HealthHelp Employee Reviews

horrible place to work, not worth applying to.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  East Greenbush, NYJanuary 31, 2016
I have worked in customer service over 15 years in various jobs, and all I can say about this company (East Greenbush, NY location) is it just a large sweatshop trying to act like they know what they are doing and don't really have a clue. Lousy pay, benefits are a joke, you supposedly get two weeks of vacation a year and yet can't even get a couple of hours off for a dentist appointment without it become a big mess between HR and management. Supervisors are a joke, they hire people without any managerial experience and then shove stupid rules down the throats of the employees while dangling the idea of a "bonus" which no one can achieve due to their own "fuzzy" math on your personal stats! The turn over rate is just astounding but not surprising, since new employees finally see what is going on and get the heck out as quick as they can. Of course they are hiring just about anything that can walk through the doors. My best advice is do not ever apply here, just move on to Maximus or somewhere else, this place is not worth it.
Pros
Cons
bad pay, bad benefits, bad management, need I say more?
Busy
customer service rep (Current Employee) –  East Greenbush NyJune 15, 2015
Healthhelp would be a good place to work if it were not for all the politics that go on there. Biggest turn over I have ever seen. Not a good place to work If you want a life . No vacation time unless you save all your PTO And sick day. when you request time off most of the time you are denied. I have been lied to their by a supervisor and ended up with the worst shift possible . Some of the supervisors are passive aggressive and laugh when they let people go. I have work in one form or another in the Health care field most of my life and enjoy it just sad the way you are treated.at this place. The best way to describe the job is a sweetshop for clerical workers
Being productive,understanding and professional.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston,TxJune 10, 2015
Healthhelp is a okay place of employment. Here I've learned that the patient is very important. Your personality,knowledge, and tone is a major part of your job in customer service. Co-workers also play a major part with my job. Once it understood that we come to do a job and work together as a group of professional people and a team, everything is good. There is really not a hard part of the job. It's the way an individual approaches it. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you have helped the person on the other end of the phone. Knowing they are pleased at end of the call.
Good place to work if not for politics
Client Support (Former Employee) –  HoustonApril 30, 2015
I worked here with support program, I honestly loved the job. I only started to notice there is no room to further education within this company. They dont bend schedules for everyone. It is a very cliquey enviroment. You are more likely to advance by who you know rather than your performance or skills. Managers/Supervisors are unprofessional and gossip but discourage anyone else to have conversations not pertaining to work. If you need to have a day off you can have the pto put the request and still get it denied if someone else has that day off. This is a good starter job until you find something better. The work load is heavy on some days but balances on others. Your coworkers make it easier. The atmosphere is quiet, and clean. Just dont get too comfortable.
Pros
free lunch some days, great coworkers, Workplace enviroment is great.
Cons
Short breaks, politics, unprofessional, scheduling
Very good place of employment
Project Manager/ Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 9, 2014
One if my favorite jobs, I loved working with my collogues and clients
Awesome job.
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 23, 2014
I have gained a lot of knowledge in the health care field and I love the fact that my job enables me to help impact people's lives so much because I love helping others. The hardest part of the job is advancement.
comfortable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 14, 2014
relaxed work
my co workers were youner than me
the pay was not worth the work required
Pros
relaxed enviorment
Cons
not enough pay
Virtual
PAYROLL ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  VIRTUAL AND ONSITEJanuary 22, 2014
VIRTUAL HOMEBASED OR HOMESHORED PREFERRED

Administrating and processing bi-weekly payroll of 500 employees by use of ADP Workforce Virtual and Client Site. Homeshored 2 -3 days a week.
• Importing hours for hourly employees on a bi-weekly basis by use of EZ Labor Time and Attendance
• Creating, customizing, editing and exporting payroll reports from ADP Reporting
• Export and Import of 401K deferral and loan data
• Setup and administration of goal related deductions
• Reconciling quarterly payroll tax reports
• Reconciled and balanced payroll deductions
• Quarterly Bonus recalculations
• Reconciled and balanced 941’s and W-2’s
• Provided payroll data per employer tax credits to agent
• Acted as liaison with child support, workers compensation and Department of Labor, etc.
• Provided Audit information to workers compensation agent
• Entered New Job Titles
• Entered Department Transfers
• Entered Employee Changes
It was a very loving place to work
Billing and (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 9, 2013
It was a stable place to work.They had alot of energy and kept you going.
Steady work & schedule
CLIENT SERVICES REP (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 28, 2013
Doing this type of call center work I would be required to take over 100 incoming calls from nurses to pre-authorize radiation therapies. I learned medical terminology and more about the internal processes of healthcare. The tier of managers made sure we had support when we needed it on the call enter floor. My colleagues were welcoming and informative. The hardest part and most enjoyable part of the job was remaining knowledgeable about the various health plans and using multiple systems to verify client eligibility.
Pros
The ability to finish my psychology degree while working.
Cons
Not adequate seating for all employees to take a seat at lunch.

Want to know more about HealthHelp?

Ask a question
very unprofessional place to work
former employee (Former Employee) –  Katy texasMarch 22, 2013
Low class females no discretion, lack of knowing what professionalism means, so called supervisor sleeping with team members, drinking alcohol on the job, should I go on.
Pros
absolutely none, unless you want to say you know where not to apply
Cons
everything!!!!!
very disorganized place
former nurse (Former Employee) –  greenspointMarch 14, 2013
This place is horrible. The turneover is extremely high. All departments within this company have so much politics. Not worth for a hard worker because you will get discourage. You will see supervisors walking around in flip flop, cut out jeans, tongue piercing, employees with no notion of a dress code at a corporate location. People coming to work in pink hair, conducting food stamps interview while on company's time. Some even use the company's fax to send informations for their assistance applications.
The ones that really gets a chance to advance within the company are the family members or friends of the ceo, recruiters and managers.
Pros
meet lots of goofy people
Cons
short breaks, low pay, horrible benefits
High turnover - high stress
Cardiac Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 1, 2013
Nurses sit in a cubicle for 10 shifts with limited times to stretch. Non-medical personnel assigned to watch nurses either in person as in the offices or via their phone use, as in virtual nurses, to make sure nurses meet their quota's; this causes an extremely tense work environment. Especially if there are not enough calls or faxes to allow them to meet their quotas.
Pros
a good place for nurses with physical limitations
Cons
high turn over and stress
Nice co-workers
Collector (Former Employee) –  houston, txDecember 14, 2012
This was my first job when I moved to the Houston area. It was a good place to gain experience.
Tough place to work
Nurse (Former Employee) –  HoustonNovember 30, 2012
I like the mission of this company--other than that it, was like you would take a beating. It was every person for themselves. The turnover was big while I was there including management. Management tries to manage, but politics will come up on top, as they are hanging on for dear life to their jobs. What is interesting, management did not even like each another, and would talk against each other in front of employees. . The CEO either does not have a clue what is going on or chooses to look the other way. I was good at what I did there, but only heard the bad, and if a certain director did not like you--no matter what your performance-- you were gone. I heard a conversation with this person and a few employees laughing about and berating an excellent employee. The employee was gone in 4 weeks. Needless to say very unprofessional. I loved what I did there. Unfortunately politics made it almost impossible to do your job.
Pros
a few managers were wonderful.
Cons
pay, and everything below
Values Good Health
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasSeptember 11, 2012
The CEO of this company has a good heart. She is not aware of some the unprofessionalism within her company. This company has several programs. This review is in to reference only the RadSite Department. Lack of real stable management, the department has much trial and error projects. There has been several directors whom have failed to proper manage this department. Management do not take the time to learn the program before setting their new rules and guidelines. Management do not accept feedback for workflow improvement from employees. Communication (faxes, emails, and mailed letters) sent to clients are not proof read and are sent out with misleading requests. The client thinks tge program is a joke. The department supervisor and team lead/ trainer lacks supervisor and professional skills. There is lack of training for new employees and lack of structured training material. Please do not apply for the RadSite Department.
Cons
poor medical insurance, no opportunities for career advancement
Suffocating environment
IT (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 20, 2012
Management discourses talking during work hours for non-work issues. Every Man for himself, no concept of team.
Pros
good pay and vacation
Cons
no concept of pay increase, turn over incredible high, management is very technical with no personal skills
Great place to work and you get to save lives every single day and thats what I love the most
CSR (Former Employee) –  KATY TXMarch 28, 2012
Answering phone calls and getting procedures approved.
Ive learned how to handle all different situations in a fast tempo.
Ive made friend with plenty of my co workers because they do a good job in hiring hard deadicated loyal employees.
The constant call waiting light.
You get to save lives and thats the most joy I think anyone could get
Pros
saving lives, friendly employees, good director
Cons
call volume, management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HealthHelp. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3