Healthfirst Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
My view on things
Member (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 20, 2017
This would be a great company to work for if the management would stop playing favorites and really acknowledge everyone s hard work not just the employees the managers like.
My manager was fantastic to work with.
Pathology Matrix Supervisor (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 19, 2017
Fast paced working environment with multiple FS stations that can continuously run for Derm, OR, or transplants. High workload volume. Good doctors and staffing personnel.
During high volumes, staffing can be short, causing stress in the workplace and long hours.

Pay is good, advancement can be limited. With right supervision teamwork is strong.
Pros
Good pay and location
Cons
Can be Short staffed and long hours causing employee stress and burn out.
Very professional and wonderful place to work
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLSeptember 19, 2017
I have loved working here for the past 11 years!! Our patients are our family. We are a very close family oriented workplace. We are here to serve our patients and their families. We love our jobs and each other which creates a strong environment. Our patients trust us with their care. We are team players and get the job done. I am hoping to find a health care facility who holds strong to these beliefs. That patient care comes first. And that together we are stronger and better able to serve the community.
Co workers made the job easier to deal with
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCSeptember 19, 2017
Management pushed employees to work non stop sometimes barely getting a break for lunch. All about getting patients in and out quickly instead of good patient care. Mandatory monthly meetings after working a 12hr shift were more like a prayer group.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
No appreciation for hard working employees
Healthfirst
Medical Records Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 17, 2017
The compensation at Healthfirst is below average compared to its competitors. This is my main issue with working for this company. The workplace culture is fair.
It's a pretty good company to work for
RightFax Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 16, 2017
The compensation is pretty good and it has a fast paced work environment. They offer telecommuter positions depending on the job. I would like to stay with the company however,there are a lack of opportunities for advancement.
This place lace is a stepping stone
Healthcare Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 14, 2017
- Some managers are ineffective communicators, yet love to hear themselves talk
- Technology is behind the times
- Typical office politics are here
- Culture rewards working longer hours and not working smarter
Pros
Compensation, benefits are competitive
Cons
Ineffective management, typical office politics
HealthFirst medical group
Front Desk Receptionist/Phone Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 14, 2017
I check in patients for their appointments, make appointments and deal with billing issues. We do not currently have a manager due to our last one retiring, we are still looking to replace her. The most enjoyable part about my job is working with kids!
Productive, Clean, Caring
Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLSeptember 12, 2017
I loved my job. The co-workers were always so wiling to help, even though the work load was overwhelming most of the time with lack of help we were always right there to give you each other a helping hand. I was able to help in other areas besides my own and had lot of respect for my co-workers
Pros
Beautiful clean new hospital
Cons
Lack of Management
If you like to chase your tail
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  NY NYSeptember 11, 2017
The operations senior management team is unorganized and lacks clear direction to move the team forward. Leadership is clueless as it relates to providing support to their mid-level management team, who has minimal claims processing experience and are equally clueless. If you want to chase your tail everyday and work 60+ hours to stay ahead, this is the place for you.
Pros
Great compensation package
Lots of work politics
Ancillary Services Contractor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 10, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of claim denial research, vendor conference calls, in-person executive meetings and lots and lots of email.

I learned project and account management from the ground up.

Pretty much zero training. Training received was not sufficient for claims research. If you are a quick learner and a self-starter, it will be fine for you.

The connections I made there are absolutely invaluable. The people I worked with all over the company were brilliant and inspiring.

Healthfirst is basically Health Insurance bootcamp. You will learn a lot that will enhance your resume and it will challenge you.
Pros
Amazing people
Eh
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 8, 2017
Not your typical company, if you dont like change and unfinished processes, not the place for you. OCS managers are inexperienced and have come from a previous company together, good ole boy group.
A collegial and friendly environment
Sr Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 7, 2017
The company is in the midst of transforming it's business - People , Process and Technology. If these initiatives are successfully implemented, the company is sure to remain best in class
High energy, high expectation
Infrastructure and Operations (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 4, 2017
There is not a corner of this company that isn't working hard to aspire to pre-eminence. This also means cutting costs while maximizing profits. A common trend across the industry and also being exhibited in the company is the hiring of consultants to complete work rather than part- or full-time employees. Resources in I&O are trending toward Florida from NY as labor is cheaper, and offshore resources are beginning to be used to substitute for more expensive in-person labor who meaningful wages and benefits must be owed to. Working for healthfirst has a wide array of experience depending on what department you are working for. All-in-all, company religiously abides by corporate culture drivers and they mean it. Marketing and culture strategy makes you feel a part of something, like what you do matters. Environment can be high stress as there is much growth in the company's future (this is highly dependent on the department you are in).
Great small company
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Mountlake Terrace, WA 98043August 31, 2017
Great place to work.. It is a learning culture, where co-workers help each other out. Good work/life balance. Friendly staff and management. I would recommend this company.
Pros
Free lunch once a month
Cons
Need more project management.
Productive work place
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Cape Canaveral, FLAugust 31, 2017
a environment that results in family friendly/ working environment that gave me the opportunity to provide a different but caring service to patients.
Pros
exceptional working atmosphere that is friendly and peaceful
Cons
the pay does not equal the work load
Productive work place
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLAugust 30, 2017
The management is pretty fair
The workplace culture is great
I enjoy making a difference in the lives
of our members and to also find different ways
to improve my knowledge of the company in
order to be more informative to educate our
members on the services provided.
Ok company to work for
Director - IT Project Portfolio Delivery (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 30, 2017
Typical growing company. Major changes are taking place. If you are looking for a company that is growing and embrace the change, then Healthfirst is for you.
not applicable
RN (Current Employee) –  FloridaAugust 29, 2017
The work is constant and steady, sometimes fast paced. You typically work 9 to 10 hours a day. Many personalities. Your opinion does not always count. Rules are not the same for everyone.
Pros
Monday thru Friday
Cons
Favortism
Good place to work for
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Port Saint John, FLAugust 25, 2017
Overall positive vibes from working with this company. Great coworkers to get a long with including management. Great benefits including dental, vision, and life insurance. Steady throughout the day in regards to patient influx.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Healthfirst. Our community is ready to answer.