Healthesystems Employee Reviews

fast pace enviornment
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 5, 2017
execute assigned test case, review with developers, attend meetings as assigned. a small company that cared a lot about their employees for attend a football game as a group.
Different.
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 31, 2017
Good company overall, but rather slow especially on the training portion of the job. I got to learn the pharmacy industry a bit more than from my prior job dealing with rx stores as well, which is always a plus. Management on the Tempe side was awesome when it was there, but the manager of the site had quit as well within the month we were all there. So that within itself kind of stabbed the morale as well. Culture is nice, the tenured employees seemed to know each other at a family level and did try their best to make it a small and fun environment. I do want to highlight that there is literally no room for advancement with this company unless you are in Florida. Also, let me be clear that the job is not hard at all, it is just a very slow environment and their process of learning the job was not my cup of tea. Most enjoyable part of the job was when the medication claims would pay out without a hitch. All in all, if you like slow, then this is your joint!
Pros
Low-Stress Job
Cons
Getting settled into the position.
Productive workplace
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 6, 2017
HealtheSystems is a very people friendly organization. Management provides great support that allows you to feel comfortable in any situation. Overall HealtheSystems is a great place to work.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short lunch
Great company
Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 20, 2017
I learned a lot at Healthesystems and the work environment is wonderful and flexible. There are always many projects 'one' can get involved with - which helps to expand 'ones' knowledge base.
Awesome Company
Accounting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 16, 2016
I worked for this company 9 years. I would love to go back. If you need a great company to work for this is the place.

The pay is great and I was promoted 3 times during my employment
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Small company
No growth
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 22, 2016
Would not recommend to anyone. Not a stable environment. Very boast with employees and not organized. Unless you are looking for a temp position. I would not recommend this place at all.
Benefits
Cons
No growth
Productive great place to work
Billing Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  1413 Tech blvd Tampa, fl 33619June 24, 2016
Being productive
Team player
Side by side training
Focus meeting
Assisting with management on bills
Reprocessing of bills reconsideration
Pros
awards given
Cons
everyone should be recognized
Great place!
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 11, 2016
Great job security with great pay and benefits. They really strive to make the environment feel like a family; its a small business. I believe their biggest pro would be all the fun activities they have weekly that make it feel like you're not working.
Pros
Excellent job environment!
Cons
Too small for advancement.
Work Life balance was taken away
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 6, 2016
I left this job because the option to work remote was taken away. The work life balance was no longer available to employee. When I started working for HES, it was an ethical company with keeping all stakeholders in mind such as caring about not only shareholders, but also employee, community, customers, and environment. That all changes within less than two years. I decided to go back to school and finish my degree.
Great company focused on excellent Customer Service Call center
Healthcare Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 13, 2016
A great company to work for with great work/life balance and compensation/benefits, especially if you worked in the home office located in Tampa, Florida. I worked at a remote call center office located across the country in Tempe, Arizona, so advancement was almost impossible and the job security was also limited since besides a call center job, other positions were not opened or filled often, even when they were vacated at our site. Overall it was great place to work, communicate, learn, meet people, and an experience which I'd like to be able to do again in a future job.
Pros
Salary, experience, friendships, pot lucks, customer service events, etc.
Cons
Remote office not offering same things as main corporate office
Opportunity to do various duties, not micro managed,
Admini Asst II---ABM Dept (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMay 2, 2016
The workload varied from week to week; some days were extremely busy and others moderate workload. Nice people. The ability to do my job without supervision or being micro-managed was a plus for me. I am a self-starter and need little supervision once I have learned the new responsibilities assigned to me. I enjoyed working on monthly report producing patient data for insurance client. I enjoyed putting employee relation events together.
Pros
Varied duties, learning new responsibilities.
Cons
Freedom to work without supervisor hovering over me.
Very positive close knit family type work environment
Customer Service Specialist/Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 11, 2016
This by far of all the jobs I've had as an adult has been my favorite. The morale is so positive, they give you the desire to want to come to work and exceed. They constantly have team building experiences and the call center is a small environment so everyone is so close knit is like our own little family. The supervisors and management are awesome to work for and definitely have that open door policy that makes you feel comfortable to talk to them if necessary. Best place in the valley to work, hands down!!
Awful place when I worked there, has gotten even worse
Developer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 5, 2016
When I was there as a developer, it was a laid back environment with low levels of technical competence and lots of office politics below the surface.

The tech side of the place was basically run by a bunch of semi-competent DBAs, so the software environment consisted of a bunch of poorly written java programs calling enormous stored procedures. There were tens of thousands of tables and tens of thousands of stored procedures and almost no one in the company could tell you what more than a tiny fraction of them did. The awfulness is difficult to describe, but most developers just see it and stare in slack jawed horror before asking if they're being pranked. When I was there, the system regularly crashed, resource leaked itself into oblivion and otherwise caught on fire, endangering millions of dollars in otherwise easy revenue.

Since the geniuses who developed this train wreck still worked there (a few years ago they did, no idea now), any attempts to improve the awfulness were met with outright hostility and game of thrones style office politics. Most people either decide they fit in with the backstabbing and incompetence (and stay around forever) or they leave within a year. The culture is pretty much what you'd expect.

I've kept in touch with some of the employees since then and from what I hear, it's gotten worse. There have been lots of reorgs and layoffs, the new COO is apparently pretty bad and nearly everyone employable is now employed elsewhere. Nearly everyone that I remember from there as being halfway decent was either laid off or quit.
Pros
When I was there it was pretty laid back with average compensation.
Cons
Company was a pit of mediocrity and backstabbing, is apparently even worse now.
Ok
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 7, 2014
Was a job, few opportunities for advancement. Very small work area.
Pros
Cons
customer service never in the "loop" with upper managment
Great people with great policies to make work enjoyable
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 24, 2014
This company values quality over quantity. They understand that there is a fine line when productivity become lack of quality and they know how to utilize that knowledge. You can look forward to stellar training and a work environment designed to give you the best opportunity to do your best work. If you pay attention during training you will do great. Good benefits, great people, wonderful work enviorment.
Pros
Plenty of resources for stellar work, nice customers, and incentives
Cons
Really there are no cons.
Great place to work... for a while
IT Employee (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 13, 2013
Average turn over every 2 years. A lot of office politics. Upper management has great vision and goals... but they tend to be a moving target. They look for flexibility and now it makes sense.

Passed over by others for promotions without any plausible explanation. New hires are recruited at same or higher salaries than current employees.
Pros
Supportive supervisor and great co-workers.
Cons
Company direction tends to change too often.
wouldnt recommed
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  tampa flJune 6, 2013
very little chance of advance, not good benefits wouldn't recommend to anybody
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Productive place to work
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa,FlJune 6, 2013
Productive place to work but little chance for advancement
Cons
Sick and vacations is combined in the pto
Working my fingers to the bone.
Sr. Java Developer  (Former Employee) –  J2EE DeveloerMay 27, 2013
Great Heathcare place to work for. Be ready for CAZZY Great place to work if you a Junior Developer.
Pros
Their dress code is not as rigid as other places I have worked.
Cons
Number of hours each week.
Love my job
- (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 28, 2013
I just wanted to post that I have worked for Healthesystems for about three years and really enjoy the culture here. Everyone really cares about the company mission and the people here have great attitudes. I feel lucky.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Healthesystems. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9