Healthgrades Employee Reviews

Constant changes within the org, not great retention
Developer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 22, 2017
Sense of fear/frustration a result of changes occurring in upper management. Engineering is now segmented into 'squads' which is a great idea, but there are some major hurdles with communication from the top. Very qualified engineering staff. I'm stating to look elsewhere as advancement is not within reach.
Pros
Work/Life balance. Lots of great, very capable developers
Cons
Poor communication from the top. Not very organized
Fast paced fun place to work
Product Owner (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 13, 2017
I enjoy the people and work very much. Management takes care of the people and the people work hard. From HR to my immediate team, I found a lot of support and cooperation to help me do my job.
An 'okay' place to work
DATA SCIENTIST (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 22, 2017
The flexibility provided for full-time salary employees is quite nice. There was initial opportunities to learn a lot but afterwards innovation within the company is quite slow. Upper management seem disconnected from the primary employees.

Workplace culture is pretty good. Occasional company meals together to socialize.

Benefits are okay. Vacation time is good but health benefits aren't the best.
Worst company I've ever worked for!
Call Center Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 26, 2017
I was recruited by this company. Management was negative, unsupportive, demanding, unprofessional, dishonest and lacked integrity. They cared nothing about staff or the call center environment. Call center agents were treated extremely poorly thus creating very very high turnover. Often times agents were encouraged to lie in order to obtain demographics from incoming callers. The company sells caller information to third party marketing companies. They have exceedingly high call performance goals and if not met and maintained on a weekly basis agents were out the door without any additional training first to try and help agents succeed. Management opinion and attitude was that agents were disposable and easily replaced. Firings were weekly if not daily! They had no problem running the call center like a fear driven dictatorship. Horrible, horrible place to work!!
Pros
Cons
Dishonest integrity lacking company!
Lots of changes
Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 21, 2017
Company is going in the right direction but growing pains, expanding on new technologies and will get to the next level of maturity soon
Very Great Work Enviornment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 28, 2016
Healthgrades is a great company to work for. A lot of respect at that place. The company is very friendly and it doesn't feel like a job really. The management is laid back and willing to assist anyway possible.
A Great Company to Work For!
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 23, 2016
This company is amazingly innovative, they really push people to think and want to hear ideas, and then to test those ideas to see if they work. I love the flexibility in scheduling, the department I work in has great energy and life to it.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Parking/Benefits
good people to work with that's about it.
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 20, 2016
The 5 years I was there it was a roller coaster. They say they are transparent, but far from it. Too many changes they can't seem to stay with one thing long enough to see the results. Management is vague and will throw money at those they don't want to lose.
Pros
Talented, fun people to work with. Trying to make changes, but will it stick?
Cons
Healthcare Benefits are pretty good, they do keep raising rates. Must be in the office. Say that working remote is fine, but then change their minds.
Poorly managed company with no structure
Digital Advisor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 28, 2016
Was recruited to Healthgrades with many promises that were never delivered on. Was hired as digital marketing professional but job was sales and account management. Many of the strategies and tactics we presented to the customers were never implemented. 30+ hours a week on conference calls; no time to do the work. Lack of training and structure made it a free-for-all in getting resources and production scheduled.
Pros
Good healthcare insurance
Cons
lack of stability; many good staff fired; demanding clients
Great coworkers but that's it
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 22, 2016
The coworkers I had the privilege to work with were awesome. That is where the positives end. Work/life balance is not there. They preach it all the time but actions speak louder than words. There is constant change in management and in direction. If they could ever get there stuff straight they may actually go places.
Pros
The actual workers
Cons
Work/life balance. Constant change in direction.
Overall lack of leadership and incentive to go above and beyond.
Data Governance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 9, 2016
There was a negative atmosphere in general. Little to no transparency from upper lever management and lack of general direction of company.
Historically a great organization
Network Engineer and Architect (Current Employee) –  Denver COMay 1, 2016
Recent changes in upper management and the organizational structure that is being implemented have made work/life balance and career advancement difficult.
Pros
Compelling mission
Great people to work with
Data Scientist (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 13, 2016
Overall it's a good group to work with but the salaries are consistently on the low end and they do not compensate for needing to park in downtown Denver every day (other office locations have parking lots).
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Raises and promotions don't seem to be matching market value
Workday Techno Functional Consultant
Workday Techno Functional Consultant (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 9, 2016
Great Place to work and has an organized job culture. The work atmosphere is well built. The management reaches to every person and responds upon the requirement.
good compnay
CRS (Current Employee) –  madisonFebruary 29, 2016
good company, laid back, treat you good. they feed you free lunch alot. supervisors are nice. along with MOST employees at this facuility
This is basically a fast growing call center environment. The people I worked with were a lot of fun.
Customer Relationship Specialist (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 3, 2016
This company is a marketing company for hospitals and healthcare systems throughout the country. While I was there, we were continually answers calls for more customers. I learned to be patient during this job. I thought the management was decent but not great. I think the hardest part of this job was sitting for eight hours. The call center had a high turn over so that could effect the call volume. The best part of this job were the co-workers.
Health Grades
Relationship Specialist (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 23, 2015
Health Grades is a great company with great pay. I loved working at this company. I made lots of friends and management was great. I enjoyed that the company appreciated the work employees did every month by providing lunch.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Great learning oppertunity
Customer Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 23, 2015
I was a customer relationship specialist. Answering telephones to get demographic information and match a patient to which ever specialist they needed to see. Learned how to better keep client relationships.
very nice company they always did fun activities for employers, very busy, always high call volmue
Customer Service Relationship Specialist (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 31, 2015
Typical work day is logging in, Set in ready and 1st call you get you just assist the patient as needed, such as: Calling to see if dr accepts new patient, Help patient finding new dr, dental, eye place, saving patient to database, making new appt, verifing insurance..ect
What I learned is that each call is different, just be yourself, also socialize with the caller a little
Management is okay but can improve, sometimes when I find myself lost or on a difcult call the teamleads are hard to find, they all take lunch at same time which is hard if needing help.
Healthgrades is a pretty big company so you work with alot of people don't know many cause I'm usually in my cube.
The hardest part of the job is getting a angry patient that want to speak with managment then you go to your team lead which then they tell you what to tell the caller when the team lead should assist the angry caller themselves.
The most enjoyable part is they really help you with a schdule that works for you, also they do alot for their employees, such as drawings, top agent of the month, pizza day, buy lunch on busy days or week. which is niece cause when you have happy employees who like their job then seems they have a better chance staying with the company for awhile
Pros
hours, pay, free lunch, open gym
Cons
the drive, no camera's, no coaching, all team leads should be on the same page
You could not pay me enough to work at this company again.
Database Developer (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 20, 2014
Horrible work culture, people fired at least once a month. Horrible training
Pros
Cons
Many

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Healthgrades. Our community is ready to answer.

Healthgrades Reviews by Location