HealthNow New York Inc. Employee Reviews

Customer Service Call Center
MEMBER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 17, 2017
A normal day i answered 50+ calls regarding primary care physicians , what was covered on policies. Advising what Doctors/Specialists were accepting clients.
Excellent place to work
Enrollment & Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Endicott, NYJanuary 17, 2017
I was with this company for many years, excellent co workers, outstanding benefits, loved helping our customers and vendors
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
not many promotional opportunities in our division of the company
Good Company Very difficult work with Little rewards.
I worked there (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 12, 2016
I do miss working for HealthNow. My coworkers and peers were amazing talented people although there was frustration with management all the way up to the CEO of the organization. There is no career growth within the organization it is all based on nepotism and who you know versus how good and experienced of an employee you are. The health benefits are amazing, I was spoiled with how inexpensive they were even through the entire Healthcare reform bill. I currently pay 6 times more for benefits at my new company than I did at HealthNow. Overall I would recommend working there.
Pros
BENEFITS, BENEFITS, amazing employee workforce.
Cons
Management are Rude Liars
Excellent leadership and tremendous opportunity
Manager, Account Retention - West Region (Current Employee) –  sacrOctober 25, 2016
Great team environment and employee engagement. Extremely pleasant to work with all levels of employees. The leadership really embraces the comments and suggestions of the employees. Excellent facilities, including full gym.
Nice boss and great co-workers and comfortable atmosphere.
Medicaid Billing & Eligibility Representative (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYFebruary 20, 2015
I would register beneficiaries and their children with Medicaid health insurance. I would do this through phone contact and through paper work. I also would process several reports having to do with Medicaid. I learned a lot about Medicaid insurance coverage and I was happy to be able to enroll beneficiaries and their families. The hardest part of the job was some of the reports. They could get quite complicated at times and take awhile to complete. The most enjoyable part of the job was parties. We would have department parties for everyone's birthdays.
Pros
Great benefits vacation, healthcare, sicktime
Cons
Road leading up to company was very slippery in the wintertime
HealthNow
Network Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 17, 2014
Is a solid HealthCare Insurance Company. The company's Blue brand recognition is not only locally recognized, but also nationally esteemed.

HealthNow has some incredibly talented leaders and employees.
Striving to be better
Supervisor - Local Claim Operations (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 15, 2014
Company is striving to be a great place to work. Do not recognize the issues with the middle management team.
Unfocused
Tech Architect/IT Lead (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 17, 2014
The IT department and especially the data warehouse department has lost focus over the years. Micro management abounds, lack of training and discipline around standards and best practices. Everything is a "fire" with no considertation for proper implementations.
Pros
Remote Work
Cons
Lack of focus. Micro Management. No time to do proper implementations and development.
great people to work with
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 11, 2014
I love working here because of the people. They are smart and motivated to get the job done.
What is frustrating is that the processes tend to change every year and makes it very difficult to do your job at times when you are not sure what you should be doing.
Productive and fun work place
ETL Developer (Former Employee) –  new york,nyMarch 3, 2014
Productive and fun work place, good team to work with, had a good experience working with healthnow
Family oriented
Claims Processor for Medicare Part B (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYFebruary 6, 2014
This employer was family oriented with flexible work hours, PTO as well as sick days. Too bad the company closed.
Pros
Large food cafeteria, outdoor space with picnic tables
Cons
Absolute quiet required
Productive workplace~
Enrollment Representative (Former Employee) –  Endicott, NYAugust 29, 2013
Loved everyone there! Great place to work. Great hours and very easy to get along with others. Management was excellent.
Health Insurance
Director (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 3, 2013
Traditional business environment. Organizational Silo's and multiple layers of management. Very little communication on key topics or business decisions. Values are on the wall but not necessarily in practice.
eligibility and billing representative
eligibility and billing representative (Former Employee) –  Endicott, NYDecember 16, 2012
Management is poor and lacking professionalism. Endicott facility tries to run without corporate headquarters involvement or knowledge of the unprofessional antics that are going on and treatment of the employees. Attitude is they are above corporate. Employees and management can't get along. Policies and procedures are not updated so any new hire will be trained on old procedure then get written up. Employees will tell new hires that they need a certain quota for the day to get you to do their work while they surf the web.
Hardest part of the job is keeping up with quality control always reviewing your work and finding every mistake you make and every employee whether new or a 30 yr veteran gets written up on daily, very stressful. Most enjoyable part of the job was the end of the day!
Pros
good pay, flex time.
Cons
poor management of the employees, quality control reviewing all employees work daily
Nice incentives
Claims Preparation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 31, 2012
Was there for 10 years and then the world became electronic and my job was obsolete.
Pros
great pay and amazing co workers
Cons
politics
Industry in flux, reacting to change with automation and legislation.
Account Management Associate III (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYApril 4, 2012
I made it through 3 reorganizations, but not the last. Think due to my higher salary and slowdown in legislation, as well as my last project being completed. Was given positions largely aimed at producing effeciencies. I enjoyed that tremendously as I was given an opportunity to use my problem solving skills. I also worked on implementing changes that automated processes as well as implemented new state and federal legislation. I received an award for my work.

Those were interesting and challenging tasks, and I enjoyed working with others on the teams.

I was very self motivated having come from previous hi powered positions outside the industry, and received jealousy from the salaried staff in my department who were not chosen for those teams. These were people who did not work beyond 8 hours per day, did not see the big picture of our industry, but complained about everything. This was a difficult working environment, and I have to say that management dropped the ball communicating to them.
Pros
challenging, interesting work.
Cons
job insecurity, many reorganizations, and job duties changing often, poor people and resource management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HealthNow New York Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9