HealthFirst

HealthFirst United States Employee Reviews

busy clinic
Medical Assistant/Non-Certified X-ray Technician (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 5, 2015
Pros: Free lunches from drug reps, affordable insurance
Cons: late hours, no continuity of patient care
A typical day at work involves 200-300 patients daily. This is a multi-provider family practice that included urgent care. I've learned how to be a multi-tasker in a fast pace, sometimes hectic environment. I considered my co-workers family because we had to work as a team to get things done. The office manager had a open door policy; always pleasant.
poor management
Senior Administrative Assistant/ Financial Clerk (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 20, 2015
Management needs to properly train staff so employees can complete their tasks efficiently. Employees were not team oriented and were only interested in their own success. Management needs to hold supervisors accountable for errors made and not only place responsibility on those they oversee.
Fast paced, professional workplace, constantly growing!
Business Analyst, Call Center Support (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 16, 2015
There are a lot of wonderful, hardworking people at Healthfirst, and the atmosphere is cordial, comfortable, friendly and professional. The company has lofty plans for growth in market share, and has been aggressively and successfully pursuing them.
Excellent work environment
Business Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 13, 2015
Very good place to work. Nice people and I learned a lot. Very flexible, but busy. Overall a good experience. Compensation was not top notch, but the environment and culture is excellent.
Evolving company and work place
Hospital Contract Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 10, 2015
Pros: breaking down walls.....
Cons: n/a
Hospital owned insurance company that goes above and beyond for their owner and non owner hospitals. Good camaraderie and team work within various departments.
Healthfirst is a great company to work for.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Lake Mary, FLMarch 8, 2015
Pros: the pros would be paid lunches, bonuses, and family oriented environment.
Cons: some of the cons would be our quality department, and short breaks.
HealthFirst is a great company to work for. The only reason I am trying to leave is because I would like to leave Florida, and move to Atlanta. Everyone at HealthFirst is friendly and their primary focus is our members. The typical day of working for HealthFirst, staying busy from the time that I clock in, until the time I clock out. Breaks are ten minutes, which go by extremely fast, and lunch is forty minutes. They pay us for both, and they really take care of their employees. I've learned to not be afraid to move up and face challenges. Management has definitely pushed me to lead, and not always take orders. For example, when we get new representatives, the management typically have me help them, to prepare me for the next step on the corporate ladder. The hardest part of my job would honestly be our quality improvement department. I only say that because we have many locations (New York, North Carolina, and Florida) and our quality from those locations grade each call. One quality representative may say one thing, and one may say another. I think they should be more organized, so that more representatives can get a score of one hundred on their calls. Overall, Healthfirst is a great company.
Not what it seems
Registered Dietitian (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 26, 2015
Very high expectations. This company cares more about quantity then quality. They want you to meet a certain about of assessments (all telephonic) as well as complete other tasks. To make it worse the managers micromanage and some are condescending. I have been a dietitian longer than some managers and I am treated worse than an intern. Its nice to work from home but thats it. Its busy work filling out assessment forms and authorizing supplements. Not worth the pay
Stay to yourself
QI Supervisor (Former Employee), Lake Mary, FLFebruary 24, 2015
Its a great place to work as long you stay on upper management side, no matter if you agree or not.

The benefits a great.

I was with the company for over 8 years. I was promoted 4 times during that time. My advice is to stay to yourself and not make friends and you should be safe with the company. Even though you are friends with their enemy, they will bring you down anyway they can. Guilty by association, instead of what you have and will do for the company.
productive
business analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 10, 2015
great environment to work with. was a business analyst here.

high spirited team.
Every one was a team player
every thirdnparty also had a great relationship with the company business team.
getting the projects on track and following to the business by the team was great effort
Productive and Exciting Job
File Clerk (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: free catered lunches from drug reps.
Cons: alot of paperwork
It was rewarding to help patients with any inquiries. It may seem as small work being in the file room, but it is the foundation of the office.
The best company I have worked for.
Community outreach manager (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 24, 2015
Growth opportunity every where. Great benefits, great location and great people. Very diverse work environment.
the healthfirst experience
Providers Service Administrator (Current Employee), Lake Mary, FLJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: time in between calls
Cons: short breaks
There is no job security, the pay is well, the management is not the best should definitely look into getting a new staff
Thank you for taking the time to review my qualifications.
Service Compliance Coordinator, Temporary (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 9, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to review my qualifications. The culture was proffessional
Christian based company without God
Medical Tech (Current Employee), North Charleston, SCJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: free in-house medical care for you and your family....but they will bill your insurance.
Cons: no lunch breaks, pay raises, bonuses, paid holidays, no overtime, never ending increasing work load, new policies that remove your pto if your mess something up, a owner that strives to humiliate employees infront of patients so he may look important.
The company boasts its Christian principals, but in truth its God is money. They praise employees, preaching how they are family and the company would do anything for them. Yet, its employees work for years without raises, bonuses, holiday pay or pay incentive and are even refused lunch breaks - they are NOT required by law in SC. The company runs with the absolute bare-minimum of staff year round causing high stress, extreme work loads and uses the penalty of removing earned paid leave as its incentive to motivate. The staff spend their 12 hour days complaining to one another about the greed that has infested the company and the unrelenting additions to the workload and new policies that only seem to benefit the owner and his financial advisor. The company requires mandatory meetings which are held at 8:30pm and last until the owner steps off the soap box of how important he is. If you don't have child care, don't worry, you bring your child to the meeting...it only lasts till 11 or 12am. The company breaks its offices into different tax entities, so you can work as much as you want....for your base hourly wage, no overtime is paid for a 60 hour work week. Like so many empires, this company was once great, and like those empires became greedy and has fallen from grace.
Very Unprofessional Office
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Lake Mary, FLJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: the members are very patient and nice to talk to.
Cons: bad management, hr practices are unethical, very unprofessional employees
If people are intimidated by you at this office, then they will make you disappear. No one cares about work ethics or valuable employees. All of the good employees are terminated for no valid reasons. I have contacted upper management about this on numerous occasions and never received a response.
Very Productive
Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VADecember 3, 2014
I stayed busy with clients. On a typical day I would do 50 minutes massages for 9am - 1pm and 3pm - 8pm. I worked in a nice environment. I learned to listen to your client. I really enjoyed with with my co-workers. There wasn't anything hard about my job. I love what i do. My co-workers was awesome.
Disorganized, mismanaged, unpleasant
Educator (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 14, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: just read my comments.
I worked as a Clinical Educator for the Intake Department. I have been in nursing for 30 years and this was the poorest managed, most unpleasant and disorganized company I have ever experienced. From the first day that I was there I experienced an almost comical (looking back) series of events. I endured (not exaggeration) a classroom orientation during which I did not have access to my office computer, cellphone or scanner -- they did not work --and I was told day after day that someone "has been notified and will put you in the system, so meanwhile just follow along and listen". I sat for a week. I emailed my Assistant Director to see if she could help, but she never replied --- never even ventured up two flights of stairs to welcome me. This was a sign.

When I began work in my department my Assistant Director barely acknowledged me, my "preceptor" repeatedly fell asleep while training me - sometimes in mid-sentence, shared very personal and embarassing information with me from the day we met, and displayed erratic behavior fluctuating between angry outbursts, overzealous laughter and sleep. I reported this to my Assistant Director (who had witnessed weeks of this from her desk 3 feet away and said nothing) and she meakly apologized saying that she was sorry that "your orientation has had to be this way" and then did absolutely nothing. My preceptor then began to ask me to perform tasks in very specific ways which seemed questionable but she would assure me that "this is the way it must be done". When I would complete the task, the boss would correct me, telling me that this – more... is not the way it should be done and my preceptor would state "oh I know, I would have done it the other way". When I reported this to the boss, she again said "I'm sorry it has had to be this way. I'm glad you are telling me this. I'm surprised that you didn't walk out the first week. A lot of people would have."

My suspicions that something was seriously amiss with my preceptor were soon verified and she suddenly left on a Medical Leave never to return. I was left to train myself. My office team members were young, dissatisfied and arguing among themselves. I was presented with written goals for the year that were utterly unrealistic and pointless. The Assistant Director would rarely acknowledge my presence but on the few times that she did her demeanor was condescending. She made little eye contact and was socially awkward and rude. She seemed to feel that she was an expert at all jobs and would instruct me as to how to plan my presentations down to the most minute detail. I had to wonder why I had been hired. A word of praise or thanks was never uttered.

I left after 8 months. I will never forget the experience. The office that looked like a circus with dissatisfied employees endlessly grumbling, the mismanagement and lack of leadership. Truly an awful experience. – less
Progressive, stable and results oriented
Director, Member Services (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 26, 2014
Pros: stable company with knowledgeable people
Cons: extremely busy place to be.
A fast paced environment that requires you to exceed standards consistently. Acquired knowledge of products, technologies and key performance indicators. Management requires you to get results and to be an innovative and critical thinker. Co-workers are great and knowledgeable .
Growing company
SENIOR MANAGER (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 17, 2014
this company is growing fast, poor job culture and management.
Eh...it's alright but you need a high tolerance for foolery
Claims Examiner (Former Employee), Church StreetOctober 16, 2014
Pros: nice coworkers, telecommute, stipend for internet
Cons: inaccessible, unrealistic management; work life balance; environment frustrating at times
Management in this department was constantly in flux - there were several new managers in my last year (more than 4). The workload for most products was unrealistic, some people did it, most didn't meet all requirements. Don't expect a warm welcome. Most people just try to keep their heads down, do their work and leave.

Telecommute for new employees was after an undisclosed length of time. You went home eventually and they reimbursed you up to about $40 or $50 for your internet bill. Don't get too comfortable. They can and will bring you in from home any day for any undisclosed length of time for any reason, mostly described as the "needs of the business".

No long hours, occasional overtime was available. If you come from a work environment that is stringent, inventory or data driven you can survive here. Those who came from a more lax environment where they celebrate birthdays or they don't have a timer for your work (there really is a timer you clock in and out of) you might find adjusting here difficult, as that's what has happened in the past.

1 2 3 4 5

About HealthFirst

Healthfirst is a not-for-profit managed care organization sponsored by some of the most prestigious and nationally recognized – Read more

HealthFirst Salaries