Healthfirst Employee Reviews

Friendly and helpful work environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXOctober 26, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of answering questions posed by members and providers about their health insurance benefits. I learned office communication and problem solving regarding claims. Management was helpful and the co-workers were as helpful and informative as they could be. The hardest part of the job was figuring out problems with health insurance claims. The most enjoyable part was the satisfaction of the members and providers when problems were resolved.
Pros
Helpful and approachable staff
Cons
Limited initial training
Used to be a great place to work. We were like family and had been together for years.
Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXAugust 6, 2016
A typical day at work is highly stressful. There are not enough people working there who truly know the Third Party Administrator business. I did learn how to be a good department manager. Mainly through trial and error. Co-workers were great. We truly viewed each other as family. Management doesn't know enough about the business, causing them to make crucial errors. The hardest part of the job was trying to get a huge amount of work done with not enough time. The most enjoyable was truly being able to help a client achieve a satisfactory result.
Pros
Good health benefits.
Cons
Extremely stressful environment.
The Quality Assurance monitoring system is strict
Member Services (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJuly 12, 2016
Great company, with opportunities to assist those less fortunate to obtain Healthcare through employment opportunities.
I answer inbound calls from members, providers and new prospects. assist in technical issues members encounter on company website. I change the Doctors on file to one that the members prefers. Assist with locating specialist in the members preferred locations. Post payments. I work in a fast paced call center environment.
Pros
Positive open communcation with management
Cons
advancement slow; QA monitoring
Excellent company to work it.
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 2, 2016
Healthfirst management team is very outgoing for their employees The company offers great opportunity for advancement and motivates their employees to accomplish their goals for advancement within the company.
Pros
Employees work from remote location 95% of the time
Cons
Great working environment all around.
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 30, 2016
Love this company; worked for this company for several years.
Great opportunity for grow and advancement within this company.
Employee benefits are generous.
Pros
Work from home 95% of the time.
Very Good Place to Work
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 22, 2016
I loved working for Health First. They had really good benefits, raises based on personal performance, bonuses bases on departmental and personal performance. They have the best holiday parties. They have room for advancement and the positions offered daily challenges. I worked as a Member Services Rep. for 2 yrs and then I was offered a position within Medical Management that allowed me the option to work from home and the office. If I could I would work there again.
Pros
Great Benefits, room for Advancement, nice work environment
RUN!!! Don't work here
Account Executive/Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  RemoteOctober 25, 2016
This company was so unprofessional. They lied about commissions and then a year into working there; they changed the commission structure. The funny thing is upper management didn't seem to know how the commission structure worked. The CFO said if you didn't have a financing background then you wouldn't understand how the commissions are broken down. WHAT??? Then they put an attorney as the President who had 0 sales experience. She was a disaster. RUN don't walk. This company is so unprofessional. One of the first times I met the owner he started yelling about certain employees and named names in front of a company meeting. The owner also fostered an environment of mistrust. He hired remote employees yet he didn't trust them. He made everyone feel like they were expendable except for his pets who were his "yes" men. Nepotism at its finest.
Pros
NOTHING
Business Analyst
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  RockledgeJune 25, 2016
Good organization that focuses on work life balance. Expectations are clear, management is easy to work with and generally conveys their expectations well. Co-workers act like a family and team.

The direction in the job can sometimes change rapidly so you must be able to manage change.
Pros
good organization with good multi cultural focus
Cons
limited opportunity due to size of company
Not what I expected
Clinical Coding Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 25, 2016
Typical work day in the Clinical Coding Dept. consisted of waiting on assignments after days of doing absolutely nothing. The manager did not like to assign duties leaving one to ask their coworker what they're working on in an attempt to seem busy.

I learned a bit of the culture and the CMS auditing process. Micromanaging is heavily exercised in this department while manners isn't. This made the experience somewhat difficult and unpleasant.

However the coworkers from other departments are good and cordial. What I enjoyed most was my interaction with them.
Pros
Referral bonus
Cons
HR isn't trustworthy
Health First
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMarch 31, 2016
Health First is a good company benefits and pay scale wise. Most places in Brevard County don't offer as good pay or benefits. I don't care for the department that I am in however I love working as a Medical Assistant. There can be issues with management telling you one thing and then the next day its something different. I work long hours.
benefits
Cons
issues with managment
Encredible culture
District manager (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYNovember 3, 2016
• Keep employees motivated, resolve conflicts while making impacting decisions.
• Manage multiple Pace locations along with representatives across Staten Island, Brooklyn, Queens and Long Island coordinately visiting locations from time to time.
• Create and maintain goals with representatives consequently coordinate with as well as report to senior management in the company.
• Ensure that all projects are executed profitably and in compliance to standardized business practices
Great Place to work
TALENT ACQUISITION PARTNER (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMay 31, 2016
Great culture, Great people to work with. Advancement available if you work hard. Growing organization in a growing industry.
Great clients, bad management
Chiropractic Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 29, 2016
Unscrupulous and dishonest employer. Chiropractor refused to order necessary products to perform therapies, so some clients received sub standard treatments. Clients were seen by chiropractor based on the amount of income he could generate from them, otherwise they only received treatments from the assistant. Chiropractor was moody and would treat employees negatively at times due to his personal issues. Chiropractor lied to Missouri Department of Labor in an attempt to block unemployment benefits to former employees.
Pros
flexible hours, great clients
Communication
CM (Current Employee) –  Rockledge, FLJune 6, 2016
Health First has leadership, organizational and communication deficits. Job security and consistent work flows/practices are lacking. There are no two days that are similar as the overall structure of departments are disorganized and have no written workflows or role patterns.
Leadership lacks coaching abilities and promptly terminates or demotes without an explanation or coaching.
Lack of consistency and outdated technology makes it difficult to perform proficiently in any role. Attrition is high dues to job dissatisfaction and poor leadership.
Co-workers strive to do a good job but have no clear guidance to be successful.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Poor technology, inconsistent work practices, poor communication
Fired unfairly
CNA and Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Holmes. Melbourne flAugust 30, 2016
A floor manager knew me and how I worked before asking for me to be a part of the unit. After two months she looked for reasons time fire me. I have always gotten along with people and this floor never accepted me. I asked for help with co worker relationships. She was not there. I was fired for any silly thing she could come up with. When appealed the company took her side and that's wrong because I didn't do anything to deserve this.
Pros
Good benifets. Lots of places to move around.
Cons
Catty people.
Great people and management who foster growth
Customer Service Team Lead (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 6, 2016
My experience at HEALTHFIRST was great. Hard work was rewarded with advancement at all levels and felt truly diverse while I was there seeing staff of all socioeconomic, racial, and gender groups meeting the goals they worked hard toward and deserved.
Pros
Excellent place to start a career
Cons
Formal Internal training programs needed work at the time of my tenure
Ok company with bad hr
Temporary Assignment (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 2, 2016
Healthfirst does good work and there are some very nice people there. The HR folks don't seem to care much and the woman who heads the TA team is never there.
Pros
Free coffee, nice looking office, good benefits.
Cons
HR doesn't care about their employees, you are just a number and if you get the head of TA mad she gets rid of you.
Poor job security, company does not care about reliable, trusted and hard working employees. Its policies - what the company cares about the most
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 8, 2016
I worked for the company as a Member Service Rep for more than 4.5 years being a reliable and trusted employee always willing to go above and beyond. Always had overall great perfomance and high QI scores and had a higher adherence % than my whole team combined, never being late for work and never had any disciplinary actions throughout employment. Just have recently been fired for saying something unappropriate because of not feeling well that day. Had not been even given a second chance or something according to the overall job perfomance and all the time perfect attendance and willingness to help customers and new employees and a supervisor as well. A supervisor did not even stood up and defended his team member before upper managers blindly following company policies.

Bottom line:
You break a company policy for any reason, you outta there regardless of your perfomance and contributions to the overall company success. Company policies are the most valuable assets, not its employees who contribute to the overall company success.
No matter what happened, I had great time working there. Most valuable asset is are great co-workers I had an honor working with. Poor upper management though
Pros
Paid holidays, PTO, M-F shift
Cons
Short breaks, short lunch break, too much pressure, health coverage, poor job security, favoritism, poor QI auditing, no sick days policy according to state laws
No credibility
Senior Relationship Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 2, 2015
people get laid off with no justification or proof. Good people get laid off for no reason. HR department needs to be rebuild.
The CEO do not know what's happening in the company.
People that work hard and defend the interest of the company being laid off from HR.
Senior Health Partner managers are doing what ever they want to fired good people and HR is not doing anything. Your job is not safe there. the last 6 months 8 people got fired from the department that I used to work including me working there for 9 years with Exceed expectation .
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Job is not secured
Working for Health First
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJuly 2, 2016
A typical day at work was sitting down in my desk and expect for many phone calls, just busy day! I learned that you can't please everyone or that not everyone is going to like you (talking about management and co-workers). The hardest part of the job is working with a doctor that just complained about everything and I didn't feel comfortable with the negative attitude. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting nice people that gave me good advice to be positive and to stick up for myself.
Pros
Unfair management, not the best pay
Cons
medical insurance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Healthfirst. Our community is ready to answer.