept so others understand, lets others speak, and engages productively in difficult conversations while upholding our ethical values.
Bachelor’s degree preferably in business, economics, statistics or a math-related subject; plus a minimum of two to four years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess analytical skills to evaluate, understand and interpret data from both internal and client perspective
- Must be able to communicate ideas and analysis results effectively both verbally and in writing to both a technical and non-technical audience
- A proven track record for executing complex data extraction and analytical projects
- Must possess statistical analysis and graphical data display
- 3+ years of SQL experience writing complex queries and table joins
- 3+ years’ experience with T/SQL
- Proficiency with MS Excel and MS Word
- Visio preferred
- Experience with Object Oriented Code a plus.
- Must demonstrate a superior ability to recognize and define problems, understand business and system processes, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Must be able to formulate and communicate questions to gather the necessary missing information to resolve a problem.
- Solid organizational skills and focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Action Orientation
- Customer Engagement
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Results Focus
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
Duties are performed primarily in an office setting. Travel to attend meetings and visit locations throughout the country may be required. Operates computer and standard office equipment, such as telephone and copier/printer.
* Job descriptions will be reviewed and are subject to changes of business necessity. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.