Healthesystems Employee Reviews in United States

Very positive close knit family type work environment
Customer Service Specialist/Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 11, 2016
This by far of all the jobs I've had as an adult has been my favorite. The morale is so positive, they give you the desire to want to come to work and exceed. They constantly have team building experiences and the call center is a small environment so everyone is so close knit is like our own little family. The supervisors and management are awesome to work for and definitely have that open door policy that makes you feel comfortable to talk to them if necessary. Best place in the valley to work, hands down!!
Awful place when I worked there, has gotten even worse
Developer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 5, 2016
When I was there as a developer, it was a laid back environment with low levels of technical competence and lots of office politics below the surface.

The tech side of the place was basically run by a bunch of semi-competent DBAs, so the software environment consisted of a bunch of poorly written java programs calling enormous stored procedures. There were tens of thousands of tables and tens of thousands of stored procedures and almost no one in the company could tell you what more than a tiny fraction of them did. The awfulness is difficult to describe, but most developers just see it and stare in slack jawed horror before asking if they're being pranked. When I was there, the system regularly crashed, resource leaked itself into oblivion and otherwise caught on fire, endangering millions of dollars in otherwise easy revenue.

Since the geniuses who developed this train wreck still worked there (a few years ago they did, no idea now), any attempts to improve the awfulness were met with outright hostility and game of thrones style office politics. Most people either decide they fit in with the backstabbing and incompetence (and stay around forever) or they leave within a year. The culture is pretty much what you'd expect.

I've kept in touch with some of the employees since then and from what I hear, it's gotten worse. There have been lots of reorgs and layoffs, the new COO is apparently pretty bad and nearly everyone employable is now employed elsewhere. Nearly everyone that I remember from there as being halfway decent was either laid off or quit.
Pros
When I was there it was pretty laid back with average compensation.
Cons
Company was a pit of mediocrity and backstabbing, is apparently even worse now.
Ok
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 7, 2014
Was a job, few opportunities for advancement. Very small work area.
Cons
customer service never in the "loop" with upper managment
Great people with great policies to make work enjoyable
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 24, 2014
This company values quality over quantity. They understand that there is a fine line when productivity become lack of quality and they know how to utilize that knowledge. You can look forward to stellar training and a work environment designed to give you the best opportunity to do your best work. If you pay attention during training you will do great. Good benefits, great people, wonderful work enviorment.
Pros
plenty of resources for stellar work, nice customers, and incentives
Cons
really there are no cons.
Great place to work... for a while
IT Employee (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 13, 2013
Average turn over every 2 years. A lot of office politics. Upper management has great vision and goals... but they tend to be a moving target. They look for flexibility and now it makes sense.

Passed over by others for promotions without any plausible explanation. New hires are recruited at same or higher salaries than current employees.
Pros
supportive supervisor and great co-workers.
Cons
company direction tends to change too often.
wouldnt recommed
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  tampa flJune 6, 2013
very little chance of advance, not good benefits wouldn't recommend to anybody
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Productive place to work
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa,FlJune 6, 2013
Productive place to work but little chance for advancement
Cons
sick and vacations is combined in the pto
Working my fingers to the bone.
Sr. Java Developer (Former Employee) –  J2EE DeveloerMay 27, 2013
Great Heathcare place to work for. Be ready for CAZZY Great place to work if you a Junior Developer.
Pros
their dress code is not as rigid as other places i have worked.
Cons
number of hours each week.
Love my job
- (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 28, 2013
I just wanted to post that I have worked for Healthesystems for about three years and really enjoy the culture here. Everyone really cares about the company mission and the people here have great attitudes. I feel lucky.
I learned a great deal about Health care
Customer Care Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 19, 2013
Assisted Pharmacies, Insurance adjusters, and Worker’s Compensation patients with the electronic adjudication of medications
Good benefits, great job, terrible management
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 8, 2012
This is a fun job. Its busy some days, slow some, and overall the people you talk to on a daily basis over the phone are very nice. Youll primarily be speaking with Pharmacies, and although the training makes it seem overwhelming initially, it's easy to catch on quick. As with any office the politics can be extremely disheartening, however. The management is without a doubt the most biased and unprofessional team I have ever worked under. I really liked the job and Healthesystems as a whole, but the management team (as I said before) was an absolute nightmare. The morale once you get out on the floor and are on your own is lower than you might think at first glance. Asking questions or expressing concern is highly discouraged. The turnover rate at this office was extraordinarily high when I worked there. Within my first 3 weeks I saw over 18 people fired. Overall I would never recommend anyone to go work at Healthesystems, the AZ office in particular. The company itself as a whole is a great company, but that is nowhere near enough to outweigh the massive amount of cons to being an employee in the AZ office.
Pros
benefits, full time work
Cons
terrible management, low morale, no job security, negative environment