HealthPartners Employee Reviews

Horrible place.
Member Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 19, 2017
I worked in Member relations for 2 years, the worst two years ever !!! The company as a whole is unorganized and no one cooperates with each other. The management is like the Mafia if you don't kiss up or are related to someone in management you're going to be miserable. Pay wasn't too bad but it doesn't make up for the job atmosphere and dealing with their rude customers !!! They make it seem like they are all for your advancement within the company but that too is only reserved for their favorites. Even if you're qualified for the positions your applying for in other deoartments.
Pros
Cons
No breaks besides lunch
I worked for this company over 18 years!
LPN (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MN, Woodbury, MnFebruary 7, 2017
Due to reporting several safety concerns to the St. Paul clinic management that resulted in medication errors by several emoloyees with overbooking patients, I was targeted. I moved to the Woodbury clinic but was told THE TARGETING WOULD CONTINUE because "we talk" by management! My concern for patients right to safe quality care vs management budgeting was a battle I lost. It was THE REVENUE IN OVERBOOKING that put our patients safety at risk!! The employee befits were very good but the lack of passion for quality and safe care by management was why I left. May God Bless Health Partners!
Benefits
Cons
The St. Paul Clinic primary care MANAGEMENT is the worst. High turnovers and loss of good employees.
An unfair, unrealistic company
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNDecember 27, 2016
First of all, I am a woman mother of two; I worked for this company regrettably a feminist company with unrealistic expectations for moms and family folks that are looking for a stable income.

Do not apply for this company; the Appointment Center is plagued with High School Drama and racist slur I mean black and white,
Also, they hate homosexual people and Christian ladies.

Just stay away from this people, you will do yourself a big favor.

Good luck, try Fairview best place ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Potential benefits
Cons
Management, Customers, Protocols and Policies, Nepotism
I like the job freedon
Customer Service Representative & Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNDecember 5, 2016
Our team works well together. I like that i'm not micromanaged like previous jobs that I've had. I like finding solutions for people and this is a great work environment. We focus on providing great customer service to members over the phone and every once in a while we just cannot help anyone but we try our best every time. I learned that patience is the key to success and listening to people when they call in.
Manager of Application Services
Manager, App. and Systems Management (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 16, 2016
Manager of 5 Systems Analyst in an Application Management environment. Typical day involves systems configurations, testing, issue resolution. Work with great team of experienced analyst who support the core medical management, and workflow applications.
Pros
Great work life balance and commute
Cons
Stressful environent
Terrible place to work.
Receptionist/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bryan, OHOctober 14, 2016
This was a terrible place to work. Knew I had no experience going in but expected me to know all info after a couple of weeks. There was a lot to learn. Management only stuck up for each other did not really care about employees. Walked around on egg shells all the time. When you asked for help always got a nasty remark from management. Other employees were great in helping each out other out but that only made management mad. You got the help wherever you could since management never seemed to care. Management was also very judgmental about patients. Knew from day one this job was not going to last.
Pros
met new people, loved the paitents
Cons
management and training
Bad managment
Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNSeptember 23, 2016
This company may have good benefits but that is about it. They work you to the bone and make you feel bad when you need to call in sick for your child or even if you are sick. They are also so understaffed that patients get upset at us when they need to wait for longer then 5-10 minutes. There is also a lot of bullying from managment and other co-workers. It's a very negative place to work and I don't recommend working there if you are at all newer to the field or job and need extra training.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Negativity, overworked, bad managment and lack of training.
Politics-bullying-favoritism -high school drama
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  MnSeptember 15, 2016
Do not work in patient accounting! Its immature petty drama.
Management is a joke,,union is a bigger joke,,,....No support from supervisors or union,
Long term employees get forced out,,.Age discrimination (former hp employees why are you not looking into lawsuit??????? )
Hp suspended an employee for forging a doctor signature twice for narcotics. ....Yet they terminated a 20 year employee for failing an audit......(But hey..,They audit us for training purposes not a discipline tool....Lol
J*
Pros
Benefits....co workers...pay
Cons
Patient :accountug
No health insurance/ lack of patients
LPN (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VADecember 6, 2016
This is not a full time job ! you get paid per pt so if a pt cancels you loose money. No health insurance. No mileage. Patients live too far apart. They supposed to be home bound but they are never home. Not a good company.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
lack of patients, healthcare
Loved working at this company.
quality control medical records (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INMarch 13, 2017
I really enjoyed working there. The other employees were very nice and great to work with. The mangers were very helpful. I learned a lot working there and would still be there if they had not down-sized.

Want to know more about HealthPartners?

Ask a question
Good place to work and great people
Coding Supervisor Surgical Services (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNSeptember 10, 2016
HP has great leadership and great employees. It is a collabritive environment where other employees will help you if you have questions or having trouble completing all tasks. The hardest part of the job was making sure you have all the current charges in an processed timely. HP is into technology and I think ahead of many other organizations that I have worked for, so that was always interesting to see how a team member would come up with a better way to do something. HP also liked employee input on bettering the organization.
Pros
lots of learning opportunities and many various jobs you could advance into
Cons
No cons that I can think of
Workplace nominated one of the best in 2013
Member Relations Rep (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 11, 2016
A typical day of work consisted of answering the phones. Co-workers were great to work with. Management for the most part would bend over backwards to assist you. Hardest part of job was dealing with difficult callers.
Fun workplace, feel secure and important in my role
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMarch 3, 2017
Some departments may be more rigid in their approach, due to the nature of the job, but I will say that most of the management is wonderful to work for, and makes all employees feel welcome.
Office closed
Health Coach/Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kenton, OHMarch 9, 2017
Not a very friendly place to work or to receive medical care. Very stressful working here and the hours are awful. Coworkers are lazy and never help each other. The office is a wreck papers everywhere.
Temporary Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMarch 3, 2017
Was contracted to sell health insurance options through open enrollment. Loved the work and environment. Great management and hope to be considered for a full time position in the future.
Excellent place to work
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNNovember 6, 2016
HealthPartners has a great training program, which makes the job that much easier to perform. They offer top salary and amazing benefits. Once you are part of the HealthPartners company you have every opportunity for advancement.
Speak to the people who got bullied by management
Former employer (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaSeptember 6, 2016
Stay well away. Toxic work place. Management being the major issue allowing the bulling to go on from supervisors. If you get singled out by your supervisor do not expect the union to help you and you will be terminated. Work place bulling is alive and well in the company.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Never listen to the staff
Excellent benefits
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hugo, MNFebruary 21, 2017
I only worked as a part-time employee, but what I've seen they have amazing benefits. Although we were often understaffed, the employees never let the patients see the stress.
Work life balance was a major plus
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNNovember 14, 2016
Working at HealthPartners, for almost 13 years in a variety of roles I worked with many different people in the organization. HealthPartners fosters a great environment for community volunteerism and involvement.

The most rewarding part of my last job was being able to help the customers and really knowing all parts of healthcare. The hardest part is the current state of the insurance status for a lot of people and trying to talk through options and help them the best I could when there was not really a whole lot of other options. I did learn that really listening to our customers can often times just be what a person needs, not to be dismissed or passed off to another person but to take that caller whatever they are calling about listen not just transfer them or give them another phone number but rather help them resolve their concern. You never know how many calls it took them to get to you or what kind of day they are having.
Pros
Working from home - during winter - snow
Cons
N/A
Customer Service Pharmacy
Pharmacy Technician Assistant II (CPHT) (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 18, 2016
We couldn't help out our co-workers and no communication from manager or leads. Upper management from other areas were great. The hardest part would be the lack of support from leads and manager. leads would belittle you and talk down to you.
Pros
Pay & Benefits
Cons
No communication from managers and leads, breaks too early or too late