HealthFitness Employee Reviews

Management is toxic
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 15, 2017
I managed a program HealthFitness. Not only did they not provide me with a working job description, but they also continually violated my rights as a worker, by forcing me to work excessive overtime hours and also did not allow me to take time off when I needed it. When I asked for management support for some of these issues I received disciplinary actions on my record. However, the work was interesting and the company I contracted to was very good. My co-workers were phenomenal.
Pros
Co-workers, Great Environment
Cons
Toxic Management, Low Pay, and Long Hours
Great Environment
Event Recruitment and Scheduling Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNFebruary 14, 2017
HealthFitness has an outstanding idea in keeping corporations fit and healthy. Management is good at a mid level. Not much room to advance in company.
The organization is porfessional.
Program Manager II (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 27, 2017
After working with HealthFitness for 6 years, they are the cutting edge of corporate fitness. They provide opportunities and challenges for their professional fitness staff that allows you to grow in your profession.
Pros
Reimbursement for continuing education.
Cons
Hard finding subs when you want to take PTO.
HealthFitness was an Experience
Health and Wellness Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 22, 2017
I learned at HealthFitness what it meant for an employer to not care about its employees. Strictly driven by numbers, I find there is a tmerger somewhere between business and compassion,
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
n/a at my branch
Enjoyable place to work
Health Fitness Specialist (Current Employee) –  Maplewood, MNNovember 19, 2016
Enjoy working with a variety of different people and teaching a variety of different group exercise classes. Wishing this company would accept the NESTA Personal Training Cert.
Fun Work Place
Member Services Rep - Bilingual - Spanish (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 10, 2016
Management and coworkers are great! Job stability due to the restructuring happening at the company. Overall great place, I'm sure I would have staid at the company.
Pros
Management and coworkers are great!
Cons
Job stability.
Management has no clue
HFC (Former Employee) –  SSF CAOctober 6, 2016
-regional management is clueless of what actually happens at their sites

-local management is misleading and more concerned about secondary jobs instead of coaching employees and spending time on site.

-absolutely no upward mobility

-insecure alphas who bully and do not care about their employees
Pros
People u meet
Cons
Almost everything
Productive environment/
Health Fitness Professional (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 26, 2016
The company promotes health and fitness strategies in a corporate workplace setting. High energy workplace with group fitness
Productive and Informtional experience
Internship (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 31, 2016
I learned so much during my internship at HealthFitness. While I was there I was responsible for helping to maintain a safe and fun environment so that members can come in and workout to relieve the stresses of their day. I learned invaluable lessons like demonstrating outstanding customer service, how to accurately teach a group exercise class and the importance of organization.

If ever given a chance to intern or work for HealthFitness, I would highly recommend it. It is hard work but it is also very rewarding.
Productive and fun place to work
Corporate Fitness Internship at Cisco (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 25, 2016
Everyone is really friendly and there is a great team environment at this site. A good place to work and create a career. Could not have asked for a better place to complete my internship at.
Great opportunity
Executive (Former Employee) –  IllinoisFebruary 12, 2016
HealthFitness is a great place to work if you are looking for a "start up" culture. The management team is eager to be a market leader and they are using competitive analysis and some new delivery/partnership strategies to get there.
Learned a lot about corporate fitness in my time here
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Covington, KYDecember 12, 2015
Management, co-workers and clients were great to work with. If this facility had not closed, I would probably still be working there.
Pros
co-workers and hours
Cons
moved facility to a less desirable location
This company is very helpful to the clients as the health education provided is catered to the clients specific needs.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 18, 2015
This company is one of the most elite in all the country that provides Biometric Screenings to companies in the United States. This is an excellent company to work for.
Pros
Excellent work environment, pay is good.
Good company
Health Advisor (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 16, 2015
Management is very interactive and supporting, better compensation would be nice. The job itself is a little repetitive, it would be nice to change it up and have projects and tasks to do.
Fun work environment for the out going professional.
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sparks, MDSeptember 27, 2015
HealthFitness values work life balance, provides opportunities to foster personal growth and commends self starters who want to work hard. They provide ample time off, however, the salary is low and the hours are difficult.
Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop
Condition Management Nurse Coach (Current Employee) –  IL,MNAugust 28, 2015
Management is transparent, consistent and fair. Much attention is given to providing support and team building. Training for the tasks is a high priority for management.
Great Co Workers/ Poor Mangement
Worksite Screening Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 4, 2015
As a work from home employee it was hard to connect with teammates and management on a regular basis.
The company is going through much change currently and all teams are not up to speed which makes job duties more challenging.
Co Workers are amazing and dedicated to the job and changing lives of the clients we work with.
Part Time Excellent Organization
RN Staff Nurse,Part Time Bio Assessment (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 25, 2015
Still enjoy woking health assessment events with this company.Just not enough screening events available
Pros
Excellent Clinical Leads
Cons
Very Busy, Few Breaks often 9-10 hr days
Fair but unsteady job
On Call Fitness Associate and Intern (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJanuary 6, 2015
Worked with great people but the pay was fairly low and the hours didn't come very often. Most of my time was spent as an unpaid intern working more than 40 hours a week. Every once in a while I would be able to get paid for a shift but not very often.
Cons
Hardly any time for a break or lunch
Wonderful coworkers & members!
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIJanuary 2, 2015
I was an employee of HealthFitness doing corporate wellness for GE Healthcare. I instructed group exercise classes, did personal training, fitness testing/assessments, incentive programming and managerial/desk work. I worked with a small group of staff members (only 4 at my location, 10 overall) and we got along like family. Everyone was within the same age group as well. We had a large variety of members, including GE Interns up to GE Retirees. A large variety of ethnic backgrounds as well.
The hardest part of my job was (at times) the work load - I wish it was heavier! I'm a go-getter, so maybe more work/projects would have been beneficial for me.
The best part - the members. They came to the fitness center to get away for a break from their workload. They've expressed it multiple times as to why they enjoyed coming to us.
Pros
flexible schedule, fun staff, fun members, relaxed atmosphere
Cons
short breaks, weekend hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HealthFitness. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval