Healthfirst Employee Reviews in United States

Very Good Place to Work
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 22, 2016
I loved working for Health First. They had really good benefits, raises based on personal performance, bonuses bases on departmental and personal performance. They have the best holiday parties. They have room for advancement and the positions offered daily challenges. I worked as a Member Services Rep. for 2 yrs and then I was offered a position within Medical Management that allowed me the option to work from home and the office. If I could I would work there again.
Pros
Great Benefits, room for Advancement, nice work environment
Health First
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMarch 31, 2016
Health First is a good company benefits and pay scale wise. Most places in Brevard County don't offer as good pay or benefits. I don't care for the department that I am in however I love working as a Medical Assistant. There can be issues with management telling you one thing and then the next day its something different. I work long hours.
benefits
Cons
issues with managment
No credibility
Senior Relationship Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 2, 2015
people get laid off with no justification or proof. Good people get laid off for no reason. HR department needs to be rebuild.
The CEO do not know what's happening in the company.
People that work hard and defend the interest of the company being laid off from HR.
Senior Health Partner managers are doing what ever they want to fired good people and HR is not doing anything. Your job is not safe there. the last 6 months 8 people got fired from the department that I used to work including me working there for 9 years with Exceed expectation .
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Job is not secured
Productive, relaxed enviornment, good pay
FIELD SUPERVISOR DRIVER (Former Employee) –  NYNovember 11, 2015
Busy work environment in the lower Manhattan. most of the job description involves being on the go. new site developments, different locations and event planning for business marketing due to the nature of the city. The company became number one in low income health insurance in the city of New York. and grew Quadruple it's size in a space of two years. The Unit I worked with was a response team designed to create Mobile office space for marketing representatives each driver assigned to the vehicle was a onsite Supervisor. a standard in the industry marketing stratergy, which later became a model for a new emerging enterprise for Health insurance companies in the industry..
Pros
competative salary, adventurous
Cons
micro management, no job security
Horrible Company
Client Care Representative/Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ORJanuary 4, 2016
Patient finance is a promising area, but this company won't be a winner. There's really nothing positive to say about about this company. Avoid at all costs. The CEO and the President of HealthFirst are two people I wouldn't trust as far as I could throw them. You can't learn integrity so I'm afraid this company is doomed to carry on as it is. This is most likely the reason that you employ such sub par people. Anyone with talent would never work long term for such a disgusting company. Do not work for this company, not recommended at all.
Pros
Decent pay and hours, decent job to start out however no job security whatsoever.
Cons
Terrible training, blames employees for mistakes not made by employees. This company will throw anyone under the bus, you cannot trust management.
Interesting and challenging job. Nice co-workers.
PHLEBOTOMIST/LAB ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 27, 2016
I began working for HealthFirst (then known as Metropolitan Clinic) when I was contacted by the Lab Manager, while I was still working at The Portland Clinic. She offered me a higher salary and a much better benefit package, so I accepted her offer.

I was able to fully utilize my outstanding phlebotomy skills, as well as become certified to do audiometric testing, there. In addition, once I was working at their Tualatin facility, I was responsible for all "chain-of-custody" urine drug screening collections, and related paperwork.

HealthFirst underwent significant managerial changes when they merged with several other clinics, and thus began a downward spiral, financially. This resulted in irregularities in the payroll, and the company has since dissolved due to bankruptcy.

I'm happy for the opportunity to learn some new skills in this position and for the many friends I made in my years there.
Pros
Lots of opportunity for growth, nice facilities.
Cons
Uncertain management, eventual bankruptcy
Great company to work with
Senior Lead, Member Services (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 21, 2016
Healthfirst is a great company to work with. It has great benefits and there is room for advancement if that is your desire.
Benefits
working for hf
Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 13, 2016
typical work is compiling reports and running errands
what I learned is I have to network with the correct set of people
management seems lost at times,
coworkers can be great as long as you keep your personal life out of work issues.
hardest part of the job is the low wage
enjoyable part is working from home.
Pros
working from home
Cons
horrible salary
Contract - Surgical Software System Admin (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLOctober 30, 2015
As a Contract Employee I am able to work remote, which is a boon. I am not privy to any political or red tape issues within the company due to the nature of my employment. Personnel and Management are always easy going, friendly and courteous.
Excellent company to work for, with a grand, and still growing, list of benefits above and beyond the normal 401K and Health Insurance. The company cares about not only its own employees but the community around it.
Work is compelling and continues to present new challenging and exciting tasks and experiences
Pros
Benefits, Coworkers
Cons
Unknown
All over decent place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  HRMCFebruary 5, 2016
I worked with some outstanding RNs. The benefits from Health First were competitive. I was in the older section of the hospital and I believe Health First did the best they could to maintain the facility.
Promotions are everyday at healthfirst
Sales/Telemarketer/Customer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 9, 2015
As an ex employee of Healthfirst, I can share that I learned so much within a short span of time. The management team pay attention to your productivity and are quick to move you into rewarding opportunities as they arise. You are never lost in this company. There is always a leader that sticks their head out for you because they believe in you. It is very difficult to not do your best at Health First. The motivation and the rewards are endless. You are inspired to do well daily.
Pros
Promotions are accessible within a short period of time.
Cons
Depending on the position sometimes quotas are a must.
Great employer, Great job.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, NJFebruary 19, 2016
Unfortunately, the business closed after 10 years in the community. My boss, the owner was the best. It was a great place to work. The environment encouraged hard work, and hard work was rewarded, but it was also a relaxed atmosphere. It was a small company, so all the co-workers became close. In spite of our different personalities we found we all got along really well. I learned so much more than I would have, had the company not been an independent pharmacy. I learned book keeping and inventory management and had a voice in major company decisions. The hardest part of the job is handling an atypical problem with a customer. The nature of the business is sometimes seeing people at their worst. There were arrests we had to have made for customers not doing the right thing, and we were robbed. The most enjoyable thing was always learning. There is usually a better way to do something, and one of us would figure it out. Sometimes figuring out what happened with a prescription or the insurance claim could be like solving a mystery or putting together a puzzle. It was a lot of fun once we were able to figure out the solution.
Pros
The boss.
Cons
short breaks.
It was a great place to work and learn at the same time.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rivercrest Plaza, US#1, Melbourne, FloridaJanuary 11, 2016
Center for Learning was a great place to work and learn. In my almost four years working for the center, I realized how important and devoted my job was. Starting from management to all my co-workers were down to earth professionals.

The most difficult part of my job was the driving distance. The traffic was insane coming from Palm Bay to Rivercrest Plaza in US#1 in Melbourne for almost four years.

The most enjoyable part of my job was when classes were in session and I got to talk to the nurses and paramedics on their class breaks.
Pros
Learning experience.
Cons
Distance from home to work.
Team and Individual Development
Sr Medicare Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 3, 2016
Working at Healthfirst always felt like you were a part of something bigger than yourself. You were an integral part of a team at work and in your community. They believe in the employees are the company. They helped you to achieve your goals in self development and supported advancement within the company.
Pros
Great Energy!
Cons
Only in NY
Communication
CM (Current Employee) –  Rockledge, FLJune 6, 2016
Health First has leadership, organizational and communication deficits. Job security and consistent work flows/practices are lacking. There are no two days that are similar as the overall structure of departments are disorganized and have no written workflows or role patterns.
Leadership lacks coaching abilities and promptly terminates or demotes without an explanation or coaching.
Lack of consistency and outdated technology makes it difficult to perform proficiently in any role. Attrition is high dues to job dissatisfaction and poor leadership.
Co-workers strive to do a good job but have no clear guidance to be successful.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Poor technology, inconsistent work practices, poor communication
Great way to get your foot in the door
Triage (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCMarch 30, 2016
*Great way to get your foot in the door,
*management is very terrible,
*co-workers are great, fun , exciting people to be around,
*hardest part of my job is doing more then what I'm paid for, yes you
want to be a team players but It would be nice to get compensated for such actions.
Great place to start your career
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 16, 2015
I was given the opportunity to intern for Healthfirst and learned a lot through my experience. I was able to build long lasting connections, dive into projects, and make a positive impact on the organization. Overall, great company and welcoming culture.
Pros
Great company to build connections at; excellent internship program; the compensation is exceptional
Cons
Could be more structure around assigned projects
High volume call center, Lot of emails.
Customer Service to the Provider (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMay 2, 2016
Provider portal on the website does not provider the information the Providers need for the claims or HF, they never receive the claim. Claims being processed incorrectly. Paid and then they go back and take payment but the claim paid correctly. Poor Management when it comes to the claims area. They are adding on new procedures all the time but no one knows the correct answer when you ask a question about a claim to the senior team. They are getting a new system, watch out. Thousands of services forms submitted but not processed and the Provider keep calling and getting the same answer. Still Pending for 120 days.
Pros
Lunch 40 mins
Cons
Two Short breaks
Excellent Company to work for
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMarch 31, 2016
This is an excellent company to work for since it is a great learning experience and great oportunity in growth. loved working with the team i was working with and it was an excellent management team.
Their training program it's awesome
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 8, 2016
My duties consisted of targeting hospital, local clinics, and doctors. The service that I provided was low cost health insurance to NY residents in all the five boroughs. I will go business to business to acquired new members to offer them insurance.
Pros
You learn a lot how to market yourself.
Cons
The benefits weren't all that great.