HealthPartners

HealthPartners Employee Reviews

HealthPartners
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Independence, understood family situations, worked well with my team
Cons: everyworkplace has some cons, but you have to learn to work with them and sometimes agree to disagree
I learned many skills being a Business Analyst. I learned a lot about business requirements and setting priorities. My favorite part of the job was creating the test plans and testing the programs that were developed. I enjoyed taking the lead in the Community Giving Campaign and department events. After I took it over, we were in the top 5 departments that raised the most money for charity for 5 years straight.
Great Company
Member Services Representative (Current Employee), Bloomington, MNAugust 11, 2015
The organization is a great place to work for. The company updates all of their employes and never let anyone behind. The management team is great and they always gives a work/life balance to all employes. Member service is a great department to work for; however, the members are really disrespectful. They treat the employees poorly and they are not knowledgeable about their insurance plan. The pay is great; however, for the stress member service representative take and being the voice of the organization is not enough compare to other departments whose stress level and job duties is lighter.
Excellent
Member Services Supervisor (Current Employee), Bloomington, MNJuly 16, 2015
HealthPartners is a wonderful place to work. Leadership really values work life balance and invests in their employees.
Great place to work.
Appointment Center Scheduler (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNJune 30, 2015
A typical day consisted of interacting with many patients so as to get them scheduled with their physicians. This was a good job with many good people.
Great teamwork
Individual Membership Accounting Enrollment (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNJune 15, 2015
Enjoyed working with the team! The management was great; the leaders give good insight, listens to their team, and they accept ideas! They also pass on the ideas to the upper management team.
Encouraging environment
Team Lead Member Services (Current Employee), Bloomington, MNJune 13, 2015
Upper management is very encouraging and approachable. Employees are friendly and always willing to help.
A lot of opportunity for advancement.
medical coding
Revenue Cycle Specialist (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNMay 19, 2015
A friendly atmosphere where employees can have work and have fun at the same time. The workers are easily going where you feel belong.
A Day at Work
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNMay 12, 2015
Pros: Excellent cafe
Cons: Short Breaks
A typical day at work consisted of assisting members with transportation to and from medical appointments. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I was able to assist those in need.
Great benefits
Revenue Cycle Training Administrator (Current Employee), Saint PaulApril 21, 2015
Great place to work. Great benefits. Lots of room for career growth. Co-workers make work fun. Never a dull moment................................................
Great Company with Great People
Sales Communications Coordinator (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNApril 6, 2015
Pros: Flexibility, Work/Life Balance, Training Opportunities and Friendly
Cons: Can feel in the middle regarding company's perspective of claims with member's perspective
I worked in the headquarters of this HMO. The culture is friendly, open and fast-paced. Healthcare is an intriguing industry and always changing making it a great place to work if you want to constantly learn, grow and adapt as legislation and the industry changes. My teams were supportive, hard working, fun and friendly. I had managers who encouraged my advancement and provided opportunities in which to move. I would highly recommend working here.
Possible Career Building Company
Patient Accounts - Billing (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNApril 2, 2015
I enjoy the work, co-workers and hours. Management can be great if they were open to listening to their employees.
Hardest part of the job is the medical field changes consistently which causes us to have to modify and change processes.
uplifting
Data Analyst/ Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Bloomington, MNFebruary 24, 2015
I felt that leaders here were always available for their employees as well as for students, parents coming into the university needing some type of assistance. It's great when you feel the presence of your leaders and that they come by and ask how you are, greet you and take interest in their department and employees.
Great!
Medical office asst (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNFebruary 21, 2015
Great place to work! Wonderful training and management. Staff appreciation is extremely high. Hours are open and flexible. I recommend this employer to anyone looking for a family oriented place to call home/work.
Good place to learn
Intern (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNFebruary 12, 2015
I learned more about the provider network, coworkers were very nice and welcoming, good environment to learn, fairly flexible with hours
Large company that continues to grow
Customer Consultant (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: expanding company
Cons: maybe moving too fast.
Very progressive company in the healthcare reform processes. Owns several of the companies own healthcare facilities. Making a strong move in the marketplace
Caring, collaborative environment.
Supervisor, Individual Medical Underwriting (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: great benefits, great cafeteria, great culture, great people
Cons: parking lot
I supervised a team of 7 medical underwriters and 4 assistants [union]. I loved my team. They were all hard-working and took pride in their roles. I was there for them, they knew that. I had an open door policy and handled all staffing issues, conducted quality audits, quarterly and annual reviews as well as coaching efforts for union staff that needed guidance. My job was great and I was sad that our department was dissolved [due to the Affordable Care Act aka: Obamacare]. Each day was different. I had multiple tasks and projects going on at once and that is the way I like it! I earned respect from my team. I lead the endeavor to move my department to a paperless environment which was executed successfully, reducing TAT's by 1/2 and increasing productivity by 30% while still maintaing quality. That is huge! During the last 2 years prior to our demise; I created a spreadsheet for the team to use for case pricing and documentation of which Actuary took and added some algorithm data. This was done due to the sunsetting of our old database and functionality. This allowed my team to continue current processes with minimal interruption to the team; quality, TAT, production with little or no cost to the company. I was the SME [subject matter expert] for the new system that was to be implemented after I was gone.
Focused on partnership
Project Manager (Current Employee), Bloomington, MNJanuary 22, 2015
Decisions are made through partnership.

Great culture.

Minimal advancement available.
Watch your back.
Hospice and Palliative Care Resource RN (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNOctober 29, 2014
I would not have taken the job if I knew the covert job culture.
HR Department doesn't look enough at resume's and cross functional skills in their hiring process
HealthPartners - temp employee (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: nice work environment
Cons: hard to advance or get noticed
I worked at HealthPartners and the overall experience was good however my temporary work there was fruitless in terms of actually getting hired on - my efforts were above average and my reviews were very good and produced additional work. I am not fond of the union environment there because it keeps good workers down. Their HR Group doesn't seem to do a good job of reviewing peoples resume's for cross functional skill sets. This is no light matter in my opinion. For someone with 15 - 30 years of overall experience and skills to be passed up by someone with 2 - 4 years of specific experience with a specific title is a bit short sited.
Co-workers were supportive
Medical Biller (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNAugust 21, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: the direction the comapny is going
Was great going to work and see my co-workers. We were all payor specific and each one if them knows the payor they are responsible for.